107 East Trenton Ave
Morrisville, PA 19067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeantonio.com/index.htm
- Phone: (215) 428-1733
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from cafe antonio
cafe antonio is a home-style Italian BYOB located in Morrisville, PA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
cafe antonio - Best Restaurants in Morrisville ›
cafe antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (15)good for groups (15)romantic (8)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/21/2014Had two of the dinner specials - one filet mignon, one with seafood and house made pasta. Both delicious. With house salads and fresh warm bread, a delicious meal. Love that its byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look ForwardFranSVIPDined on 11/20/2014We always llok forward to our visit to Cafe Antonio, the food is always outstanding, service is second to none and the management (Maurice) is always a pleasure to talk to. As stated looking forward to many returns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for ending a long weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Food was great, staff very attentive & kind and a BYO. Always wanted to try & it didn't disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go4DinnerGo4DinnerDined on 11/1/2014We love Cafe Antonio! The food and service is always excellent. We rarely order from the menu because the specials are always so good. We dine there at least once a month.Special Features:
- mct1227VIPDined on 10/31/2014Restaurant's Special of the evening not so special. I ordered the filet and lobster, the lobster was suppose to be 4 oz. it had to be less than that, should have been described as 4 bites. I mentioned to my waitress the small size of the lobster when she brought our dinner, she just said sorry you are not happy with your choice, end of story. She had attitude after that, will not be back, many other restaurants to choose from.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014The dining room can be loud, but I've never had a bad meal here. The food is consistently good. For this trip, went with two specials. The lamb chop special was delicious! The seafood pasta special was also quite good - shrimp and scallops cooked just right, with spinach, crabmeat, tomatoes in garlic white wine sauce. I just ate the seafood and brought home the pasta part as leftovers for a huge lunch.Special Features:
- reviewDined on 10/24/2014Food here never disappoints. Service is top notch. Will be back.Special Features:
- reviewDined on 10/18/2014first time with friends and the food was delicious....very attentive servers, hosts and hostesses...will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian Restaurant11191977Dined on 9/28/2014We recently enjoyed an amazing Italian dinner in this beautiful restaurant. The beautiful murals, niches, tiled floors, fabric ceilings, and overall warm and inviting atmosphere makes you feel like you are in Italy. The hostess was welcoming and warm. She went so far as to give us a tour when we were leaving. Our server, Diego was courteous, friendly, professional. Warm, delicious, bread along with a crisp, fresh salad was served. The house balsamic dressing is wonderful. We ordered lasagna, and cavatelli pomodoro. Both entrées were outstanding. The portions are so large that it seemed like everyone was taking some home. This, along with the fact that it is a BYOB makes it a great value A pizzeria is attached to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place - As usualLeonDined on 9/27/2014Warm & friendly atmosphere with very attentive service.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014The food is great and the chef's special desert was excellent!Special Features:
- Good but Several MishapsGastroGossipDined on 9/12/2014Though the food was good with many delicious sounding choices on the menu, and the atmosphere was charming Italian, the pork chop ordered medium rare arrived well done. The waitress was lovely, but she gave two of us one another's dinners. We easily switched, but only after the waitress had sprinkled excessive pepper on one of the dinners, as requested. This left me with the heavily peppered chicken dish which I couldn't eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceLeonDined on 9/6/2014My guest has a difficult time with allergies. The staff & owner were overly attentive to her requests. The made our evening stress free & enjoyable. Yes, we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrationJillVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our group was celebrating birthdays. We requested a table in back of the dining room which we received. It was a very busy night so although the food was excellent our waitress did her best to provide prompt service. Overall, we were very satisfied with our event. The only negative was excessive noise - we could not have conversation without speaking very loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlsnight DinnerLoveFoodDined on 9/4/2014I went to café antonios for a group gathering of friends from high school. Everyone enjoyed the ambience and the menu options. We did have to wait a little while for our food and it wasn't too crowded but once the food came it was AMAZING. Everyone ordered something different from chicken to eggplant to pasta and no one had a complaint. Prices are reasonable and it is BYOB!Special Features:
- Food is consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is always good. Love the salad included with the entree and warm bread. Seafood pasta purses is one of my favorites - scallops & shrimp perfectly cooked. Service is spotty - had to ask for ice bucket for our bottle of Prosecco.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the cafe antonio reviews archive.
- Love this place!HLTB214VIPDined on 7/25/2014Dinner as always was excellent. The appetizer special mushrooms and crepes were outstanding.Special Features:
- ReliableFranSVIPDined on 7/19/2014Been here too many time to count, and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDMS1Dined on 7/4/2014The food is consistently excellent at Café Antonio. The owner and the general manager go out of their way to make sure you have a great experience at their restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodlunchmavenDined on 7/2/2014Working lunch. Lunch for most was good, but my scallop dish was undercooked and somewhat tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable mealgoodeaterDined on 6/20/2014Our dining party had four different entrees, one appetizer, two desserts and every one was a winner. Upon arrival we were seated promptly and service was friendly and attentive. Love that it's a BYOB. This was my fourth time dining at Café Antonio and I have been more than satisfied every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingRosieVIPDined on 6/20/2014We dined at Cafe Antonio for a special family birthday. Servers were friendly and helpful as always. The manager, Maurice, was attentive and overseeing all operations. Antonio Trio appetizer with calamari and clams was fresh and succulent and sufficient for the three of us to share. Lobster special with seafood risotto had a very substantial 7 oz. tail and was totally outstanding. Two of us ordered the Chicken Florentine, an old favorite, which was done to perfection. We finished our meal with the Spumoni Bomba and cappuccinos as well as a small chocolate molten cake, compliments of the house served by a singing retinue of servers and manager. A fabulous dining experience from start to finish! Always outstanding for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Sliding downMarmaeDined on 6/6/2014We've been coming here for years, but we won't be back. The veal chop was like leather. The crab cakes had increased filler, and everyone's potatoes were overly salted. They would only cook the pork chop well done which toughens the meat and is old fashioned. They pour way too much sauce on their fish. Nice owner, but something's not clicking anymore.
- Doesn't disappointvogueanddogueDined on 6/4/2014I have eaten here many times...and it is always good. This time, however, the service was lacking. Maybe our waiter was new? He was not attentive, and my party could never find him when we needed something. He also brought me the wrong dessert. (It was actually brought by someone else...Where did he go?) Other than that...our experience was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatFranSVIPDined on 5/31/2014I have never been disappointed with anything at Antonios; from the time you walk in, til you finish the last bite, this restaurant is second to none. I look forward too many happy returns; starting in the near future. I also give kudo's to all the staff there, it is a pleasure seeing you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out!Love2eatDined on 5/24/2014Café Antonio is great local restaurant! We have been their many times and the food is always superb! Great specials and not your typical lasagna and pizza restaurant. From seafood to steaks to great Italian fare, you will not be disappointed. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014We had a lovely dinner served by a charming waitress and wait staff. An enjoyable evening that we will repeat.Special Features:
- Always tasty!HLTB214VIPDined on 5/9/2014This is our favorite place for Friday night dinner. Food is always amazingly mouth watering good and the wonderful staff makes every guest feel at home. You can't go wrong at Cafe AntonioSpecial Features:
- windyjjVIPDined on 5/4/2014Food was good. Shrimp cocktail with crab and avocado was superb.Special Features:
- As always a fabulous experienceHLTB214VIPDined on 4/25/2014The specials were outstanding! The best tuna tartare yet. Homemade tagliatelle in the scallops and lobster special made for a wonderful flavor. Great food, ambiance and evening. We'll be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2014We have been going to café Antonio's for years the food is very good. The have a great spaghetti and the Veal dishes are some of our favorites! We had a large birthday group and the extra treats they sent were appreciated. When the room is full the noise level is high but we enjoy the energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night?JAStudiosVIPDined on 4/13/2014Served a stale loaf of bread. We ordered a Caesar salad, And a Baby spinach salad . I asked for no roasted walnuts and blue cheese dressing instead of the vinaigrette on my Spiniach Salad. 28 minutes later our salads arrived, despite being the only patrons in the place. we were left wanting refills on water and ice tea, always having to flag a staff member. My Spiniach salad arrived with a generous portion of blue cheese dressing on top, in fact enough to hide the the walnuts a vinaigrette dressing below it. When I brought to our servers attention, she offered to replace it. But being late and fearing another 20 min wait, I optioned out. Our experience tonight was a stark, unsettling and unfortunate compared to our previous visits.
- Very GoodwhyyDined on 3/29/2014We eat at Café Antonio all the time. Since it is just a short distance from home it is a great place for take out.Special Features:
- Thoughtful service, great foodDaveDined on 3/26/2014Apparently, I had included that we were celebrating an anniversary when I made this reservation on OpenTable about a month in advance (even though I DON'T remember doing so but how else would they have known??) because, to our surprise, our server came out with a nice chocolate cake after our meal. The service was generally terrific but that stood out the most. We were more than satisfied with our food, as well. When I received the asparagus and seafood special I ordered, the first thing I wondered was if they were LOSING money on the item by offering so much seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!HLTB214VIPDined on 3/14/2014Great food, friendly environment... keeps us always coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below AverageBarbaraVIPDined on 3/8/2014I visited Cafe Antonio for the second time this weekend. The first experience was not very good but we gave them a second chance. We waited a long time for a table. They do not have a large area to wait or seating while waiting. The service was average but the food was below average. They served scallops with my fish entree that appeared to be boiled and raw. I sent them back to be cooked longer. When they returned they looked like they were microwaved. We will not come back. There are much better BYOBs in Newtown.
- Awesome as UsualFranSVIPDined on 3/6/2014I tried the Baramundi, it was incredible, thanks 'Elias' for the recommendation. I have never had a disappointing meal at this establishment, keep up the good work.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service is what stands out!JAStudiosVIPDined on 3/6/2014What a great place! We were really impressed by the service here, and the food. Diego, our server, prompt professional and delivered a well paced meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, bad presentationJmanDined on 3/3/2014I had a cup of the soup of the day, which was some sort of Creole soup. It was fabulous! Ordered the linguine with clams in a white wine sauce. This was where the experience became a little lackluster. The linguine came out with about six clams in the shell and a bunch of clam meat (the sort that comes in the canned clam chowder soup) piled high onto the pasta. I asked the waitress if this was meat from a giant clam, and she laughed (thinking I was joking) and said that it was just chopped meat from clams that the chef had taken out of the shell because they took up to much room in the bowl. I was skeptical, so although I had a bite or two of the chopped clam meat, most was left in the bowl. The pasta, however, was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFranSVIPDined on 2/22/2014We have visited Cafe Antonio umpteen time, and have never been disappointed. The food is consistently outstanding; as is the service and the atmosphere. You feel welcomed from the moment you arrive, til the time you leave, and you will be satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.