1371 main street
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeamicisrq.com/
- Phone: 9419516896x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can arrange catering up to 100 people.
- Private Party Facilities: The private room can accommodate up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo 9419142679x
A word from Cafe Amici
Cafe Amici is a traditional Italian cuisine, we offer extensive menu, you will enjoy dish from Puglia, Veneto, Tuscany and the Mediterranean shores. There is an eight seat bar with 20 wines by the glass, 120 bottle of wines from all over the world, wine vintage from 1964 thru 2010.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Amici reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (4)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great night outWineguy920VIPDined on 7/11/2014We were greeted at the door and our visit was the best. From the service to the food we all enjoyed everything. We will return as soon as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair foodMammaMiaVIPDined on 7/7/2014Nothing to rave about. The eggplant was mushy in the eggplant parmesan. Was dissatisfied
- Best Italian Food in SarasotaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2014We have been coming to Amici for years, great vibe, feels like you are in Italy! Food is always great, especially the Bolonese!! Will be back many times!
- The following 12 reviews are from the Cafe Amici reviews archive.
- Not so great.BhamladyVIPDined on 4/30/2014We were the only ones in the restaurant on a Wednesday night at 8:00 pm. That should have told us something. The pesto pasta with chicken was okay - I've made better at home. My husband had the house speciality - Osso Buco, but found it dry and with no flavor. Couldn't recommend it and will not be back. Not sure how the other reviewers were able to give such great reviews.
- A little Italia in sarasotaItaliangirlDined on 4/19/2014Authentic Italian entrees all freshly prepared. Wines are from owners hometown region of Italy, fantastic burrata fresh and homemade, Osso bucco is incredible flavoring and tenderness, fresh fish Mediterranean style, great ending with homemade strawberry savignone, and delicious lemoncello! Our favorite Italian experience we go every visit to sarasota!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseCustomerDined on 3/14/2014Met friends at Café Amici on the recommendation of our neighbor. Went for 6:30 reservations, before the rush started. Greeted warmly. Seated right away. Server was a character, but made it fun. Nice wine list. Delicious salads, very good fresh fish. Pasta was nice. Mine could've been a little hotter, so I sent it back to get reheated. Decent prices. Low-key as far as I'm concerned. And will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great.BuddyDined on 3/7/2014This was my second visit since I thought I would give it another chance after a poor first visit. Service was very slow. They just do not have enough wait staff to handle the tables. We had a 7:00 reservation for both visits and a performance at a close by theater for 9:00 pm. We had to leave via the back door through the kitchen in order to get to the theater performance as the actors were taking the stage. This is a restaurant that you only need to go to if you have nothing else planned for the evening. Out waitress only came back to the table one time during the meal. The manager or owner took our drink order after we had been seated for some time. We had to flag down people several times for water, bread, etc. before we got our meal.
- Amici never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/6/2014ive been coming here for a few years and this italian restaurant is the real deal. Outstanding food and the best italian wines. Ask Massimo for any special wines , he almost always has some gems that are not on the wine list. Last week my wife and i took my daughter and two friends who were on spring break from Villanova. We ate at the bar and watched the basketball game. loved the sauteed spinach appetizer and veal milanese. Best pasta in sarasota. Great service by Barbara behind the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbjam52Dined on 3/5/2014Excellent food and impeccable service. We have traveled several times to Italy, and the food here rivals authentic Italian cuisine, especially in the region of Puglia. We visited twice during our stay in Sarasota. Highly recommended and not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Italian gembevangDined on 3/5/2014Great restaurant with wonderful service. The food presentation was good and the meals were delicious. I had the salmon and my husband had the frutte di mare. Everyone was very accommodating and the ambience was lovely.Special Features:
- meat was rawOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband loved his Rack of lamb but my veal chop was raw.... Couldn't even cut it with the steak knife offered.. just kept sawing away at raw meat sliding around the plate.
- Wonderful food and ambiancesallyddVIPDined on 2/7/2014Enjoyed a delightful meal here on a recent visit. The wine list was extensive, with some nice ½ bottle offerings. The caprese salad was outstanding. The bread they serve is OK, but when grilled to accompany the salad it becomes divine. The homemade pasta was delicious as well. We had a nice little table up front, which was a bit secluded. The service was just OK...very, very slow on the bread delivery (was mentioned twice before it arrived) and refiling of the water. We were never offered coffee or dessert, which is a big no-no in my opinion. We'd go back for sure...and hope for another waitress.
- Would definitely return whenJanhDined on 1/24/2014Would definitely return when we are in the area. Server's suggestions were very good and helpful.Special Features:
- Maximo and his group reallyDaveDined on 1/24/2014Maximo and his group really are service oriented. From the food preparation and presentation to service at its best. We dine there at least once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I know it was NYE-- one night to not frequent a restaurant, but we had a large party--13 people and it was 6pm-- early seating. My hopes were high. Good 'big city' ambience. Very comfortable. The food was lukewarm at best and very overpriced. I was disappointed and will not be visiting again. My lobster pasta included one piece of edible seafood and the pasta barely warm. My party ordered two lava cakes for dessert--one was missing the lava. I will say, they had a good wine list.