Cafe 34 Bistro
787 Route 34
Matawan, NJ 07747Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cafe 34 Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistro34.com/
- Phone: 7325839700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner served all day!
Sunday-Thursday: 11:30am-12am Friday-Saturday: 11:30am - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would be more than welcome to cater food for any occasion. Call to inquire more details. Also if you are looking to host a party whether it is a birthday party, baby shower, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner..etc. we have many party packages that include a tremendous amount of food.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private parties on Saturday and Sunday afternoons for up to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Belingeri 8883731260
- Entertainment: THURSDAY ~ LADIES NIGHT W/ DJ AND DRINK SPECIALS
FRIDAY ~ LIVE BANDS
SATURDAY ~ LIVE BANDS
NO COVER CHARGE ON ANY OF THESE NIGHTS!!!
A word from Cafe 34 Bistro
Family owned and operated bistro with a continental flair. Serving scrumptious gourmet food with taste bud tantalizing drinks. A beautiful dining experience with a wondrous natural light appeal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe 34 Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not on a Special OccasionDisappointedDined on 5/12/2013The food was very good however, the portions were small. I would rather pay the full price and get a normal size dish. The Italian antipasto was very, very small. When I called to tell them that I was disappointed, Tony, was very rude to me. I would go back again, but, not on a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013The ambiance of the restaurant is very laidback and comfortable. As soon as I stepped in I was greeted by a gentle breeze from the floor to ceiling window. It was nice to enjoy the unpreditcablely nice weather from the indoors. Right away I felt at home. It just so hapened to be my sisters 22nd birthday and I wanted to treat her as my first visit. I chose Bistro because the lobster ravioli, which was fanominal, really drew my attention. The food was devine even though service could use a few improvements. Otherwise my groub and I had a great time laughing and being ourselves.Special Features:
- Both had stuffed shrimp dinnersseppiVIPDined on 4/13/2013Both had stuffed shrimp dinners and the shrimp was like chewing on tough rubber. Mentioned that to the server when she asked and she never acknowledged we said anything to her. Would not return there. They are definitely focused on the large bar crowd.
- Excellent food . Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2013Excellent food . Great atmosphere . Outstanding bands .Special Features:
- The food was very good. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2013The food was very good. Always is. I took someone there who had never been and she is looking forward to going back.Menu has a good selection and now has an early bird menu that begins at 11:30AM!Special Features:
- Oh what a night....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013OMG! We went to Cafe 34 for a birthday party and had a wonderful time! My first time there. The food was excellent! Service was the best! The band "TRAK" made for a fun night. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Food was very good but menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Food was very good but menu was limited as it was Valentine's Day. Valentine's menu was grossly overpriced, while regular menu during past visits was not. Portions were very generous.
- The menu for Valentine's DayChelsea1334Dined on 2/14/2013The menu for Valentine's Day was disappointing. We had made reservations on Opentable.com and I viewed the website before scheduling the reservation. I had my heart set on having a veal dish,the jumbo shrimp cocktail appetizer and a side salad. Once we were seated we were handed a 1 page menu that did not list veal, side salad or shrimp cocktail. I had asked our waitress if the cook could make any exceptions, and I was allowed to order a side salad and could order a shrimp cocktail consisting of 4 peices of jumbo shrimp. No exception on the dinner item. I selected a chicken entree that was very good. Our service was also under par and the restaurant was NOT busy at 6:00PM.Our waitress was too busy talking with the hostess. Sigh....Special Features:
- I normally dine at Cafe 34Chelsea1334Dined on 2/7/2013I normally dine at Cafe 34 for dinner and was very impressed by the lunch menu and the food presentation. My only complaint was there was not enough tuna presented on the plate. The tuna was delicious, but I think there was only maybe 3 ounces in the 4 slices. My dining comanion had selected the fried calamari salad, which was enough for 2 people.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013The service was excellent. Kristi did a great job. The food was very good. It is a casual place but a little pricey.
- Not much to look at from theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Not much to look at from the exterior but they have great food.
- Never again!LuluVIPDined on 8/24/2012Horrible service. Never refilled water, never asked if everything was ok. Just put the food down & walked away. We had a coupon & did not realize at the time of purchase you had to order alcohol drinks. We don.t drink alcohol due to medical & they were nasty & would not honor it. The owner claimed every time someone uses it there is a problem & they lose money. They never should of signed up for the program then. Would never go back because of the employees.
- Cafe 34 is a decent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Cafe 34 is a decent place to eat if you want to pay for overpriced food.The food was fair but good it was nothing exciting at least for the price. The drinks were good but small. The service was ok. Our waitress was very nice and followed the "special" instructions that I submitted when I made the reservations.
- Food was good. The serverOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2012Food was good. The server was very friendly. Atmosphere is like a large local bar with tables around it with only a half wall separating bar area.
- food was good service wasJjgnVIPDined on 3/30/2012food was good service was good too went early so we did not hear the band might come back in the future to take in the bar sceneSpecial Features:
- We are a group of teachersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2012We are a group of teachers who went to Cafe 34 to enjoy dinner before a high school play. The food and service was outstanding and the staff made sure we were able to finish our meal in plenty of time to get to our show!Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/11/2012Great food, excellent service. Nice atmosphere for either business lunch, or family evening outSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food and service..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Outstanding food and service.. What more can I say!! Oh yeah. Will tell everyone Cafe34 Bistro is the place for great food!! all..Special Features:
- Always a great choice forMAC111Dined on 2/19/2012Always a great choice for dinner...no matter what day of the week. Love the appetizers!Special Features:
- The drinks and food were veryStang02Dined on 1/21/2012The drinks and food were very good and there was plenty of it. Well priced, too.Special Features:
- Really an "OK" place. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2011Really an "OK" place. The food was average, ambiance suited to families and the service was fair at best, sometimes we felt rushed. The night was saved by an excellent bartender who was very entertaining and friendly.Special Features:
- Food and portions were excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011Food and portions were excellent, as was the service. I have never been disappointed eating at Cafe 34. I have recommended Cafe 34 to many friends who have also think the food and service are outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2011The food was excellent and the service very good. This was the first time at the resturant and I will definetly be back.Special Features:
- A Must TryMoffereDined on 11/5/2011I have been visiting this Bistro for years and the food is excellent, the staff freindly. I highly recommend this for anyone. 5stars always!!!Special Features:
- HUGE HUGE portions. FriendlyDarylDined on 9/16/2011HUGE HUGE portions. Friendly staff, although a little inattentive (had to flag down bartender and waitress more than once).Special Features:
- The service was really poor;OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011The service was really poor; had to ask for water several times. There was a lot of noise from the bar area so it was difficult to hear our conversations. We had reservations, but when we got there they still made us wait to get a table ready, despite the restaurant being pretty much empty. The food was decent.Special Features:
- SheribizzyVIPDined on 8/20/2011We must have driven past this place a hundred times, and never really noticed it. We found it opentable and decided to give it a try (we wanted to stay somewhat local and not spend a ton of money, yet have a good meal). This place turned out to meet all our criteria. They did have a band,but they did not start playing till 10 PM (when we were leaving). We had great service, a fantastic meal, and were very happy with the portion size as well. Although a salad is not included, it was only additonal $3.00 (some restaurants add on five or six dollars). We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Service was excellent, waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/12/2011Service was excellent, waitress very attentive, food good. Got a little loud late when the band started so it was hard to hear each other speak. If you're going for dinner, get there so you can be ready to leave by 10pm...Special Features:
- Reco that didn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2011We went on a friends recommendation and were not disappointed. The food was excellent from the appetizers to the meal. The desserts were not "real Italian" but we were satisfied with the meal that it really didn't matter. The only knocks were that the wines were a bit overpriced and the ambiance was not the best.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and entertainment.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2011I came here with my wife and our friends on Saturday night. Let me just say that we all loved it. We had no idea that they have live entertainment and it was a delightful surpise. The food was amazing. I ordered their seafood lover platter and it had to be the biggest plate I have ever seen, but it was all worth it. My wife had the ossbucco which is only on special from what I was told; amazing again. My friends ordered the their own cafe 34 paella which was delicious (I had to try some) and his wife had the porterhouse steak. It was huge, but so juicy and filling. We chose to skip an appetizer for desserts. We all had cappuccinos and shared their new bailey's irish cream cake and the snickers cake which were light and not heavy.Special Features: