Dallas, TX 75360Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bushcenter.com/plan-your-visit/dining
- Phone: (214) 200-4302
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Maas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Upscale American cuisine focused on locally sourced,seasonal ingredients.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe 43 is available evenings for seated dinners of up to 120 guests and cocktail receptions for up to 150 guests. There are other private event spaces located throughout the Center.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Cravens 2148554318x
A word from Café 43
Café 43, located at the George W. Bush Presidential Center, is a contemporary American restaurant which features a locally sourced, organic, seasonal and sustainable menu for weekday lunch and weekend brunch. It is one of the most preferred venues in the city for private events in the evening for groups of up to 150 because of its stunning design, flexibility, private entrance and breezy terrace. Admission to the Center is not required as Café 43 has its own entrance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Café 43 - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Café 43 reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (181)fit for foodies (73)great for brunch (68)special occasion (67)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (52)scenic view (45)great for outdoor dining (43)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (8)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great staff, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014Cafe 43, located in the George W. Bush Presidential Center, is outstanding. The food is delicious and the service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time wasn't a charm!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014This was our third visit with friends to the Bush Library and Cafe43. The service is always exceptional and while the restaurant is open, it is very quiet inside. The hummus is always great and the desserts are delicious. Today, the sandwiches were just OK and the french fries, which are usually too hot to handle, were just OK. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like the spacious simple elegance of Cafe 43.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014When entertaining out of town guests, lunch at Cafe 43 and an afternoon at the Bush Library makes a memorable afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedIndianaVIPDined on 11/14/2014Café 43 turned out to be much better than we expected. I believe all the entrees were approved by Laura Bush. The food is excellent. Visiting the Bush Library/Museum and having lunch at Café 43 was the highlight of our visit to Dallas. Bonus: Laura Bush was dining at the restaurant during our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suzydonDined on 11/5/2014Excellent lunch spot with access to the Bush Library and Museum. A good place to take friends for a special lunch or when you are visiting the Museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!rjgcctxVIPDined on 11/1/2014Good food, very convenient for visitors to the GWB Library. Enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Spot for Ladies :)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Food was awesome!! Service Impeccable!! Will definitely bring ladies back here for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BgirlsDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant was fabulous! Can not say enough about what a wonderful experience it was! The atmosphere, the service, and the food was all wonderful! They were so attentive to our needs and made great suggestions! We will be back and are telling everyone they must go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday visit!JennyVDined on 10/16/2014Recently brought our 92 year old volunteer to visit the museum and cafe and she had a wonderful time. They made her feel as if she were Laura Bush for the day. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 10/10/2014The bread sticks and the dry, crispy bread were delicious. The hamburger and chicken and avocado sandwich on chiabatta were wonderful. So glad you are in the museum.Special Features:
- Classy and Quiet, Great Food!LAM612Dined on 10/9/2014What first drew us was the menu and the use of local/Texas ingredients. Loved the classy, but not in a stuffy sort of way, atmosphere. Was quiet and easy to visit without having to talk over loud music, etc. The food was excellent. Have already recommended to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café 43 is a relaxed gem.GoombawDined on 10/6/2014Lots of museums have little cafés for patrons, and this is in the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. It has a distinct "W" and Laura flavor with local Texas fare. The waiters could not have been nicer or more accommodating our group of 8.Special Features:
- Great Museum, Great RestaurantDubyafanDined on 10/4/2014Café 43 is a restaurant deserving of its setting in a first class museum! Visitors to the Bush Library have the opportunity to take in a marvelous presentation of American history during the Bush 43 years, and enjoy a marvelous meal while doing so. The menu is diverse, the service is great, and the food is outstanding. The beet salad was the best I've ever had (my momma would be proud of her adult son eating beets), and the salmon was delicious. Everyone at our table raved about the restaurant. It's a destination even if you're not going to the library.Special Features:
- A Highlight of a Bush Library visitSNOBDined on 10/4/2014I've been there 3 or 4 times and every time was a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classic stop you must make ...foodismycallingDined on 10/3/2014Café 46 will be a memorable stop to add to your enjoyment of the Presidential Library. Great food in a comfortable, yet memorable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprisejif1VIPDined on 10/3/2014Really enjoyed our visit. Food was excellent. If you go, request Peter as a waiter. He was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but room to improveTexasproudDined on 10/1/2014Nice dining area. My only complaint is the staff frequently moved tables around. This was not to accommodate larger groups as there was plenty of dining space. This interfered with the quality of the ambience. The food was good. I had the pan seared grouper and it was tender and flavorful. It needed to be warmer. My spouse had the hamburger and it was average. I give the meal bonus points for the dessert. The griddled lemon pound cake was a wonderful treat. It grabbed my taste buds at the first bite and didn't let go. My spouse had the peach cobbler and agreed the pound cake was superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joyntexasDined on 10/1/2014My friend and I were delighted to be able to dine outside. It was a different experience and very pleasant. We found the staff to be very friendly and observant to our needs. The pre-meal breadsticks were a welcome addition because we were quite hungry. We found the food to be of good quality and delicious. I would definitely recommend Café 43... and have already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal -- soup to nuts!Wink0711Dined on 9/30/2014It was our first visit to Cafe 43, and my husband and I wanted a full meal. Mason, our great waiter, suggested we split the dishes we both wanted and was very knowledgeable about our requests for gluten free items. Each course was scrumptious: corn and crab soup, gazpacho (a surprise!), heirloom tomatoes drizzled with house vinegrette, crusted salmon over a bed of spaghetti squash melange, house made fresh mango sorbet, followed by fesh, delicious coffee. All were served with perfect timing as Mason kept an eye out for our progress. The restaurant uses local products and produce wherever possible. Our experience is worth repeating often with friends and family.Special Features:
- Outstanding venue!TammyRDined on 9/29/2014Excellent cuisine, service, variety. We enjoyed out late break in between our museum exhibits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014A great lunch spot with some delicious choices! The Lemon Pound Cake dessert was worth every bite!Special Features:
- LunchMimiVIPDined on 9/27/2014All of us were absolutely amazed at the quality of the food for a museum setting. I would definitely return for just lunch. Our waiter was solictous without being hovering. You have a fine dining establishment. MimibSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Excellent dining experience! The peach cobbler was superb!Special Features:
- Special place for lunch!CL47Dined on 9/25/2014Enjoyable with class, nice atmosphere, unique menu and beautiful food presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breathtaking DayMsGLoveDined on 9/24/2014Not only is the menu imaginative and well-planned, but the servings are generous. Served outdoors on a beautiful fall day, my lunch couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014A group of needle workers planned a day to see the Oscar de la Renta exhibit and have lunch. Open table reservations were easy to use. They had our tables ready on time. The wait staff was very accommodating. The food was delicious and was served in a timely manner. All in all a great experience!Special Features:
- GirlslunchDined on 9/23/2014My second trip. Food was better the first time. Soup was wonderful. Halibut was not as good. Love this place but hope better next time. Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Very SlowbballDined on 9/22/2014I don't know what happened but after our order was taken, we waited over an hour for our food. Many people coming in after us were served, ate, and left. I tried to ask the waitress several times but she did not come over to the table and just mouthed "it's coming". One time she looked at us and looked surprised. We only ordered sandwiches---nothing exotic. It took up so much time that we were then limited in our visit in the Library.
- Lovely place for lunchGayleK70Dined on 9/22/2014Food was quite good. Very pretty restaurant. Service was excellent. The noise level was a little excessive but that seems to be the new norm.Special Features:
- MehthedonDined on 9/21/2014Its rather overpriced, although I'm sure you're paying for the rent, not the food. The place was half empty & they still sat us in the sunlit table, so we had to keep on our sunglasses handy. We also came in the afternoon, so once we were the last table, the manager came & sat at the table directly next to us to check his twitter or whatever on his iphone. He chuckled a couple of times which made us feel he was eavesdropping... so we left. I wouldn't recommend it. Take your aunt there on her birthday & then hit the GWB museum; make a day of it. Our server was the only saving grace. He was very nice, attentive & the food was pretty good.
- NDgnatDined on 9/20/2014I have been twice now and cannot wait to return ... fabulous restaurant ... fabulous museum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Neighborhood Cafetlw97jDined on 9/18/2014Our server Mason was helpful with food selections and spot on with his recommendations. He suggested the sweet corn soup that was delicious. He was prompt with the delivery of our meals and our water glasses were never less than half full. It was delightful to spot Former First Lady Bush also dining in the cafe. The desserts were delectable - we sampled 4 different ones and each was as tasty as the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Three of us dined at Café 43 for lunch recently and had wonderful food and a great visit. The waiter was accommodating in every way. I can hardly wait to go again!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceAmberDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was very good, making recommendations when asked, very attentive. The food delivery was a little slow, however, we were not in a hurry to go anywhere. It was overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Check it Out at the Library!QueenaDined on 9/12/2014Café 43 is lovely, with service reminiscent of a time when customers were treated with an extra measure of hospitality. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere is conducive to quiet conversation without having to shout across the table! A great place to people-watch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Treated my 83 year old mother to the museum and lunch at Cafe 43. We had a delightful experience. Planning on bringing my husband back on a weekend. also, it was my first experience using the automated reservation system. Loved it! The food was creative and very well presented.Special Features:
- FantasticDin2luvDined on 9/10/2014The food was really good, as well as the service. Along with the library this is a much do for lunch. Will defiantly return soon!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchBethDined on 9/9/2014There were three in our group and we had Avery enjoyable lunch Food choices were good and service was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food is fairly average. Always fun to see Mrs. Bush dining at the same time.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceBeyondexpectationsDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service! We went for a birthday lunch and we were able to carry on a conversation and enjoy a leisurely lunch. Beautiful set up with outdoor views of the surrounding grounds of the Bush Library at SMU.Special Features: