4001 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafebaci.net/
- Phone: (941) 921-4848
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Mei 9419214848x
A word from Cafe Baci
At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs.Continued
Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment.
Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Baci - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Cafe Baci reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (53)romantic (36)good for groups (33)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (10)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent! Food, Service, and Atmosphere!KimbDined on 11/22/2014We made out reservations online and we arrived and were seated right away. Our server Henry was excellent. He was very attentive, served our wine and gave us a few minutes to visit with our friends and savor our wine as we looked over the menu. He came to the table and highlighted the night's specials with such foodie excitement we couldn't decide which entree we wanted they all sounded so good. Our food was brought to our table exactly how we ordered it. We never felt rushed even when we noticed that they had closed 20 minutes before we decided to start leaving. They really treat you like you are a very special guests when you are there. I would recommend this restaurant again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014Michele was our server, who was great. Seemed to recognize our party had not seen each other in a while and were catching up. Michele was very accommodating and patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as ALWAYS!!NHJOSEDined on 11/22/2014Greeted and welcomed immediately upon entering. Attentive, friendly waitress gave us the time we wanted to enjoy. Crisp fresh cut up Caesar salad, delicious hot pasta fajole soup, moist cooked to perfection chicken Parmesan with the freshest, tastiest sauce anywhere. Excellent priced wine and the best value anywhere in Sarasota!! A definite repeat while on vacation! Simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Once again we had a great experience for dinner the other night. Friendly smiling service, excellent food. well made cocktails and delicious desert. All at reasonable prices - what more could you ask for? We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait to ReturnMarciaDined on 11/15/2014Our waiter, Henry, was as delightful AND professional as Cafe Baci was in preparing our delicious meals. The Ceasar Salad was the best we've ever tasted, the bechemel sauce inside the Lasagna added a perfect layer, my husband loved the flavors of his veal trio dish, and our friends Pene ala Vodka (with sausage), she says, was just as pleasing to her. Our first visit will have us returning. The atmosphere, amazingly, works beautifully for a date night for two, as well as tables of "double" dates and more. Thank you Cafe Baci, for drawing us in with your fun marquis sayings. What a gem on Tamiami Trail. Who knew? Well, the full dining area told us that, apparently, everyone knew!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, Cafe Baci was great.JandEDined on 11/14/2014From entering and being shown to our favorite table, as requested on Open Table, to the final complimentary Lemoncello liquer, Cafe Baci delivered on all counts. Each entree was delicious, the salads were fresh and crisp. The server, Michelle, was perfect - friendly yet professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hiding in plain sightReady2eatDined on 11/10/20142nd trip to Sarasota but first time here. Checked Open Table, read the reviews and tried it. The owner greeted us at the door, and checked in a couple times during the evening. Attentive but not pushy service. We had the Caprese salad and grouper and the mixed greens and crab cakes, followed by the homemade lemon sorbet. Both salads and entrees were great, and dessert was enough for a taste for two. Timing of service spot on. Interesting and compatible wine selection. Easy location to find. Really pleased with Cafe Baci, will definitely plan to return and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT !Sarasota2013VIPDined on 11/7/2014I have been here many times. The food and service is always great. I took a friend for her first time. She now wants to be a regular!Special Features:
- Wonderful everythingSullivanDined on 11/6/2014From the moment we walked in the service was excellent. Great menu and wonderful food to back it up.Special Features:
- Its been a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Haven't been to Café Baci for ages. What a treat! Took new to Sarasota friends for their anniversary. They were thrilled with everything. I had the three types of veal plate. It was divine. So tender and so aromatic. Everything was just perfect. My mate had the Black Grouper and can't wait to go back. The on-line reservations were really easy and efficient. Will use that site in the future.Special Features:
- STANLEY HAYES & TINA JONESOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Our entire dining experience was the best you could ever have, from the service , food preparation, quality, taste and value. ALL OF THE PEOPLE FROM THE TIME YOU ENTER THE DOOR UNTIL YOU LEAVE MAKE YOU FEEL APPRECIATED . THIS IS OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN FLORIDA. WE HAD SEVEN PEOPLE IN OUR PARTY. EVERYONE WAS EXTREMELY SATISFIED. ELDIS, THE CHEF COOKED THE BEST PRIME RIB EVER. SUZANNE, OUR SERVER MADE SURE EACH AND EVERYONE WAS TAKEN CARE OF AND SATISFIED. BOB, THE MANAGER AND HOST ALWAYS MAKES YOU FEEL HE CARES AND ROBERTO, THE OWNER ALWAYS MAKES US FEEL APPRECIATED. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT EVENING ON OUR FIFTY-SIXTH ANNIVERSARY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe baci2foodiesDined on 10/23/2014If you reserve ahead on open table you are served a lovely appetizer and the wait staff is happy to be there serving you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian FoodAlohaGal1Dined on 10/20/2014What a wonderful meal in a comfortable atmosphere! The service was impeccable, and the food absolutely delicious and plentiful. We were treated to feel welcomed on our first visit to this restaurant. The server was extremely helpful and friendly and made recommendations easily from her extensive knowledge of the menu. The visit to our table by the owner was a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every waygschiffeDined on 10/20/2014I continue to be VERY impressed. Food was very good and so much, I took home half of my meal for a 2nd dinner at home.Special Features:
- More than just ItalianKurtDined on 10/16/2014Excellent food coupled with attentive service. Give this venue a try!Special Features:
- Nice findbeachdreamerDined on 10/12/2014We were looking for a good italian meal, found it at cafe Baci, Great food, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningKateVIPDined on 10/11/2014As usual everything about Café Baci is wonderful. The food was expertly prepared and displayed. There is nothing negative to be said about dining at Baci, we love this place.Special Features:
- Great SpotBistroMavenDined on 10/11/2014The Basics Are: Great Food, Excellent Service, Soft Surroundings. You can't miss if you go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Timeless GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with 3 generations of Italians at Cafe Baci last Saturday evening. We were all impressed with the homemade gnocchi and capellini. We loved the homemade calamari appetizer as well. Both the grouper and snapper were fresh and perfectly done. My son's veal prepared 3 ways was amazing! The dishes have just the right portion size to come hungry. The atmosphere is a little old as is the crowd, but the food and excellent service made up for it! We definitely will return in the near future!Special Features:
- Best in Italian food around.romanoinflDined on 10/11/2014We had another lovely dinner at Cafe Baci. If you have not tried this restaurant you are in for a treat if you do. The food is wonderful and the service makes you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentBertVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a good meal. A wonderful find in Sarasota. Nice restaurant, servers, etc. Good basic wholesome food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlovenDined on 10/8/2014café baci is a long time favorite. the menu is huge and the food is authentic Italian food. the homemade lasagna is marvelous. the management staff and wait staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place, great food.JonshaVIPDined on 10/7/2014We had lunch there and it was great. Ample portions of really good food in a warm and inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- The bestLovetoTravelSRQVIPDined on 10/7/2014I love Cafe Baci. Perfect place for a business lunch because you can actually have a conversation without screaming! I love the attentive, but not intrusive, service and the food is authentic and delicious. The best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFoodaholicDined on 10/4/2014Once you enter Cafe Baci you could just as easily be somewhere in Italy as the interior is very authentic. We were greeted by a very friendly gentleman who seated us and made us feel very welcome. The waitress was very friendly and above all was very knowledgable about the entire menu. The food was wonderful and fresh and and cooked by a good chef and very tasty, we live in Barcelona, so appreciate good Mediterrarean food! Overall an excellent evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFrequentDinersDined on 10/4/2014We absolutely love Cafe Baci! Owner Roberto Mei and his son Michael are the best.Special Features:
- Bravo!Radman1Dined on 10/2/2014Dinner at cafe Baci was one of my favorite dining experiences in Sarasota. The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding and I can't wait to return. The eggplant parmegiana was the best I've had. One dinner companion had excellent shrimp parmegiana.....who knew! My other dining companion had the veal chop that almost needed no knife to cut. My only regret is that I didn't save enough room for dessert.Special Features:
- Cut Above the RestbubbfredDined on 9/30/2014If you are looking for great Italian food, and wonderful dining experience, this is the place. The red snapper was excellent and the portion was more than generous. Service was outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyable and delicious dinnersunnyDined on 9/30/2014The waiter was friendly and attentive. Both he and the manager made sure we had everything we wanted. They provided a complimentary antipasto. The food was delicious and as ordered. I had enough to take home in a "doggy bag." In my opinion, this is the best Italian restaurant in the area. It has our highest recommendation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Simply stated...Excellent service, great food, lovely atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Once again a great meal.MilopadDined on 9/27/2014They say don't judge a book by it's cover and that is the theme with this location. As you drive up the general neighborhood does not suggest that it would be home to such a gem of a restaurant. There is a large car park and the minute you open the door you get a warm welcome as if returning home. Great hosts who make you feel a valued customer. The choice on the menu is always great with good wines to balance the experience. Service was quick, efficient and professional at all times. Good value for money with food which tasted great and helpful advice from the staff. This has been our 5th time off visiting and will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyablestep12dudeVIPDined on 9/25/2014We frequently dine at Cafe Baci, because we enjoy the excellent service, personal attention, and the excellent food. The menu offers a good variety of Italian selections, including various pasta dishes and others. Service is attentive and efficient. As fairly regular customers, we are always given a warm greeting, which we very much appreciate. On this trip, my elderly mother enjoyed a well prepared veal dish with a harvest salad, while I enjoyed a small Caesar salad and spaghetti. Prices are moderate, and overall, represent excellent value for the high level of service, quality of food, and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentReservationqueenDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service and superb food. You will not leave hungry! Will make this a go to place on every visit to Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Italian FoodGeriDined on 9/13/2014We have been frequenting Cafe Baci more often recently. We love their Italian sauces, rich and red and full bodied. They have a wide menu selection from traditional Eggplant Parmesan, veal dishes and lots of fish. We have not been disappointed in anything that we have ordered. It always comes out nicely presented and piping hot. They have nice specials each time on the menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as alwaysjessiebhungryVIPDined on 9/12/2014The staff at Cafe Baci have a way of making you feel like you're part of the family. I highly recommend the veal Abandonza or ANY of their freshly prepared fish dishes. Baci does Italian right.Special Features:
- Dinner for 3Dinnerfor3Dined on 9/11/2014I took my 2 sisters here because I knew about this place from when I lived in Sarasota 7 years ago. They were very impressed and could not stop talking about what a great place Café Baci is. The food was amazing. The service was fast and courteous. We will be back on our next trip to Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Baci is the best!FrequentDinersDined on 9/6/2014We dine here frequently and always have a fantastic experience. Roberto and Michael make you feel like you are part of their family. The food is outstanding. There are always interesting specials and the regular menu has something for every palate. We love Lorraine who usually takes care of us...she is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placefoodieatheartDined on 9/5/2014Bijou has everything a foodie needs. Great food (best duck in town), excellent service, comfortable but elegant atmosphere. I buy a couple of gift cards each year as gifts for my husband so I know I will be well fed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We had a fabulous time. The food was very good and wait staff was top notch. Look forwarded to returning soon.Special Features:
- Never disappointsrudytootieDined on 8/28/2014Cafe Baci has been in Sarasota for many years. It never disappoints. Service is always top notch, food very good, quiet enough for people who have a hearing problem. The crowd it attracts seems to be the 65 and over crowd. Years ago we had a private party upstairs and that was a perfect place for our own music etc. I assume they still offer that option for private parties. I highly recommend Cafe Baci for a nice family restaurant, or a place to go before a show, no parking problems, and they will get you out in time to drive downtown.I would recommend this to a friend.