Café Beach Restaurant at Beach Resort Monterey
2600 Sand Dunes Drive
Monterey, CA 93940Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Café Beach Restaurant at Beach Resort Monterey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montereybeachresort.com/
- Phone: 8318994544
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 am-11:00 am.
Lunch: 11:00 am-1:45 pm.
Dinner: 5:30 pm-9:30 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jose Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Café Beach Restaurant at Beach Resort Monterey
Cafe Beach Restaurant at Beach Resort Monterey offers a unique California dining experience with an enjoyable and casual atmosphere. The menu features sustainable seafood, prime meats, fresh local organic produce and delectable desserts. Cafe Beach Restaurant offers panoramic views of the Monterey Bay and the city lights beyond making for Monterey's only Restaurant with stunning sunsets. Enjoy a delicious meal and watch the abundant sea life while relaxing at your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Beach Restaurant at Beach Resort Monterey reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)Show More
- Was not happyNOTHAPPYDined on 7/25/2014I made a reservation. We were seated right away. That was the only good part. The service was terrible. We had to ask to get a refills on our water. I ordered a margarita. It took forever to come. I was never asked if I wanted another. We asked for an additional basket of bread. They brought it without butter. Only asked for the bread because it took so long for our food to be served. In stead of bringing out the salads first, then the entrees, they brought the salad with the entrees. Some people that arrived after us received service before us. It just was not a good night.Special Features:
- It was amazingJ01214Dined on 7/19/2014This place was truly amazing. I would highly recommend this place. The food was great. The service was really good and the view was amazing. I would highly recommend reservations around 7:00 pm in the summer time followed by a walk on the beach. The breakfast is also really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu has changedGuldenDrakDined on 7/13/2014What they had was actually quite good, but it was slightly disappointing to find that some of the items we were looking forward to did not exist. (Apparently they haven't updated the menu on the Best Western site either, so don't go by that).Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Café Beach Restaurant at Beach Resort Monterey reviews archive.
- Cafe Beach RestaurantSimoneDined on 11/28/2013"The Cafe Beach Restaurant at Beach Resort Monterey was a delight. The ambience was wonderful and the service was excellent. The whole experience was perfect from beginning to the end."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationGlobetrotterVIPDined on 10/20/2013We are happy to have this new restaurant in our neighborhood . I love the chicken dish & they have great early dining specials. View is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was great butCollegeParentsVIPDined on 10/14/2013Our waitress was great but everything else about this dining experience was absolutely terrible. The hostess was horrible to the staff and we heard here yell at them several times and she completely ruined the dining experience for us. We ended up just ordering appetizers to accompany our wine. The food was okay at best but the management staff (hostess and bar tender) created an awful environment and we truly felt sorry for the wait staff and couldn't get out of the restaurant fast enough. Gorgeous view and great waitress but everything else terrible.Special Features:
- Enjoyed 3 meals thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2013We were celebrating my mother's 82nd Birthday and had 2 very nice breakfasts both days served by Leilani, a real sweetheart - good food and good service. The birthday dinner was great. Joaquin made the dinner an event. The Sand Dabs were good as well as the meat dishes. Incredible sunset. We have stayed here many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular viewRomqnticDined on 8/21/2013Every seat in the house has a terrific view of the o Dan. The food is good, but not exceptional and is over priced for the quality. I was very happy with the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only paying for the viewhgoinVIPDined on 7/17/2013their prices were too high. Food wasn't that good. My artichoke wasn't cooked long enough. Very small wedge salad for the price. Great view. I would only come here for drinks. Our waiter wouldn't stop flirting with me and he wouldn't let go of my hand. Plus he was 20-30 years older than me. I was with my mentor and coworkers (who are older than me by 30 years) and they too, thought it was odd and rude. I felt very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- AmazingaxelDined on 7/12/2013Service was kind of slow but food was great and great ocean view!! The host was very gentle !! Overall, it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supremo!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013My wife is very discriminating when it comes to food and ambience. Cafe Beach scored high on both and made our family of 5the outing a memorable experience. Catching the sinking sunset was a plus. Every table had a front row view. The fireplace was nice. We even caught 4th of July fireworks off the balcony. Service was excellent. Will come again on special occasion.s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the beachRickzVIPDined on 6/27/2013The food was very good. The restaurant seemed a little run down. The view is of the beach, the waves, and the sand dunes was great. I'll go back for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View good food makecriticalcriticDined on 5/4/2013Great View good food make sure you have good timing if your going to see the sunset it gets to bright for about 45 minutes before sunset and they do not lower the shades fast enough. They need to do better job on watching that most tables were being blinded but worth it.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner: requestedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Birthday Dinner: requested window table. Wonderful view of the ocean to see the sunset over Monterey. Our waiter photographed us at sunset outside. Nice touch! Salmon and Sea Bass dinners were very tasty. Quiet, romantic atmosphere. Would come back again!Special Features:
- BreakfastLuLuDined on 12/25/2012It was great having breakfast while watching the waves break on the beach, The surfers and birds were both fun to watch , enjoyed the French toast and waffles, yummySpecial Features:
- I didn't realize this wasCindyDined on 12/7/2012I didn't realize this was the hotel restaurant for the Best Western in Monterey, and there weren't signs to tell you how to get to the restaurant from the lobby. The service and wait staff were very good, but otherwise it was OK.Special Features:
- Best Seat in the HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/20/2012Spectacular view of Monterey Bay, and the food was very good. We made last minute reservations for dinner, arrived around 7:30pm and it was perfect timing. There are plenty tables by the windows and the seating is actually arranges so that everyone has a great view of the Bay. The food was very good and our server was on point. We have had breakfast and dinner here and it's always been a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great spot!EC312014Dined on 9/30/2012Love the view. Food was good, but service took a while and they weren't even full.Special Features:
- My boyfriend and I went toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012My boyfriend and I went to dinner, hoping for some good seafood. I ordered the sea bass, which was delicious and perfectly cooked, while he had the salmon. I think that salmon was the worst I have ever tasted. It was dry, flavorless and just not very good. The red pepper coulis that went along with it was also flavorless. The garlic mashed potatoes were good, but we didn't spend $20+/entree for mashed potatoes. I suppose we should have complained, but our waiter was not around much. The view was amazing, as we were right on the water, so I guess we were paying for the ambiance. It's unfortunate that the food wasn't better because we wanted to like this place. In the end, I guess I would recommend it but with hesitation.Special Features:
- Good Food, Awesome View!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012We had Mother's Day brunch. Food was good. The omelet station and waffle station were awesome! The best part though, was the view! Every seat was a great seat!Special Features:
- My Mom's 75th Birthday weNANIVIPDined on 5/1/2012My Mom's 75th Birthday we were 20 family members.The view was awesome the sunset was priceless. Our waiter did a terrific job, my brother and family were late due his sons baseball game and our waiter made sure they did not have to wait too long for their dinner.Special Features:
- View was great of the bayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/9/2012View was great of the bay but other than that the food for the most part was terrible. The soggy calamari really started things off on the wrong foot.Special Features:
- the food was good and plentifulbobatthebeachVIPDined on 3/3/2012the food was good and plentiful but the view is GREAT!Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2012I love the relaxed feel of this place - dark, small and cozy - like a comfortable living room, complete with a fire in the big fireplace and incredible bay view, with the lights of Monterey sparkling in the distance. We had mahi mahi and sand dabs. Both were fresh and creatively prepared. Service was well-timed and friendly. Our waiter even brought our dessert for us to eat in front of the fireplace. Wines were affordable.Special Features:
- Ribeye was great, but salmonOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/23/2012Ribeye was great, but salmon was overcooked. Amazing views, but whomever said good for kids was off. Much more a romantic, couples restaurant.Special Features:
- Clam chowder was good, butBigTimePeriDined on 2/19/2012Clam chowder was good, but everything else was kind of yucky. The tropical iced tea was pretty good and the service was just fine. The main reason my friend and I decided to meet here was that I'd been once before for drinks and apps at sunset and it was fabulous. At lunch it's a little bright but very pretty for sure looking out over the Monterey Bay. With a decent chef, this place could be a winner.Special Features:
- You go to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012You go to this restaurant for the view first. Right on the water. All tables face the ocean and the restaurant has an upscale feel even though it is in the Best Western. The service was bad when we went on Valentines but could be an isolated case. Food was good, not spectacular, but good. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- The best restaurant, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012The best restaurant, great food and great view! Everything was perfect!! And the prices are good as well. All this time, I did not know that this GEM was in my own backyard. I will definitely be returning often.Special Features:
- Must go right at sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012This restaurant has the best view to the beach and is just looks amazing right at sunset. The people there are very very attentive and super friendly. The manager treated us so well we will be coming back there again. Food was perfect!! Five starsSpecial Features: