36889 N. Tom Darlington Dr
Carefree, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafebink.com/
- Phone: (480) 488-9796
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily - 3:00pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, French American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: It is our goal to bring the Cafe Bink dining experience to your home.
A word from Cafe Bink
Cafe Bink is the "little sister of Binkley’s Restaurant" where exceptional ingredients are prepared with straightforward simplicity. Many of the classic French food preparation methods are used, but Cafe Bink is a modern American cafe serving the best available local and organic products whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cafe Bink - Best Restaurants in Carefree ›
Cafe Bink reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (16)scenic view (12)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (6)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bink is BestSek1Dined on 11/9/2013Casual dining at its best. Great menu, knowledgable staff and friendly service.Special Features:
- Good despite our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013Went to celebrate our anniversary. Didn't know that patio seating required a min 48 hr request. Our table was by kitchen and featured constant wait staff traffic and shouting. Likely the worst table in the restaurant. If we go again we will either request patio or sit at the bar. After we were seated we were "forgotten". Eventually our waitress discovered us, apologize and was very nice. Our food was good. Appetizers were the stuffed chili pepper (very tasty but wish it was a bit bigger) and roastder potatoes. Entrees were salad with salmon and fish and chips. Food portions were nice (not too big), served hot and were tasty. Will try out happy hour to see what bar seating is like before going back to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okcavecreekerVIPDined on 11/1/2013Have eaten here many times. Seems the quality is declining. Meals were just not special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor dining area withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2013Nice outdoor dining area with a great view. Menu somewhat limited but all three of us enjoyed the main courses. We will return.Special Features:
- Equally Good for Lunch as for DinneZumbanistaVIPDined on 10/30/2013We've eaten at Cafe Bink many times, but this was our first lunch experience. Although many of our dinner dishes weren't on the lunch menu, we found some new and delicious meals. 2 do our party of 4 raved about the Chopped Salad, and the Salmon sandwich on Brioche was a big hit as well. We shared a bottle of The Ned Pinot Grigio and started off with Bink's signature cone of Fries with 3 sauces. Expert and comfortable service and great food in this small bistro. Much recommended.Special Features:
- disappointed!localdinerVIPDined on 10/29/2013Thought we would give this local place another try as the previous visits have been disappointing. Well nothing has changed. Menu items are somewhat overpriced with the preparation being no more than adequate. One couple ordered a dessert which they ended up eating no more than a fork full. Explained to the mgr. that it just wasn't up to par. Item was still on the check when we paid. French Fries - one of their specialties - arrived not hot and very limpy - ended up being replaced by a new serving that was fresh. I think this place lives off the reputation of its owner other restaurant - Binkley's - which is high end, gourmet. Overall - not worth going back another time regardless of convenience.Special Features:
- Have been to Cafe Bink numerousnscottsdaledinersDined on 10/25/2013Have been to Cafe Bink numerous times and always had great service and a great meal. Not so much this time. The food quality was mediocre at best and the service was slow and inattentive. Not their usual standard, but gave my wife and I cause for concern. The Charcuterie (we have ordered before) was a much smaller portion size and the quality of the cured meats was lacking. The sloppy joe bun was burned on the bottom and the meat was dry and lacked flavor. The fries (which are normally a hit) seemed like they were stale and lacked their normal crispiness and flavor. My wife ordered the quiche. It was a small portion, but good (not great). While we are not big portion eaters, all of the portions were not adequate. Overall disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingcavecreekerVIPDined on 10/12/2013This was our third trip to Café Bink. The last was several months ago and the food was delicious so we were anxious to return. Wish the experience measured up to our enthusiasm. We ordered the French fries as an appetizer. They were great as always. My husband decided on the trout which was good. I however made the mistake of ordering the beef tips. That dish has to be the worst entrée I've ever eaten in a restaurant. Not only did it look unappetizing, but it was poorly prepared. The dish consisted of 3-4 tough pieces of beef which were literally thrown in a shallow bowl with some unseasoned vegetables. In hindsight, I should have sent it back and asked for a different entrée. I doubt we will be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Cafe Bink- restaurant weekRichardcDined on 9/29/2013Poor showing for restaurant week. The food was disappointing. Bink dropped the ball.
- A wonderful night outBudgetFoodieDined on 9/28/2013Came for restaurant week. I was not disappointed. While it does not have the same "wow" factor as Binkleys, the lower price makes it much more affordable. While still expensive, the overall experience was fantastic. We didn't have a chance to try the famous sloppy joe and truffle fries this time, so we'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, Service excellentPatriotDinerDined on 9/28/2013We did the Arizona Restaurant Week special for $30 PP and the wine pairing for $15 PP. Server was excellent. Very attentive, helpful and fun. He suggested the french fries as an appetizer with 3 dipping sauces and also recommended a nice pinot noir. Both were outstanding. The special was 3 courses with 2 choices in each course. Butternut squash rissotto soup was delicious. Main course of veal scaloppini was fair. Meat and sauce did not have much flavor. Greens were terrible. Potato fingerlings were great. Bink's knows how to do potatoes. Dessert was a Key Lime Pie push-up. Creative and delicious. All 3 wine pairing were disappointing. 1st was too sweet for appetizer. 2nd lacked flavor. 3rd was OK, but very sweet.Special Features:
- The food was sparce, over-spicedmovingonVIPDined on 9/27/2013The food was sparce, over-spiced and drowning in sauce.
- Very relaxed pub atmosphereMadEaterDined on 9/27/2013Very relaxed pub atmosphere with a very lively bar. Many regulars. We enjoyed the "Restaurant Week" prixe fixed menu. The risotto was outstanding along with the eggplant appetizer. The server was very helpful and knowledgeable about the food preparation. I would definitely return for their regular menu and even brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth tryingjmfoodVIPDined on 9/22/2013Not the exceptional experience we were hoping for. Food was OK, and service attentive.
- Good and pleasant servicebenbenDined on 9/13/2013Good and pleasant service (Bill) food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen was slow--waite betweenBrunoVIPDined on 9/8/2013Kitchen was slow--waite between appetizer and entree was long. Fish was tasteless with no sauce and green beans were to oily. To expensive for less than mediocre food. Tried twice and again will not recommend. Last time at this restaurant.
- Off season and 'B' TeamCottonbalerDined on 8/25/2013My first disappointment there at a usually go to recommendation. Two fresh fish dishes were up to their usually high standard. Shrimp was tough! Ribs would have been remarkable but were heavily oversalted. Foi gras slider was black, not tan = overdone. Wine recommendations were of the wise guy, "so you know wine..." variety, followed by poor examples and followed up by a red that was red and wet plonk. Bartender reco was a decent Alsatian but too late for the fois gras with which it was to accompany. Bus boy a young keeper if he is in training.
- YuppieHJK18Dined on 8/24/2013Food and presentation was good but not a place to go if you are hungry. Server was too aggressive.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2013This is small special neighborhood spot, the food is delicious and the menu a little different from just the standard food you find at most restaurants. The servers are friendly and well informed about their food and the wine menu. A most enjoyable place. We keep going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2013Took my fiancé to Cafe Bink for the best meal we've had in a long time! We live in Anthem, which is a vast culinary wasteland. The special desert (creme brûlée eclaire) was amazing! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Bink is fun!TJV2000Dined on 8/6/2013Fun food and a nice casual atmosphere. A definite spot to try if you are in Cavecreek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café Bink's always comes throughOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2013Café Bink's always comes through with an innovative menu, nice ambience, as well as friendly attentive service. Makes for an enjoyable relaxed evening. Don't forget to order the French Fries!!!! In cooler weather, the patio is the place to be.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a very close friendOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2013Went with a very close friend and had a great dinner. It was her first time, and we just had a bunch of appetizers. We had the heirloom tomato special and it was divine. Will always travel to carefree to eat here even though its a long way. Totally worth it. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb !FlipperVIPDined on 6/30/2013One of the best restaurant in the North Scottsdale / Carefree area. Great food,, great service and superb wines !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We came here for Father's Day brunch. It was the first time here and we were very pleasantly surprised! This unassuming little restaurant in a small shopping center, delivers great food with friendly service. We have already talked about a return visit, this time for dinner! We live in the culinary wasteland of Anthem so we were happy to find this great little place so close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Find!MikeDined on 6/15/2013Cafe Bink is most definitely worth the drive to Cave Creek! Food was absolutely stellar...without exception. Amy's Bolognese & cheezy polenta was nothing short of spectacular...best Bolognese I've ever had. Try it...you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our go to restaurantMameVIPDined on 6/6/2013This is one of our go to restaurants. Always good, always consistent. Service is good and friendly. Like this place and for sure will returnSpecial Features:
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/1/2013After going to Binkley's with my wife, I was excited to go to Cafe Bink for a more casual experience with great food. The restaurant was casual. The server, although pretty nice and helpful, had stains on his T shirt and was sweating. We like tapas style, so we ordered appetizers. The fries are amazing and the highlight of the evening, the truffle ketchup is really awesome. It did go down hill from there though. The muscles were ok. The Foie gras sliders, let's just say this would have been amazing if the bread wasn't so hard and unmanageable. I asked for sauce with the calamari, they had to have someone come out to tell me that they dont have a sauce for it and would not make one. The French onion soup was so/so and tasted a bit burnt.
- We've been to Cafe Bink onceDCDinerVIPDined on 5/28/2013We've been to Cafe Bink once or twice a year since it opened. It was very good at the start but the last couple of visits have been weak enough so that it's now off our list for our visits to the area. Poor service on this visit could be excused by the fact that they were short staffed, but the food quality has gone way downhill. Shame, because I really used to look forward to our stops there.
- Hit and MissOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2013We've been to this place a few times and I would say some dishes that shine while others fail to make the grade. As the sister restaurant to reknowned Binkley's, it's kind of hard to overlook these missteps. I appreciate Binkley's is high end dining while Cafe Bink is casual but even low-brow food can be amazing if cooked properly. The hand-pulled mozzarella is always delish as are the fries. My biggest disappointment as of late was the fried chicken. I felt in need of some comfort food and was excited when I saw it on the menu. What a tragedy! It looked promising enough but was totally devoid of any seasoning or spice - even salt and pepper couldn't help its cause. I rarely treat myself to such caloric decadence and this was a total wash.
- High quality ingredients,ArizonanVIPDined on 5/19/2013High quality ingredients, simple preparations, casual atmosphere. The fries are wonderful and I recommend both the trout and the salmon BLT sandwich.Special Features:
- Two down one to goOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2013I've eaten at Binkley's and now Cafe Bink. Only one other Kevin Binkley restaurant to try. Cafe Bink did not disappoint. The service was excellent and even though it was restaurant week we ordered off the menu. They had just roasted a pig on the patio that day and were offering all you can eat fresh pig. I'm not sure why it's all you can eat, I couldn't eat more than one serving--very tasty. My favorite indulgence was the truffle ketchup....OMG, i put it on everything. The restaurant is casual but you get a fine dining experience. Worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time at Cafe BinkTheAubDined on 5/15/2013My girlfriend and I went here for a random date night. Great food, great service, and lovely a lovely outdoor sitting patio. This is great food, pricey, but very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable food in CarefreeCSKMDDined on 5/12/2013Overall pleased with Cafe Bink, foodie quality fair in a strip mall in Carefree. My scallops were sensational. My wife ordered the Sand Dabs. Unfortunately, they were overcook the first time around and almost impossible to cut. Our server replaced them with another plate that was greatly improved and cooked perfectly. The pulled mozzarella appetizer was incredible! The atmosphere is very casual. If delicious food is your goal then try Cafe Bink. I am sure we will be back. By the way, the prices were very fair given the quality of the meal.Special Features:
- SAD PLACEDsrtsky22Dined on 5/12/2013We stopped in on Mother's Day . I don't even want to go into how bad it was. The waitress tried , the manager apologized and in fairness did not charge us. The cooks either don't have the training or tools to succeed or they just don't care. Either way the have no business being in a kitchen . Maybe they'll fix the place. Stay away for now
- Mothers Day BrunchDaveTDined on 5/12/2013Seated promptly at booked time. Took a while for our server to show up, but after our initial wait service was great. The calamari was the best ever. Onion soup was excellent but almost overpowering. Arugula salad was fantastic, as was the steak frites. Compact selection of very nice wines at reasonable prices. Mother was delighted. Will go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The eggs benefict was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/12/2013The eggs benefict was delicious but the server was not very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- While no one was in the restaurantBrunoVIPDined on 5/12/2013While no one was in the restaurant we were seated by the bussing station--bad seating. The brunch selection was sparse with the egg dish and croq madam were of very poor quality.
- Service issuesLovejacksonVIPDined on 5/10/2013For a usually dependable restaurant, during our meal last Friday we had terrible service. No one checked on us ever. We had to ask to get drinks, to order, to refresh drinks and to pay. It was hard to even wave someone down. Very embarrassing as we had guests with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not goodTrynewrestaurantDined on 5/7/2013The quiche was anything but a quiche. It was eggs and it was very small. Very disappointing, wont go back.Special Features: