276 Main St
Beacon, NY 12508Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeamarcord.com/
- Phone: 8454400050
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rifo Murtovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Amarcord
Whether it’s a day at the Dia Museum, or shopping the unique shops in Beacon, or hiking in the Highlands, or maybe you're visiting Beacon's Second Saturday, or perhaps a day spent at the Beacon waterfront - enjoy fine Hudson Valley dining at Café Amarcord in the Dutchess County revival City of Beacon. Off street parking and an outdoor patio for warm weather dining. Café Amarcord's warm comfortable decor and delightful food awaits your discovery. We serve late, till 11pm Friday and Saturday, so pull up to the glow of our Onyx topped bar and make yourselves at home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Amarcord reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (13)romantic (8)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good choiceNJdinerDined on 8/28/2014Tried this based on Zagat ratings and were not disappointed. We had 2 excellent appetizers and fish entrees.Special Features:
- Beacon Saturday NightBkchowDined on 8/23/2014Very enjoyable meal. My wife had the branzino and I had the special which was a Berkshire pork shank with polenta and porcini mushrooms, which I found delicious. This was my first time in Beacon and I would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful lunchLevy4njDined on 8/23/2014We needed to find a place to meet our daughter who lives in CT (we in NJ) for her birthday lunch. We found Amarcard. It was wonderful! My husbands muscles in broth was the best he's had. His parpadelle pasta was addictive. My endive salad with beets was refreshing and the penne in lamb ragu was rich and delicious! My daughters beet and feta salad was beautiful and delicious as well. She had the salted caramel chocolate cake with ice cream. She enjoyed every bite! We can't wait to have a reason to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeluvniceplacesDined on 8/14/2014I took my friend there for birthday. i have been there before. she is a foodie and loved it. we sat at a table by window/french doors that open up in nice weather. The menu is not run of the mill. nice wine selection. good food. Great atmosphere. outdoor dining as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully suprisedFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Every aspect of the evening was perfect. The service people were courteous, the food was terrific and the atmosphere although energetic was able to hold pleasant conversation at the table.Special Features:
- DpdemDined on 7/15/2014Red snapper special was very good; Whole snapper filleted with caper beurre butter sauce. My wife's gnocci were rather mushy. Drinks and apps were great. We told waitress about the gnocci and were comped dessert. Very nice over all. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCherpDined on 7/12/2014Five of us had appetizers and entrees, and all of us were very happy with our selections. The green beans in tempura are sinful! Try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must experienceDrofproductDined on 7/4/2014The food is delicious; seasonal and fresh. The wait staff is so accomadating and courteous. I love this restaurant, never had a bad meal. Highly recommend for lunch and dinner. Excellent choice of wine and beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 yearTonythefishDined on 6/21/2014Great time for our 15 year anaversary . Food,drink and service was great.Special Features:
- Very nice Mothers Day dinnerchetpDined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent, tender steak with nice Madera sauce. Very good cavatelli with sausage, and rabbit. Soups were delicious (and hot!). Our server was a little inexperienced but enthusiastic. Everyone was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Cafe Amarcord reviews archive.
- Just rightJillP3Dined on 4/12/2014First time there this past Saturday night. Great service from Nicole, food was excellent, romantic enough with the dim lighting but not overly done or trying too hard. The place was just right in venue size, food portions and price. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Beacon gemSaraVIPDined on 4/11/2014Unexpectedly wonderful food - long and sophisticated menu that focused on interesting and flavorful seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant. MenuwestchesterfoodieVIPDined on 4/3/2014Charming restaurant. Menu was creative. Food delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchFedericoDined on 3/28/2014Creative menu, good food and service, quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best In BeaconOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014I always make a point to eat at Café Amarcord Staff and food is the Best !! I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Horrible servicefoodie88VIPDined on 2/22/2014We went to Café Amarcord for dinner on a Saturday night prior to an 8:30 concert in Beacon. Our reservation was for 7:00 pm and we were on time and were seated immediately. We were given a menu for drinks and were not given food menus until after we had ordered drinks. By the time we were given our food menus, it was 7:30, and the waiter did not return to take our order until 7:38. I told the waiter that we had an 8:30 concert and that we had to leave the restaurant by 8:20. To make a long story short, despite my frequent pleading to bring our food, it did not arrive until 8:20. We spent 3 minutes eating a portion of our meal and had to take the rest home. They did manage to bring the check quickly. Clearly, getting paid was high priority.
- Diamond on Main Street in Beacon-NYDonDonDined on 2/16/2014A great find in a quaint little town along the Hudson River.Special Features:
- Simply the best in areaNancyDined on 2/16/2014Amarcord has fabulous food, creative & surprising specials, and great wines. Look no further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All AroundLisaAnneDined on 2/16/2014This was my second visit to Cafe Amacord. Our party of three were immediately attented to from the moment we arrived. The wine/beer/cocktail selections were very good. I ordered a margarita st. rita, a drink I really enjoyed on my first visit there. We ordered 3 appetizers: burrata w/ quail's eggs, green bean tempura, and a special berkshire pork dish. All were delicious but our most enjoyed dish was the green bean tempura! Entrees were excellent. We ordered home made fettuccini with shrimp and serrano ham, pappardelle with black pepper ricotta and a perfectly cooked sea bass special. The food was cooked to perfection, generous portions which made for some take home. Good service, warm and cozy, great lighting! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Under Ratedeli12VIPDined on 2/14/2014This was my 4th trip back to Amarcord, and each time the food is outstanding. What a great local sleeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real sleepereli12VIPDined on 1/18/2014Simply not receiving the notoriety it is due!! Great meal, wonderfully attentive servers, and a great value.Special Features:
- Vibrant part of the Beacon sceneitsthateasy5813Dined on 1/11/2014From start to finish a great place for food & drinks or just to hang out at the cozy bar. BEWARE the unknown to us ** 2nd Saturday** madness re long wait to be seated. Even with phone and Open Table reservations we waited half an hour plus to be seated. Friendly bartender & great cocktails made the wait bearable. After seating we were served in short order but probably more to the fact that it was now 10pm and other patrons were leaving. We ended up closing the place and enjoyed the overall experience from drinks to food. All well prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so muchrup100Dined on 12/31/2013We did not enjoy New Year's Eve at Amarcord. There was no NYE ambiance, no "Happy New Year!" We felt if they didn't know you, they didn't care. The bread was stale and it took 10 minutes to get a menu. The wine list: meh. My tartare was good,but again, the bread accompanying it was stale and skimpy. My husband's entree, pasta with lobster diablo was so spicy that any lobster flavor was lost. My trout was drowning in butter and topped with a few over-cooked beans. And the final tab was nearly $200. Had it been a wonderful meal, we would have happily spent it but it was too much money for too mediocre food. A comfortable place for old townies but not foodies. A decent place to sit at the bar and have a drink before eating elsewhere.
- If you are a NY'er you will LOVEMagical724Dined on 12/21/2013On a little journey upstate to get out of the city for the weekend we were told to come here for an amazing meal and boy were we satisfied! The service was fantastic, the atmosphere was divine and the food rivaled that of high end foodie favorites in Manhattan. We had the endive salad, the gnocchi and the outrageously delish veal chop! I highly recommend Cafe Amarcord!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable and creativeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2013Had grilled octupus, burrata with quail's-egg, and wild boar. All flavorful and different items than usual fare in this area. The meal was enjoyable and I'm be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the GirlsAnniversarycoupleDined on 11/16/2013It was a pleasure once again eating at Café Amarcord. The food and service were excellent as always. Made our girls day out in Beacon extra special.Special Features:
- Good food but not on the cheap sideBeaconYuppiesDined on 11/10/2013A group of us went here for dinner for the first time. We were all pleasantly surprised by how good the food was (except for a bland carrot ginger soup) and the decor although the place could've had a bit more ambiance, it was a little too quiet and in need of some cool, louder music. We we also less than impressed by our forgetful waitress and enormous bill! But in the end, in my opinion, the food is most important and that really was very good and the staff was nice (although forgetful) so i do recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large GroupAnniversarycoupleDined on 11/9/2013Thank you so much for fitting 6 more people in the night before the reservation. We had an AWESOME experience. This is our third time in as many weeks at Amarcord and we can't recommend it enough!!! We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyon in our party for 8OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/2/2013Everyon in our party for 8 was very satisfied with their meal and service. The linguine with lobster was very good and very fairly priced. All of the daily specials were very interesting and not what I would have expected from a restaurant on Moin Street in Beacon New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orata and morehavilmDined on 10/27/2013I ordered the special for the evening: orata. It arrived perfectly fileted and nicely presented, with no hint of even a tiny bone. My husband's beef filet was at least two inches thick and cooked to perfection. Our male server was congenial and well versed in the wines, not too friendly but just the right degree of conversation. Ambience was fine but not exceptional - certainly the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Neighborhood findAnniversarycoupleDined on 10/26/2013This is an excellent restaurant. Definitely make reservations. The service is outstanding. It was my sister's birthday, I called just an hour in advance to inquire about a dessert to be brought to the table to sing to her, our waiter recommended a Chocolate Carmel soufflé, which was incredible. The wine was very good, we all ordered specials which were varied and wonderful and not overpriced. We will be back and will totally recommend to friends. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amarcord provides very freshMJ0802Dined on 10/13/2013Amarcord provides very fresh innovative cuisine. Everything was delicious. Thy the mushroom soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice ambience...Bar andCornwallVIPDined on 10/11/2013Very nice ambience...Bar and waitress staff very good, but , long wait for food from kitchen.Special Features:
- great anniversay dinnerEZMikeDined on 9/28/2013A wonderful and enjoyable dinner with my lovely wife for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Cafe Armacord has become aJALLVIPDined on 9/27/2013Cafe Armacord has become a go-to favorite; consistently great food and service - a rare and much appreciated combination.Special Features:
- We went there for lunch andtonitravelVIPDined on 9/13/2013We went there for lunch and was surprised how empty it was. We had delicious steak sandwiches with a salad and French fries. The service was great as was the wine. If you go to the Dia in Beacon, Amarcord is a very good choice for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Town GemMMackDined on 9/12/2013Comfortable decor, outstanding service and excellent food. Definitely will return to this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublimeLocalDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2013We were in Beacon for a wedding over Labor Day and, based on e-research, 5 family members went to Café Amarcord for dinner. What a find. Unprepossessing from the outside, Amarcord provided outstanding plates with delicious blends of flavors, perfectly cooked with a focus on healthy, local fare. Don't be discouraged by their relatively small menu on-line. They offer many appetizers and entrées as specials and the pasta meals are available as half-orders. The desserts were delightful, too. We wish we lived in the area so we could go back a few more times to order all the things we didn't get this time around that sounded so good. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and comfortablePKmdDined on 8/14/2013This was the second visit to Cafe Amarcord. The first, a year earlier. Both times, the menu was very exciting, varied and unusual. Since there were few diners, it's hard to evaluate what service and noise level would be on a busy evening, but in this case both were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a find in BeaconnyladyDined on 7/5/2013We didn't expect to find such good food during a 4th of July outing to Beacon, but Cafe Amarcord came through. After a day of hiking and then Dia, this dinner capped off a perfect day. We had a wonderful pasta dish, a special that night, made with ground venison- absolutely delicious. The service was a bit slow, but the ambiance was nice and it wasn't too noisy. Overall, outstanding,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.