36889 N. Tom Darlington Dr
Carefree, AZ 85377Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cafebink.com/
- Phone: (480) 488-9796
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily - 3:00pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, French American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: It is our goal to bring the Cafe Bink dining experience to your home.
A word from Cafe Bink
Cafe Bink is the "little sister of Binkley’s Restaurant" where exceptional ingredients are prepared with straightforward simplicity. Many of the classic French food preparation methods are used, but Cafe Bink is a modern American cafe serving the best available local and organic products whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cafe Bink - Best Restaurants in Carefree ›
Cafe Bink reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (16)scenic view (12)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (6)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic food and waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014We dine at Cafe Bink often and have been fortunate to get to know waitstaff personnel - Debra is THE BEST! She always makes our dining experience enjoyable. Menu has changed slightly, but our favorites, trout and fried chicken, and sloppy joe all remain. Salads are fresh and tasty,, and the french fries are a must!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Enjoyed Eatser brunch very much. The best eggs benedict we have eaten! Frank, our waitperson, was terrific and added to the positive experience.Special Features:
- Visiting from ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014If weather permits, ask to be seated outside. Lovely. Indoor seating small and in-inspired. Waitstaff very helpful. Good wine selection. Excellent vegetarian options. Great deserts.Special Features:
- DisappointingfoodgirlDined on 4/18/2014I had the "special vegetable" option-a kale salad. For the price, it was very pedestrian. Kale, a few sliced snow peas, and about 4 sliced strawberries. Not special. My companions ordered salads without red onions, but received salads with the onions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/17/2014This restaurant does not deserve to be on Open Table. The ambiance was awful, the food tasteless, presentation very poor and overall not a good experience. Would have had a better meal at McDonalds.
- PerfectDickDined on 4/15/2014We have enjoyed many meals at Bink and have always had a terrific experience. We brought a couple that had never been to Bink and they indicated that this could easily be their favorite restaurant. In fact they plan to bring their daughter there for Easter. Great job bynall the staff.Special Features:
- hot Soup, cold serviceFrancesDined on 4/14/2014Waitress was new. Brought our scalding hot soup and main course at the same time Apologized but did not offer to do anything. They were two large plates which hardly fit on the table. I had to be a contortionist to have my soup because the bowl was scalding. By the time I got to my salmon which was served with the soup it was cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing short of amazingAtkinson89Dined on 4/11/2014We went for my birthday and it was extraordinary. The food was outstanding, service impeccable, and the views to die for. What more could you ask for a birthday dinner?Special Features:
- Not a favoriteTriedagainVIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was just ok. Other than the fries is was comparable to a fast food chain. I should have read more reviews....the service was absolutely HORRIBLE.
- Another excellent meal at Cafe BinkCactusGirlyDined on 4/5/2014This was our second time here and it did not disappoint. Of course we ordered the fries to start, cant beat them. The muscles were good, the calamari was good, but the standout dish was the Bolognese. OMG. Just order it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week dinnerGirlfriendsDined on 4/1/2014Have been to this restaurant several times and enjoy their unique cuisine. Has an ok wine list, but was disappointed to learn that they were out of the only cabernet that they sell by the glass. Our meals were delicious as usual. Could use an update to their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nite OutcavecreekerDined on 3/30/2014Another very pleasurable dining experience at Cafe Bink. The food and service is always excellent. Loved the Bolognese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014We had a wonderful brunch for my birthday. Loved the green chili with eggs and although it was quite filling I couldn't resist ordering dessert, since it was a celebration. I had the profiteroles served with a candle and DH had the pumpkin doughnuts & cream. Both were outstanding. The cafe is pretty far from home but worth the trip. Can't wait to go back and try the salmon or pulled pork.Special Features:
- What happened?mikeonmercerDined on 3/29/2014Service was very slow. Food was served cold and had to be sent back. Wine on wine list was misrepresented as better label (served Decoy, not Duckhorn). Coffee was served in searing hot cups that could not be touched. Wait staff blamed the kitchen. Manager didn't even offer a sincere apology.
- Delicious!TallgirlDined on 3/12/2014Four of us had dinner. We all ordered different items from the menu. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, except the person who had the sloppy joe dinner. It just didn't live up to the diners expectation. The sandwich was slightly dry and the meat was also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodGoodeatsDined on 3/12/2014We have never been disappointed! Great seating on the outdoor patio next to the fireplace.Special Features:
- SusieSusieDined on 3/7/2014Very busy Friday night so service was slow. But food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- close 2 homego2cafesDined on 3/6/2014my husband and I love binks and eat there often. it has sophisticated atmosphere and food, but is informal and close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/4/2014Mushroom soup is the best ever. Foie gras slider, calamari,salmon, everything we had was outstanding. Debra is a most amiable server. Our only criticism is that the tables indoors are too close together; one could almost take a bite from a neighboring table.Special Features:
- !st time there...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014...and we were very happy to have been there! Food was excellent and they adapted to our food allergies very easily! We will return when ever we visit Carefree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café Bink is always a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/16/2014Café Bink is always a good choice for lunch or dinner. Delicious food (especially the fries), great wait staff all for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLTScottsdaleDined on 2/15/2014Always look forward to dining there! Mushroom soup and Amy's Bolognese have incredible flavors! I have not been disappointed by anything I have tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly quiet on the patioMGalDined on 2/13/2014The food and service were fantastic. We had a table outside with great views of the mountains. It was surprisingly quiet given the proximity to the road and we were able to comfortably carry on conversation without traffic noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go!LucyDined on 1/24/2014Eclectic menu. Great fries. Fish fresh. Fancy items and good old family food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant findJohnDined on 1/23/2014We had read about the various Binkley restaurants decided to try Cafe Bink (we like the Cave Creek area). We had an excellent meal with great service and nice views. It is not inexpensive but worth the trip for those of us who live down in Scottsdale. We definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful time a CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2014Had a wonderful time a Cafe Bink! Great food and wonderful ambience of a beautiful fireplace and a view of Black Mountain. The food was great and we had some wonderful wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant and I likeOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/10/2014Great restaurant and I like the fact they never rush you. We've been there numerous times, mostly for lunch, and enjoy it everytime. Great French fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. The foodHusker1Dined on 1/10/2014Love this place. The food is awesome and unique. The fries are awesome - especially the truffle oil ketchup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter made bad impressionnot4meDined on 1/10/2014Waiter made bad impression right away. Wine pricey. Limited selection. Had fish & chips. Fish did not have much taste fries were fine. Busboy was the best experience and was very helpful.
- Oh, waiterneepVIPDined on 1/7/2014The primary waiter was way too loud. His conversation with people two tables away would force us to stop talking until he finished. He also came by way too often to interrupt with "Everything good here?", again in a loud, obtrusive voice. Jenny Bell at lunch does things right, in the background. This guy at dinner apparently wants to be the center of attention. The baby back rib dish needs something else on the plate, besides over-roasted, crusty corn bread. A small helping of something green would help, the way the green beans helped the trout dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quicken ServiceKitztravelerVIPDined on 1/2/2014We've dined at Café Bink several times over the last couple of years as it's very convenient to our home in North Scottsdale. Although the food is good, it's not remarkable, and the service was pleasant, although amazingly slow - even by AZ standards (which tends to be relaxed). We needed to ask for almost everything. As there's so many excellent places in the area, it's unlikely we'd return in the near future.
- Wonderful Year End DinnerWillymyVIPDined on 12/31/2013We went to Cafe Bink for a late New Year's Eve dinner and we're not disappointed. The dining room was full but we were seated right away. Our wait staff were very attentive given the large crowd. The dinner was excellent. Best mushroom soup we have had in years. Overall, an enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013This is a great neghborhood dining spot. Friendly bartender and waitress. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cave Creek FavoriteAZFoodieVIPDined on 12/23/2013Love the food (Amy's Bolognese), love the staff (Donna) and love the casual vibe. Never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love coming here. LoveMameVIPDined on 12/19/2013We love coming here. Love the food and environment here. Nice and cozy. Will return for sure, again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Carefree hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013A very nice restaurant in Carefree. Menu changes often so always new. Service was very good. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We often dine here and areOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/30/2013We often dine here and are always pleased with the interesting dishes and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatmandaDined on 11/23/2013Took a group here last weekend and we were not impressed. The sloppy joes were not even hot and the food was only OK at best. I think next time we are in the area we would go somewhere else, maybe Tonto.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/22/2013This restaurant has signficantly changed and not in th right direction. The french fries, which has been their signature were so salty and overly done. The sauces still wonderful. Our food came out cold, we mentioned it, after we ate our butternut squash soup, but the main courses were no better. The trout which was also a signature dish was bland and the mixed green salad had no chevre or figs as advertised. They must have a new chef. I use to take guests here, when they came to town. No more.
- Highly recommend this restaurant.JJP2VIPDined on 11/16/2013Highly recommend this restaurant. If you like binkley's, you will like cafe binkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.