1924 S State Street
Chicago, IL 60616Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafebionda.com/
- Phone: 3123269800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Mon-Thurs
Dinner: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm Fri & Sat
Sunday Dinner: 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Any item featured on the menu can be done family style for catering events.
Call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Seats up to 40. Holds up to 50.
- Private Party Contact: South Loop Location 3123269800x
- Entertainment: Both fully stocked mahogany bars offer flat screen TVs which televise
the days sporting events. However, the dining rooms offer a more intimate
setting with classic Italian music and dimly lit tables.
- Special Events: COMING VERY SOON........ New Private Party Room Available to host your next Party!!! Featuring a 70 inch Hi Definition Projection TV Screen that includes an elaborate sound system - Ideal for all conferences / business meetings that require projection or visual viewing! Great for Birthday Celebrations, Graduations, Baptisms, Memorial Luncheons, Business functions as well as any other special event. Please contact us for further details!!!
A word from Café Bionda
Step into the old country of Italy through Café Bionda (“blonde woman” in Italian). Café Bionda offers authentic old world Italian recipes. Every dish is cooked and seasoned to perfection. Bionda features a large selection of liquor, including a signature martini list, and a vast array of both red and white wines. Come in and enjoy amazing food and a fun atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Bionda reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (13)special occasion (13)romantic (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- SoildScottVIPDined on 9/13/2013Good neighborhood Italian - traditional menu, done reasonably well. Nice service and host. Portions are on the larger side. Enjoyed it and would return/recommend..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchNovelty57Dined on 9/12/2013Meet with a group of 10 business associates in all for an introductory and planning lunch. Staff was very courteous setting up the appointment and the hostess was very nice. The food was very good except for the pork chop was a little over cooked. Waiter was good but check was a little slow coming out. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2013A great find in Chicago. Exceptional food, the nana's gravy is unbelievably good!Special Features:
- Another good experienceMelleDined on 8/9/2013Cafe Bionda is a great addition to the south loop neighborhood !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I left here wondering whyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/8/2013I left here wondering why I don't come here more often...very goodSpecial Features:
- It's okaySatisfiedDined on 8/4/2013Nothing bad to say here. The atmosphere was pleasant the staff was friendly but the food great but extraordinary. There's something about paying $25 for a bowl of spaghetti at Italian restaurants that I'm still not okay with. They did have a good wine list. I don't know just nothing special to say it was good food good service good wine, But nothing great.Special Features:
- Good Italian foodJeromeVIPDined on 8/3/2013After all these years, it never fails to deliver good food and good service. I would recommend anyone to make a reservation when you're planning for dinner as it gets packed quite easily.Special Features:
- A great Italian placeLizPowerfulVIPDined on 8/2/2013I went with a friend for dinner on a Friday night. I made reservations but I doubt we would have had to wait long for a table if we hadn't made reservations. I had the rigatoni with vodka sauce and it was fabulous! Shelly was our waitress and treated us wonderfully. Pauly, the manager, came by our table a few times to make sure everything was to our liking. I love it here and cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Nana lives in Chicago- yum!!LuvfoodDined on 7/30/2013I checked open table to see what might be near the Hyatt at McCormick Place, located in the distant south side of town. This sweet,title Italian place was within walking distance so I strolled there. My female waitress was a delight (boomer) and she let me order a side of spaghetti and meatball and arugula salad, both of which rivaled my Italian grandmas cooking!! I I tended to return the following g nite but time didn't allow. Highly recommend. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- fabulous!monaDined on 7/29/2013Took adult children as college send off. Excellent service, delicious food, authentic Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is Little Italy in the South Loop?SlooperGirlDined on 7/27/2013When dining at Cafe Bionda I am never disappointed -- well, unless they try to seat me at a high-boy table in the bar area when I have a reservation. The food is fantastic and their bread with gravy (red sauce for all you non-Italians) is a wonderful way to start a meal. Highlights include, but are certainly not limited to: parmesan/milenese chicken larger than the plate, eggplant rolotinis, wonderful Italian wine selection, stuffed shells, rotating specials... I cannot go on I am getting too hungry. If you have not tried Cafe Bionda definitely make the trip - the parking lot in back and ample street parking makes it worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good We Went Back The Next NightKYRealtorDined on 7/24/2013While only being in Chicago for 3 nights, we chose to spend 2 of them at this restaurant. Food was Wonderful and Plentiful. We shared the portions and had plenty. Please leave room for the deserts as they are great as well. Ask for GUY the server and you won't go wrong. Thank You Open Table for helping us find this one.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/22/2013This was my first time at Cafe Bionda and I was pleasantly surprised. I had the linguine with shrimp and broccoli which was perfectly cooked and seasoned, and the right portion. My other friends had the bacon wrapped scallops which were so delectable and rich! The sauce was amazing! We asked for more bread just so we could eat it with the sauce! We had no time for dessert but will definitely be back. If you're going on a night where there is a Soldier Field event, plan ahead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- city gemcityboyDined on 7/21/2013cafe bionda = big surprise! south loop area - yes, fine dining on 19th and state! ambience is very nice, service was perfect, but the food - it really was outstanding. 5 different entries and everyone raved; not easy to pull off within our group. if you miss your nonnie's or mom's cooking, this place is a must visit. worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and the service weretompVIPDined on 7/12/2013The food and the service were great at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2013Totally excited to come back to this restaruant, unfortunately, it was a terrible experience........ Service and food was awful.
- Cute spot!CnikDined on 7/6/2013I had a very delicious meal accompanied by wonderful service. My only qualm was that there was a woman who had her dogs off their leashes. I don't mind dining in a dog friendly environment. Just keep them leashed so they aren't sniffing around other customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!! Fabulous service,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2013Loved it!!! Fabulous service, cocktails, atmosphere, FOOD and I could go on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2013Pulling up to the restaurant it doesn't look like much but once inside and seated, the service was attentive and the food was wonderful!Special Features:
- fyi. OpenTable, when we arrived,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2013fyi. OpenTable, when we arrived, they did NOT have our reservation. However they seated us anyway.
- One of our Near South SideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2013One of our Near South Side favorites. Menu has all the Italian standards plus several Cafe Bionda specials that are excellent. Service has always been good and the quality of the food is excellent. Recommend Cafe Bionda if your looking for good authentic Italian dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Italian.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2013Homemade Gnocchi Romano tastes like pillows of heaven with crumbled sausage, peas and mushrooms in a vodka cream sauce. I savored every single bite. Start with the grilled calamari. The fresh bread and marinara / parmesan dipping sauce were wonderful. Great service and nice dinner atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually good. this time not.foodie2foodieDined on 5/25/2013Went here after a Sox game in a group 4. The service was sub-par. And the seafood was overcooked--as in rubbery with burnt areas. When the server was told about this he said, " what? You want a new one?" Um...yes! When the new one came it was undercooked-still pink. Usually this place is great! Not that night, unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian restaurantBellakDined on 5/25/2013Such a great restaurant! The specials menu is unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outCindyFDined on 5/25/2013Enjoyed a nice evening with family and friends. Good food and makes a great Rob Roy. Had table ready, no wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always the food was amazingCleoVIPDined on 5/24/2013As always the food was amazing and the food was slow to get to the table. The server was awful, just left us in the corner and didn't come by enough. Not sure what the problem was but I love the place and an off night will never stop me from having a meal at Cafe Bionda.Special Features:
- Really good food and friendlyBabsVIPDined on 5/23/2013Really good food and friendly atmospere. Great place for casual lunch or dinner as well as a business lunch.
- Great againGaryDined on 5/21/2013Took a business associate to dinner at Bionda the other night. As always, great service, great atmosphere and great food. Always a pleasure to eat and enjoy a great time at Bionda's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor managementCSJS60Dined on 5/17/2013There were four significant problems with our dining experience. It started with our reservation. We waited 45 minutes to be seated. While waiting, the bartender was rude when we asked any questions about our drink order. Because of the long wait, we were told a manager would be coming over to our table to talk with us (even though we didn't request a manager). No one ever came over. We were there celebrating a birthday and told our waiter (who, other than this part of the meal, was a very good server and probably the only positive experience from the night). A dessert was brought over but we were charged $10 for it. I can't recall being charged for a birthday dessert.
- special occasionmomsdayDined on 5/12/2013Great food, excellent service. Your cup will never be empty even if you are drinking water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureB4GamesDined on 4/30/2013I brought customers to Cafe Bionda before the last 2 'Hawks games. We had a great meal, wine & service. 2 people in our party ordered the stuffed pork chop special on the advice of our server. They were far from disappointed. Wish we didn't have to leave so fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service,SkypadDined on 4/18/2013Excellent food & service, as always. This was the first time I dined for lunch - but dependable experience every time. The food is always oustanding adn lunch was no exception.Special Features:
- Everyone enjoyed the bananaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Everyone enjoyed the banana pepper appetizer and all the entrees. Large portion sizes for all but the Veal Brocciole, but it was excellent. Wine by the glass much more expensive than expected, so should have just bought a bottle. Chocalate lava cake great! Called a cab for us so no problem getting back downtown. Noise level low and although the TV was on for sports it was not a distraction at all. Would definitely go back.
- food is always great, serverBobbyPVIPDined on 3/22/2013food is always great, server was exceptionally friendly, a place we frequent on numerous occassions with consistent great choices for dinner and specials. Truly relaxing, and if it were not for the cackling ladies enjoying "one too many" at the next table, would have been a delightful meal.
- I read some of the reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013I read some of the reviews before I went but I'm not sure what they're talking about. This was some of the best Italian food I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- They were behind with seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2013They were behind with seating reservations when we got there and we had to wait. The bar was very busy and loud and one annoying customer continued to sing on top of his lungs over and over. We ended up getting sat at a table at the bar which pretty much ruined our experience. Food was great but worst atmosphere ever. Not our first time at Bionda but possibly our last.Special Features:
- Expect long wait and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/15/2013Even though we had a reservation, we waited an hour before being seated. There isn't a waiting area, so you are forced to the bar (seems like on purpose). Don't expect a bartender to give you any advice on wine...it seems that knowledge is reserved for guests. I had three request for my order: gluten free, no cheese, not spicy. First time it had cheese, second time it had the spicy, why bother going back a third time...paid for a dinner I couldn't eat. I won't be going again.
- Our only issue is if you takeopentableVIPDined on 3/15/2013Our only issue is if you take reservations, honor them. We had an 8:00pm reservation and made the mistake of arriving very hungry and waited 45 minutes for a table.Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013First time here but won't be our last!! Excellent food, we were more than satisfied.Special Features:
- Who can argue with a warmAvisVIPDined on 3/11/2013Who can argue with a warm loaf of bread and dish maranara as soon as you're seated? That and a glass of wine made the time spent perusing the fairly substantial menu delightful. Our server couldn't have been more friendly, helpful, or knowledgeable. The food was very good; the desserts (canoli and gelatos) we fantastic.Special Features: