Cafe Beau Soleil
953 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Beau Soleil
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafebeausoleil.net/
- Phone: 9496404402
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 10:00 AM-9:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday 9:00 AM-9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, French, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Armondo Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer custom Prix Fix menus and other ammenities, please contact us by email to begin planning your event at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Pascal Gimenez (GM) / Bethany Terry (MGR) (949)640-4402
- Entertainment: Acoustic playing for special events. Sultry music played by special event DJ's.
A word from Cafe Beau Soleil
Innovative Cafe Restaurant and Creperie that builds a bridge between tradition and contemporary cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Beau Soleil reviews from OpenTable diners
- Parisian Ambience at Fashion IslandMJfromYCDined on 11/23/2012This charming bistro reminded my husband and me of our favorite places in Paris where the owner came to the table and described the preparation of his specials with detail and passion for his creations. We found it to be authentic, friendly with a detailed eye to food preparation and choices to please the discriminating diner! A real find!Special Features:
- Cute parisian sidewalk cafeDiscerningDinerVIPDined on 11/23/2012Cute parisian sidewalk cafe style. Very enjoyable. went for lunch, good service, very nice french waiter who was very attentive. we will be back.Special Features:
- We went there for a SundayAaronVIPDined on 11/4/2012We went there for a Sunday morning breakfast. We had our regular server David, who was wonderful and attentive.Special Features:
- Great place for a quick visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2012Space a little tight, but noise level is very low. Nice "cafe" style restaurant. Good menu with lots of things that look great. Plenty of legitimate dishes. Will definitely revisit to try other things. If you are not sure what you want to eat and don't want to spend too much time eating or making it too formal, this is definitely a place to try. Price is moderately high overall, but very fair by Newport Beach standards.Special Features:
- Besides the great food, IOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012Besides the great food, I appreciate that the cafe is dog friendly.Special Features:
- Mediocre food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2012The service was slow and lacking in attention. We didn't hear about the specials until over-hearing it mentioned while being delivered to another table (after we had already ordered). The chicken in the tagine was overcooked and dry. The filet was cooked perfectly, but the green beans were mushy. Dessert took 15 minutes to get to us. No "happy birthday", although I put it on the special request section of my reservation. We asked for a coffee refill twice and never received it. Finally, after waiting 10 minutes for the check, someone came by and said "would you like some more coffee?"
- Cafe Beau Soleil is a charming,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Cafe Beau Soleil is a charming, quaint little restaurant at Fashion Island. We had reservations through OpenTable and arrived about 20 minutes early and they already had our table ready. Food was good, waiter was great and overall, a nice date night for my husband and I. Would definitely recommend. The only thing that annoyed me was listening to all the cheesy teeny-bop music that the mall had playing, but that's what you get I suppose when you eat outdoors in a mall.Special Features:
- So DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012It was our second time there and it was as good as the first time. This time we took the specials and it was so good. The price are very inexpensive if you compare with restaurants around Fashion Island. The manager Pascal stopped by to say Hi and see if everything was good. I thought it was good touch... The service was perfect the staff was very attentive. We already told to our friends about this place. We will be back very soon.Special Features:
- Great food and service!!TigreVIPDined on 10/4/2012Great food and service!! And patio is very dog friendly. love it!Special Features:
- Most relaxing dinnerHappyOpenTableDinnerDined on 9/30/2012If you got time for a very leisure & relaxing lunch or dinner, with good food, resonable price and friendly service in Fashion Island, no wait staff rushing around, this is the place!Special Features:
- Loved this place and so inexpensiveGreatDateSpotVIPDined on 9/19/2012Loved this place and so inexpensive!! Started with cheese then had diver sole. Hubby had shrimp risotto. Everything was great! Waiter recommended a wonderful wine. He was attentive and friendly. Can't wait to go back! Have already recommended to 5 or 6 peopleSpecial Features:
- Best CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012We had a great time. Their prix fixe was awesome. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Mediocre foodwesmaryVIPDined on 8/27/2012Food was disappointing. Scallops had. A bread crumb mixture that was unappealing and the salmon was bland.
- Food was delicious and worthOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2012Food was delicious and worth it..i recommended this place with a friend.Special Features:
- disaster........OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2012worst food ever,,service none,,nothin french about this restuarant!!!!!disaster,.,,,,.
- Always a nice relaxing dinner,KarenVIPDined on 8/13/2012Always a nice relaxing dinner, great service and fun atmosphere!
- Never been to France, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Never been to France, but this is how I'd imagine a Parisian cafe!
- Don't be misles by its name.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/22/2012Don't be misles by its name. the restaurant does not serve authentic French Food. The quality of food was average at best.
- Our courses took very, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012Our courses took very, very long in between service and our server was unsure of what course we were supposed to being served. He kept coming by and saying "You guys are waiting on X course, right?" It also took a long time to get our bill, and the food came out slightly cool. Could have been hotter. The food tasted good, but was not hot enough, and the service was not good.
- pleasant atmosphere, goodCC60VIPDined on 7/19/2012pleasant atmosphere, good food, reasonable prices make for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andMikeDined on 7/18/2012The food was excellent and the portions very generous. The 2 waiters were heroic in keeping up with the constant influx of customers. It seems Wednesday evenings are usually less busy. Nevertheless, the excellent food more than compensated for waiting a few more minutes for water or the check.Special Features:
- Half price on the very reasonableSatsumaDined on 7/17/2012Half price on the very reasonable wine list was great! Roederer NV for $40 can't be beat. Great start to our dinner. Escargot were tasty, as were the super fresh fried zucchini. An indulgence shared by all 4 of us. Service was friendly, and we were greeted right away. I'll go back to try some crepes next time.. .Special Features:
- Food was bland and boring.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/8/2012Food was bland and boring. Nothing really stand out. Service was really although there were only few customers.Special Features:
- Service can be a little slow,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/7/2012Service can be a little slow, but stop by for reasonably priced cafe fare. Definitely more of a lunch spot as it is at the mall. They have a nice little dog friendly patio.Special Features:
- We went to Cafe Beau SoleilMMLaMiradaDined on 7/1/2012We went to Cafe Beau Soleil on a Sunday evening. The place was nice, in front of the America Rag store at Fashion Island. The host took a while to appear, but the service was good from the wait staff. We ordered the French Onion Soup and Escargot for appetizers, the serving size was large, the food tasted good. For the main course we ordered the Dover Sole and the scallops. The Dover Sole was good, but the scallop dish was not particularly extraordinary. For dessert we had the flourless chocolate cake. This was a nice treat. The place is definitely worth a trySpecial Features:
- Great, No-Fuss MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/26/2012Cafe Beau Soleil is a good, solid restaurant that will probably please most people in your group. I had the crab omelet, and it was great. My server was attentive and friendly, and it was nice to have a sit-down meal at Fashion Island that wasn't trying too hard to impress. I really like a number of restaurants at F.I., but sometimes you just want something simple, and Cafe Beau Soleil does just that! I'll be back!Special Features:
- Nice ambience and good food,KarenVIPDined on 6/23/2012Nice ambience and good food, a relaxing place to dine!
- This restaurant is becomingAaronVIPDined on 6/17/2012This restaurant is becoming a regular for us. Good food, nice wine selection. Casual.Special Features:
- Moderately priced with verywesmaryVIPDined on 6/9/2012Moderately priced with very good food. We will return.Special Features:
- Especially love that theyTigreVIPDined on 6/8/2012Especially love that they are puppy friendly on their patio! Very relaxing - especially considering they are in beautiful but busy Fashion Island!
- Don't Go!!LaurieleeVIPDined on 5/27/2012This was one of the worst restaurants we've been to in a long time. Menu looked great but food was terrible. The worst was the service. We were seated right away with a party of 6 but we waited over 15 mins for anyone to greet us and got up and asked for water and service twice. Location was nice in fashion island but we'll never go again. We would have left if we weren't a large party at prime brunch hour. Maybe we should have, there are several superior choices close by
- We need more places like thisLovefoodVIPDined on 5/26/2012We need more places like this in Orange County! The food is delicious and not your same run of the mill menu. I would highly recommend eating here.
- We had muscles and scallops.PowderdazeVIPDined on 5/18/2012We had muscles and scallops. Both were likely frozen. The scallops were OK but the muscles smelled so bad I couldn't eat them.
- Service could have been better,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2012Service could have been better, waited 15 minutes prior to first contact with waiter......then pretty goodSpecial Features:
- French dining without beingMichaelHDined on 4/10/2012French dining without being in a stuffy French restaurant. Imagine yourself at a cafe' on a little side street in Paris... Great menu offerings, with the entire menu served all day.Special Features:
- Not a good day. usually enjoyHungry1sDined on 2/3/2012Not a good day. usually enjoy this restaurant... Although staff was well meaning, I think they were short handed, or maybe busy with this one very large party, didn't bring bread till lunch was almost finished, usually offer olive oil, didn't... Did not refill coffee... Had to chase down waiter to get check...Will give it another chance, but was really disappointed as we brought a friend, and we were really looking forward to our luncheon.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our French bistrosuevDined on 11/11/2011Enjoyed our French bistro dinner. Exceptional staff! Crab cakes were better than any other area resaurants. Portions were reasonably sized and priced. The items not checked were NA to us.Special Features:
- We found this place whileOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2011We found this place while on a recruiting trip, to Concordia University, earlier this year. And have made a point to enjoy it when we are back in the area!!! Great food...Great service...Great coffee!!!Special Features: