Cafe 4750 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
4750 Amelia Island Parkway
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe 4750 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/AmeliaIsland/Dining/Cafe4750/Default.htm
- Phone: (904) 277-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30pm - 11:00am, Sunday: 6:30pm - 11:30; Lunch: 11:00am - 5:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 5:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cafe 4750 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
Join us for local and regional favorites served with gracious Southern hospitality. Attire is resort casual. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe 4750 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
Cafe 4750 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Creative Comfort FoodFunandGames08Dined on 10/22/2014This restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating and is buried inside The Ritz-Carlton. We really had a nice lunch and tried the specials. The menu is very nice with lots of fresh seafood and creative comfort food. I had a salmon BLT that was very good. Service was very attentive and they have a nice wine list.Special Features:
- Popular Luncheon OasisBocaBoomerVIPDined on 9/23/2014If you are staying on property in conjunction with a group, reserve a spot early if you wish to eat lunch here. Even woth ourside dining, the place fikked up fast. Be prepared to wait. A varied menu of quality offerings is the draw. And portion size is on the generous side.Special Features:
- andyVIPDined on 8/25/2014Just okay. Skip it for dinner and go to salt ( it will be worth it ). Breakfast buffet goodSpecial Features:
- The following 131 reviews are from the Cafe 4750 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island reviews archive.
- Good but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014Dinner was good. We returned the mussels because they tasted old. Tons of kids which contributed to the noise levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014Their other restaurant ( Salt) on the Ritz property was far superiorSpecial Features:
- OK, not greatheronwatchDined on 6/1/2014Expected more from the Ritz-Carlton. Reservation was fine, service good, food good. Nothing great. Table was sticky. Saw server leave ladies room without washing hands - ick! Won't go back even though the view is fantastic. We have a lot of great restaurants on the island.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceGerryB06Dined on 5/26/2014As can be expected at a Ritz Carlton, the service was good. We found it to be too noisy because there were children that were making a lot of noise. I guess that makes it kid-friendly for people who think it's ok for their children to make a ruckus during dinner. Not so much for my wife and I since our children were quiet and well-behaved when we took them out to dinner. Although we could see the ocean from our seats, the foreground was cluttered with those who were dining outdoors and other parts of the resort which was disappointing. We were hoping to have a full view of the beach and ocean. The entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkDaidalosDined on 4/13/2014Nothing special, but ok, the quality is good, place for familiesSpecial Features:
- Great food at The Ritz CarltonStotthDined on 4/12/2014Great restaurant, the food was superb, service was exceptional. It was so good that we ate there two nights in row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dined on a Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2014We dined on a Friday night and the restaurant was not very crowded but it seemed like there was a problem in the kitchen as not one table had food for what seemed like 30 minutes. The servers were friendly but seemed overwhelmed even though the place was not that crowded. I ordered the fish special, it was not good. My husband enjoyed his entree of crab cakes though. The next night we stopped in to get a gelato and stood there for 20 minutes before finally leaving . I think they are under staffed and some of the staff needs additional training.Special Features:
- Great everything!LoveMyFoodDined on 3/17/2014The scallops appetizer was amazing! Service was great, pat was very attentitive and never had to ask for anything she already knew what I wanted. An overall great place to have a relaxing dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/6/2014Apetizers like Chowder and Rock shrimp were very good but the Pasta was in edible and the steak dry ...
- DisappointingJackVIPDined on 2/21/2014While not their top restaurant, was disappointing for a Ritz. Décor was typical of smaller chain. Service was in training. Food was acceptable but not up to Ritz levels.
- surprisingly unexpectedly poor dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Our Valentine's Dining was VERY surprising, to say the least! My wife's steak was 1/10 as good as Ruth's Chris even with a fair amount of gristle and my poached lobster single claw and 1/2 tail were equally as disappointing; the tail was rather tough. Our waitress was very attentive throughout but didn't strike up a conversation with us as with two other tables near us (granted there was a cute Very near newborn girl baby at one, that I would NOT have had out in such a public place yet[-I am a recently retired pediatrician]). Nothing was "tasty" save maybe the cocktail sauce for the boiled shrimp from the appetizer table and the cheese tray. First...and last time to the Ritz 4750 for us. Far from worth the 75 mile round trip.
- A Wasted $200FoodiesofViningsVIPDined on 12/25/2013My fiance' and I ate Christmas Brunch at the Ritz Carlton on our way to our wedding aboard a chartered yacht over the holidays. The food was good. A little noisy in the dining room, but the hostess sat us in a quiet corner. Although I knew the per-person cost, I was underwhelmed with the buffet food for $200. I guess that was for getting to say we ate at the Ritz Carlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I expected a brunch buffetlucygirlVIPDined on 12/15/2013I expected a brunch buffet but they were only serving lunch. The server stated that they had stopped serving Sunday brunch awhile ago - website not updated. The mussel appetizer was very good. The pasta dishes were good choices. The desserts are mediocre. Service was attentive.
- Way overpriced! This is theKodie721VIPDined on 11/2/2013Way overpriced! This is the first and the last time I stay at Ritz Carlton. Ridiculous prices, marginal food, a glass of OK wine is $18...really? As with every food order in three days, mistakes made each time, with low quality. Marriott R or JW trump a Ritz anyday. Don't waste your money or time. There is no luxury here, just average fare, accomodations, etc. Those who show up in their expense cars are looking to show of rather than really get what they pay for. Very dissapointing.
- great view of the ocean whenYumYumVIPDined on 11/1/2013great view of the ocean when eating outside. the staff is very friendly and attentive. The lobster roll was a disappointment and it had may too much mayonaise mixed in with the limited amount of meat. The jerked chicken sandwich was good. Not the best meal we had but the view does help.Special Features:
- Was in Amelia Island withReginaDined on 10/14/2013Was in Amelia Island with my husband tagging along at his conference. I ended up having two lunches, two breakfasts and one dinner at the 4750 cafe as we were staying at the Ritz Carleton. All meals were very good. The service was excellent, what you expect and always receive when staying at a Ritz. For dinner we had the grouper which was the "catch of the day". The portion size was perfect was it was done exactly right. All the meals I had at the restaurant were very good and when we return to the Ritz we will certainly be having more meals at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Wow!!!SpeedraguDined on 9/21/2013First we had the rock shrimp apatizer buyer beware this nothing more then over priced popcorn shrimp. The entries the chilen cassoulet and the pork tenderloin were simply ok. The chicken was a bit over done and the pork tenderloin was kind of bland. Both plates the vegetables were served luke warm at best. I have to say that I would have enjoyed a meal at a chain resturant better the quality would have been better and we would not have paid for the Ritz Carlton location. The other thing that hurt the experience is that yes it is wide open and outdoors but I do not expect little kids to play tag among the tables.Special Features:
- great spot right at the ResortMoozerDined on 9/19/2013Good food, great service and you never have to leave for meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect eveninghighexpectationsDined on 8/23/2013Every moment of our evening was delightful. Staff was gracious and welcoming, food delicious, and patio setting beautiful for relaxed dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getaway with the kidsRickDined on 8/2/2013Great trip with an incredible meal, one the will remember for awhile, highly recommended for all seafood lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat at 4750, no need to leave propRAKAtlantaDined on 7/19/2013We ate at 4750 four times during our stay. Outside dining was great, inside can be noisy if people bring small children. Food is fabulous. Staff needs to be trained better for drink knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always specialMyFavotiteDined on 7/12/2013If you can afford a little pricey meal, this is a must, so far never been disappointed with a meal at the Ritz, this is one of the best seafood buffet , the only one that was even better than this happen also at another Ritz Oconee. That was a holiday meal. What I like about the food is always made with fresh and best quality products, and never too much spices , just enough to feel the flavor of individual ingredients ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Famliessunshine89VIPDined on 7/5/2013Not for a romantic date. Salt would have been better. Lots of children running around. Emplyees were all great.Special Features:
- Sea food at the Ritz!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2013The array of well prepared sea food was spectacular. We feasted on the freshly prepared lobster tails as well as on the oysters, clams and mussels on ice. The sushi was very fresh and flavorful. Ended the meal by choosing from a tempting set of desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Seafood buffettsquaredDined on 6/28/2013All you can eat seafood buffet was outstanding, food was very fresh and constantly being tended to. Staff very accommodating. Great knowledge of all the dishes. Casual ambience with formal food taste. So much to choose from, watched the sushi chef prepare the sushi right there. I highly recommend this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- budbarbBudbarbDined on 6/28/2013The Friday night seafood buffet is excellent - sushi, lobster, oysters, shrimp, etc! All prepared by the best chefs in Northeast Florida and served by a skilled, pleasant waitstaff. Our waiter, Thomas, was friendly, efficient, and very knowledgeable. I would recommend any of the restaurants at the Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island to anyone - and especially Café 4750!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th anniv ceieblarryDined on 6/7/2013Great pl,ace for any special occation. Wonderful food, great service, good atmosphere.Special Features:
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013This was one of the best buffets ever. Every item was fresh, favorful served at the correct temperature. Staff was excellent and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Teaching resrerauntTymeVIPDined on 5/4/2013Unfortunately it was prom night. Everyone got our name right but the attentaviness was off. Even following day nalmost no in resreraunt had to ask for host To find waitress to get check. Overall service was so for what it should have been,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend the muscles forFredinFernandinaDined on 4/10/2013I recommend the muscles for an appetizer which is plentiful enough for 3-4 people. I enjoyed the wild salmon cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- We will not be back. FoodJimsteelVIPDined on 4/5/2013We will not be back. Food and service get worse each time we dine here.
- We have dined here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2013We have dined here before and it is one of our favorite places to eat. I don't know what it was about this time, but everything just seemed to be better than our last visit. The service from Terri was top notch and the food was superb, which made for an outstanding night. We will be back!Special Features:
- Polite staff, Good Meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/17/2013Polite staff, Good Meal and convenient as a hotel guest.
- Mateus and his staff are theLuv2eatDined on 3/10/2013Mateus and his staff are the most efficent and friendly staff anywhere. The beautiful Ritz in Amelia Island is lucky to have them...they are all an asset to the Hotel! The food was delicious and they have a varied menu.Special Features:
- They were very helpful inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013They were very helpful in moving up our time to eat. The food and server were both great.Special Features:
- Unremarkable. The Ritz hasGonealohaVIPDined on 3/4/2013Unremarkable. The Ritz has a captive audience so they do not need to try.Special Features:
- Not the 4Star exxperience for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013Presentation and food were very average. Side salad was only a few lettuce leaves in a small glass bowl. Cobb salad was unexciting nor was it a classic. Service was slow.Special Features: