4001 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafebaci.net/
- Phone: 9419214848x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Mei 9419214848x
A word from Cafe Baci
At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs.Continued
Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment.
Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Baci - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Cafe Baci reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (45)romantic (35)good for groups (29)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (11)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- More than just ItalianKurtDined on 10/16/2014Excellent food coupled with attentive service. Give this venue a try!Special Features:
- Nice findbeachdreamerDined on 10/12/2014We were looking for a good italian meal, found it at cafe Baci, Great food, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKateVIPDined on 10/11/2014As usual everything about Café Baci is wonderful. The food was expertly prepared and displayed. There is nothing negative to be said about dining at Baci, we love this place.Special Features:
- Great SpotBistroMavenDined on 10/11/2014The Basics Are: Great Food, Excellent Service, Soft Surroundings. You can't miss if you go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Timeless GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with 3 generations of Italians at Cafe Baci last Saturday evening. We were all impressed with the homemade gnocchi and capellini. We loved the homemade calamari appetizer as well. Both the grouper and snapper were fresh and perfectly done. My son's veal prepared 3 ways was amazing! The dishes have just the right portion size to come hungry. The atmosphere is a little old as is the crowd, but the food and excellent service made up for it! We definitely will return in the near future!Special Features:
- Best in Italian food around.romanoinflDined on 10/11/2014We had another lovely dinner at Cafe Baci. If you have not tried this restaurant you are in for a treat if you do. The food is wonderful and the service makes you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentBertVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a good meal. A wonderful find in Sarasota. Nice restaurant, servers, etc. Good basic wholesome food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlovenDined on 10/8/2014café baci is a long time favorite. the menu is huge and the food is authentic Italian food. the homemade lasagna is marvelous. the management staff and wait staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place, great food.JonshaVIPDined on 10/7/2014We had lunch there and it was great. Ample portions of really good food in a warm and inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- The bestLovetoTravelSRQVIPDined on 10/7/2014I love Cafe Baci. Perfect place for a business lunch because you can actually have a conversation without screaming! I love the attentive, but not intrusive, service and the food is authentic and delicious. The best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodaholicDined on 10/4/2014Once you enter Cafe Baci you could just as easily be somewhere in Italy as the interior is very authentic. We were greeted by a very friendly gentleman who seated us and made us feel very welcome. The waitress was very friendly and above all was very knowledgable about the entire menu. The food was wonderful and fresh and and cooked by a good chef and very tasty, we live in Barcelona, so appreciate good Mediterrarean food! Overall an excellent evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFrequentDinersDined on 10/4/2014We absolutely love Cafe Baci! Owner Roberto Mei and his son Michael are the best.Special Features:
- Bravo!Radman1Dined on 10/2/2014Dinner at cafe Baci was one of my favorite dining experiences in Sarasota. The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding and I can't wait to return. The eggplant parmegiana was the best I've had. One dinner companion had excellent shrimp parmegiana.....who knew! My other dining companion had the veal chop that almost needed no knife to cut. My only regret is that I didn't save enough room for dessert.Special Features:
- Cut Above the RestbubbfredDined on 9/30/2014If you are looking for great Italian food, and wonderful dining experience, this is the place. The red snapper was excellent and the portion was more than generous. Service was outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyable and delicious dinnersunnyDined on 9/30/2014The waiter was friendly and attentive. Both he and the manager made sure we had everything we wanted. They provided a complimentary antipasto. The food was delicious and as ordered. I had enough to take home in a "doggy bag." In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in the area. It has our highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Simply stated...Excellent service, great food, lovely atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Once again a great meal.MilopadDined on 9/27/2014They say don't judge a book by it's cover and that is the theme with this location. As you drive up the general neighborhood does not suggest that it would be home to such a gem of a restaurant. There is a large car park and the minute you open the door you get a warm welcome as if returning home. Great hosts who make you feel a valued customer. The choice on the menu is always great with good wines to balance the experience. Service was quick, efficient and professional at all times. Good value for money with food which tasted great and helpful advice from the staff. This has been our 5th time off visiting and will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyablestep12dudeDined on 9/25/2014We frequently dine at Cafe Baci, because we enjoy the excellent service, personal attention, and the excellent food. The menu offers a good variety of Italian selections, including various pasta dishes and others. Service is attentive and efficient. As fairly regular customers, we are always given a warm greeting, which we very much appreciate. On this trip, my elderly mother enjoyed a well prepared veal dish with a harvest salad, while I enjoyed a small Caesar salad and spaghetti. Prices are moderate, and overall, represent excellent value for the high level of service, quality of food, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentReservationqueenDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service and superb food. You will not leave hungry! Will make this a go to place on every visit to Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Italian FoodGeriDined on 9/13/2014We have been frequenting Cafe Baci more often recently. We love their Italian sauces, rich and red and full bodied. They have a wide menu selection from traditional Eggplant Parmesan, veal dishes and lots of fish. We have not been disappointed in anything that we have ordered. It always comes out nicely presented and piping hot. They have nice specials each time on the menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as alwaysjessiebhungryVIPDined on 9/12/2014The staff at Cafe Baci have a way of making you feel like you're part of the family. I highly recommend the veal Abandonza or ANY of their freshly prepared fish dishes. Baci does Italian right.Special Features:
- Dinner for 3Dinnerfor3Dined on 9/11/2014I took my 2 sisters here because I knew about this place from when I lived in Sarasota 7 years ago. They were very impressed and could not stop talking about what a great place Café Baci is. The food was amazing. The service was fast and courteous. We will be back on our next trip to Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Baci is the best!FrequentDinersDined on 9/6/2014We dine here frequently and always have a fantastic experience. Roberto and Michael make you feel like you are part of their family. The food is outstanding. There are always interesting specials and the regular menu has something for every palate. We love Lorraine who usually takes care of us...she is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placefoodieatheartDined on 9/5/2014Bijou has everything a foodie needs. Great food (best duck in town), excellent service, comfortable but elegant atmosphere. I buy a couple of gift cards each year as gifts for my husband so I know I will be well fed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We had a fabulous time. The food was very good and wait staff was top notch. Look forwarded to returning soon.Special Features:
- Never disappointsrudytootieDined on 8/28/2014Cafe Baci has been in Sarasota for many years. It never disappoints. Service is always top notch, food very good, quiet enough for people who have a hearing problem. The crowd it attracts seems to be the 65 and over crowd. Years ago we had a private party upstairs and that was a perfect place for our own music etc. I assume they still offer that option for private parties. I highly recommend Cafe Baci for a nice family restaurant, or a place to go before a show, no parking problems, and they will get you out in time to drive downtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Community TreasureFostersDined on 8/27/2014Living in Sarasota for barely two years we have enjoyed dining at many wonderful restaurants! As we expected, we discovered several very nice Italian choices. On recommendation by new friends we decided to try Cafe Baci and were totally overwhelmed -- from the moment we were seated (our server was wonderful) -- to our lovely dessert of limoncello! All entrees were served, hot and exceptional! I fell in love with their house salad gorgonzola, candied pecans and dried cranberries) and their special red snapper. Cafe Baci has just moved up on our list of extraordinary restaurant choices in Sarasota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dinner!NokogrannyDined on 8/20/2014we were interested in having the Osso Buco which we had heard sometimes runs out early in the evening so we called ahead even though we made out reservations thru Open Table. They greeted us like we were family and the same care and consideration continued all night. Great service, nice Chianti and delicious meal.Special Features:
- our get awayGetawayDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is fantastic, the food and wait staff are all superb. You cannot help but feel comfortable. You will not be rushed and if you have questions please do not hesitate to ask. They are more than willing to help make your evening a very enjoyable one. the place is very comfortable and again the food is superb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Had a great six course dinner with wine, service was excellent and food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food. service, & pricedaveVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I were both quite pleased with Cafe Baci: We were seated promptly. I had a veal signature dish and my wife had a regular snapper entree. The food preparation, quality, and portion sizes were excellent, and the entrees were reasonably priced. We had a bottle of the house red wine that was surprisingly good for the price. A complimentary antipasto was very good and greatly appreciated. The cannoli dessert was very good. I had an after dinner coffee with liquor (Baci something...) that was superb---I wish I had the recipe to make it at home. The service was prompt, courteous, and attentive. We will definitely return for dinner again, and we will suggest Cafe Baci to relatives visiting Sarasota in Sept. Nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!!!FeedmeVIPDined on 7/26/2014I brought my husband on sat night after eating here with girlfriends on fri night. The service-- from greeting to leaving was amazing. Our waitress, Teresa, is just about the best I've ever had. ( and I eat out all the time). The food is delicious! The best Italian food I've had in sarasota. I had fettuccini frutti di mare, and my husband had veal. We shared appetizers ( crab cakes and bruschetta). And he had spumoni for dessert. Everything-- from the bread basket and antipasti, to apps, entrees, sides, and dessert was uniformly excellent. My husband and I discussed which of our friends we wanted to bring when they visit sarasota.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantSabrinaVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food was very good, the decor was lovely, the service was very good. Nothing to complain about here - a solid choice for great dining. And it was quiet enough to actually hear your party's conversation. We would recommend this to anyoneSpecial Features:
- A great dinner dateSteveDined on 7/19/2014My girlfriend and I reserved a table ahead of time, so we were promptly seated by the host. Almost immediately after sitting down, we were treated with an antipasti plate. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. We both ordered one of the specials of the day - a pasta dish with shrimp and scallops. It was fantastic! And in generous portions, too. We finished the evening with limoncello shots. All in all, the staff was exceedingly courteous and generous, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant as a place to get a fine Italian meal.Special Features:
- Very GoodJandEDined on 7/9/2014Picked a bad day, big crowds upstairs and in back room so service was very slow. And we missed the bread sticks!!Special Features:
- great foodmarklehibDined on 7/8/2014Consistently good food and service. The owner, Roberto , is always there to greet you and provide personalized service.Special Features:
- Extraordinaire!topshelfDined on 7/8/2014The best restaurant in town! Personal, consistent service. Excellent food. A culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014From the minute you walk in the door, you are treated as a valued guest. The food is outstanding and the servers do their best to make your dining experience the best that it can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant evening indeedjessiebhungryVIPDined on 6/25/2014We had a fabulous family dinner at Café Baci. Cori, our server, was great. He was attentive without being intrusive. He was knowledgeable of the menu and also had a good sense of humor. I had the Sarda, which I special ordered, and I was glad they could accommodate. It was absolutely delicious! My mother enjoyed her house salad as well as her Linguini Frutti De Mare. My brother ate the Chicken Crèma E Funghi and even licked the plate! Bob, the manager came over to see how we were doing and to make sure everything was to par – which, of course, it was and then some! He even took the time to chat with us for a bit which I appreciated. Our dinner came to a close with a surprise complimentary limoncello which was just the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best \Italian in SarasottaromanoinflDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant is absolutly the best in Sarasotta. The Veal abundanza is outstanding. The service is one of a kind. A must try.Special Features: