5948 Snider Road
Mason, OH 45040Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebellamason.com/
- Phone: 513-770-4141
- Hours of Operation:
Tues - Sat: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Tues - Thurs: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Fri & Sat: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
CLOSED ON SUNDAY & MONDAY
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Eritrean, Italian
- Executive Chef: Bella Andemicael
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Café Bella has expanded to offer you a beautiful private dining room to host your next event. With seating up to 65, we can accommodate a range of corporate, personal and special events.
- Luncheons -
- Business Meetings -
- Birthdays -
- Showers -
- Retirement Parties -
- Holiday Events -
- Private Party Contact: Bella Andemical 5137704141
- Entertainment: Happy Hour at the Bar.
Join us Tuesday-Friday from 5pm-7pm for $1.00 off drinks & selected 1/2 priced appetizers.
*Happy hour pricing only valid at bar and not valid with any other coupons or promotional offers
A word from Cafe Bella
Our cooking is inspired by the cuisine and traditions of Italy and driven by a commitment to flavor and freshness. We believe that simple, direct recipes using top quality ingredients make for food that is tasty and healthfully nutritious. We are family owned and operated!Continued
WE ARE LOCATED ON THE CORNER OF TYLERSVILLE ROAD & SNIDER ROAD.
FIND US ON Google Maps !!!
WE ARE LOCATED ON THE CORNER OF TYLERSVILLE ROAD & SNIDER ROAD.
FIND US ON Google Maps !!!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Bella reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best neighborhood cafecincidinerDined on 2/28/2014We love Cafe Bella. They have great food and a great staff to make you feel so welcome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Friendly PlaceFoodieForeverVIPDined on 2/22/2014Amid a a sea of chain restaurants, it is so nice to have a local gem that has a friendly vibe and excellent food. The owner is always on site and has such a caring demeanor and her staff is attentive. The food is always fresh and well prepared. We're regulars and every time we to we vow to go more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than OK but not greatJimKDined on 2/19/2014The food and service were very good but the ambience is not so good. I think the cost was on the high side but not too bad. Although we were there for dinner, I think it would be better for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitChasBDined on 2/18/2014House and Greek salad were very blan with little to no ingredients beyond lettuce and a little dressing. Mussles with sweet chilli sauce were just that very sweet. Seemed a little pricey for what we got. May find other menu items to be better if we come back.Special Features:
- under staffMKLANDDined on 2/14/2014February 14th was on Friday and restaurant was under staff with only 2 waiter/waitress. The service was very very slow and our waitress was very very rude.Special Features:
- Props to the chefDatenightDined on 2/13/2014The food was delicious and portions were just the right size. My wife and I split an appetizer, and each had salad and entree. Nice ambiance once you get inside. Food is more pricey than chain restaurants but it shows in quality. Thanks for a great dinner date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!RoseDined on 1/31/2014Everything at this restaurant is wonderful!!! The atmosphere is cozy, yet family friendly. We have been going here for years now and always recommend it to others. The food is fresh and consistently AMAZING!!! Cafe Bella is also a great choice for people with food allergies. We have tree nut and peanut allergies in our family and Bella has made us and the kids comfortable knowing how she handles the food (FYI - pesto is not made with nuts!). Bella is a wonderful owner/chef, making you feel at home from the moment you walk in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fabulous service!ballingerjlDined on 1/23/2014I organize the Mom's Night Out for a local mom's group (Mothers & More), and we spent Thursday night with Cafe Bella. There were 21 of us, and we all left super satisfied and happy. We sat in their private dining area, and enjoyed cocktails, food, desserts, and a very helpful waitstaff. Even with the large crowd our food came quickly, and was hot and delicious. I ordered the spicy shrimp penne, and it was delicious. Our reservation was for 7:30, not realizing that they closed at 9, and they were super understanding when we ended up staying until past 9:30. We loved it there, and will happily go again!Special Features:
- Very impressed!OutoftownerDined on 12/31/2013We came from out of town to spend NYE away. I found Cafe Bella's website online. I wanted to plan a romantic dinner for my boyfriend and Cafe Bella helped achieve that! The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the employees were very kind and attentive. The food was out of this world! We had the hummus for an appetizer and my boyfriend had never tried it. It is now a favorite of his. Also, the lemon basil salad dressing is to die for! For the main course we both had the tortellini. The nutmeg in the dish gave it a positive twist. There is a pretty good wine list even though I was hoping to see a Zinfandel on the list. All in all we both agreed we will definitely plan a trip back to Mason so we can dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GreatChuckDined on 12/31/2013Salmon was well done and tasted like cat food. Took forever with the bread. Soup pretty good. Lobster Ravioli, not too good. If you want good Italian food go somewhere else.
- bella gemartbabeDined on 12/31/2013we just really had a great time and very good food. Felt like we were part of Bella's familySpecial Features:
- Lunchosurfc8Dined on 12/20/2013My pasta penne mushrooms shrimp was very good. My companions has penne chicken and it was fair.
- Don't do it.TravelingCoachDined on 12/13/2013Big disappointment. This was our first and last visit. The server was not attentive- in either frequency of visits nor listening to food order. The food was a disappointment (Shrimp was pre cooked and tough). For and "Italian" restaurant at this price point, I expected more. This restaurant is a half step above a wing joint in every way except the prices.
- over pricedBuckeyeDined on 11/27/2013Service was really good; however, the food quality did not match the price. Not much ambiance. More of a bar/pub atmosphere.
- We love BellaMike4MargDined on 11/19/2013We have been going to Café Bella since it opened about six years ago and have introduced many friends to this lovely family owned gem. Bella often comes out and chats with us. She works hard for the perfection that she serves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood gemcgeraciDined on 11/6/2013We always have wonderful food and great service at Bellas. We came in for a quick meal before heading to a show on a Wednesday evening. The place was empty at 5pm(just a little early) but Bella and Christine greeted with huge smiles and warm hellos. It was my neighbors 1st time there and she loved it!!! We all had bruchetta and differnt salads. The lemon drop cocktail was one of the best! Don't go to chains!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go to your local restaurants owned and operated by your neighbors!!! Will always be backSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood upscaledizcvgDined on 10/26/2013A fine place for a small group of friends. Went to dinner with a group of friends; the staff was very patient and helpful answering our questions and meeting the diverse needs of our group. Our server was attentive to our needs making sure our drinks were filled. The bread was hot with a great crust and refilled. The different foods were flavorful, filling and fresh. A good place to meet for a quiet dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner out on a Friday NightsinglefoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2013Cafe Bella The food was very good, served hot and delicious. Our waiter was charming and funning, made the dinner more enjoyable. Would recommend for a quiet dinner where conversation will be easy.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicewklepDined on 9/4/2013Appetizers and entrees were delicious. Attentive service, but not overbearing. Great place for a business dinner or a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella very goodLarsXMDined on 8/22/2013First time there with a friend and both thought food and service was excellent..Thursday is 1/2 price bottle of wine night so we had wine..it was a little slow night we went but I think our waiter Matt would of been able to handle larger crowd. He was very personable and made everything perfect even though the ambiance could use a more fair..prices are very reasonable. This is a neighborhood gem and I will be back. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a nice little ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2013It was a nice little Italian place. Very small on the inside, but the food was very good and priced reasonably for what we purchased-dinner for two and one appetizer. We're water drinkers and our check was a little over $50. We'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good - good value,yumsterDined on 6/26/2013Always good - good value, good food, good service, easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2013Highly recommend for a delicious healthy lunch reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2013What a fun way to end a year of school than to go to lunch and celebrate with a good friend...and Cafe Bella was the place to go! The turkey burger was delish and cooked perfectly! A nice place to celebrate a busy year. I will continue to lunch at Bella, even through the summer! Bella and the staff are always friendly and kind. Thanks for a great afternoon!Special Features:
- My First Experience at Cafe Bella1chemistDined on 5/25/2013I ordered the special on May 25, which happened to be Spaghetti with five meat balls. This entre looked unappetizing because it appeared to be dry, dry, dry on the outside. The cheese on top was good. This was my first experience at any restaurant in which spaghetti with sauce appeared to be so dry on the outside. Because the spaghetti entre was so DRY, I will never go back. My wife liked her pollo entre very much. Never once did the waitress or any other employee ask us how our food was. Why not?Special Features:
- Outstanding local restaurantAlcornsDined on 5/18/2013My wife and I consider this our number one restaurant. The owner, Bella, makes you feel like family! The servers are friendly and knowledgable. All of the menu items are excellent. My wife and I enjoy starting at the top of the menu and working our way through. However, sometimes we we deviate from that to enjoy one of their specialties. Be sure to check out Bella's special menu item. It does require 8 people to sign up. It takes her two days to prepare it. However, the experience is worth the wait!!! I hope you come to enjoy this hidden gem as much as my wife and I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food- Slow serviceDick1122Dined on 5/11/2013We waited an hour for service of our salads and another hour for the main dishes. The waiter said they were short a cook. No member of management came around to explain or apologize. The dinners, when they finally came, looked like TV dinners that were plated casually. The portions were small and the display was drab. We had heard that Bella was always there to supervise, but she was MIA last Saturday.
- Perfect for a quiet mealFantasticDined on 5/10/2013My husband and I went to Cafe Bella for my birthday dinner. We found a coupon in an entertainment book for $10 off $40 or more (not including alcohol). We ended up only spending $30 so we weren't going to use the coupon, but our waiter said he could give us $6 off if we still wanted to use it. We decided to go ahead and use it and then he surprised me with a free piece of birthday cake! That was so generous and not at all expected. The atmosphere was great, the food delicious, and the server was very attentive but did not hover. We did not feel like we had to leave as soon as we were done eating and we are likely to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe' Bella is Bella!FOODIECHER1VIPDined on 5/7/2013Our Out to Lunch group had a great amount of laughter here! The food was very good. Our server; Paul, was very fun and attentive. We even had the pleasure of meeting Bella the owner. What a great lady! This place is a comfortable, friendly place. We most certainly will return! Cher Deckner, Cincinnati, Oh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2013My famiy recently relocated to Mason and we were looking for great local spots to eat out. My wife and i both enjoy eating out and decided to give Cafe Bella a look. I knew we were in trouble when the hostess was also our waitress. It was a friday and the restaurant was pretty full. There was only one server and one bartender for the whole restaurant doing all the hostess, busser, bartender, server duties. Needless to say the service was slow despite their best efforts. It took almost an hour to get our appetizer, a simple anitpasto dish. My entree, highly reccomended by the server was dry and below average. My wife's entree was mediocre. Our server went to service a large party and forgot about us. wont be back.
- This restaurant has good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2013This restaurant has good food but it took a very long time to get our food and most of our orders were salads or pasta dishes. They were offering half price bottles of wine and the first two bottles we chose they didn't have in stock. The wine list is not big to begin with. The menus were sticky and could use updating. It also felt like as the evening went on they turned the AC off and became very stuffy. I feel the restaurant has good potential but if you run out of something then go to store and buy it! Don't make due. For example instead of regular size straws having customers drink out out of the tiny red bar straws. Annoying!
- Great food..especially soupssusieDined on 4/13/2013Great food..especially soups and pasta. Only 2 choices for dessert so we ended up going to graeters.Special Features:
- Better than any chain!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013We have been to Cafe Bella many times and it is much better than any chain restaurant. We started with the brushetta which was overflowing with deliciousness! I had the lobster ravioli special. The delicate lobster filling paired very well with the creamy sauce. My 16 year old son had to "take a break" from eating his meatball and linguine special ~ good portion size! My husband enjoyed the scallops. They were cooked perfectly and the blackberry reduction gave them tons of flavor! Bella, as always, was friendly and outgoing. Her staff is a reflection of herself...kind and knowledgeable. I will go back again and again because I know I will always get a great meal.Special Features:
- WineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013I ordered the house Cabernet.....would not be my choice again.Special Features:
- Personal attention given.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/10/2013Personal attention given. All requests accomodated - splitting 2 meals for sampling. The African Violet specialty drink was outstanding and refreshing. Offered a couple of suggestions directly to Bella who was charming and most responsive. A very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- I really like this place andChristineDined on 4/10/2013I really like this place and the food is very good. The service was quite slow though and we were there over our lunch hour which presented a problem. I would go back though.Special Features:
- It's a small restaurant -OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013It's a small restaurant - probably doesn't seat more than 40, but Bella produces beautifully prepared food and it's matched by being delicious. Each of the 6 in our group were very pleased with their selections. For me, the pork loin was amazing! There was a small glitch in that my individual salad had no dressing on it (others' were fine)so it took the waiter several minutes (close to 10) to come back with a balsamic, because Bella's house dressing wasn't ready (a fresh batch). It thought that was a little too long for that to get resolved. BUT - everything else was great!Special Features:
- Our favorite Mason restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Our favorite Mason restaurant! When you go, don't miss the hummus or bruschetta for appetizers, and I really enjoyed my tilapia and risotto as a main course. Everyone in my party also raved about the scallops. The owner, Bella, is delightful, and often comes out of the kitchen to talk with her customers, and she seems to hire staff members who are equally personable and eager to wait on customers.Special Features:
- they were slammed with a largelunchiesDined on 3/9/2013they were slammed with a large event, could be different if went another time. i was a first time visitorSpecial Features:
- An excellent place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013An excellent place to eat! Food is delicious and well prepared. The staff are very nice and extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend it if someone is looking for a nice place to eat that has a wounderful touch of charm on top of a wonderful menu.Special Features: