18111 Preston Rd # 120
Dallas, TX 75252Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cadotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (972) 267-5700
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm BAR OPEN LATE
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Marie Cadot
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have many options available-ask us for our catering and group rate menu's. http://www.cadotrestaurant.com/catering.htm
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Private Dining Rooms for 25, 35, & 70. Two rooms can be combined for one private room of 100. Our facility is perfect for rehearsal dinners, weddings, receptions, etc. We have a covered patio with heaters and misters for all weather occasions. The entire restaurant can seat 180 for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Jean-Marie Cadot 9722675700x
- Special Events: We have events virtually every month. Follow us at Twitter.com/CadotRestaurant or check out our Facebook page.
A word from Cadot Restaurant
Cadot Restaurant serves a great blend of French cuisine prepared by Chef Jean-Marie Cadot. Cadot Restaurant has been rated among the Top Romance restaurants in Dallas on ZAGAT.com. We are a favorite place on Google. We are a 2010 recommended business by D Magazine. The Dallas Morning News and The Dallas Observer both gave us good ratings. We also received a good rating from Plano Profile Magazine and on the Pegasus news website.Continued
Cadot is great for groups! We have fixed price menu's for groups that can fit almost any budget. Let us bid your next event.
Cadot is great for groups! We have fixed price menu's for groups that can fit almost any budget. Let us bid your next event.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Cadot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Cadot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (45)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (21)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Cadot is a great secret to people south of 635. Every time we invite friends to dinner there, they are amazed that they've never been there before. Always enjoyable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to enjoy the taste of France!MrkerDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5th anniversary at Cadot. The experience reminded us our honeymoon in France and the culture we fell in love with. Cadot provides authentic taste of France, not just in the delicious food, but in the ambiance of the restaurant. When you enter the restaurant, you immediately receive a cozy warm feeling with the smaller rooms and beautiful decorations. The tables are covered with white linen table cloths and napkins and candle lamps that makes you feel special and appreciated as a special guest. The entire staff are very accommodating, even if they are not assigned to be your waiter. Although parties are separated by tables, there is a sense of a common theme of warmth and family. The food was outstanding! My wife had the tilapia over a bed if risotto. I had the Cassoulet. The perfectly cooked and seasoned that it melts in your mouth. The Cassoulet, is a hearty dish that is filled with the rich flavors of lamb, sausage, duck mixed with white bean ragout. This dish is similar to an American pot pie, but filled with rich meats and sauces. This dish is heavy, but you would love every bite! Although my wife and I could have walked way and been very happy with our meal, our curiosity led us to order a specialty soufflé with grand Marnier paired with a chocolate martini. The soufflé was truly delicious and the martini was outstanding! I highly recommend Cadot for a special night out with your loved one. I advise you to leave the kids at home with a sitter. You do not want to ruin the romantic evening that you are surely will have. BON APPÉTITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visit!VikoDined on 11/1/2014My fiancé and I love to explore new restaurants and this French cuisine place was perfect. The service, the ambience, the food was amazing. Will be coming back for more! 👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!PascualetxVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time diners. Very pleasantly surprised with this place. Handsome decor, with a simple elegance, much like the food. All 5 were more that please with the food, service, and ambience. Will definitely put this place in my rotation.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in DallasDallasVIsitorDined on 10/14/2014Every time we come to Dallas, we make sure we have at least one meal at Cadot. Chef Cadot is a wonderful chef and always makes sure you are happy. This is one of our all-time favorite restaurants and I would say that my husband and I are foodies of a sort. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/13/2014Had the Octoberfest special menu. Delicious. Hard to fine good German and this special didn't disappoint. Cadot's special menus are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lpw1VIPDined on 10/4/2014First time to try and very impressed with the food. Every entrée (Veal Medallions, Sea Bass and Shrimp & Scallop Linguini) and appetizer (Ceasar Salad and Crab Cake) was wonderful. The waiter was not that great - acted as if it was and effort to be there.Special Features:
- Great French CuisineNewEnglanderVIPDined on 10/3/2014Jean-Marie Cadot has managed to bring a bit of Paris to Dallas. Tucked away in a strip mall with 3 title companies and an Indian Chaat counter is an oasis that will take you away from Dallas and transport you to a family run restaurant in France. And the food is consistently the best. Always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous & consistent!MizJanieVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is my go-to North Dallas fine dining spot. Jean-Marie Cadot is Frwnch and know Frwnch cuisine inside out. I started with the escargot, which was served naked in a garlic cream sauce with flash fried spinach. It was perfect. Then I had the cassoulet which was the best I have had anywhere except in Tuscany. My guest had the halibut in a thin crepe and by the moans of delight I had to guess it was exquisite. We split the chocolate lava cake and it was perfect for the finish with an espresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningSwissfoodieDined on 10/2/2014I met several friends here for my birthday dinner and we had a lovely time. Service was excellent and the food and wine delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood DelightSteveVIPDined on 9/27/2014Cadot has been a favorite spot for fine dining ever since it opened. Jean Marie is a skilled French chef that brings mastery to every dish, including specials that are often a step or two from the conventional fare found on the rest of the balanced and interesting menu. We always eat in the bar, but the dining room is well appointed, and al fresco dining is available on the patio, screened and cooled with misters when the evenings remain warm after sundown. My wife and I both had veal, scallopini in my case and kidneys for my wife. Both were delicious and served in ample portions, and quite reasonably priced. I enjoyed the tuna guacamole appetizer and a perfectly prepared souffle afterward. Drinks were mixed generously. A must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety Of OptionsHodgesDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Cadot. We did not know what to expect, but found the evening a delightful experience. Seating option inside as well as out. Comfortable seating arrangments with little noise which was a surprise given location of Preseton Rd. Menu was full of options with many availale as gluten free. Wine selection was good with selections in glass or bottles that covered everyone in our group. Food was well prepared and presented with a number of excellent specials. The Sardine appetizer was unique and excelent. Overall response from everyone is that we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Cadot once again was great -- husband had the Coq Au Vin and thought it was wonderful. The James Bond Martini's are very good. Not easy to find the original Casino Royal recipe made many places -- but they make it in this bar. -- Very smoothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!bossVIPDined on 9/22/2014A fabulous dinner out as always here at Cadot! Great wine and fantastic food.Special Features:
- idaKDined on 9/20/2014We love the chef. We have been dining with him since his Chez Gerard days. The dover sole has got to be the best in the worldSpecial Features:
- ZackZackDined on 9/13/2014It was the first time but not the last time to visit Cadot. Great place to relax and enjoy food in such a lovely setting. The only problem was what to order. I had read the wines were over priced, but that was not true. Our experience was wonderful! We look forward to another dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayDebraVIPDined on 9/5/2014I would give this 10 stars if I could! The food and service are perfect. This is a great place to meet friends or have a nice dinner with your loved one. We ordered the lamb and duck. Both were superb!Special Features:
- Wonderful first visitFIFIVIPDined on 8/29/2014What a wonderful meal we had. Also, our server Ramone, directed our choices with great results. This was our first of many visits to come. A treasure for Dallas.Special Features:
- Wonderful Introduction to CadotDiningDuoDined on 8/28/2014We chose to take advantage of Restaurant Week and visit a restaurant in our neighborhood. We were not disappointed. The service was very attentive but discreet. The waiter answered my wine questions, since I am not very educated regarding wine and I enjoyed the selection. The food was wonderful, beautifully presented. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/27/2014This was absolutely the best dining experience I have had in a long time. Although we booked the reservation because of restaurant week, we figured out we could order off the regular menu, with dishes we really wanted, for about the same price. Chef Cadot helped us choose a fabulous, yet affordable bottle of wine based on our planned entrees of sweetbreads and roasted duck. Every single bite I had that evening - was sheer heaven. The service was attentive, yet allowed us to go at the pace we desired. They also make a VERY delicious chocolate martini! We were there mid-week so it wasn't overly crowded, but we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectable scallops and risottoBMcKeeDined on 8/26/2014French food which is so carefully prepared. Chef talks to the customers and explains special parts of the dish. Wait staff is so friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!AnnieDined on 8/23/2014We arrived a little early for our 7:00 PM dinner reservation to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary and were seated immediately. It was a Saturday night and there were already lots of people - yet the ambience was perfect and we did not have to shout at each other or overhear other conversations. The bibb lettuce salad with apple was a little overdressed, but was delicious. The tilapia also excellent! My husband's flat iron steak was great, but I would not have paired it with French fries. Very nice experience overall and we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overratedbhs59Dined on 8/23/2014The overall operation of the restaurant and service was very mediocre. When we got there, the restaurant was not busy, yet it took them time to sort through where to put us. When they did set us, they put us at a table that had terrible lighting in the middle of the dining room. When we asked to move, it appeared to cause a lot of issues for them. The service was also mediocre; servers would reach over people to pour drinks and the waiter appeared stiff and not traiened properly. My dish was blackened tuna, which was not good at all. The food was drowning in whatever sauce was supposed to be on it. When the waiter asked about dessert and we mentioned soufles, he informed us it would take 45 minutes, which is pretty dumb.Special Features:
- Restaurant week lunchMaBoDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our restaurant week lunch at Cadot's. $25 is a good price for what we had. Our chicken/mushroom crepes were fabulous. A little disappointed in the dessert. A small imitation of crème brulee in a chocolate cookie crumb tart crust. Needed a better explanation of what we would be getting so wouldn't be disappointed that there was not a caramelize topping on the crème brulee. It was good, just not what we expected.Special Features:
- CadotLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/20/2014Not a good value for money. Especially the $25 price tag at lunch for Restaurant Week.
- Restaurant Week Strikes Again!iCfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014It is unfortunate that our anniversary falls within the annual restaurant week event in the DFW area when the crowds descend in droves upon all the restaurants in DFW. Cadot was overbooked and even though we had a reservation (on July 6), we had to wait to be seated. That aside, the food was outstanding and the table service was impeccable. In my opinion Cadot offers the best French food outside of France. If you like French cooking Cadot is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, but rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My and my 7 month pregnant girlfriend went here for restaurant week. We were in the adventurous mood an decided to try this. Made reservations at 7:15, we got there at 7:17 and the place was packed, we couldn't get a table inside due to the overflow of customers and had to sit outside (luckily was pleasant) long story short, the waiter/resses were rushed, they were very busy and you could tell it in their voice; in which overwhelmed my girlfriend and made her cry. but alas, they all have good hearts and apologize when they realize what they did. The food was excellent though, timing was long, but worth the wait. If you are into French type food, this would be the place for you.. But as for an 'adventure' stick to a Brazilian Steakhouse.Special Features:
- restaurant week...MereVIPDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is typically one of my favorites, but NOT during restaurant week. It was incredibly crowded...I'm sure that our waiter was overwhelmed, but he was rude and neglectful of our table and others around us. The food was good, but again, lacking from a typical (non-restaurant week) experience. We did not order off the restaurant week menu and maybe that's where we went wrong, however we will never go back during restaurant week!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip mall french that isn'tbillpVIPDined on 8/15/2014In a run of the mill strip mall in North Dallas hides a little gem of an oasis. The staff is attentive without intrusiveness. the food is inventive without being bizarre a decent wine list and some notable desserts. All at a price point that, while making this mostly a rare treat for most of us, if you are careful, is affordable as a once or twice a month place.Special Features:
- French food findBobKVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nothing fulfills like a good traditional French food dinner. Restaurant week menu here was wonderful, with great choices. As always service was fast and attentive.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekAndyDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful service and food was very good but I question putting flat steak on a $45 menu. It was a little tough although the sauce was good. Chicken and Talapia also on the $45 menu. Some of the $35 restaurants I have tried so far had filet and salmon. More upscale choices. We have eaten at Cadots several times before and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great lunch choice for celebrationMikeDDined on 8/15/2014We went to Cadot for lunch during Restaurant Week to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. The food and service were great, and they gave us complimentary champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kept SecretLuv2eatoutDined on 8/13/2014What a wonderful place. The food is truly magnificent, and Jean-Marie Cadot is a wonderful host. I recommend it highly. So glad Restaurant Week helped introduce us to this delightful find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quaintOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014The escargot were just to very bland, but the main courses more than made up for it. It was a nice evening all in all.Special Features:
- Fantastic French in Planobobp82Dined on 8/11/2014We visited Cadot during Restaurant Week 2014. The cuisine selection, taste, and friendly service exceeded our high expectations. The sea bass and shrimp crepe and tilapia on risotto entrees were delectable as were our salads and desserts. As seems to be customary, the chef came out and visited with the patrons. We enjoyed an engaging discussion. We look forward to future visits, especially for lunch and to try one of their soufflés.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like ParisPatrickDined on 8/9/2014This wonderful little French restaurant has the best food, the best chef, the best service, the atmosphere makes you feel like you were transported to Paris. Beautiful artwork, looks like a museum, and all paintings are from the owner/chef's mother still living in France. Wonderful dining experience, it's like a little piece of Paris with such wonderful food, authentic wonderful food.Special Features:
- Not Worth the PriceWFforLifeDined on 8/8/2014Food was definitely over priced. Onion soup on the bland side, one of three scallops was bad, veal had extreme lemon flavor. Paid with a open table check and reward debit card. The open table check amount was not taken off the total bill amount, so we were over charged.Special Features:
- Dallas FoodieDallasfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014We normally dine at Lavendou, another French restaurant down Preston. Thought we'd try Cadot as reviews were good. Unfortunately, our experience was just average. The restaurant is attractive and the atmosphere very pleasant. As another reviewer commented, our server recommended the most expensive items on the menu. My duck was fine but drowning in sauce. The squash was tasty but the haricot verts over cooked. My husband's scallop and shrimp entree was fine, but the French onion soup lacked richness. The by the glass wine list was limited and did not offer many French wines. Perhaps it's that we have dined out so many times that nothing is different or special anymore. But we have a certain expectation at a fine dining restaurant.
- JeffDined on 8/1/2014The sea bass was excellent as was the onion soup The wine a bit priceySpecial Features:
- The following 517 reviews are from the Cadot Restaurant reviews archive.
- Cadot is SuberbDharmaDaveVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had reservations at Cadot for our anniversary and loved it. The food absolutely tasted fresh, like we were eating in Europe. Chef Jean-Marie Cadot came over and talked to us about our meal and our dining experience. We talked about his approach to cooking and his culinary influences. My wife had the halibut special, which tasted like it had just come out of the ocean -- tender, flaky, with a delicate flavor. I had roasted duck, which Chef Cadot explained was cooked on a rotisserie so that it remained moist. The duck was moist and succulent -- one of the best duck dishes I've every had. The gastric sauce added just enough orange and ginger flavor to compliment the duck taste without overpowering it. I wish we'd found Cadot years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.