1800 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeassorti.com/
- Phone: 7034650036
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 7:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Russian, Contemporary European
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: We cater to weddings, corporate lunch events and other special occasions throughout Washington Metro Area. Please call for more information.
- Special Events: We host banquets and special events of up to 80 people seating capacity. Please call for more information.
- Public Transit: Located at even distances from Courthouse and Rosslyn Metro Stations. Closest metro stations: Courthouse Metro Station if traveling on Orange Line from Vienna or Rosslyn Metro Station if traveling on Blue/Orange Lines from Washington D.C. or Blue Line from Franconia-Springfield.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We offer 2 hour free validation parking at Colonial Parking Garage located on N. Pierce street (between Wilson and Clarendon Boulevards). Additional parking available in the building garage on Clarendon Boulevard side, right after the Exxon station.
A word from Cafe Assorti
Cafe Assorti is a fast-casual restaurant featuring homemade food from European, Russian and Kazakh cuisines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Assorti reviews from OpenTable diners
- Came here for lunch w/ myOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/27/2013Came here for lunch w/ my brother since it's down the road from my brother's workplace. It was nice for a quiet lunch. The food was ok; the portions were pretty generous for the price. The service was just ok. When I ordered red wine to go w/ my entree the waiter just told me he'd bring me "his favorite" instead of bringing back the wine menu to let me choose my own wine.Special Features:
- I met a friend at Cafe AssortiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2013I met a friend at Cafe Assorti for breakfast last Friday and was hoping for a cute new tasty breakfast spot. Unfortunately, this was definitely not the case. We had to get up twice to ask for service (once to order and another time to request our check). The food was ok, nothing special, and if you'd like the omelet make sure you request what you'd like in it (my friend ordered the omelet and it was just eggs - the server didn't even think to ask him what he'd like in it). I would not recommend this place and do not plan on visiting again.
- Our Go-To Spot for Russian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013We love Russian food, being Russian in background, and when we want at quick fix without all the work of making it ourselves, we go to Cafe Assorti. The wait staff is always pleasant and accommodating—we've become familiar faces. The only difficulty we have is deciding what and how many to order...I do recommend it.Special Features:
- I have been there before andNataliaVIPDined on 9/26/2012I have been there before and was always wondering why they are so slow. I love the borsch , it is just really super Russian and very delicious. But when I tried some other main courses I had a feeling that they just microwave them before serving. There are particular things that I am ordering out there all the time, but they could be better and should work on the food preparation. I will def return there, not once)))Special Features:
- Service was outstanding. TheyLeoraDined on 8/17/2012Service was outstanding. They didn't hover too much or try to rush you.Special Features:
- The kitchen service was uneven.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2012The kitchen service was uneven. There were five of us and we got our meals at different times. Need to update online menu as it did not match the one we got. Service was very friendly and the desert was great.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our meals,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2012We really enjoyed our meals, especially the beet salad, beef crepes, and Napoleon cake. My vareniki were a little bland. The desserts really looked fabulous and I'm sorry we didn't save enough appetite for more (3 of us shared one). The atmosphere was a little more casual than I expected -- it must be a busy lunch spot -- but it was very attractive. I intend to go back with some friends from out of town who like eastern European food.
- Good FoodArlingtonDined on 6/17/2012Dined on Father's Day Sunday for brunch/early lunch. The food was outstanding. The service was a little slow, but staff were pleasant. Nice portions of very good food in a contemporary atmosphere. I am surprised that this place wasn't more full with people.Special Features:
- didn't realize the menu wasSpaGirl54VIPDined on 5/30/2012didn't realize the menu was mostly russian, central asia. Not my taste but it was good. However, the Napolean cake was incredible, and coffee very good. I'd come back for dessert and coffee, and breakfast. It was freezing in there too!Special Features:
- Unfortunately, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Unfortunately, the service was so horrible we decided to leave the restaurant.
- Casual athmosphere, at firstMariDined on 5/13/2012Casual athmosphere, at first they didn't seem to be appropriately staffed for the number of diners. However once the initial confusion was over, service was good, and food was great. My kids were disappointed that the smoothie machine was not working that day, but they were very satisfied with their food choices. Good value for the money. The bakery is amazing, glad we bought a slice of cake to take home!Special Features:
- Great Russian/Central Asian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Cafe Assorti offers fantastic Russian and Central Asian food in a relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere. The menu is absolutely authentic and everything is prepared with high-quality ingredients. Cafe Assorti's large bakery offers savory and sweet treats from across the former Soviet Union. The plov, a central Asian rice dish, the manti, steamed dumplings, and the vareniki, small potato pouches, are particularly excellent. And of course, don't forget to keep the chai (tea) flowing!Special Features:
- Fresh baked goodies, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012Fresh baked goodies, excellent coffee, friendly service made this a pleasant experience. What a surprise that there were almost no other patrons.Special Features:
- Atmosphere's quiet and nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2012Atmosphere's quiet and nice, pastries were badly reheated (probably microwaved) and tasted nasty, cabbage roll was okay but the beef was under seasoned, the beet salad was garlicky and tasty, the crepes has a not-so-fresh oily flavor, but the jam that came with the crepe was good.
- the place was so noisy--clashingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012the place was so noisy--clashing dishes in the kithchen, not from patrons (there were NONE) that we did not stay. Very unsatisfactory atmosphere
- Good value for the money.Lampedusa7990VIPDined on 3/14/2012Good value for the money. Generous pours on the glasses of wine. Reasonably priced glasses of wine. Entrees and desserts were both good. We will return.
- Friendly service, unique cuisinetermieVIPDined on 3/3/2012Wanted something a little different, and Cafe Assorti is it. The cuisine is Kazakh/Russian, and most of the employees are Kazakh. They couldn't have been friendlier or happier to tell us about their cuisine. We had borsch, a simple salad, and potato and cabbage dumplings. We had actually ordered vegetable dumplings but they ran out, and offered a double order of the other dumplings instead. The problem that night was there was a private party in the main room of the restaurant, and the music was as loud as a dance club. We moved all the way to the other end of the restaurant but it was still very loud. Before making reservations, I'd make sure they don't have a private party the night you're going. At least they offered us free dessert!
- Excellent food!!! FabulousAuntieBeeVIPDined on 2/10/2012Excellent food!!! Fabulous service!!! A real find!Special Features:
- Bright decor and unique menuhettyleeVIPDined on 1/11/2012Bright decor and unique menu make this a place worth visiting at least once. The atmosphere is inviting but more like an upscale cafeteria. They had high chairs for kids. If you are looking for traditional beef stroganoff, be sure to order the accompanying noodles (and not the rice or fries).Special Features:
- Good --- much potential.rharrisjrDined on 1/10/2012Wine list was outstanding. Happy hour 1/2 price till 7:00 is nice. Food was good with great potential. Beef strogonoff tasty, but not hot. Mixed veggies looked from a can. Mashed potatoes nothing special. Dumplings very good. Napolean cake dessert very disappointing -- dry, not much taste. Other desserts looks more promising. Will definitely give it another try.Special Features:
- Eastern European FlairOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2012Interesting menu choices - Russian, Eastern European - savory crepes were wonderful. Very good dessert options as there is an onsite bakery.Special Features:
- My favorite place to go forOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/16/2011My favorite place to go for Russian/Eastern European food. It's also the only place that has the closest thing to actual Dort Medovnik, or honey cake. Everything I've had there is good.Special Features:
- A quiet restaurant, that,portsnhmanVIPDined on 12/10/2011A quiet restaurant, that, inexplicably, had some of the slowest service I've ever experienced. The beet salad is a MUST. And, I would recommend using the heat...it was freezing in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Message for Open Table--ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011Message for Open Table--our res. with you indicated one in the party uses a wheelchair. Getting a place near the restaurant for this guest to safely leave the car and then get into the restaurant was a REAL CHALLENGE. Nothing on the website about parking details, except a photo w. arrow pointing to a parking lot actually not there due to construction! We found a tiny space in front but the car was partly in the traffic lane--didn't like this at all. Later we learned there were a few spaces for guests in a lot about a block away. Why not put concise, current parking info--incl. handicapped parking info--on the website and also have Open Table indicate same when reservation is made??? This is why we only gave the cafe a 'good' rating.Special Features:
- Not fancy, but very comfortable.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/26/2011Not fancy, but very comfortable. Food was excellent and just what we wree looking for. Would have been even happier with more Central European offerings. Good place to go for informal get-together with friends!Special Features:
- Had dinner with a small groupckinnovaDined on 11/26/2011Had dinner with a small group for the second time. Everyone loved their meal! Interesting food and preparation. Tastes that delight! Borsch was delicious! The Beef Stroganoff was delightful and not at all heavy as I remember it. And the pastries! What a choice! I'll go again and highly recommend this treasure of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Give it a TryLowellDined on 11/4/2011Interesting menu here, worth checking this place out. The Borscht was very flavorful, if a bit watery for some tastes. Manti dumplings are highly recommended--delicious beef, light pastry, and delicious sauce options (they bring both with hour order). The cabbage rolls were also excellent, generously sized and stuffed with good ingredients. The small pastries (15 small, we think they were called palmetti) were disappointing. Small and dry...we had to ask for sauce, which helped, but still not a good choice. Desserts were fantastic...you pick from the bakery display, and the honey cake, almond cake, and truffle cake were all superb; yummy but not too sweet. Small crowd on a Friday night--but authentic, mostly Russian! Worth a look.Special Features:
- Largely unique Eastern EuropeanMarkVIPDined on 7/9/2011Largely unique Eastern European dishes, quality ingredients, excellent service, and great value!Special Features:
- Took too long to get service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011Took too long to get service. Food was tasty and interesting, but not high quality.Special Features: