4001 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34231Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafebaci.net/
- Phone: 9419214848x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Mei 9419214848x
A word from Cafe Baci
At Café Baci, we strive to perfectly recreate the full Italian experience. From the moment you walk through our door, you sense the difference and you feel the culture. The atmosphere here is enchanting and peaceful, the Italian cuisine reminiscent of that created by some of the greatest Italian Chefs.Continued
Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment.
Relax and enjoy your stay with us. Savor the delicate flavors of history. Close your eyes, breathe deeply….you are in Italy, if but only for a moment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cafe Baci - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Cafe Baci reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (34)romantic (33)notable wine list (24)good for groups (21)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very Good Italian FoodGeriDined on 9/13/2014We have been frequenting Cafe Baci more often recently. We love their Italian sauces, rich and red and full bodied. They have a wide menu selection from traditional Eggplant Parmesan, veal dishes and lots of fish. We have not been disappointed in anything that we have ordered. It always comes out nicely presented and piping hot. They have nice specials each time on the menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as alwaysjessiebhungryDined on 9/12/2014The staff at Cafe Baci have a way of making you feel like you're part of the family. I highly recommend the veal Abandonza or ANY of their freshly prepared fish dishes. Baci does Italian right.Special Features:
- Dinner for 3Dinnerfor3Dined on 9/11/2014I took my 2 sisters here because I knew about this place from when I lived in Sarasota 7 years ago. They were very impressed and could not stop talking about what a great place Café Baci is. The food was amazing. The service was fast and courteous. We will be back on our next trip to Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Baci is the best!FrequentDinersDined on 9/6/2014We dine here frequently and always have a fantastic experience. Roberto and Michael make you feel like you are part of their family. The food is outstanding. There are always interesting specials and the regular menu has something for every palate. We love Lorraine who usually takes care of us...she is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placefoodieatheartDined on 9/5/2014Bijou has everything a foodie needs. Great food (best duck in town), excellent service, comfortable but elegant atmosphere. I buy a couple of gift cards each year as gifts for my husband so I know I will be well fed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We had a fabulous time. The food was very good and wait staff was top notch. Look forwarded to returning soon.Special Features:
- Never disappointsrudytootieDined on 8/28/2014Cafe Baci has been in Sarasota for many years. It never disappoints. Service is always top notch, food very good, quiet enough for people who have a hearing problem. The crowd it attracts seems to be the 65 and over crowd. Years ago we had a private party upstairs and that was a perfect place for our own music etc. I assume they still offer that option for private parties. I highly recommend Cafe Baci for a nice family restaurant, or a place to go before a show, no parking problems, and they will get you out in time to drive downtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Community TreasureFostersDined on 8/27/2014Living in Sarasota for barely two years we have enjoyed dining at many wonderful restaurants! As we expected, we discovered several very nice Italian choices. On recommendation by new friends we decided to try Cafe Baci and were totally overwhelmed -- from the moment we were seated (our server was wonderful) -- to our lovely dessert of limoncello! All entrees were served, hot and exceptional! I fell in love with their house salad gorgonzola, candied pecans and dried cranberries) and their special red snapper. Cafe Baci has just moved up on our list of extraordinary restaurant choices in Sarasota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dinner!NokogrannyDined on 8/20/2014we were interested in having the Osso Buco which we had heard sometimes runs out early in the evening so we called ahead even though we made out reservations thru Open Table. They greeted us like we were family and the same care and consideration continued all night. Great service, nice Chianti and delicious meal.Special Features:
- our get awayGetawayDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant is fantastic, the food and wait staff are all superb. You cannot help but feel comfortable. You will not be rushed and if you have questions please do not hesitate to ask. They are more than willing to help make your evening a very enjoyable one. the place is very comfortable and again the food is superb.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Had a great six course dinner with wine, service was excellent and food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food. service, & pricedaveVIPDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I were both quite pleased with Cafe Baci: We were seated promptly. I had a veal signature dish and my wife had a regular snapper entree. The food preparation, quality, and portion sizes were excellent, and the entrees were reasonably priced. We had a bottle of the house red wine that was surprisingly good for the price. A complimentary antipasto was very good and greatly appreciated. The cannoli dessert was very good. I had an after dinner coffee with liquor (Baci something...) that was superb---I wish I had the recipe to make it at home. The service was prompt, courteous, and attentive. We will definitely return for dinner again, and we will suggest Cafe Baci to relatives visiting Sarasota in Sept. Nice job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!!!FeedmeVIPDined on 7/26/2014I brought my husband on sat night after eating here with girlfriends on fri night. The service-- from greeting to leaving was amazing. Our waitress, Teresa, is just about the best I've ever had. ( and I eat out all the time). The food is delicious! The best Italian food I've had in sarasota. I had fettuccini frutti di mare, and my husband had veal. We shared appetizers ( crab cakes and bruschetta). And he had spumoni for dessert. Everything-- from the bread basket and antipasti, to apps, entrees, sides, and dessert was uniformly excellent. My husband and I discussed which of our friends we wanted to bring when they visit sarasota.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantSabrinaDined on 7/23/2014The food was very good, the decor was lovely, the service was very good. Nothing to complain about here - a solid choice for great dining. And it was quiet enough to actually hear your party's conversation. We would recommend this to anyoneSpecial Features:
- A great dinner dateSteveDined on 7/19/2014My girlfriend and I reserved a table ahead of time, so we were promptly seated by the host. Almost immediately after sitting down, we were treated with an antipasti plate. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. We both ordered one of the specials of the day - a pasta dish with shrimp and scallops. It was fantastic! And in generous portions, too. We finished the evening with limoncello shots. All in all, the staff was exceedingly courteous and generous, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant as a place to get a fine Italian meal.Special Features:
- Very GoodJandEDined on 7/9/2014Picked a bad day, big crowds upstairs and in back room so service was very slow. And we missed the bread sticks!!Special Features:
- great foodmarklehibDined on 7/8/2014Consistently good food and service. The owner, Roberto , is always there to greet you and provide personalized service.Special Features:
- Extraordinaire!topshelfDined on 7/8/2014The best restaurant in town! Personal, consistent service. Excellent food. A culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014From the minute you walk in the door, you are treated as a valued guest. The food is outstanding and the servers do their best to make your dining experience the best that it can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant evening indeedjessiebhungryDined on 6/25/2014We had a fabulous family dinner at Café Baci. Cori, our server, was great. He was attentive without being intrusive. He was knowledgeable of the menu and also had a good sense of humor. I had the Sarda, which I special ordered, and I was glad they could accommodate. It was absolutely delicious! My mother enjoyed her house salad as well as her Linguini Frutti De Mare. My brother ate the Chicken Crèma E Funghi and even licked the plate! Bob, the manager came over to see how we were doing and to make sure everything was to par – which, of course, it was and then some! He even took the time to chat with us for a bit which I appreciated. Our dinner came to a close with a surprise complimentary limoncello which was just the icing on the cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best \Italian in SarasottaromanoinflDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant is absolutly the best in Sarasotta. The Veal abundanza is outstanding. The service is one of a kind. A must try.Special Features:
- Mom's BirthdayMommaDined on 6/22/2014Our party was large, 11 people and ranged in age from 3 - 74. The staff was wonderful, while they don't have a children's menu per se, they did give the 2 little ones their own salad and a plate so we could easily give them dinner. Café Baci is truly one of the great fine dining establishments in the Sarasota area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Italian in SarasotaMeducatorVIPDined on 6/20/2014This is a wonderful Italian restaurant , long time running in Sarasota, perfectly prepared dinners and outstanding service..you feel like you are family here..after we were seated, complimentary antipasto plate arrived along with delicious breads and homemade breadsticks..we enjoyed sampling of 3 veal dishes, and for dessert tiramisu with cappuccinos.Special Features:
- AwesomeLove2EatDined on 6/18/2014Jessica was our waitress. She was awesome. She was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and I had trouble deciding. Jessica explained my two choices and helped make my decision. The food was delicious and even our finicky friend loved his meal. We couldn't ask for a better experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missing out for so longSarasota2ndHomeVIPDined on 6/14/2014Though we have passed Café Baci on Rte 41 every single time we have been in Sarasota over the past three years, we never stopped in until this weekend. Noting that it was one of the entries when you bring up Open Table for Sarasota, we thought to give it a try. What a gem. The food was outstanding. My wife's meal based on server recommendation was excellent, my seafood linguine entrée was delicious. The service was impeccable, timely but unobtrusive. Managers stopped by to check on our experience and chat. Overall, it was one of the best total dining experiences we've had in Sarasota with our only regret that we hadn't stopped in sooner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Wonderful place to celebrate special occasions. Will take advance requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Sarasota Restaurant!CrweinerDined on 6/1/2014I had the wonderful pleasure of dining at Cafe Baci in Sarasota on June 1st, 2014. They really treat their OpenTable diners amazingly well with a free antipasto plate and after-dinner refreshments. Besides the perks, the wait staff was attentive and quite personable. The eggplant parmesan is one dish that must be tried; it was absolutely amazing! I will absolutely go back the next time I'm in town!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!JandEDined on 5/30/2014Cafe Baci is better than ever, we would like to make it our weekly dine-out spot. Great Italian dishes and the veal, chicken and fish dishes are magnificent. We are not big red meat eaters, but our friend ordered the Osso Buco on a Wed. night and was so pleased. She is from Kentucky and she said she never heard of it before, now she wants to return in the Fall to have it again. The wait staff and hosts were professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sarasota GemRickASAPDined on 5/25/2014Whenever we visit Sarasota, a night at Cafe Baci is a must-do. As Chicagoan's we're spoiled by great Italian restaurants, and yet we always look forward to visiting Cafe Baci. The food is creatively prepared, fresh and always delicious. The service is excellent and the restaurant offers a wine list that offers a broad variety from around the world to satisfy one's palette. Recommended! Rick & ColleenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; great presentationJordanDined on 5/24/2014One of the most delicious and attractive meals ever. If they know you have a special occasion they give a free veg platter and free tiramisu desert. They really make you feel welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantCarolynDined on 5/23/2014I think over the many years we have eaten at most restaurants in Sarasota. For good value and good, food, this is the best overall. The host, who might be the owner, kept us waiting 12 minutes and apologized like it was 2 hours. He also sent a complimentary antipasti to our table for the delay. Lorraine, our waitress, was great. The service was wonderful. My flounder was very fresh. My only complaint is the caper sauce was too much. I would order it again with the sauce on the side. The nice thing about this restaurant is the staff seems to really care about their patrons which is not true of many restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GT88Dined on 5/22/2014The food we ordered this visit was not the best we have had there. Both meals were "Specials", so perhaps we will stay with the regular menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 538 reviews are from the Cafe Baci reviews archive.
- DonaldDined on 5/20/2014On multiple visits never have been disappointed. The food variety and preparation are excellent. Servers attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Great Italian DinnerBettyMVIPDined on 5/18/2014This was about the third time we have been to this restaurant We keep coming beck because of consistent great quality food.
- Excellent Food & Servicestep12dudeDined on 5/16/2014My elderly mother and I always dine here for dinner once or twice a month, because we enjoy both the food and the service. The menu has a good variety of authentic Italian dishes including soups, salads, various entrees, and pastas. Service is attentive and efficient. The manager and staff always seem to go out of their way to be helpful but not intrusive. A variety of daily specials are also offered. Portions are ample. Overall, a good choice for those who like good Italian food, served in pleasant surroundings by pleasant people.
- Awesome ItalianEnlightenedDined on 5/14/2014Cafe Baci is a true find. Food is authentic Italian, and prepared superbly. The wait staff is exceptional, the management visible and the service timing spot on. Can't say enough good things about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysMikeDined on 5/9/2014We've been going to Cafe Baci for twenty years. It's a rather "retro" Italian place, with a somewhat older clientele and a smattering of younger folks. Low-key but pleasant ambiance. As always, we enjoyed excellent, very well-prepared food and lovely service. Our three entrees included two fish specials, a sea base Francese and a grouper filet sauteed with a wonderful sauce that did not overwhelm the fish. Professional and attentive service that was never intrusive. You're made to feel welcome in a sincere way, not overdone.Special Features:
- great Italian foodSuzieDined on 5/8/2014Never disappointed with this restaurant. Always great service and great food. Love the bread stick. My husband always gets the penne alla vodka. He says it's the best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating NatureEvieDined on 5/8/2014We had 4:30 reservation, but arrived early at 3:50. We thought we would wait in our cars until the restaurant opened at 4. The host came out the door and motioned for us to come in and we were seated immediately. The service was so pleasant and made us feel like we were friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodmarklehibDined on 5/4/2014when we have visitors, we always take them to Cafe Baci because we can always rely on their quality and service.Special Features: