223 S High Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caesarsden.com/
- Phone: 4105470820
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Guido DeFranco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Planning a special night, important meeting, party, wedding, or anniversary? When it's important that you feel confident about the food - and the food service....Caesar's Den is the answer. See our online dinner menu at caesarsden.com for some visual tasting of our dishes --- Buon Appetito!
- Private Party Contact: Guido DeFranco 410-547-0820
- Special Events: Join us on Tuesday and Friday nights and enjoy a HALF priced bottle of wine from our award winning wine list with your entrees (restrictions apply) Join us on the rest of the week for a $20.09 3-course prix-fix menu!
A word from Caesar's Den
Simply put, Caesar's Den is a full-restaurant with one simple specialty: making occasions that involve food, special. Short of letting you actually taste our food, it's hard to convey the appeal of our menu offerings - let alone the style of their presentation. For more casual affairs, Caesars' Den features a variety of lunch and dinner options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caesar's Den reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not a Good RetrodunnsgrVIPDined on 7/31/2013Caesar's Den has seen better days and needs to leave the 1960's or do the 1960's the right way. An old school retro vibe that has been updated might work. But as it stands this place is tired.
- Nice place.AAAADined on 7/27/2013Went here while on vacation for my mother's birthday. Sweet little place with beautiful decor and ambiance. The staff is very friendly and courteous. Would definitely dine here again if I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable for all the wrong reasonsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2013The clam appetizer was no more than rubbery tasteless bits with what tasted like a can of chopped tomatoes poured over it and the sauce on the salmon was slimy. Not good.
- The food was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/14/2013The food was really good. Very filling but not in a nasty I just over did it way. The staff were friendly & attentive. Has a nice mom & pop authentic Italian charm. If you go to an O's game & bring your same day ticket you get 15% off. Had a great first time experience and look forward to going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are certainly betterDMattVIPDined on 7/5/2013There are certainly better restaurants now in Little Italy, but Caesar's Den is one of the old school standbys. Good, not great. Stick with the pastas and house Montepulciano, stay away from expensive seafood and meat dishes and wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2013Restaurant smelled old and damp. Food was OK. Server was very nice and attentive.
- Just what we were looking forSuzieVIPDined on 6/12/2013We love Little Italy and try a different restaurant each time we go through Baltimore. This one was perfect for an early dinner before our Sting concert. Loved the "old fashioned Grandmother's house" ambience, the service was excellent and the food was fresh, hot, and delicious. Would recommend this place to all!Special Features:
- My husband and I love CaesarsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/28/2013My husband and I love Caesars Den. My husband has been going since he was a kid. It is our special occasion dinner /and our go-to restaurant when we want a good meal. We dine at Caesars at least 3 times a month, becuase we can't go without it. The food is always outstanding and the service is top notch. We have tried other places in Little Italy, but nothing seems to come close to Caesars Den.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Substance Over StyleWonderHonDined on 5/24/2013Good food and service. That's what I appreciate. This isn't flashy, trendy, or modern. The traditional food is presented without a flourish. It's just like eating at my grandmother's. The place could probably use some decor updates. I've been coming here since the late 70s, and the artwork's still the same. So's the carpet, wallpaper, and chairs. That's just like my grandmother's too. I come here when I want a good meal, and just want to relax. I know the menu (that hasn't changed much either) and the owner frequently comes out of the kitchen to greet us. Warm and friendly, with good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice place for dinnerMDdadDined on 5/18/2013Ceasar's Den is exactly what you would expect: an authentic Italian dining experience in a very pleasant setting. We had 3 entrees, including pollo caprese, chicken parmesan and shrimp scampi pasta. All were very good. And the cold seafood antipasto was excellent! The only complaint is this: all of the tables are very close to each other. We got there early, and they packed us all in very tightly for no reason. One couple was very loud, and made it hard for us to speak to each other at our own table. But this is a nice place, and we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat elsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2013Started meal with Antipasto DiMare. Seafood very little taste and calamari was spongy. Used Italian dressing not traditional lemon. Main course was veal saltimbocca and received 3 two inch thin round disks with a hint of cheese and prosciutto difficult to see. Veal was tough and chewy and had hard time cutting with knife. We left at 8pm and there was was only one other table with people at it in resturant on a Friday night. Outside people waiting in lines at numerous resturants.
- Well prepared pasta, but...MichaelVIPDined on 4/27/2013As advertised, Caesar's Den is a quiet place in a neighborhood of noisy, boisterous restaurants. The pastas we had were both well prepared and served piping hot. Wonderful! The bread was served doughy and chilled (we had them warm it up, twice!). The wine we purchased (at the waiter's suggestion) was lackluster; we were steered away from a much better and equally-priced bottle. Alas! The ambiance is quiet, relaxed and welcoming for conversation, if a little worn. If the food were not so well prepared (contrary to some reviews), we wouldn't give this a second look. But...
- food was ok, nothing to mentiontitoVIPDined on 4/21/2013food was ok, nothing to mention about it.. just ok, the OSOBUCO was drowned in sauce, shrimps too much spices. Service was good and attentive, not rushing you to get done.Special Features:
- The food was good & it wasJoemVIPDined on 3/17/2013The food was good & it was a real nice to sit, sip wine and enjoy a wonderful conversation. The ambiance was wonderful. We will come againSpecial Features:
- We ate at Caesar's SaturdayWolfmanVIPDined on 3/9/2013We ate at Caesar's Saturday night. The room was very quiet which is something very hard to find these days. The food was delicious and the portions were huge. Will certainly be going back again. When you go, ask for Matthew. He was our waiter and he was great.Special Features:
- The food was very bland. WeIrisbpVIPDined on 3/8/2013The food was very bland. We were disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- We recently had a family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013We recently had a family dinner at Caesar's Den during restaurant week. We went very early because we did have a toddler in the group and were specifically looking for a place in Little Italy that wasn't too fancy for kids. The restaurant had a few other families but was mostly quite. It had the feel of a Brooklyn old school Italian place. Everyone in our party of 7 remarked on how good the food was and that we will be returning.
- Solid, Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2013We were attracted by their Restaurant Week menu, so we decided to give it a try and we were glad we did. Their food was really good. The service was also good -- attentive yet not hovering over you every minute. Trendsters, beware though, this place is very unassuming. It reminds me of an Italian restaurant that you might stumble upon in Brooklyn. That said, we will return for the food!Special Features:
- It was restaurant week andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2013It was restaurant week and I understand it was busy but our waiter was horrible. We had a show to go to and after an hour or more we had to take the dessert to go because we couldn't wait any longer. He never checked back with us for another glass of wine or asked how our dinner was and looked shocked when we said we had to take the dessert to go. I didn't even get a coffee. Not very happy about that.Special Features:
- I was disappointed. We hadSleepyheadDined on 1/26/2013I was disappointed. We had been here before and always enjoyed it. Our waiter was handling too many tables and seemed distracted. There was no host/hostess and he eventually greeted us, but did not offer to check our coats. He brought us a bottle of water, but didn't open it. The salads took forever to arrive and were very skimpy when they did. When he brought us the bill, he hadn't totalled it. The food was very average.
- Worst dining experience EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/25/2013My fiancée and I eat out almost every weekend and we pride ourselves in finding new restaurants. We chose Caesars Den because their restaurant week menu looked appetizing. Unfortunately it was downhill once we arrived. We should have known it was a bad sign that the place was virtually empty on a Friday night. We were seated quickly and were greeted by a waiter that seemed equal parts aloof and snarky. Our appetizers (arugula salad for me, clams for my fiancée ) were bland and didn't seem to be freshly made. The entrees ( ahi tuna, and tortellini ) were supposed to be specials but they were anything but. Bland, stale, and overcooked would be a fitting description. We won't be back even if they were the last restaurant on earth.
- Waiter was not very interactiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2012Waiter was not very interactive - his service was good. Portions seemed small compared to many other times we have been to C's D.
- Excellent, food was outstanding.WilOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2012Excellent, food was outstanding.Will do the little things if you ask.Mushroom sauce and Vassilee dishes were great as well as the appetizers .Owner who is the chief came out to greet us, will return.Special Features:
- Always a Good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/19/2012It's not New York. It's not Boston. It's not Italy. It's Baltimore. It's clean, it's good, it's a good value if you choose wisely. The service is efficient, the wine by the carafe is good and relatively cheap. You won't spend more than in any of the other restaurants in Little Italy and you won't spend nearly as much as you will in many of the places recommended by your hotel concierge or your cousin who lives in the burbs. You'll get a better meal and a better value for your money. Seriously, there should be more reviews for this place and even more positive reviews. Try the Prix Fixe menu It is good. Period.Special Features:
- In my opinion, it is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/10/2012In my opinion, it is the best Italian restaurant outside of Italy.Special Features:
- Caesar's Den has been ourcantondinerVIPDined on 11/11/2012Caesar's Den has been our go to in Little Italy and every time we have guests from out of town we go there. Service is good and the food is as well. Ambiance can be a little sleepy but that is nice for getting to catch up.Special Features:
- Great as always! We haven'tLobsteramaDined on 11/11/2012Great as always! We haven't eaten there in a bit, but after returning our regret is immeasurable. We agreed to make it at least a monthly treat that we will rarely miss.Special Features:
- Welcoming and traditional,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Welcoming and traditional, this place is a star. The veal was tender and the seafood pasta dish my wife got was delicious -- not to mention the wine list.Special Features:
- food was okay. Very smallpaige29VIPDined on 10/16/2012food was okay. Very small portions, would never go back and pay original prices (had a groupon). service was not so great, waiter hardly came over. atmosphere was nice though.Special Features:
- Overpriced for what you get.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2012Overpriced for what you get. The mussels were dry and my pasta was just ok, I could have done it at home. The chicken vesuvio was great, my boyfriend loved it.
- To expensive for qualitySkoch68Dined on 10/12/2012We were disappointed in the food quality. My husband I ordered two pasta dishes and mussels. The mussels were fishy and the pasta wasn't homemade. The bread was also stale.
- Great staff and food. WeDarrinDined on 10/8/2012Great staff and food. We went on a Monday evening and it was quiet but it may not be on a busy night but the ambiance is comfortable and I would return.Special Features:
- Not worth the money or time...NikkiDined on 10/7/2012My boyfriend and I dined here for the first time a few weeks ago and we were very disappointed. The food was alright, pretty plan, nothing to brag about. The prices are extremely high compared to the quality and quantity. We eat at many upscale restaurants and Caesar's Den does not compare to many of them. The waiter was extremely absent and we were fed after a group of 4 was already given their apps, salads, meals and check (there were only 2 in our party), even though they were seated after us. We will not be going back to Caesar's Den...
- Great food but come on...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012We chose this place to have our anniversary dinner for the second year in a row. The food is always fantastic. The dimly lit and usually quite restaurant make for a very romantic ambiance. Unfortunately, while we were there, there was a child running wild around the whole restaurant. Crying and screaming while running up to everyone's table. This child was apparently son of one of their staff members. It was absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable. Also, our server lacked any type of personality. I guess he was professional but just seemed to be going through the motions with no desire to be there. I think it's safe to say that we'll be choosing a new location for next year's anniversary and will probably never visit again...Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The special, recommended by our waiter, was outstanding.Look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Nice, comfortable,upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2012Nice, comfortable,upscale restaurant. The house special ravioli was the best I ever had. Menu prices are high but not out of line for Little Italy. They have a nice pre-fix menu for $22. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Very good food. Our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2012Very good food. Our waiter was a bit awkward, but the service was still good. Cocktails were great.Special Features:
- Previous experiences wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Previous experiences were always pleasurable with good food, however, this experience was disappointing. The ravioli stuffed with spinach was bland and flavorless. The veal shank was very tender, however, visually unappealing with a grayish colored sauce not at all resembling a tomato sauce. Flavor was acceptable but not memorable. Service was not of the level common to the Little Italy restaurants with a waiter who was lifeless and consistent with the blandness of the food. Probably would not return or recommend to others.
- needs some helpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2012it was OK. Didn't eat half the mussels because they weren't opened. Things didn't seem fresh at all. Dessert seemed like it was a week old! I shouldn't be afraid to eat what you are serving me! Noise was quiet because there wasn't anybody there. Service was good enough, but this place needs help with its food. A little effort in that area would go a long way.
- Food was decent, but likeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012Food was decent, but like most of Little Italy, overpriced.Special Features: