36889 N. Tom Darlington Dr
Carefree, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafebink.com/
- Phone: (480) 488-9796
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily - 3:00pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, French American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: It is our goal to bring the Cafe Bink dining experience to your home.
A word from Cafe Bink
Cafe Bink is the "little sister of Binkley’s Restaurant" where exceptional ingredients are prepared with straightforward simplicity. Many of the classic French food preparation methods are used, but Cafe Bink is a modern American cafe serving the best available local and organic products whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cafe Bink - Best Restaurants in Carefree ›
Cafe Bink reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (16)scenic view (12)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (6)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great casual spot for realSteveVIPDined on 5/27/2012Great casual spot for real fine dining. As good as ever!Special Features:
- Love this place. Been manyRogeritatoVIPDined on 5/23/2012Love this place. Been many times and the service is always prompt and friendly (love Donna!) Menu is a little limited but they change it around seasonally and then throw in a few specials. Very low key place and the patio is a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week menu was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2012Restaurant Week menu was great. The gazpacho was incredible (would love the recipe) ; likewise the tangerine sorbet!Special Features:
- Just o.k.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/19/2012Everything was just o.k. Nothing memorable. Went during 1st night of restaurant week, service was slow, chicken was somewhat dry. Husbands osso bucco was just ok. Too many other good restaurants in the valley to make trip to Cave Creek. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Worst Restaurant Week Experience!!!leflerpetVIPDined on 5/19/2012We would not recommend this place to anyone. It is probably one of the worst restaurant experiences we ever had!! Arrived a few minutes before our reservation time and asked the host, who appeared to be the snarky manager, if we could be seated outside. Instead of the normal "I'm sorry, but all the outside tables are reserved", he abruptly said "NO", took us down to see that he had either a table next to the "kitchen" or in front of a double door.It continued downhill from there. We ordered wine from an extremely poor selection and after 20 minutes the waiter finally came back and they didn't have that wine. French Onion soup was cool, Osso bucco was room temp, bolognese was SALTY, presentations were bad and the service was horrible!!
- The food was more like yousqftDined on 5/12/2012The food was more like you would get at a Spa. Not much taste and skimpy portions. Maybe its what we ordered. We have been there before when the food was much better.Special Features:
- Sometimes the portions are smallsparklenailsDined on 4/28/2012We've been here multiple times for lunch and dinner. So far I've never had a problem with the taste of the food the food has always been great. My only issue is that sometimes BUT NOT ALWAYS the portions might be too small. The four of us started with an antipasto and it was good but tiny then we split salads that were large and good. I thought the portion of the chicken and pork dinners were good but both the seafood dishes were unusually small. The one person that had the shellfish dinner suddenly ate all the bread on the table. I had the cod and my cod (approx 3oz) was really perfect but only came with a smear of puree with that you couldn't really eat because it was really just a smear and the plate was decorated with scant vegetables.Special Features:
- Food good, not great. ItLocalVIPDined on 4/23/2012Food good, not great. It was heavy, considering the heat and time of year. Service attentive. Would go back, but am not in a hurry to do so.Special Features:
- . Food is delicious, waitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2012. Food is delicious, wait staff is fantastic and always have a wonderful and relaxed dining experience. Pulled Mozarella, Warmed Olives and Mussels are among my favorite appetizers saw well as the French Fries which you can have as appetizer or as a side order with your meal. Fish entree's always excellent and ice cream sliders make a gr8 finishing touch!Special Features:
- Always great and consistent. MyScottsdalefoodyDined on 4/21/2012Always great and consistent. My wife noted that; "that was the best Trout dish ever", and the Bouillabaisse was simply superb. Reservations recommended since it is always busy, even mid week.Special Features:
- Made a reservation and thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2012Made a reservation and though running late they were great when we arrived in seating us promptly. Service was good and friendly. However the food was sadly inconsistent, their special fries oversalted, the bread for the sliders dry and the pork osso bucco dry and chewy. That said others in our group thoroughly enjoyed the salads and crispy chicken...overall an OK experience but definitely nothing that warrants a definite drive out from the city up to Cave Creek.
- AWESOME!! Great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2012AWESOME!! Great service, great food, Wine list could be better. Definetly a new favorite.Special Features:
- Unfortuantely, we had a horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2012Unfortuantely, we had a horrible experience. We arrived at 6:30 and the dinner lasted 2 plus hours. The air conditioning was broken and the waitress disappeared on us most of the evening. We will give it another try, but extremely disappointed this time.
- Was worried about the serviceLoloVIPDined on 4/16/2012Was worried about the service after reading some other reviews, but it could not have been better. It was flawless! The food was outstanding as well. We are already talking about when we are going back! A new favorite in the area.Special Features:
- A real bistro in CarefreeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/14/2012Cafe Bink is in the spirit of a true bistro, an informal cafe with topnotch food. In particular, that bistro essential, perfect French fries, is nailed here, to the point where it is a must-order dish. Crisp on the outside, soft and mealy on the inside, with multiple dipping sauces including ketchup with white truffles (oil, I presume), house-made mayo, and, on this visit, another creamy concoction whose details I don't recall, replacing that British staple of malt vinegar from prior visits, which I must assume did not have sufficient appeal. In any case, go for the fries, and order from the rest of the menu with confidence that you are in good hands. On what I think is 4 visits here, I have never been disappointed by any dish. A gem.Special Features:
- Had 7:15 reservations on aOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/6/2012Had 7:15 reservations on a Friday night. Showed up and got sat in a small 2 top by the kitchen. Watch the kitchen go down like the Titanic all night. It took 43 minutes to get our salad course. Service was inattentive. Food was fine, but it shouldn't take 50 minutes to get a loaf of bread. Poorly run restaurant. Will not return.
- Very bad beignetssallyfromanthemVIPDined on 3/25/2012The service was horrible. The waitress totally ignored us. The food was mixed. The entrees were stupendous, but the beignets we had for dessert were tough and dried out - they had been sitting around too long. We have been there often and the service and dessert were an unpleasant surprise this time.
- Very generous portions. BeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/24/2012Very generous portions. Be cautious in ordering appetizers, salad and entree.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!DogulaVIPDined on 3/22/2012Being the sister restaurant of Binkley's, you can't go wrong here. This is high end casual dining at its best.
- Our experice was pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2012Our experice was pleasant sitting on the patio at sunset. It took too long to get our drinks. The wine came as we were finishing our dinner. The waitress was nice but must have had too many tables. The fresh trout was delicious. My husband's bouillabaisse had very little fish in it such that he was still hungry. The dish was mostly broth with a big piece of bread on the side. The chef added more fish at our request, which was the right thing to do. The dish should be taken off the menu. We will go back for a light lunch but never dinner again. We were hosting friends from out of town who know good food and wine. This was not the place to take them. This was about the fourth time we've been there and the first time we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Good Food & Service, OverpricedCutroDined on 3/20/2012We enjoyed the food, good service too. Loved the beet salad, but were extremely disappointed with the cost of the ribs. $24 for a half-rack of ribs was ridiculous (we felt ripped off, thought they were very tasty.Special Features:
- Even the best place can be off gamewedinewellVIPDined on 3/13/2012Cafe Bink is one of my favorite restraurants in the country! Every visit and item we have ordered has been top notch... Until we went this past Tuesday evening. Food was still great, but just slightly off from Chef Binkley's standard of perfection. The pulled mozarella (that I dream of!!!) was more tough than it's usual creamy texture, and the fried chicken was essentially burnt the first time out-and bartender noticed shortly after he set it down at the bar to serve us--and returned, second time was still much "browner" than when we had in past. Service was slower, and not as friendly as usual. We still will come back - as relatively speaking - even Tuesday nite issues did not stop a great dining experience.Special Features:
- exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Everything was wonderful and our waiter Dylan was great. I had my daughter with me and he was great at accommodating her. The food was wonderful. I have already started recommending your place to my friends.Special Features:
- Overrated. Trout flavorless.JawifoDined on 2/26/2012Overrated. Trout flavorless. Beef tips overdone (ordered med rare) and chewy. Portions small, which would be OK if truly gourmet. Bill for 2 (including splitting fries appetizer, no alcohol) = $71 plus tip. Much better food at TK's Urban Tavern, True Foods (both in Scottsdale Quarter) and much less expensive. Will say the fries appetizer with 3 dipping sauces was excellent.
- Cafe Bink is compared to aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Cafe Bink is compared to a classy TGI Fridays. This was not a great place to bring your loved one for Valentines Day. It was a very cramp setting! Tables were to close together, kept bumping the persons elbow next to me. It took almost 20 min before we actually had a server. When we server finally started taking care of us, she was great! She rescued the rest of the night! Food was good, not greatSpecial Features:
- I would love to give thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/11/2012I would love to give this restaurant a big thumbs up; the food was yummy, with the exception of some of the worst baguette ever offered in a restaurant, the ciabatta offered was good, though, but the classic with steak and frites is a crispy, crunch baguette, not a flour laden door stop. Let's just say the service was interesting. It was a training day for the kitchen into which we could see and hear - it it fine to train, but when we are paying over 70$ for lunch for two, trainees must be supervised, food timing checked, servers must look and act more professional. Would I go back? Yes, if I would find myself in that area, but with so many restaurants near me the trip, considering gas prices on top of the food $, I would not make the trip.Special Features:
- I've eaten here many times.AZFoodieVIPDined on 2/4/2012I've eaten here many times. Consistently good food and reasonable prices. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Good, but Somewhat InconsistentlgcccDined on 1/30/2012This place is a bit inconsistent. Sometimes we love it and sometimes we are underwhelmed. This time the entrees were underwhelming and the appetizers were excellent. The place was hopping, so service was a little slow, but good overall. We will go again, as it is close to home, but will stick with the appetizers next time.