Cafe Avanti Restaurant
732 41st Street
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Avanti Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeavanti.com/
- Phone: 3055384400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday- thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Constantino Cadavid
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe Avanti hosts parties of up to 100 people. There is a private dining room that accommodates up to 40 guests, and a semi private dining room for 16.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Fuentes 3055384400
A word from Cafe Avanti Restaurant
Established in 1989, Cafe Avanti is in a league of its own. Fine traditional Italian cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. It's family owned and operated, and home away from home for Miami Beach locals. The staff is welcoming and hospitable, and are sure to make you feel like a regular even as a first time guest. Chef Constantino Cadavid has been at the helm of Cafe Avanti for over 21 years. It's reputation for consistency is like no other. From veal meatballs and tuna tartare, to osso bucco and frutta di mare, every dish is absolutely decadent. Desserts are homemade & the ricotta cheesecake is the best you will ever have. Parking is easy and meters are turned off at 6pm. Whether you sit at the bar, cozy brick room, a romantic table by the window, or have a large party, Cafe Avanti will provide you with the perfect experience that you are looking for.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Cafe Avanti Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Cafe Avanti Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)romantic (10)special occasion (10)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Classic diningReee2Dined on 7/30/2014Classic dining with professional wait staff and friendly owners. Food was delicious and one of a kind! Had delish bottle of Argentinian bianchi Malbec wanted another they didn't hav but offered an alternative that was good but more expensive. They should have offered to match price because it was minimal. Oh well! Otherwise, baked stuffed clams were good. Arugula salad was good, fresh halibut cooked to order with lemon, capers, herbs and mushrooms was delish and the stuffed veal chops with prosciutto and fontina with a mushroom (Marsala ?) sauce was BIG and satisfying for my husband and two foodie sons! Overall was the right choice for hubby's 65 birthday dinner!Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!CastleNMBVIPDined on 7/26/2014LOVE THIS RESTAURANT! Great food, great service! We have been going there for years. A true neighborhood gem!!Special Features:
- Great Family DinnernashyDined on 7/13/2014We have dined several times at Cafe Avanti and each time we are happy to be back! The service is outstanding and food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Surprise!WRFGVIPDined on 7/4/2014We came across the Cafe Avanti purely by chance, and found it to be a very pleasant surprise! Our server, Desi, was a gentleman, and treated us very well. It was also a pleasure to speak with Rebecca afterwards, which gave the experience an even more personal touch. We look forward to many returns!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotLSWilliamsDined on 7/1/2014We walked here from the Fontainebleau Hotel. The decor is fine. The staff are nice. A Miami Heat player arrived and high five'd everyone while we were eating! I had a wonderful arugula salad and the salmon with mustard sauce. Both were very good.Special Features:
- maxxDined on 6/21/2014service and food were outstanding!!!! we will be back soon!!!!! jim and eddi maxwellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was the key!PgoicouriaDined on 6/20/2014This was our second visit and our waiter remembered us, even where we sat. The bus boys (men) were attentive and brought bread and water within moments of our arrival and kept an eye on us all night. The linguini carbonara was absolutely scrumptious. And the snapper in the special house sauce was good. The wine list is reasonably priced with selections from Europe and South America. And enjoyable experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Another wonderful mealBPBmiaDined on 6/20/2014Group of 8 people, had to leave for the airport so had about 80 minutes for dinner. They accomodated, served appetizers, dinner and dessert and coffee with time to spare. Food good as always: Ceasar Salad was fine (shared by 2 people, plenty for each), Fried calamari was not oily and was tasty (also shared), Jumbo Shrimp supposed to be 3 per the menu but they gave us 4. Various entrees were all good. Dessert of Tiramisu (good version here), Chocolate Moose Cake, and Rum Cake that was moist with rum but not overpowered by it. Average price per person for appetizer, entree and dessert generally runs $40-$60 depending on what you order, not including beverages and wine. Good value and good food.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 6/18/2014Food good but wildly overpriced for some items- overpriced wine list- service good bit perfunctory- will go back but it is overrated for the priceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellentRobertDined on 6/15/2014Great restautant with excellent food and service particularly during a special event like Father's DaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal at AvantiCorgiDined on 6/7/2014We returned this year again while visiting Miami - Cafe Avanti has easily been our best meal. Fabulous service and the the is delicious, unpretentious, and well prepared.Special Features:
- Good food at fair prices, pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/28/2014Haven't been here in a decade or more, and was pleasantly surprised. Met another couple and had drinks at the small bar first as it was Happy Hour. Fair prices, but well liquor quality needs improvement. Bartender, Kimberly, very enthusiastic and helpful. Food and service at table pleasant. Seems like an upscale neighborhood place with reasonable prices. Everyone enjoyed their piccata's, caesar salad, whole stuffed artichoke, pasta fagioli soup and cannelloni. No time for dessert cart, but it looked tempting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014It was noisy because there was a large party going on. We sat in a smaller dining room but still noisy. Waiter was terrific and food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Cafe Avanti Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good food,comfy spot,great price.LovesNYCDined on 4/23/2014We enjoyed our first dining experience at Avanti. Lovely interior, with comfortable tables and attentive service. Our pasta dishes were yummy - ravioli with marinara sauce and penne with bolognese sauce. We relaxed and had a wonderful time at a very reasonable price. Parking is easy at nearby municipal lot.Special Features:
- nice eveningKevinandtrishDined on 4/12/2014The staff was attentive from the minute we walked in food was delicious and arrived at the table in what seemed like minutes. Cooked to perfection I would definitely return to try out the rest of the menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experince at AvanHungryformoreDined on 4/12/2014We have been coming to this wonderful restaurant for many years. Great Neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAmaralDined on 4/7/2014This is a really good restaurant in that neighborhood. They serve a fantastic Carbonara Paste. The best I ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantMiamidinerVIPDined on 4/4/2014In a area where there are so many great restaurants,Cafe Avanti is a hidden gem. The Italian cuisine is exceptional. The service is friendly--outstanding. The ambiance is extraordinary. You will never see and experience a better dessert cart with some many freshly baked cakes and delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+definite place to keep in mind.comidarecaDined on 3/29/2014Took reservations, Unlike the other Italian restaurant on 73 which had a 2 hour wait Who has that much time? Service was friendly, we were a group of 5 all entree were delicious Dessert was amazing Rum Alaska cake Wow! Great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodrbskfsDined on 3/27/2014My husband & I had a fabulous meal at Avanti Restaurant. He had veal piccati, I had pasta bolognese. The fresh buffalo mozzarella appetizer was fantastic. Great flavors in all our dishes.Special Features:
- Excellent. AgainRobertVIPDined on 3/22/2014We have been here many tines and will return. Great food,environment and service . The Salmon and swordfish special were excellent The service is wonderful, attentive and knowledgable but not overbearing. Resteraunt is full but you can carry on an easy conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointinggoldie23VIPDined on 3/20/2014We went to this restaurant based on the reviews and were very disappointed. From the appetizers to the entrees all choices were bland and just mediocre. Skip it.
- very nice, quality placedaveVIPDined on 3/17/2014we split an appetizer and entree and loved our dessert. great little family place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent1900Dined on 3/15/2014Love this place - was a bit noisy though and the service was not quite as impecable as it could be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italianAlexVIPDined on 3/11/2014we arrived very late 9:45, kitchen closes at 10. Every one was cool and calm, no hurry, and delivered a great slas,calamari and bolagnese with rigatoni, warm bread, good wine selection. Great service A go to placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningFloridaCFODined on 3/11/2014My husband and I were in town for a conference and the bellhop at our hotel recommended Cafe Avanti. We were not disappointed ... Great food, good service and a nice neighborhood atmosphere. We would definitely dine here again if in Miami Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SauceBillyNTinaDined on 3/9/2014If you are looking for a great Italian meal, then here it is. The red sauce along with the rest of the food is fresh and fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurant Best musselsCabigirlDined on 3/6/2014In marina sauce So good we went back next night. If I lived in Miami would be a regularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantAkr700Dined on 3/5/2014Cafe Avanti is a terrific spot to go for lunch or dinner with good food, no loud music and adequate nearby parking. It will be my go-to place for dining with friends and family when I want to dine well and be able to have quiet conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. Very good service.RonCDined on 3/4/2014The service and food were very good. I would give it 4.5 out 5. We had 5 people in our party and everyone was very pleased. They had a very good selection on their menu; something for everyone. I would go there again and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious local spot!MelKDined on 3/2/2014Food was fantastic! Really enjoyed this restaurant. Super close to the Eden Roc and Fountainebleau hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good italian restaurantntrunkDined on 2/23/2014Very good italian restaurant, even for picky appetites. Service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2014Great low key restaurant away from the craziness of Miami. Delicious traditional Italian fare. Lovely wait staff, warm and inviting. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent! GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent! Good service also, I like it. The only thing is that the menu that is online has many more choices and at the restaurant we had half of the online menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avantibluelilDined on 2/14/2014We have dined at Cafe Avanti quite a few times when we have visited Miami. The food has always been very good, as well as the service. This time however, we were not happy. We felt as though we were "unimportant". Not that we want to be treated as celebrities, but we definitely were on the bottom of the priority list. The only thing that we got in a timely manner was water. Tables of two seated at the same time all got their drinks, appetizers, etc. way before us and were gone before we even got our entrees. And, they had the same server. As I mentioned, we have gone there many times before, but we won't be back.
- Great Food but a bit priceyPhilVIPDined on 2/14/2014From the other reviewers we thought that Avanti was a typical neighborhood Itallian bisro- turned out to be a classic Italian Ristorante- complete with the white table cloths and high prices. Although the prices for the entrees were in the $20's -$30's, and the menu -a la carte, ALL of our dishes, whether it was the salman, veal, chicken or Eggplant Rollatini, were all made with excellent ingredients and prepared expertly. We went on Valentines Day and our reservation was honored and our table was at the center of the dining room. This was a very active place last Friday, which made noise level a bit high at the end of the meal, but not overly objectionable. Go here for a special meal for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/31/2014The food was great. Got seated 1 hr after our reservation but they took care of us well as a result.Special Features:
- Not So Great!PamelaVIPDined on 1/31/2014Heard a lot of great reviews went out of way to go here. Server was inattentive, pasta dishes were tasteless. No Parmesan or black pepper offered.Very rushed feeling. Loud boisterous neighborhood restaurant, no convenient parking.Special Features:
- Gem in the neighborhood of M BFENOMENALDined on 1/24/2014A place that you always feel at home, good food, and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice south beach restaurantbertDined on 1/21/2014Very delightful experience. I had visitors from out of the country and needed a nice place to have good food and talk. This was a great place. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.