700 1st Ave
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seattleslittleitaly.com/cafe_bengodi.htm
- Phone: 2063910957
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Bengodi
If you desire a light, spontaneous meal, pop in at Cafè Bengodi, where you'll find a score of pastas to choose from, plus a wide selection of sandwiches, risottos and pizzas. Like all of Luigi's eateries, Café Bengodi serves only traditional Italian fare, and you won't leave hungry. Accompany your meal with a fine espresso, wine or beer. Al Fresco dining makes this a delightful place for good friends and great food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Bengodi reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- odd place. good foodangelaVIPDined on 8/7/2014The place is a hole in the wall. We sat outside at the picnic tables. It was fun to be able to see people strolling up and down the streets but we were near a dumpster smell. Not sure if it was from the sewer or next door storage area. The food was good but if you try and change anything please be aware that the waiter is VERY nice and accommodating but the kitchen didn't listen. My friend had an item she is allergic to put on the plate despite a request for it not to be includedSpecial Features:
- HomebrewDined on 5/30/2014We ate at a solitary table outside the front door, as Mariner's fans walked by on the way to the game. It was a warm spring evening and enjoyable to people watch and to interact with people as they walked by. The experience was enhanced greatly by the food. While it was all good, the Chicken Parm over broccoli and zucchini was heavenly, the breading crisp and flavorful, the chicken was tender and there was just the right amount of buttery goodness on the vegetables. The Tiramisu was nice but nothing spectacular. Overall a really pleasant evening, and we would recommend. We would have perhaps liked a wine list to pick from, because while our bottle of red was good, it was not $28 good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Loved the Pioneer Square location, sat outside so we could really take it in. The server was friendly and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation Not AcknowledgedBiggetteDined on 5/17/2014OpenTable reservation was not made. The staff said you can book through OpenTable at their other restaurant. I think OpenTable should have a chat with Cafe Bengodi or just take them off the list. No point booking a reservation that ends up not existing. Restaurant itself is good...a bit of a dive, and probably could win an award for the tiniest, run-down bathroom ever, but that adds to the atmosphere. The food is excellent :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's great about Pioneer SquareluvSeattleDined on 5/9/2014I loved this little "whole in the wall" restaurant. It is not pretentious nor trendy; it's not even pretty - it is what I would call quaint. But, it just serves really great food for a really great price. It is small and cramped but the food makes up for it. Best Carbonara dish I have ever had. They could have a better wine (spirits) selection but with the limitations of space, I can understand why the wine selection is so limited.Special Features:
- The following 13 reviews are from the Cafe Bengodi reviews archive.
- tablereadyDined on 4/30/2014I've driven by Cafe Bengodi many times and was finally inclined to dine there with friends for dinner. What a lovely surprise! It is a very sweet cozy space in the heart of Pioneer Square. The waiter was awesome and their food was great...oh, and their top shelf wine by the bottle was a superb Tuscan wine, which was a perfect match with dinner! Both the food and the wine were very reasonably priced! We all agreed that we will definitely be back to Cafe Bengodi's and will share our experience with our friends.Special Features:
- A jewel in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Some of the best Italian food I've had. Being from out of town, I was fortunate to have found Café. Will go again the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- literally my new favorite italiantoddscDined on 2/16/2014I'm probably not the best judge of any entertainment or food, but I sincerely lived the food here. I think it's probably the best Italian food I've ever had. Don't be put off by the duvet appearance, it was awesome.Special Features:
- PizzaMissMeDined on 1/8/2014Cafe Bengodi makes an excellent pizza! Don't be fooled by its ancient exterior. The food is really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Grunge Dining in Pioneer SqrMartyVIPDined on 11/7/2013A little scary looking like most folks in the neighborhood for this californian, but the food was way above average, better pasta than this local from San Francisco bay. Plastic seats, super limited wine list, BUT, the food was legit Italian gourmet, pasta sublime, meatballs right on target, sauces were totally Italian from Italy--in contrast to the freaky looking outdoors and cheap plastic seats. For Pioneer Square---definitely go--and ask for the waiter's help--as he was hugely helpful in guiding us through best sellers and what they did best.Special Features:
- A cafe, with amazing Italian food.DonrobDined on 10/18/2013An Italian cafe, not your basic neighborhood Italian restaurant with a basic pizza, spaghetti and lasagna menu, but a very casual cafe, where the waiters might wear cargo shorts, as will I. The food, and value are high-end exceptional however. We have been there several times and enjoyed items such as lamb and eggplant ragu over polenta, a mushroom rissota with chicken, and one of the best carbonaras I've ever had. These things and many others, all at very low prices, populate a menu that does include several more standard Italian items, all prepared with special touches of their own. House wine served water glasses has always been very good. We live in Issaquah and drive in often to eat here. Great food at GREAT prices.Special Features:
- They didn't knowCluelessDined on 10/12/2013When we showed up they didn't know anything about an online reservation site called open table. So we ended up just standing in their awkward little entry way until a table was ready. This restaurant doesn't even take reservations. It was like going to eat at a neighbors house. But the food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pioneer square delishNewbiedinerDined on 8/29/2013Simple, small but the food was terrific. Flavorful but not over powering. Enjoyed bringing home what we couldn't eat at dinner. Fun mix of ingredients. Closest to real Italian cooking I've ever been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe BenGodiFGRanlettDined on 6/16/2013I love this place. Friendly service and wonderful fresh Italian food. The bruschetta is a must. Also the risotto. We have been here before and will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate outside on a week nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2013We ate outside on a week night that was in the 75-80 range, shocking for Seattle!! The service was fantastic, the guys that all waited on us were helpful with suggestions but didn't hover. The garlic bread (not on the menu, just ask about some) was outa this world!! Spaghetti with huge well seasoned meatballs and the pizzas are really unique too. The pasta dishes, mine was with pancetta, asparagus, mushrooms and a wonderful cream sauce was a nice treat with really fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Alfredo I've ever had!AnnaDined on 6/7/2013We went there on a Friday night for dinner, sat outside... this place is small but very charming. Sitting outside we saw part of the ghost tour walk by, and various people... you sit kind of close to the next table, but we enjoyed talking to the older couple next to us. Their Alfredo was one of the best I think I've ever had! I'd eat here again any day!Special Features:
- Monotone MealPastaPeopleDined on 1/19/2013We purchased the four course meal for our dining experience. While the risotto was very tasty, our third course was not what the menu described. When we mentioned this to our waiter, he did nothing and neither did the host. We were disappointed that the service wasn't better and that the food had a very monotone taste. They used a lot of mushrooms in every dish.
- More of a small cafe thanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2012More of a small cafe than anything else. Six small two-toppers and three booths. Not much ambiance if you are looking for an elegant dining experience, but the food more than makes up for it. Pastas like you would expect in Italy: light, fresh, delicious. We had the Basilico and Carbonara, and would definitely get them again. The salad and portobella balsamic starter we had were also generous and delicious. You don't need to order a lot to get full and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features: