10,000 Beach Club Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kingstonplantation.com/dining/#amalfi
- Phone: 843-692-3145
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Seasonally; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Peter Gennaro III
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe Amalfi
Airy and romantic, Cafe Amalfi offers casual fine dining and a spectacular view of the Atlantic Ocean. An extensive menu includes seafood, steaks and salads. Cafe offers breakfast and dinner from May through October, and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner from November through April. The restaurant boasts a private dining room available for groups of 10-20 people by reservation only. For more information on private dining please call (843)692-3145Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Amalfi reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (23)romantic (15)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- RobertRobertDined on 9/8/2014A most enjoyable dinng experience, enjoyed by all, with one exception. There was an issue with preparing a "black and blue" steak which was promptly resolved. by the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, ok foodNeed2RetireDined on 9/3/2014If you go to Amalfi, expect a beautiful ocean view (although they could have cleaner windows). If you get George as your server, expect some of the best service you will ever find at any restaurant, no matter how nice the establishment. But look over the menu before you go and be sure there is something on it that you are pretty sure you'll like. Our food was only acceptable, and although the prices are not outlandish, the value for the food received is poor. On the date of our visit, George was the only server in the place. He must have had close to 20 tables, yet still was able to give great service. Since my wife and son both have restaurant serving experience, I can assure you that we were watching a Maestro at work.Special Features:
- Perfect view!lowta27Dined on 8/30/2014We were looking for a place with great food as well as a view of the ocean, and Cafe Amalfi had both! The restaurant was not too crowded, and we enjoyed a window seat with a view over the pools to the ocean. Very pleasant wait staff and hostess. Excellent seafood risotto, perfectly cooked, as well as a great whole wheat primavera. Our valet parking ticket was stamped so there was no charge for parking. Great evening!Special Features:
- somewhat dissapointedmyrtle300Dined on 8/30/2014my steak was really overlooked and so was my wife's prime rib the hostess was wonderful lady and the marines were good but the food needs work. Especially with all available options at Myrtle beachSpecial Features:
- Just ok...MillahJayDined on 8/28/2014I wasn't that enthused with the location or the food. However, the service was excellent! With all of the great places to eat in myrtle beach, I would not recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- What a view!LoveRTCVIPDined on 8/8/2014The view is absolutely fantastic...direct ocean front! The food was very good too. The portions are very generous, so consider splitting appetizers and salads, or you won't have room for your entrée. A wonderful find at the beach!Special Features:
- Not Great!FoodieDined on 8/5/2014The service was wonderful. My husband & I went for our anniversary he ordered the chicken and it along w sides was very good. Mine in the other hand, was not cooked properly. I ordered the prime rib, med rare & was informed that it was sliced & place in the au jus to warm it...not a good idea! They tried a second time & it was still overdone. The waitress was very kind. & accommodating & ended up picking up the tab. We will give them one more try & order diff items. & see how it goes!Special Features:
- Ange44Dined on 8/4/2014Would highly recommend Cafe Almalfi, we have had breakfast and dinner there and they both were fantasticSpecial Features:
- Nice Dinnerosfan24Dined on 7/24/2014Been here twice. Value is good for the quality of the food, and the view is spectacular. Never have a problem getting a reservation, which makes it a great backup choice when vacationing in Myrtle Beach if you need to make last-second dinner plans. I wouldn't usually dine at a hotel restaurant, especially one I'm not staying in, but this place is solid. Service was very good after a bit of a wait when we arrived.Special Features:
- Good lunchdiamondgroupVIPDined on 7/22/2014We had our annual 'girls lunch' there thus year because it was one of the few places where they had a view of the ocean. The decor was not what I expected for a Hilton but the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; great viewGoodfoodDined on 7/16/2014Cafe Amalfi provides a pleasant experience- it's nice enough for a special occasion, yet casual enough for drop-by dining. The view of the ocean is great and the food is delicious. Presentation of the food should also be noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood Risotto~lovely settingluvseafoodDined on 7/13/2014We can walk to Cafe Amalfi from Kingston Plantation. I especially enjoy the Seafood Risotto which has 3 sea scallops, 3 large shrimp, and clams cooked to perfection and is more than enough. All dinners come with a nice size baby greens salad and crusty delicous bread. There are vegetarian items on the menu which we have ordered in the past and enjoyed. Desserts looked delicious, but we did not partake. 8 tables were being served on this weekend evening and tables are separated enough so you feel special with that wonderful ocean view. The staff was excellent and our reservation was handled with special care. George was our server and he always makes dining out a delight, with his perfect timing and professionalism.Special Features:
- Tremendous food and serviceSeniorTravelerDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I ate here during a trip to Myrtle Beach. It is a little expensive but well worth it. The service was always quick and efficient. The food was outstanding. We chatted with the chefs and watched our food being prepared. Amazing sauces. We will return on our next trip to the beach,Special Features:
- Still has itXxkmoorexxDined on 7/5/2014We last visited cafe Amalfi in 2012 for a wedding. It was the best food we had on our trip! We recently went back fourth of July weekend and it was just as good as we remembered! Delicious food and kid friendly options for our whole family. Don't miss this hidden gem!Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/5/2014Helen is my wife. It was her 82nd birthday celebration. I noted that in my online reservation, but that notation got lost in the shuffle. I mentioned her birthday to the waiter (Ryan), but it also got lost in the shuffle. When we left, I mentioned my wife's 82nd birthday to the hostess and she said that it wasn't on the reservation and she was sorry for the mistake. We will be back for a 2nd chance.Special Features:
- Ocean viewShopping1223Dined on 7/2/2014Excellent, very friendly and professional service, good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for dinner with a viewtreyz3Dined on 7/2/2014We had a nice romantic dinner here on a Wednesday evening. We had the pretzel crusted crab cakes for an appetizer which were very good. I got the Mahi Mahi while my girlfriend got the Sea Scallops. Both of our meals were amazing. Our drinks (Captain and Coke and a Muscatto) were both very good as well. Our server, George, was great with advice on our selections and also with some weather information as Hurricane Arthur was to be in the area soon. All around a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerfishermanDined on 6/23/2014Nice restorant with ocean view,nice waitress the food was good but not for the money you pay,there were no table cloths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, very slow from the startOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014The food was awesome and the ocean view is pretty. I must say even with a reservation we had a wait for an almost empty restaurant. There is only one person running FOH and needs a lot of help. Kitchen was very slow to bring out our food. Our waiter was kind and did his job well despite the kitchen slowness. I probably would not go again, which I find sad because the food was tasty. 2 1/2 hours for dinner with only around 5 other full tables is too long.Special Features:
- George was great!CEL1Dined on 6/6/2014George was great! Took care of my grandsons and entertained us all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 141 reviews are from the Cafe Amalfi reviews archive.
- Exceptional Service and food!TommyDined on 6/4/2014Our dining experience was the best we have experienced in a long time. The view is spectacular overlooking the ocean can't be beat. My wife had the prime rib which was cooked the way she wanted it. Melt in your mouth. I had Mahi Mahi again excellent. They listened to our dietary concerns and accommodated with substitutions. From the salad to the main everything on the plate was delicious. From walk in to walk out the staff made us feel like we were the only ones dining that night. Kudos to George.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BeccaDined on 5/17/2014The best meal of our vacation!! The steaks were tender and juicy and the pasta/shrimp dishes were flavorful and colorful!! Dessert was amazing!! Our waiter, George made the experience our dinner a superior dining experience! We would highly recommend Cafe Amalfi and will return again!Special Features:
- diner9VIPDined on 5/9/2014We dined at this Myrtle Beach restaurant on a Friday night. The food was good, but nothing special - I had what was billed as a house specialty - Mahi Mahi. It was tasty, but not memorable. The best part of the meal was the view of the ocean, although it would have been better had the windows been a bit cleaner. Overall, this place needs some upgrading - both the dining room and the menu. The décor is pretty plain.
- fairdisappointedDined on 5/4/2014Food was almost mediocre. Prepared for speed not for taste. Not what I would have expected.
- Great viewDRJMMDined on 4/29/2014Great view of the ocean. Overall experience was very good. Had the special prime rib and was not disappointed. Sevice was attentive and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair serviceASC528Dined on 4/26/2014The food was good and well presented. The place was clean and offered a fantastic view of the beach. What really stood out was our service. Our waitress could not recommend dishes, couldn't identify the types of bread we were given (when asked what kind of herbs were in one of the breads I was told "There are two types of bread" and that was all). She served my salad and entree to my friend and her's to me. She also messed up our desserts giving us 2 of the same item instead of two different desserts as ordered. We weren't in a hurry to go anywhere and the place was mostly empty so we still had a pleasant time, but it could have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaygirlVIPDined on 4/24/2014First the resturant looked nothing like the picture!!! We did have an ocean view which was beautiful, but there were no tableclothes or table settings like the picture. The pea soup and shrimp & avocado salad were not good. My husband told the waitress the soup was not good and she did take it off the bill. The dinners were ok. We ordered a bottle of wine and when she brought it to the table I noticed it was not full. It was white wine and had a twist cap which many white wines have now, so I listened for the cap to be twisted to break the cap I did not. I told her I didn't hear the seal break she said it did when she turned to speak to another person. I said I did not hear it she said she would bring another. We will not go back.
- Not a good restaurant.UpscalefoodieDined on 4/23/2014No ambience. Felt like I was in a cafeteria. My scallops were undercooked. They did take them back and gave me a new dish. We had to ask for bread. For the price I would not go back.Special Features:
- EFoodieVIPDined on 4/17/2014The fried green tomatoes were very good, but my husband's "well-done" burger was very pink inside...Special Features:
- Beautiful viewAnneMikeDined on 4/5/2014The restaurant is quite elegant and the view is outstanding. Our meal was very good and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The salad with salmon was good, but the children's spaghetti was a little too spicy for little ones and the $30 steak was unfortunately not worth the price.Special Features:
- Always Delicious~Excellent Service~luvseafoodDined on 4/3/2014We enjoy visiting Cafe Amalfi at least once a month. It is a favoite place for a romantic dinner or to take family or friends. The service is excellent all around. Our favoite waiter is George, but the other servers are also excellent. Our most recent visit was Thursday night April 3rd. They changed their menu recently and the new menu now includes a salad with your entree which is a nice size and fresh. The fresh hot bread served with crispy crust is delicious. The blackboard special is Prime Rib and was on our last visit also. We do not eat meat and we both opted for the "dusty" scallop entree which was delicious. It looked and tasted wonderful. Great flavors. The ocean view is fabulous especially as we watched the pink sky appear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBinxDined on 3/29/2014Beautiful setting overlooking the ocean. Our prime rib was delicious. Salad was nice and crisp, Our server was very attentive and thoughtful. It was my wife's birthday and she graced us with a slice red velvet cake for dessert. We enjoyed our meal and thought the service was outstanding. The noise level was low; we could carry on a conversation. Our dining experience was pleasant and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delightful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Quality food, impeccable service. Disappointed that there was no grouper on the menu any more but looking forward to the wreck fish that is coming. George is the best waiter ever!Special Features:
- Must try the Award Winning Mahi!TammyVIPDined on 2/19/2014The restaurant is located in the Hilton Hotel. It is oceanfront located on the second floor and overlooks one of the pools and bar below. You can't get any better with this view. We had their award winning Mahi dish and we can understand why it's award winning. It was just delicious. It is spicy though so know that going in. They need to have some sort of cooling side dish like risotto or other starch to go with the Mahi. Service was excellent with George. You could tell he was well trained for fine dining so make sure and ask for him. It really does make your experience so much nicer when you have a well trained waiter or waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014As a local Police Officer I found myself becoming content with enduring horrible food and bad service. It was a welcome relief to be treated to Cafe Amalfi as a gift for being officer of the month. The entire staff at the Hilton and Cafe Amalfi were all polite, professional, and eager to serve. My wife and I were further impressed by our waiter George. George went above and beyond to make our dining experience a memoriable and pleasant occaision. The food was obviously prepared by professionals who take great pride in quality and workmanship. I was so impressed with being in such a great atmosphere of professionals that we will make this a tradition. Once again, WOW, I never knew such quality existed in Myrtle Beach. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive hotel foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Hidden in a Hilton hotel the restaurant was fit for kings. You are greates by a host and server and food was takes out by chef. Can't get much better than thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DisasterMikeVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had an inexperienced waitress. I had to flag her down for various things, butter, bread, light the candle on the table, can I order a cocktail before dinner. When our guests arrived at the table we explained the dinner options to them. While we brought our own wine she was unattentive and did not pour our wine through out dinner. She was trained poorly. The kitchen staff was worse. It took about 40 min. to get 3 appetizers and while we waited no one came over to apologize or ask us if we needed anything. After about another 40 min. my husband had to go over to the kitchen to find out where our dinner was.A nasty kitchen cook told him it was coming. It came out cold, we sent it back only to have it come back not much better.
- EnjoyableFoodie113VIPDined on 1/27/2014We started with the fried green tomatoes. So wonderful and a creative presention. Then we ordered the daily special, Prime Rib. It was perfectly prepared to our likeness and delicious. Also came with twice baked potatoes (cheese, scallions & bacon) and and fresh spinach with a creamy sauce & hint of nutmeg ina cast iron serving dish. All was great as well as the ocean view. The dining room is comfortable with a casual feel. Perfect for an ocean front setting.Special Features:
- We found this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013We found this restaurant for my husband's birthday two years ago. We went the night before Thanksgiving which should be dead and food poor. We had the most wonderful time and the food was outstanding. We also have the outstanding waiter George each time we go. He is very knowledgable, entertaining and provides impeccable service. We also have the Diner's Club. We go every year for his birthday but the last trip sealed the deal that we will be attending more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.