Cafe Bizou - Pasadena
91 N. Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Bizou - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebizou.com/
- Phone: 6267929923
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch:Monday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Neil Rogers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with a capacity of 60 people maximum.
- Private Party Contact: Julio Lopez 6267929923
A word from Cafe Bizou - Pasadena
Come enjoy the Cafe Bizou experience located in Old Town Pasadena. At Cafe Bizou, we pride ourselves in providing top quality service and delicious food in a family friendly restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cafe Bizou - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Cafe Bizou - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)special occasion (71)great for lunch (61)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (57)romantic (54)great for brunch (26)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- MikeMDined on 10/19/2014Valet parking at $8 is too high compared to other restaurants in Old Town PasadenaSpecial Features:
- attentive staff, delicious foodCool101Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent service and food!too dark in restaurant need a flashlight and read menu.very busy restaurant, must have a reservation.very noisy,hard to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyable dining experience - as always. Service was great and so was the food.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualfoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014have always liked this place, especially for the lunch specials. It was an especially noisy night due to a party in the bar section. The kitchen must have been struggling a little, had to send my steak salad back because the meat was over cooked. Interesting, their steak salad is more of a little steak with a nice little salad on the side, rather than a traditional steak salad-- not what I was expecting, but good, because the steak portion was just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAF1Dined on 10/17/2014Consistently excellent for food, service, ambiance and value.Special Features:
- Always great!happylovetoeatDined on 10/15/2014Always good food, good service, moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy2eathappy2eatDined on 10/11/2014The food was very well prepared and the service was excellent. We would not hesitate to return to this restaurant or recommend it. We look forward to returning in the future.Special Features:
- Great Food - Good PricesVienneseDined on 10/11/2014Our Bruin football group ate here after a horrible game and Café Bizou's cuisine definitely took some of the sting out of the loss. My seared ahi was cooked to rare perfection with a hit of soy flavoring. I could have made a meal out of the sauteed spinach alone. My husband and daughter thoroughly enjoyed their 6 oz steaks. One of our friends ordered the crème brulee for dessert; the glaze on top had the perfect amount of crackle. My dessert consisted of a delightful cup of coffee. And we were all surprised at the prices - considerably lower than many restaurants whose food is not as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014The restaurant did everything they could to accommodate all of our wishes. The waiter was fabulous. He made our evening unforgettable. I will definitely come back. We were a group of 14 people. I know that everyone enjoyed their food. Again, thanks for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience!!!MongoDined on 10/8/2014A friend joined me who had never been there before. He got the shepherd's pie and hardly said a word throughout the meal. He's a slow eater but was so focused on his meal he forgot I was there. Loved it. I got the scallops, jumbo shrimp and steak combo. Excellent. Delish.Special Features:
- Before Show at Pasadena Playhousejwr4foodVIPDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I have eaten here several times and have enjoyed our meals especially when we've ordered the fish. My wife had the halibut and I had the oak-planked salmon. The fish and the steamed veggies (which we substituted for the potatoes), were wonderful ... not only presented very appetizingly, but perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater locationTerpsichoreDined on 10/5/2014We almost always come to Cafe Bizou in Pasadena before attending the Pasadena Playhouse. It's very convenient, the food is delicious with a lot of choices, and the service is always great.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking for.JustPeachyDined on 10/3/2014Cafe Bizou was perfect. We had friends joining us from out-of-town and wanted a nice place with delicious food and great atmosphere, where we could still talk. It was firing on all pistons Friday night. Everything was right. Every bite of food was great. We enjoyed having dinner there and will go back again soon. Had a good experience all the way around. Our favorite entrees were were pork tenderloin, blackened salmon and Alaskan sandabs. The prices were very reasonable. Even the wine was good! Glad we went there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJoe2goVIPDined on 10/3/2014Cafe Bizou is our "go to" restaurant when we want a good, healthy meal. The dishes are not fancy or innovative, just healthy and delicious. Their "house specials" are all worth trying. The wait staff is professional and attentive without being intrusive. We also like the fact that we can bring our own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at a Great Price.ReparataDined on 9/28/2014Cafe Bizou has the perfect combo for this economy....great food at a great price. All the menu items are reasonably priced. For $2.00 you get a Caesar salad with an entree. September had a $26 prix fixe special, Appetizer, entree, dessert. I had lobster bisque, black linguini with shrimp, scallops and lobster and Tira Misu. While other restaurants skimp on the servings, these were full portions. Service is excellent. Bonus is the $2 corkage charge to bring your own wine but they do have a good list too. I am a repeat customer. Nice spot for a holiday gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceJaimitoDined on 9/28/2014We dine regularly at Cafe Bizou Sherman Oaks, and have always been very pleased. This time we decided to eat in Pasadena. The place was almost empty. The lentil soup was lukewarm, the lentils were not fully cooked. The sesame coated salmon was the wine sauce were good. The potato pancakes were inedible. They were grossly over-salted. The NY steak tasted watery. The brandy cream sauce was so diluted that it had no flavor. The grilled spicy shrimp with penne pasta did not have sun dried tomatoes, and they brought them with the wrong sauce. They have very few desserts and no berries. The waiter did not come back to the table until after we finish our meal at which time, he asked how was the meal.
- Food needs fixing.HyperFussyDined on 9/26/2014Despite wonderful atmosphere and attentive service, the food fell a little short. My husband's sand dabs were soft (!) and the 4 tiny mushroom appetizers on the large plate were too few and too expensive for what you got. Our friends ordered bouillabaisse and salmon and I'm not sure if they were impressed at all. However, there's quite a selection and it would be difficult to NOT find something to order. The calamari were the most delicious things! Must have those again. The cocktails were fantastic! And the corkage fee was a great surprise. We would come back but would order more carefully and ask questions.Special Features:
- Great prefix lunchpassion4foodDined on 9/25/2014We had wonderful experience. Food was superb!! Great service and location. Coming back soon it was so good. Love the prefix menu. The lobster pasta was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendPatzDined on 9/20/2014Drove up from Orange County to meet a friend from Semi Vly. Had a great waiter and food was good. We put it in our "come back" list.Special Features:
- Great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014For the food u r getting. Great service as well. I always order the lobster n shrimp pasta and the lobster bisque. It's never a disappointment.Special Features:
- AwfulpkrevVIPDined on 9/13/2014Didn't know crust on a bread could be rock hard and apparently acceptable for service, when we asked for replacement. Steak au poivre without the black pepper, served with salty spinach. Mashed potatoes were creamy. DO NOT get overlooked seafood pasty pasta. More sprinkled chopped fresh tomatoes than seafood. What a joke!! Both entrees had been sitting for some time before they came to us. Looked unappealing. TOURIST TRAP.
- Celebrate heremtfrdshrDined on 9/13/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is ALWAYS outstanding and moderate in price. Menu is large and everything is delicious. Corkage fee only 2 dollars. We always recommend this restaurant when meeting friends for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeannieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Generally fit for foodies, however, this time the food was a little lacking. Steak was ordered medium and it came rare, returned to customer well done. Risotto was dry and without flavor. Kitchen was slow. While the food was ok, it just did not have the same wonderful flavors. An off night in the kitchen, however, Café Bizou remains one of our favorite local restaurants.Special Features:
- Consistently goodLynnDined on 9/10/2014We've been coming to this restaurant since it opened 15 years ago. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/7/2014Chosen for the close proximity to our lodgings, and the menu offered a great variety. We shared an order of escargot, and they were served in the shells. We did experience some difficulty trying to coax some of the morsels out of their shells, and one rascal escaped the table completely, coming to rest on the bench seat between us. Quick recovery, and we enjoyed the Caesar salad, asian pear salad, lobster bisque and french onion soup. Service was good. Glad we tried the site.Special Features:
- Our Favorite ResturantluvbizouDined on 9/7/2014This is our favorite place to eat. Great charm, great food, and great service. And corkage charge is so very reasonable. Never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Lunch for a B-day celebrationfoodie2Dined on 9/6/2014It was great getting seated immediately and our order was promptly taken. I was with my 90 yr. old parents and they were very comfortable. The food is accessible to people of all ages who might have dietary restrictions. Light, French food with a sophisticated edge. Highly recommended. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value - prix fixeAshKashVIPDined on 9/3/2014The have an excellent prix fixe option that includes 3 courses for $16. Course 1 or 3 can be substituted for a glass of wine, which I did. The wine was pretty good too.Special Features:
- 1st ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Ours and our companions 1st experience with Cafe Bizou was relatively good however we had one big disappointment. The temperature in our area was extremely warm and we had let our server know we were uncomfortable. He told us he would see what he could do. As we were about to leave the restaurant we found out that the unit in our area of the restaurant was not working. I feel that Management could have done a better job by offering to move us into an area where the air was functioning normally instead of us having to endure the heat through our meal. The dining area in the next room was cool and many tables were available. The menu was extensive and our food and drinks were good.Special Features:
- awful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014The Lobster Bisque was terrible, although it did have a couple of pieces of lobster. The seafood pasta was served luke warm. I asked the waiter to have it reheated. The kitchen made a new plate that was still lukewarm, and there was no seafood in it. The dessert was OK.
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We ordered from the pre fixe menu and supplemented it with other appetizers as we have been doing when offered. Though the restaurant was full we did not feel pushed and the service was tight but very acceptable. As usual the $2.00 corkage is the cheery on top of the frosting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!RocketManVIPDined on 8/26/2014If you can't get to Paris, try Cafe Bizou in Pasadena is a good alternate! The ambiance is exceptional and the food "c'est délicieuse!" Try the baked stuffed mushrooms in a rich balsalmic reduction, salade des epinards (spinach salad) and classic French dishes like steak frites, or for a lighter meal the macadamia nut crusted halibut or sautéed sandabs. Finish with an amazing apple tarte tatin or flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice bistroTerryptbDined on 8/23/2014Cafe Bizou was a great first time experience. The food was good and was the service. We had a group of 8, ages ranging from 6 to 85 and everyone enjoyed the food and service. There's no kids menu so we ordered 2 regular entrees to split among our 4 kids. We enjoyed Cafe Bisou and would recommend them to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER EXPERIENCEARLYPIEDined on 8/22/2014FRIDAY EVENING I ORDERED THE "DAY SPECIAL" BOUILLABAISSE. IT WAS VERY SALTY AND THE BOTH WAS THICK ALMOST LIKE CIOPPINO. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED! I LOVE BOUILLABAISSE! SO, I ORDERED MY REGULAR LOBSTER, SEA SCALLOP & SHRIMP BLACK PASTA. UNFORTUNATELY, THAT WASN'T GREAT EITHER, THERE WERE NO LOBSTER BITS OR SEA SCALLOP JUST DICED SHRIMP AND OVER COOKED PASTA. I DIDN'T WANT TO COMPLAIN AGAIN, PLUS I WAS WITH A GROUP OF FRIENDS. MAYBE THE REAL CHEF WAS ABSENT THAT NIGHT, USUALLY THAT DISH IS VERY GOOD! THE FRENCH GENTLEMAN BENOIT WAS VERY NICE AND PLEASING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beRobinDined on 8/19/2014We often go to Cafe Bizou and enjoy it. For the first time we went mid-week. We had bread that was re-served (one dried out loaf, one warm and soft.) Our waiter was inattentive and rushed. The place is in need of a good cleaning, it seems like no one is taking pride in it anymore. I would go again for sure, but NOT for the special occasion is was.
- Your Average Faux French RestaurantNozferatuVIPDined on 8/16/2014Why are French restaurants in the US so off? I don't understand really. What happens to this cuisine once it leaves the native land of France? Well...Cafe Bizou is what happens. I've been to this restaurant..both the Pasadena and Studio City/Sherman Oaks locations...and both are the same. They serve food that I can only describe as cheap French food for the masses. Why did I go more than once? Well...I know people who love this place and I can't be rude and say no I won't go. Try L'Assiete Steak Frites instead...at least it feels and tastes French. Cafe Bizou...ugh.
- One of my favoritesAllanGDined on 8/16/2014Saturday lunch was excellent. All four of us ordered from the prix fixe menu, had different things, and enjoyed them all. I've previously had dinner there many times. To summarize, you won't find a better, more reasonably priced restaurant in Old Town Pasadena, or most anywhere else.Special Features:
- My Birthday LunchWickedwitch2Dined on 8/16/2014several friends I worked with for about 40 years treated me to a belated birthday lunch at Café Bizou. We had leisurely lunch; everyone seemed to enjoy the food. I had a nice salmon salad. And, there was a lovely flourless chocolate cake with a birthday candle on top for me!! The bread was delicious.My only disappointment is the fact that none of the fish is wild caught. I realize that most restaurants don't buy wild-caught seafood, and those that do most likely charge a hefty price for it. To their credit, Café Bizou personnel know that their seafood is farm raised and are willing to admit it. For that, I was very grateful. I'm anxious to try this lovely restaurant for dinner in the near future.Special Features:
- Not that impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Food was subpar, and did not taste fresh. The ambiance is good for groups, but may be too noisy for an intimate dinner.Special Features:
- reviewVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had an enjoyable dinner. We had ordered some really tasty foods off the pre-fixe menu. Our server was good but unfortunately they had him working a big party in anther room so he did not return as much to make sure we were okay. Had to ask others from wine and bread but I could understand since he was working hard at the big party table. We had a relaxing meal since it was not very noisy at the time we went.Special Features: