18111 Preston Rd # 120
Dallas, TX 75252Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cadotrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9722675700x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm BAR OPEN LATE
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Marie Cadot
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have many options available-ask us for our catering and group rate menu's. http://www.cadotrestaurant.com/catering.htm
- Private Party Facilities: 3 Private Dining Rooms for 25, 35, & 70. Two rooms can be combined for one private room of 100. Our facility is perfect for rehearsal dinners, weddings, receptions, etc. We have a covered patio with heaters and misters for all weather occasions. The entire restaurant can seat 180 for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Jean-Marie Cadot 9722675700x
- Special Events: We have events virtually every month. Follow us at Twitter.com/CadotRestaurant or check out our Facebook page.
A word from Cadot Restaurant
Cadot Restaurant serves a great blend of French cuisine prepared by Chef Jean-Marie Cadot. Cadot Restaurant has been rated among the Top Romance restaurants in Dallas on ZAGAT.com. We are a favorite place on Google. We are a 2010 recommended business by D Magazine. The Dallas Morning News and The Dallas Observer both gave us good ratings. We also received a good rating from Plano Profile Magazine and on the Pegasus news website.Continued
Cadot is great for groups! We have fixed price menu's for groups that can fit almost any budget. Let us bid your next event.
Cadot is great for groups! We have fixed price menu's for groups that can fit almost any budget. Let us bid your next event.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cadot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
Cadot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (54)romantic (53)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (30)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (24)notable wine list (22)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Restaurant Week Strikes Again!iCfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014It is unfortunate that our anniversary falls within the annual restaurant week event in the DFW area when the crowds descend in droves upon all the restaurants in DFW. Cadot was overbooked and even though we had a reservation (on July 6), we had to wait to be seated. That aside, the food was outstanding and the table service was impeccable. In my opinion Cadot offers the best French food outside of France. If you like French cooking Cadot is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, but rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My and my 7 month pregnant girlfriend went here for restaurant week. We were in the adventurous mood an decided to try this. Made reservations at 7:15, we got there at 7:17 and the place was packed, we couldn't get a table inside due to the overflow of customers and had to sit outside (luckily was pleasant) long story short, the waiter/resses were rushed, they were very busy and you could tell it in their voice; in which overwhelmed my girlfriend and made her cry. but alas, they all have good hearts and apologize when they realize what they did. The food was excellent though, timing was long, but worth the wait. If you are into French type food, this would be the place for you.. But as for an 'adventure' stick to a Brazilian Steakhouse.Special Features:
- French food findBobKDined on 8/15/2014Nothing fulfills like a good traditional French food dinner. Restaurant week menu here was wonderful, with great choices. As always service was fast and attentive.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekAndyDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful service and food was very good but I question putting flat steak on a $45 menu. It was a little tough although the sauce was good. Chicken and Talapia also on the $45 menu. Some of the $35 restaurants I have tried so far had filet and salmon. More upscale choices. We have eaten at Cadots several times before and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Kept SecretLuv2eatoutDined on 8/13/2014What a wonderful place. The food is truly magnificent, and Jean-Marie Cadot is a wonderful host. I recommend it highly. So glad Restaurant Week helped introduce us to this delightful find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quaintOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014The escargot were just to very bland, but the main courses more than made up for it. It was a nice evening all in all.Special Features:
- Fantastic French in Planobobp82Dined on 8/11/2014We visited Cadot during Restaurant Week 2014. The cuisine selection, taste, and friendly service exceeded our high expectations. The sea bass and shrimp crepe and tilapia on risotto entrees were delectable as were our salads and desserts. As seems to be customary, the chef came out and visited with the patrons. We enjoyed an engaging discussion. We look forward to future visits, especially for lunch and to try one of their soufflés.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like ParisPatrickDined on 8/9/2014This wonderful little French restaurant has the best food, the best chef, the best service, the atmosphere makes you feel like you were transported to Paris. Beautiful artwork, looks like a museum, and all paintings are from the owner/chef's mother still living in France. Wonderful dining experience, it's like a little piece of Paris with such wonderful food, authentic wonderful food.Special Features:
- Not Worth the PriceWFforLifeDined on 8/8/2014Food was definitely over priced. Onion soup on the bland side, one of three scallops was bad, veal had extreme lemon flavor. Paid with a open table check and reward debit card. The open table check amount was not taken off the total bill amount, so we were over charged.Special Features:
- Dallas FoodieDallasfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2014We normally dine at Lavendou, another French restaurant down Preston. Thought we'd try Cadot as reviews were good. Unfortunately, our experience was just average. The restaurant is attractive and the atmosphere very pleasant. As another reviewer commented, our server recommended the most expensive items on the menu. My duck was fine but drowning in sauce. The squash was tasty but the haricot verts over cooked. My husband's scallop and shrimp entree was fine, but the French onion soup lacked richness. The by the glass wine list was limited and did not offer many French wines. Perhaps it's that we have dined out so many times that nothing is different or special anymore. But we have a certain expectation at a fine dining restaurant.
- JeffDined on 8/1/2014The sea bass was excellent as was the onion soup The wine a bit priceySpecial Features:
- Cadot is SuberbDharmaDaveVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had reservations at Cadot for our anniversary and loved it. The food absolutely tasted fresh, like we were eating in Europe. Chef Jean-Marie Cadot came over and talked to us about our meal and our dining experience. We talked about his approach to cooking and his culinary influences. My wife had the halibut special, which tasted like it had just come out of the ocean -- tender, flaky, with a delicate flavor. I had roasted duck, which Chef Cadot explained was cooked on a rotisserie so that it remained moist. The duck was moist and succulent -- one of the best duck dishes I've every had. The gastric sauce added just enough orange and ginger flavor to compliment the duck taste without overpowering it. I wish we'd found Cadot years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CadotCharlieDined on 7/26/2014Nice dinner - no recognition for our anniversary even though noted on reservation. Good service and quality food. Very close to our home so less travel was bonus. Did notice another table was receiving extra attention - not sure why but it was obvious. Recommendations: (2) glasses of champagne or at the least a rose and verbal comment. My husband and I have been married 41 years and selected Cadot for our anniversary dinner. Most folks will never celebrate that many years of marriage. Please keep in mind that special days are "special" for a reason and should be acknowledged.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceFood4ThoughtDined on 7/23/2014We had the most amazing experience dining here. The service was impeccable and the food was exquisite. The chef came out to check on us two or three times. The preparation and the sauces could not have been more flavorful.Special Features:
- Great experience at CadotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2014I took my aunt-in-law to lunch at Cadot for her birthday and we had a great experience. It was my second time there, her first. Everything was delicious, and the wine and food prices were extremely reasonable for what we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTSD1992Dined on 6/28/2014As usual, Jean Marie and his staff were wonderful! We love the ambiance, the food, the wine selections, and everything. They even gave us champagne to celebrate our anniversary!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsProfKathyDined on 6/28/2014A group of us regularly gets together to visit over dinner. Cadot is such a wonderful place for good food, wine, and conversation. Ramon was our waiter and he provided great, unobtrusive service. He never rushed us, but remained sensitive to our wants and needs. And we love how the chef owner always comes to each table during the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Cadot!BlairDined on 6/28/2014Cadot is a best-kept secret. If it were in Uptown, it would be crawling with people, and twice as expensive. Great food, great service. We love it--it's our "go to" place.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and diningBelleVIPDined on 6/20/2014This restaurant always surprises me because every dish is outstanding and the ambience is so nice. Chef Jean-Marie interacts with his guests and is committed to excellence. If you want to be surprised by how delicious a meal can be, dine at Cadot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice French RestaurantRobertoDined on 6/17/2014Nice French restaurant in the neighborhood. Very pleasent atmosphere. A feeling of being in France. Good food and service. Friendly French owners Chef and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably good!foodloverDined on 6/13/2014Dinner at Cadot is always good! Love the seasonal menu -- especially the watermelon salad! We like to have dinner out with friends at Cadot because we are guaranteed of having nice conversation over an enjoyable meal. The wine list could be improved, but -- like the food -- it's good enough.Special Features:
- Best French restaurant in DallasAverageVIPDined on 6/13/2014Outstanding and consistent. some restaurants do one or two dishes very well and the rest are average or they have three good nights and an off night. with many places, if dinner is great then desert is average but Cadot does everything well, every time and the deserts can rival anything in Dallas. great service, great food and value for your money. you cant beat that. the steak frite is top nothc, as is the duck, only rivaled by the short ribs and moving into seafood is also a delight. the mussels appetizer is a big winner as is the escargot. the Beignets are outstanding as is the apple tartin but you cant go wrong with the souffle or any desert on the menu. Magnifique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!MyselfDined on 6/7/2014Always been a fan of French cuisine and with a chef like that it is obvious why? The Cold Asparagus soup was amazing and the Copper River Salmon was a great experience. A Must GoSpecial Features:
- CadotSusuVIPDined on 6/6/2014Everything was great! The food was excellent. The table was in a perfect location. Our waiter did a great job. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place In N. DallasAtilla2414Dined on 5/31/2014Chef Cadot never disappoints. He and his staff always pay attention to the details which results in a near perfect dining experience. Chef Cadot's menu is always lending it self to seasonal offerings and he prepares each dish with the touch of the great French chefs before his time in the kitchen. Simply the best soufflés in Dallas bar none which is also the mark of great chef. If you go there often as I do, then this review just reinforces what you already know. If not, then join us in sharing the best little known secret in north Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality but...George53VIPDined on 5/31/2014We are regulars here but I am noticing a disturbing trend that dinners are taking three hours. I know this is a French restaurant but I think the kitchen needs to keep up.Special Features:
- First Time at CadotNonaDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I had been wanting to try Cadot for some time- we've driven by it often on the way to my father-in-law's. One of my friends in my Jazzercise class highly recommended it, so we thought we'd give it a shot. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. My husband and I always share dishes, and that wasn't a problem at all with the waiter. It was a nice leisurely dinner experience and we'll definitely return!Special Features:
- 4644Dined on 5/30/2014Always a treat to go to Cadot. It's utterly charming. The food is exceptional and I loved the chicken creeps with vegetables. The deserts make me want to return again and again. At first I reserved Cadot for special occasions and now find myself there for a spontaneous lunch. It is really a touch of Paris.Special Features:
- Late LunchGlomDined on 5/30/2014Though a late lunch, still quite a few others around us. Decided to sit outside on patio which was very pleasant. There are fans which didn't need to be used at this time. The food was prepared as requested (we had a special request) and they were very accommodating. We didn't get forgotten out there but then was left alone to chat after settling the bill, etc. No rush to leave. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningJohnJDined on 5/24/2014We have been to Cadot a few times and the food has always been a good experience. Bread, Sea bass, soft shelled crab, veal and tuna tartar were all outstanding. The filet was good, but not at the same level of quality. Wait staff were attentive and waiter almost came by too often to talk to us. May have been a coincidence, but all of his recommendations, regardless of category were the most expensive things on the menu. Those may be the best and certainly what we had was good, but it always makes me wonder when only the most expensive appetizers and entrees are suggested. That said, it was a nice time and we will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014Excellent menu. Food was delicious. Well prepared and presented. Well worth the price.Special Features:
- Cadot's - always delish!PottressVIPDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I love to come here for special occasions and "just cuz" ! The food and staff never disappoint. Always dependably tasty and the wine list is exciting!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014Excellent food, service. Good to have a French restaurant in the neighborhood !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cadot ReviewBigBowlReviewVIPDined on 5/9/2014Food was delicious as always. Always a pleasure returning to Cadot.Special Features:
- BebelaDined on 5/6/2014Great experience--celebrated a birthday and Cadot made it quite special.Special Features:
- Magnifique!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/2/2014Cadot restaurant is outstanding. The food prepared by Jean-Marie Cadot cannot be beat. The escagauts prepared in the classic style of garlic and olive oil is fabulous.Special Features:
- Always delicious and satisfyingWillDined on 4/26/2014Chef Jean-Marie always makes the meal wonderful. He has a wonderful knowledge of how to make meat and fish tender and scrumcious! There is a wonderful mix of adventurous meals like sweetbreads to steak and frites for the less adventurous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/26/2014One of our favorite restaurants! The food and service are wonderful each time we visit Cadot. The staff is very attentive without hovering. One of the very few restaurants that is quiet enough to hold a conversation...a rare thing in Dallas!Special Features:
- Outstanding food!bossVIPDined on 4/24/2014We had dinner here to celebrate our anniversary. It was amazing. Service, food, ambience ..... a very special night!Special Features:
- The following 489 reviews are from the Cadot Restaurant reviews archive.
- PaulDined on 4/20/2014Dear Open Table, Good morning, since Cadot has opened, my wife and I have eaten there on a number of occassion, it has been consistently outstanding everytime! I highly recommend it for those looking for authentic "continental" food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.