Cafe Bizou - Pasadena
91 N. Raymond Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91103Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Bizou - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebizou.com/
- Phone: (626) 792-9923
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch:Monday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Neil Rogers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with a capacity of 60 people maximum.
- Private Party Contact: Julio Lopez 6267929923
A word from Cafe Bizou - Pasadena
Come enjoy the Cafe Bizou experience located in Old Town Pasadena. At Cafe Bizou, we pride ourselves in providing top quality service and delicious food in a family friendly restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cafe Bizou - Pasadena - Best Restaurants in Pasadena ›
Cafe Bizou - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)good for groups (49)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (43)great for lunch (43)romantic (39)great for brunch (15)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Our favorite Pasadena pre-theater restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014The prices are great. Nice price fixe offering and the minimal corkage fee leads to a very affordable, yet wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with serviceDenfriVIPDined on 11/21/2014Made a reservation on Open Table site and listed on Special Requests that I hoped for a "nice table or booth to celebrate a 33rd Wedding Anniversary". Upon arrival, we were led to the first open booth directly forward of the front door and near the hostess desk. Nothing special about that table. Some restaurants I've been to, offer a complimentary dessert or flower or other item for special celebrations which I never expect them to do. It's just a nice added touch to show they appreciate their customers. Café Bizou did not do this, but they also didn't even bother to wish us a Happy Anniversary or thank us for celebrating with them. In fact, our waiter never even came by during or after our dinner to check and see if everything was okay or not. I had to even call him over to my table to order a second glass of wine, since he never came back after serving us. After dinner, my wife was asked for her selection of dessert which came with the prix fixe menu. Our waiter was ready to walk away with that order without even asking me if I wanted anything. I had to ask if I could get a coffee as well and also ordered a dessert. Dropped $125.00 and have had better service at a diner.
- Always Fantastic!Trynewfoods2Dined on 11/21/2014As always, the food was delicious and perfectly prepared, impeccable service every time! The Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorite dishes with its creamy garlic sauce! They serve generous portions too. The flourless chocolate cake was lighter than air, served with a wonderful raspberry sauce and what tasted like fresh, homemade whipped cream. Absolutely scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Good food, good service at reasonable prices in the heart of Old Town, Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but some areas for improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Overall my wife and I enjoyed Cafe Bizou. We loved the cocktails made with fresh ingredients and really loved the escargot and beet salad we started with. My wife ordered their shrimp and scallop risotto which was more like shrimp, scallop, and dry rice. I ordered the thursday special duck breast which was ok. The service was great as was the ambience. I think that I'd be willing to give it another go to see if it was just an "off" night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was surprisingly amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/12/2014Ate at bar, pleasant ambiance and food was excellent. Rack of lamb was perfect, bread crusty, potatoes to die for...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/8/2014Cafe Bizou isn't really fine dining at its greatest, but they are a great value. The French affair is done well and the service is good. Bring your favorite bottles of wine and let the dinner conversations flow. $2 Corkage fees keeps customers coming for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usual!TKAdineDined on 11/8/2014Cafe Bizou is always a delicious meal. The menu doesn't change and when we just want to relax in the comfort of an "old friend" and KNOW the food will be excellent and at a terrific price, we go to Cafe Bizou! I would not necessarily say the restaurant is hip, but it is very consistent and the staff is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Quaint, friendly & cozy place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Had a very nice birthday dinner with my family, there was six of us. We were accommodated in a very comfy nook. The lighting, decor,atmosphere was just right. The staff was very attentive & friendly. Our server was timely, took care of us very well! Had Prix Fixe seafood squid ink pasta, lobster bisque was wonderful! The unexpected best was the flour less chocolate cake! This little gem of a restaurant is great for a romantic dinner as well! See you next time Cafe Bizou! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhhood FavoriteDdePasadenaDined on 11/5/2014Benn dining at Cafe Bijou for years and it has never disappointed ne. Lunch or dinner its great for food and a nice quiet admosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 11/1/2014Sadly, the kitchen was having an off night. The sweetbreads appetizer which is usually excellent, was dry, tough, and full of membranes. The potato pancakes they were served over were cool and not fully cooked. Chicken Medeira was good but the accompanying instant mashed potatoes were lacking in flavor and had the consistency of sawdust. The seafood pasta on the 3 course pre fixe menu was good as was the flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Six of us reserved for a birthday brunch for one of our friends. It was an 11:00 event, so we were given the choice of both menus: brunch or a 3-course lunch. It was basically a split decision, and all were happy with their choices. My goat cheese, aspagrus, and ham omelet was delicious, and I had a small Caesar Salad as a starter. Others had pasta, eggs, salad, etc. Three different desserts (flourless chocolate cake, tiramisu, and assorted sorbets) were enjoyed by all. And the birthday girl was given a complimentary slice cake. I have eaten at Cafe Bizou many times in the past and will continue to select it as an "always good choice" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeMDined on 10/19/2014Valet parking at $8 is too high compared to other restaurants in Old Town PasadenaSpecial Features:
- attentive staff, delicious foodCool101Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent service and food!too dark in restaurant need a flashlight and read menu.very busy restaurant, must have a reservation.very noisy,hard to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyable dining experience - as always. Service was great and so was the food.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualfoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014have always liked this place, especially for the lunch specials. It was an especially noisy night due to a party in the bar section. The kitchen must have been struggling a little, had to send my steak salad back because the meat was over cooked. Interesting, their steak salad is more of a little steak with a nice little salad on the side, rather than a traditional steak salad-- not what I was expecting, but good, because the steak portion was just right.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAF1Dined on 10/17/2014Consistently excellent for food, service, ambiance and value.Special Features:
- Always great!happylovetoeatDined on 10/15/2014Always good food, good service, moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy2eathappy2eatDined on 10/11/2014The food was very well prepared and the service was excellent. We would not hesitate to return to this restaurant or recommend it. We look forward to returning in the future.Special Features:
- Great Food - Good PricesVienneseDined on 10/11/2014Our Bruin football group ate here after a horrible game and Café Bizou's cuisine definitely took some of the sting out of the loss. My seared ahi was cooked to rare perfection with a hit of soy flavoring. I could have made a meal out of the sauteed spinach alone. My husband and daughter thoroughly enjoyed their 6 oz steaks. One of our friends ordered the crème brulee for dessert; the glaze on top had the perfect amount of crackle. My dessert consisted of a delightful cup of coffee. And we were all surprised at the prices - considerably lower than many restaurants whose food is not as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014The restaurant did everything they could to accommodate all of our wishes. The waiter was fabulous. He made our evening unforgettable. I will definitely come back. We were a group of 14 people. I know that everyone enjoyed their food. Again, thanks for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience!!!MongoDined on 10/8/2014A friend joined me who had never been there before. He got the shepherd's pie and hardly said a word throughout the meal. He's a slow eater but was so focused on his meal he forgot I was there. Loved it. I got the scallops, jumbo shrimp and steak combo. Excellent. Delish.Special Features:
- Before Show at Pasadena Playhousejwr4foodVIPDined on 10/5/2014My wife and I have eaten here several times and have enjoyed our meals especially when we've ordered the fish. My wife had the halibut and I had the oak-planked salmon. The fish and the steamed veggies (which we substituted for the potatoes), were wonderful ... not only presented very appetizingly, but perfectly done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater locationTerpsichoreDined on 10/5/2014We almost always come to Cafe Bizou in Pasadena before attending the Pasadena Playhouse. It's very convenient, the food is delicious with a lot of choices, and the service is always great.Special Features:
- Just what we were looking for.JustPeachyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Cafe Bizou was perfect. We had friends joining us from out-of-town and wanted a nice place with delicious food and great atmosphere, where we could still talk. It was firing on all pistons Friday night. Everything was right. Every bite of food was great. We enjoyed having dinner there and will go back again soon. Had a good experience all the way around. Our favorite entrees were were pork tenderloin, blackened salmon and Alaskan sandabs. The prices were very reasonable. Even the wine was good! Glad we went there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJoe2goVIPDined on 10/3/2014Cafe Bizou is our "go to" restaurant when we want a good, healthy meal. The dishes are not fancy or innovative, just healthy and delicious. Their "house specials" are all worth trying. The wait staff is professional and attentive without being intrusive. We also like the fact that we can bring our own wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at a Great Price.ReparataDined on 9/28/2014Cafe Bizou has the perfect combo for this economy....great food at a great price. All the menu items are reasonably priced. For $2.00 you get a Caesar salad with an entree. September had a $26 prix fixe special, Appetizer, entree, dessert. I had lobster bisque, black linguini with shrimp, scallops and lobster and Tira Misu. While other restaurants skimp on the servings, these were full portions. Service is excellent. Bonus is the $2 corkage charge to bring your own wine but they do have a good list too. I am a repeat customer. Nice spot for a holiday gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceJaimitoDined on 9/28/2014We dine regularly at Cafe Bizou Sherman Oaks, and have always been very pleased. This time we decided to eat in Pasadena. The place was almost empty. The lentil soup was lukewarm, the lentils were not fully cooked. The sesame coated salmon was the wine sauce were good. The potato pancakes were inedible. They were grossly over-salted. The NY steak tasted watery. The brandy cream sauce was so diluted that it had no flavor. The grilled spicy shrimp with penne pasta did not have sun dried tomatoes, and they brought them with the wrong sauce. They have very few desserts and no berries. The waiter did not come back to the table until after we finish our meal at which time, he asked how was the meal.
- Food needs fixing.HyperFussyDined on 9/26/2014Despite wonderful atmosphere and attentive service, the food fell a little short. My husband's sand dabs were soft (!) and the 4 tiny mushroom appetizers on the large plate were too few and too expensive for what you got. Our friends ordered bouillabaisse and salmon and I'm not sure if they were impressed at all. However, there's quite a selection and it would be difficult to NOT find something to order. The calamari were the most delicious things! Must have those again. The cocktails were fantastic! And the corkage fee was a great surprise. We would come back but would order more carefully and ask questions.Special Features:
- Great prefix lunchpassion4foodDined on 9/25/2014We had wonderful experience. Food was superb!! Great service and location. Coming back soon it was so good. Love the prefix menu. The lobster pasta was divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendPatzDined on 9/20/2014Drove up from Orange County to meet a friend from Semi Vly. Had a great waiter and food was good. We put it in our "come back" list.Special Features:
- Great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014For the food u r getting. Great service as well. I always order the lobster n shrimp pasta and the lobster bisque. It's never a disappointment.Special Features:
- AwfulpkrevVIPDined on 9/13/2014Didn't know crust on a bread could be rock hard and apparently acceptable for service, when we asked for replacement. Steak au poivre without the black pepper, served with salty spinach. Mashed potatoes were creamy. DO NOT get overlooked seafood pasty pasta. More sprinkled chopped fresh tomatoes than seafood. What a joke!! Both entrees had been sitting for some time before they came to us. Looked unappealing. TOURIST TRAP.
- Celebrate heremtfrdshrDined on 9/13/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is ALWAYS outstanding and moderate in price. Menu is large and everything is delicious. Corkage fee only 2 dollars. We always recommend this restaurant when meeting friends for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeannieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Generally fit for foodies, however, this time the food was a little lacking. Steak was ordered medium and it came rare, returned to customer well done. Risotto was dry and without flavor. Kitchen was slow. While the food was ok, it just did not have the same wonderful flavors. An off night in the kitchen, however, Café Bizou remains one of our favorite local restaurants.Special Features:
- Consistently goodLynnDined on 9/10/2014We've been coming to this restaurant since it opened 15 years ago. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- nonicknameVIPDined on 9/7/2014Chosen for the close proximity to our lodgings, and the menu offered a great variety. We shared an order of escargot, and they were served in the shells. We did experience some difficulty trying to coax some of the morsels out of their shells, and one rascal escaped the table completely, coming to rest on the bench seat between us. Quick recovery, and we enjoyed the Caesar salad, asian pear salad, lobster bisque and french onion soup. Service was good. Glad we tried the site.Special Features:
- Our Favorite ResturantluvbizouDined on 9/7/2014This is our favorite place to eat. Great charm, great food, and great service. And corkage charge is so very reasonable. Never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Lunch for a B-day celebrationfoodie2Dined on 9/6/2014It was great getting seated immediately and our order was promptly taken. I was with my 90 yr. old parents and they were very comfortable. The food is accessible to people of all ages who might have dietary restrictions. Light, French food with a sophisticated edge. Highly recommended. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value - prix fixeAshKashVIPDined on 9/3/2014The have an excellent prix fixe option that includes 3 courses for $16. Course 1 or 3 can be substituted for a glass of wine, which I did. The wine was pretty good too.Special Features: