225 W. Main Street
Visalia, CA 93291Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafe225.com/
- Phone: 5597332967x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Closed Sundays - available for special functions with some limitations.
Breakfast available for special functions with some limitations.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Karl Merten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cafe 225 offers a full range of catering services. Full-service caterer with a broad selection of menus and services to choose from. Providing breakfast, lunch and dinner for any and all business or family functions. We are your one stop shop for quick and delicious meals. It is our goal to take the hassle out of providing a great meal for your guests. Please refer to our website to see our offerings. For weddings & receptions please contact the restaurant directly.
- Private Party Facilities: Our room number Nine (#9) is a fully private dining/meeting room with a warm luxurious décor. Designed to meet all the needs of your business, civic and family functions and gatherings, the room has it's own wine and beer service bar and capacity of 60 guests. It comes six-foot retractable projection screen, PA system, fully carpeted with independent lighting, heating and cooling.
Our Fox View room with a grand view of the historic Fox Theater and Main Street. This semi private space continues the airy Mediterranean décor of the original dining room and has a seating capacity of forty. Come stop by and see what we have to offer.
- Cross Street: Encina
- Public Transit: Downtown Visalia has a trolley service making a scenic loop around the downtown district. It creates an opportunity to park and shop.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is street parking available as well as a large parking structure behind the restaurant with access on Acequia street. The parking during business hours are three hour maximum in the structure and on the street. After business hours and weekends are not limited.
I want you to feel comfortable coming in any time. For a business or family lunch, a cocktail and appetizers for happy hour, a Great dinner or a burger before a movie. We want to be the place for a dressed-up meal when you're trying to impress that special someone. And we want to share those milestones in with you.
-Karl Merten owner and Chef
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
- UnderwhelmedLuv2eatDined on 9/27/2014Cafe 225 had always been a place my husband and I wanted to try, so when we were given the opportunity we took it. Our server was great! Bread was stale. My plate was bland, no flavor what so ever. My husbands plate, on the other hand, was quite good. Over all if you're going to put yourself out there as upscale, everything better be upscale, even the bread.
- Can't Go WrongGreatDined on 8/9/2014The food is great, the prices are reasonable and the service is great. What's not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeNicholeVIPDined on 7/17/2014Found this restaurant on line, pictures tend to make it look more classy then when you show up in person.. Waitress was fabulous and friendly, she didnt skip a beat.. Food was good, nothing to fancy.. Drinks on the other hand were weak.. When asked for a double the drink came to us barely tasting of any alcohol.... I would come back again just wouldn't spend to much on drinks and would dress a little more casual...Special Features:
- Great varietyLooking4localDined on 7/13/2014This is a great option for a group with many tastes. Pizza or burgers for simple, fun salads, and even more gourmet choices for sophisticated palates. Great atmosphere and attentive service.Special Features:
- 225 Never Fails!RunnerRosie58Dined on 7/5/2014i love this place...the food is always good, unique, "fancy" enough, nice variety, they cater to preferences (all veggies, please). The wine list is superb!! this is my go to place for a special lunch, as well as a first date. the waitstaff is great, chef carl runs a great kitchen! my fave place in town!!!Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the Cafe 225 reviews archive.
- we love cafe 225RudyandTinaDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I come here ALOT, lunch, dinner, both are always great and service is never less than top notch, freindly staff, and great food, keep up the good work :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outMarkDined on 6/7/2014We went for a night out with friends. The service was the problem. When I got my Coke refill, it was a Dr. Pepper. The lettuce rolls was make your own. Not that way before. Just seemed to always miss the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've never had a bad meal here!NativeVisalian61Dined on 6/2/2014Cafe 225 is one of my favorite places for lunch on Main Street. I have tried many different menu items and have been pleased with all of them. It is nice to be able to have a great lunch, in a very nice atmosphere, and even be able to get in and out in an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous every timeEnjoyingFoodDined on 5/29/2014Love this downtown Visalia gem! The service, food and drinks are always top notch!! Karl and his crew do a fabulous job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLarjfarleyVIPDined on 5/5/2014Our group 4 enjoyed 4 different entres. All we're excellent with great presentation and flavor.Special Features:
- Always a good mealBerkeleyfoodieDined on 5/2/2014You can always count on 225 for a good meal sure to please everyone. Our out-of-town frinds loved it. Comfortable and casual. Wine list is decent, excellent choices ranging from good seafood to steak to entre salads and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningDjwahlstDined on 4/26/2014We took our son here for a birthday dinner and had a relatively large group. It was great have the waitress ask us if we wanted the check split before we even ordered. The food was great and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and yummybestdining2Dined on 4/19/2014Café 225 never disappoints as to their friendly staff and the wonderful food. A huge selection of menu items! We had a large group, and four "little ones". Everyone enjoyed their food. We would recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still got it going onOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2014Tuesday was $1 oyster night, a nice treat. Dinner at the bar is always fun, lively. Food continues to hold it own - Cal-med cuisine but current options like roasted vegetables, lentl grilled (on open flame) shrimp salad. a place too that gives you the pulse of Visalia charming downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedVisaliaEatsDined on 4/12/2014My husband and I went there the other night and were a bit disappointed. The drinks from the bar were horrible. The tonic was very flat. When we asked for another they used the same cup with the same crushed up lime at the bottom. When we got home late that night we noticed they charged us for our meal and $86 for someone else's as well! Of course they're closed Sundays so we are trying to get our money back today. Very disappointing.
- Great service & good food.TelynnDined on 4/7/2014This was a special occasion lunch, but I was concerned about the time since we definitely had to be back to the office on time. We made the reservation, and I called in the food order ahead. The food came out within a short time of arrival, and was fresh and warm. All of our meals tasted wonderful. The service was excellent, and we actually had extra time left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with with an excellentJewelsDined on 3/15/2014Good food with with an excellent waiter. Would highly recommend and we will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, yummy and not too pricey!ValentinesDined on 2/14/2014Friendly and attentive staff! Excellent food! (Steak and Vegetables) Overall a great place for the two of us on Valentines Day!!!! I also attended a workplace party there a couple months back and the private room was perfect, as was the Avocado Chicken dish! Good work Cafe 225!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant clearly didlizzygirlDined on 2/13/2014This restaurant clearly did not have enough wait staff when we went on a Thursday night. The busboy brought me my drink and it was the wrong one. The waiter was overworked and un attentive. My dish was terrible and they still charged us for it.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Cafe 225 for a business dinner. Atmosphere was conductive to a business meeting, service was average and the food was terrific. I had the lamb sirloin, it was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A downtown Visalia gem!EnjoyingFoodDined on 2/11/2014Cafe 225 is one of my favorite restuarants in Visalia! Great food, wine, and wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, just not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014No one to greet at the door, stood feeling odd. Bread could be warm. Food presentation was nice but chicken seemed possibly from frozen source...didn't seem fresh. Waiter did good, just not overly attentive, water empty and other drinks before they came back around.(it wasn't that busy)Special Features:
- Love Cafe 225MimiDined on 1/15/2014I love this friendly restaurant in downtown Visalia. There is a wide variety of great menu options and they are reasonably priced. The food is excellent and the presentation is very appealing. It's a busy , high energy, friendly restaurant and can be a bit noisy at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointsFresonianDined on 1/9/2014I was referred by 2 local Visalia residents they said this was a good restaurant. Our appetizer the fried artichokes were awful, greasy & little artichokes inside a greasy batter! The bread was cold & blah! The wine was good. The entre, roasted chicken was okay. The service with Miguel as our sever was Great! Cafe225 needs some improvements. I would not return nor refer anyone here.
- great dnnertigger9Dined on 12/31/2013food was great. I have dined in many different countries n top dinners. None better than cafe 225.Special Features:
- Cafe 225OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013The service was good. I asked for my steak to cooked medium. But it was cooked rare. The waiter happily took it back to be cooked more. But when he brought it back, it was extremely tough and had a funny flavor. He offered to bring me something else. And took it off the bill. I chose not to eat anything else, since my party was done eating. But everyone else enjoyed their dinner. They have great artichoke fritters for an appetizer. And their bread with olive oil is delicious. And I love their ice tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and reliableDandyDined on 12/6/2013We love coming to Cafe 225, we make it a point to eat here on a regular basis. The food is always delicious and the service is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceJimbeauxDined on 10/5/2013The visit was the third in recent months as we often enjoy supper on Ice House performance nights. Our reservation was for 5:45 and we arrived a bit early and were seated quickly -- next to a bridal shower table -- even though there were other options. We went looking for our male server -- we finally asked another server -- to get the vinegar to enjoy the bread. Two of the three of us ran out of water and we were not served our meals until close to an hour! We were on time at the theatre -- only because we started early from Lemoore. This probably sounds like a very displeased diner, and it should.
- Great place to celebrateBerkeleyfoodieDined on 9/23/2013Went for my birthday. The hostess and wait staff were friendly and efficient, and the good service continued through the evening. The salmon and barramundi were cooked perfectly. The steak was juicy and tender, and both the spaghetti and meatballs and spaghetti with shrimp were zesty and al dente. Everyone at the table was very happy, and the wine was also excellent and affordable. Great meal, one of the best I have had at 225!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Birthday PartyVic4uvisaliaDined on 8/17/2013Had a great experience. Food was good. Our waitress was outstanding and the overall experience was just what I was looking for. I would definitely recommend Cafe 225 to friends. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurry up!JimbeauxDined on 8/17/2013We cut a 6:15 reservation too close (parking issues) with a 7:30 curtain time at the Ice House, but with a "hurry up" to our server, we enjoyed a fine meal and made the play in plenty of time. Thanks for getting us in and out. (Next time we'll reserve 6 p.m. to have more social time with our dining companions.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe 225 is My Go-to Eatery!RunnerRosieDined on 7/11/2013Unique cuisine in a non-stuffy atmosphere. 225 offers a wide variety of dishes with their own personal spin. The mussel & clam pasta in pesto was to die for! The baked ziti with grilled chicken was so tasty, and the portions were very generous. $5 margaritas were Thursday's special. We had a toddler with us, they were very accomodating to bring a small plate of fresh cooked veggies, along with crayons! Our server was super friendly and was quick to tend to our needs. They also have a fun bar area, and a very nice wine selection. Check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Downtown FindcjnryDined on 7/9/2013Charming, non-chain, California cuisine. Tasty food with a delightful, trendy locale and atmosphere. Moderately priced, delicious food with good service. Would definitely return, and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in VisaliaSanFranciscoDiamondHghtsVIPDined on 7/5/2013Food was very tasty, and large portions. I had the Mahi Mahi over risotto. Their house red wine was tasty. Service was very friendly. Don't recommend sitting in the window table at sunset -- it got so hot we moved.Special Features:
- Perfect place in downtown Visalia!EnjoyingFoodDined on 6/25/2013We are huge fans of Cafe 225! Love Karl and his staff and always have a great meal, god wine and good service!Special Features:
- Gluten-freeDotsDined on 5/17/2013My husband is gluten free and the waitress was very knowledgeable as to what he could or could not have. It really made our dining experience relaxing. The food was excellent and the prices reasonable. Plenty of serving help to fill water glasses etc. Nice friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodtootsDined on 5/11/2013Overall a great dining experience. Pricey, but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meeting place for friends!happycustomerDined on 5/7/2013Loved ability to get on-line reservations, walk right in have table ready and friendly and efficient staff...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinner a success ( again)cowchipDined on 4/19/2013There were sixteen of us here for the third year in a row for an annual Friday night dinner. Excellent service. Our request for separate checks was a no problem.Special Features:
- still Main St stand out afterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013still Main St stand out after all these years always open, serves all afternoon, friendly regular staffSpecial Features: