Dallas, TX 75360Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bushcenter.com/plan-your-visit/dining
- Phone: 2142004302x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Maas
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Upscale American cuisine focused on locally sourced,seasonal ingredients.
- Private Party Facilities: Cafe 43 is available evenings for seated dinners of up to 120 guests and cocktail receptions for up to 150 guests. There are other private event spaces located throughout the Center.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Cravens 2148554318x
A word from Café 43
Café 43, located at the George W. Bush Presidential Center, is a contemporary American restaurant which features a locally sourced, organic, seasonal and sustainable menu for weekday lunch and weekend brunch. It is one of the most preferred venues in the city for private events in the evening for groups of up to 150 because of its stunning design, flexibility, private entrance and breezy terrace. Admission to the Center is not required as Café 43 has its own entrance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Café 43 - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Café 43 reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (163)special occasion (66)great for brunch (62)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (42)scenic view (41)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (7)romantic (6)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Three of us dined at Café 43 for lunch recently and had wonderful food and a great visit. The waiter was accommodating in every way. I can hardly wait to go again!Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceAmberDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter was very good, making recommendations when asked, very attentive. The food delivery was a little slow, however, we were not in a hurry to go anywhere. It was overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Check it Out at the Library!QueenaDined on 9/12/2014Café 43 is lovely, with service reminiscent of a time when customers were treated with an extra measure of hospitality. The food was delicious, and the atmosphere is conducive to quiet conversation without having to shout across the table! A great place to people-watch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Treated my 83 year old mother to the museum and lunch at Cafe 43. We had a delightful experience. Planning on bringing my husband back on a weekend. also, it was my first experience using the automated reservation system. Loved it! The food was creative and very well presented.Special Features:
- FantasticDin2luvDined on 9/10/2014The food was really good, as well as the service. Along with the library this is a much do for lunch. Will defiantly return soon!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchBethDined on 9/9/2014There were three in our group and we had Avery enjoyable lunch Food choices were good and service was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food is fairly average. Always fun to see Mrs. Bush dining at the same time.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceBeyondexpectationsDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service! We went for a birthday lunch and we were able to carry on a conversation and enjoy a leisurely lunch. Beautiful set up with outdoor views of the surrounding grounds of the Bush Library at SMU.Special Features:
- Perfect lunch spotMMWHDined on 9/3/2014Our group of three ladies had a most pleasant lunch on the patio. Although the day was hot, there was a gentle breeze blowing, and we felt very comfortable on the covered patio. Food was delicious and the service was without flaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationTexasCRDined on 9/2/2014My sister and I took our 91 year old mother to the restaurant for a birthday lunch and we all had something different. We all agreed that everything we ate was delicious and presented beautifully. We shared a "birthday cake" and it was delicious too. Nice service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Vote For Cafe 43ThePinkQueenDined on 8/31/2014If Cafe 43 were running for office,I predict a landslide win! We went there while visiting GWB Library, and was wowed by its cuisine, the ambience, and the entire dining experience. We had a varied assortment from the menu, and it was all wonderful! The person who told us not to skip dessert was absolutely right,I may start with dessert the next visit. It was hard to believe the review that had no negative comments, but I have to agree, Cafe 43 is winning by a landslide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingCarolDined on 8/30/2014Needed a place to grab a bite to eat before our tour of the presidential library and what a pleasant surprise. The food was delicious, the presentation at the 4 star level, and the service good. Would go there again just to eat.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Great place for lunch after visiting the Bush Library and museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So peaceful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We sat outside where there were only 4 tables and it was so peaceful and quiet! We loved it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Smoked chicken salad with fruits was delicious. Nice breads to go with it.Special Features:
- AnneAnneDined on 8/27/2014Lovely restaurant with good menu and a perfect addition to the Bush Center experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceSusanDined on 8/26/2014We had a delightful birthday lunch with friends after viewing a special exhibit at the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum. The restaurant manager, Brian, came by to chat with us. Our waiter brought a complimentary birthday dessert. It was very enjoyable, and we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBushie4everDined on 8/23/2014Loved it. Interesting menu. Bread is so good. Cucumber gazpacho fine. Especially liked the grilled lemon pound cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outing With GranddaughterGaileeDined on 8/22/2014I had a reservation. Arrived a few minutes early, was greeted very pleasantly and said our table would be ready in just a few minutes. Our waiter was very attentive, but did not over do it. Our food was very good. My granddaughter was very pleased and she is pretty picky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting but service was slowAcskaterDined on 8/22/2014Nice setting and convenient to library. service was slow. Corn Soup didn't have much flavor; turkey panini was good. Host was very nice.
- Nice experienceLikesTheGnocchiDined on 8/20/2014A very nice way to cap off a museum visit. The staff was extremely courteous. The menu is interesting but uncomplicated, with healthy options and locally sourced choices. The food was very good--friends had hearty sandwiches and I had gnocchi with vegetables. Only drawback: the dining room can get loud. But overall, a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nifty lunch spotAnnieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Great lunch spot before touring the library. The food was delicious and very fresh with large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatyvisitorsDined on 8/18/2014Although my group of 3 preferred a Pinot Grigio, and it wasn't on the menu, our server accommmodated us with a lovely Oregon Pinot Grigio. The salmon in salads and my entree was excellent, but I wasn't impressed with the spaghetti squash side. Hot peach cobbler was "down home" good. Cowboy cookies to take home are a must! Lovely decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LHdinersDined on 8/18/2014It is always a nice place to gather with friends to have lunch at Café 43 whether it is after we have seen an exhibit at the Bush Center or just to have lunch with friends for a special occasion like a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegent presentation of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Our whole family enjoyed the meal. The food was excellent and a nice sized portion for brunch (not too heavy)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Museum CafeFashionistaDined on 8/16/2014Cafe 43 ranks at the top of museum cafes I have visited. BRAVO for the excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe 43 ExperienceBuzzyTreatsDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I took our Godchildren to Cafe 43 after touring the museum and visiting the gift shop and it was a wonderful dining experience for us all. Everything was great!!!!Special Features:
- Lunch with George and Laura....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Loved it! My sis and I took our Mom to the Museum and Cafe 43 for her BD. Quiet with no clanging dishes. Easy to carry on a pleasant conversation over great food. Prices very reasonable. The grilled lemon pound cake with honey and strawberry syrup and a dollop of marscepone was to die for. The homemade ricotta and tomato marmelade , the sandwiches and the salmon were all very, very good. Make reservations!! Its a small venue with a comfortable yet classy feel. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parttimegentDined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food and fantastic service. We had the pork schnitzel and the grilled chicken sandwich. Both were very flavorful and perfectly cooked. Can't wait to go back to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great lunch diningDeedeeDined on 8/8/2014The menu was varied with many options from light fare to entrees. The only negative was the bread and flatbread served seemed stale and not so tasty. The dining room was filled and some guests were even eating outside in 100 degree weather! Downside is parking is $$$ and not convenient especially for my guest who was in a wheelchair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimonDined on 8/8/2014Not good, at all, and I had been twice before and it was exceptionally good.
- Excellent for a day outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This is a perfect spot for brunch and lunch to complete a day at the GWB Library! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe 43 experienceBamagirlDined on 8/6/2014Fun experience eating with friends at cafe 43 but felt the cost of the food was a little overpriced for the portion size. We eat out ALOT and realize we are in Dallas but I feel the entrees were a buck or two overpriced. I got the veggie entree which was delicious and my husband got the smoked chicken salad which was also very tasty. The pecan ice cream was good but not great. Our favorite thing happen to be the bread on the table.....it was an assortment of chewy and crusty which we loved. The server was attentive and polite and overall we enjoyed our experience! Thank-you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014The cheese bread was outstanding. My omelet was one of the best I've tasted. Cafe 43 put my daughter's half sandwich in the cooler while we continued our library tour. Our visit was excellent from start to finish.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!Bella1Dined on 8/5/2014A perfect way to complement our Bush Library and Museum tour! We had a relaxing and delicious lunch. Cafe 43 had a very nice menu to select from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeDined on 8/5/2014A party of 2 women attended the Oscar de la Rente fashion exhibit at the George W. Bush Library and Museum and walked across to Cafe 43 for lunch. We were glad we had reservations because the cafe was very busy on a Tuesday. We had excellent food and service and enjoyed the ambience. It is very nice to have a place near SMU and the Museum where one can have a nice outing.Special Features:
- Special Day at Cafe 43OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyed a lovely lunch at Cafe 43. Visited the Library Museum first then had lunch with a group of friends. The menu provided some different food choices. The three of us who dined each had a different item and it was all very tasty. The service was impeccable. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch.Special Features:
- Special visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014It was my 1st time to visit, beautiful location, friendly staff, great variety on the menu. Our one little gripe was our coffee wasn't refilled. We had to track them down. I will look forward to going back and trying another lovely dish.Special Features:
- RealtorJeanDined on 8/1/2014Ditto everything I said above. I thought my salad was great and want to come back and try something totally different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 7/31/2014We had a lovely lunch at Cafe 43! I took my mother-in-law and some friends. The service was excellent and the food was delicious with beautiful presentation. I look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.