509 State St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cadizsb.com/
- Phone: (805) 770-2760
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday-Sunday, 5pm-9pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday, 5pm-10pm
Lounge/Nightclub: Friday-Saturday, 10:30pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Spanish
- Executive Chef: John Pettit
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer various options for catering. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: On Friday and Saturday nights at 10:30pm Cadiz transforms into a lounge/nightclub with DJ's for entertainment.
- Special Events: Cadiz can be used a venue for many different events. Rehearsal dinner's, wedding reception's, the after party to your wedding, bachelorette dinner's and private luncheon's to name a few. Please call to book or inquire
- Cross Street: Haley and Cota
- Public Transit: Right in front of our building at 509 State St.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet Thur - Sun . Please around to our back entrance on Fig Ave. and valet will assist you. Monday - Wednesday there is a public lot across the street on Anacapa and Cota .
A word from Cadiz
Cadiz Restaurant & Lounge offers a Seaside Cuisine influenced by flavors from the seaside villages of Italy and Spain. Cadiz offers pizzas, pastas, seafood, entrees, and a variety of "small plates." The menu is seasonally driven, and all produce is bought from the local Farmer's Market right outside our front door. Our wonderful selection of seafood dishes come from local, harbor fresh seafood, purchased daily. Our mixology bar offers seasonal, market-fresh cocktails, and on weekend nights Cadiz transforms into an upscale European style lounge/nightclub at 10:30 until 2am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Cadiz reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (36)special occasion (36)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (23)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (19)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Beautiful PlaceSBFoodieVIPDined on 11/4/2014We have been to Cadiz several times now, and it never disappoints with the delicious menu and interesting cocktails. The place itself is very nice--elegant but cozy atmosphere at the same time. At night, the place turns into a classy lounge, and it's a wonderful place to go for a drink. It is one of our new favorites in Santa Barbara!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CadizAnneVIPDined on 11/1/2014We found this restaurant on tripadvisor while visiting Santa Barbara. After a little problem with seating, we had a very good meal in a very pretty restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Wonderful environment... energetic service. WE would like to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Fabulous food and beautiful inside. My table was waiting and the food was timely and service was great.Special Features:
- Special dinner for twockmel12Dined on 10/24/2014I recently took my girlfriend out for dinner here for her birthday, and her and I had a great time. To start off, I had reserved online and didn't think they'd notice the note staying it was her birthday and when we were seated I was pleased to hear that they wished her happy birthday and that they read what I typed. Second the food was amazing.awe both had the Bolognese with the scallops for our appetizer. One of the most flavorful Bolognese I've ever had and the scallops were cooked to perfection. Definitely will be returning here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Cadiz!WombatTreeDined on 10/22/2014Classy restaurant. We went here for a friends birthday, so wanted somewhere a little special and it was. The decor is stunning, made you feel as though you had just stepped into a Moroccan riad. We started with happy hour drinks at the bar where we were entertained by the great barman, who had a fantastic beard! We were then shown to a lovely table outside and were well looked after by friendly attentive staff. The Spanish/Italian food was delicious. My friends said it was the nicest ambiance of all the restaurants we have eaten in on our California trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PlaceIoneTaylorVIPDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I have been here a number of times, and we always have a great experience. I love the romantic Moorish decor, and the service is always impeccable. We started our meal with a scallop appetizer. The dish had great flavor elements to it, but the scallops themselves were slightly undercooked and lukewarm. My husband ordered the cioppino, and I ordered the butternut risotto, and both dishes were delicious, hot and well prepared. We look forward to returning for another wonderful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it!FantasticDined on 10/19/2014I made a reservation based on reviews and menu, but it was awful. We came to SB for a concert and hoped for a nice meal before. We sat on the patio to watch transient people walk by smoking and being annoying. I ordered the burger and my husband ordered Mary's chicken. The burger was ok, bottom bun soaked when I received it and the meat tasted gamey. My husband's chicken was just ok, but the pot pie was an odd choice for a side. I think they are trying too hard to make their menu unique that it's hurting the quality of food. Service was bad and serves inattentive.
- Great locationtonySRT8VIPDined on 10/18/2014We really enjoyed this place the waitstaff was fantastic the food was excellent and the atmosphere was romantic!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant ambience wrongsmithbergerDined on 10/18/2014Food was very good but service was rushed and noise level uncomfortable. Beautiful interior ruined by 2 big screen TV's over the bar.Special Features:
- Highly recommendPJPnSBDined on 10/10/2014Went to Cadiz for the first with close friend and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The ambiance was perfect, servers were friendly and professional, food was delicious. I had the best Itslian Chardonnay I ever tasted! My friend said it was the best cioppino she ever had. It was a bit noisy on the patio as ther were two groups there, but nice there after they left. I have recommended this to friends and look forward to returning for Happy Hour as their bar area is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Anniversary StopbosherdineDined on 10/7/2014It was our 55th Anniversary. Cadiz was a first for us. Flat Bread was absolutely delicious! Got a seat at the sidewalk and took in the Tues Farmers Market.Special Features:
- Outstanding food in Santa BarbaraTuvanaDined on 10/4/2014Cadiz is a must go restaurant in Santa Barbara. Great place for dining with friends. The food is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal We Had in Santa BarbaraChopchopfizzfizz1959Dined on 10/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a weekend getaway to SB. Our dinner at Cadiz was the best place we dined. The food was extraordinary, the waiter very accommodating, and he really knew the menu well. We will return next trip to SB.Special Features:
- Moorish DelightFrijolitoDined on 9/27/2014Cadiz is much nicer 'in person' than one would imagine based on the pictures on their website. It feels like dining in a garden at the Alhambra in Granada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall flavorslisalorenDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I had the most amazing time at Cadiz on a Friday night. I love it when chefs base their menu around the seasons. This was a surprise to me that Cadiz did this, but when we arrived the server explained to us that they had just rolled out some new fall items and fall happens to be my favorite time of the year. I got the gnocchi to start, with squash and pork...it was so good! My husband started with the market salad and I had a couple bites, it was also delicious. For entrees I got the risotto and he got the carbonara pasta. We were both delighted with our entrees. We will be back soon! Loved the tastes of fallSpecial Features:
- Ambiance over serviceLivingLargeinCaliforniaDined on 9/24/2014Beautiful restaurant amid the bar scene of this block of State Street. Food was excellent- the wine list limited in the Chardonay world (I know, I know, but that's what my wife drinks!). At 6:30 pm there were a number of empty tables to serve inside, and only one waiter serving the filled outside dining area I had noted on my Open Table Reservation that this was a birthday dinner- which the lovely Hostess acknowledged upon my arrival- however the waiter never acknowledge it- which was awkward. I didn't order deserts thinking he was going to offer the desert menu, and thought prompting him by saying we are going to need a check shortly- he brought the check, we paid and left. I was very disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour !BillVIPDined on 9/24/2014Awesome happy hour, local Pure Order brew and awesome flatbreads !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinner but a bit lackingbeerorwineDined on 9/20/2014seated right away. staff was friendly. waitstaff should scan the room more often. Summer Melon Salad: about 8 melon balls with a sprinking of arugula floating in a literal bath of lavender mint and watermelon vinaigrette. the crispy proscuiutto was so small that they got lost in the dressing. the goat cheese disintegrated also in the liquid. the best part about the grilled beef skewers was the cauliflower dip and another sauce that was on the plate. order a side of pita bread to scoop it all up. they charged us $3 for the pita, but it was worth it. only 3 skewers of beef. Afumigato Flatbread was very good. House-made Pasta Bolognese was very good but a bit on the salty side. decent entre portions. Jaffurs wine was lovely.Special Features:
- Food great, service lacking.JudeDined on 9/19/2014Ate here last Friday night. Food was great but the service was poor. Was brought the wrong entree; waiter profusely apologized and offered to replace but would have taken forever, I was afraid, and my husband was already tucking into his hot pasta. Ate what was brought, and anticipated being comped for the mistake. Nope, in fact was initially upcharged me for the entree brought in error--until I said something. Then a shared dessert took FOREVER to be served. Really put a bad vibe on an evening of otherwise wonderful food.Special Features:
- Cioppino!gparkDined on 9/18/2014Been to Cadiz a few times now and had a nice experience every time. This time around I went with the Cioppino. Great option! Very large portion with a variety of fresh seafood. Delicious, but beware it was a little spicy which I like. I also had the caprese to start with which had such fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. Stuffed by the time I went homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night on our SB tripcanadiangirlDined on 9/12/2014From the moment we walked in a half hour early for our reservation to the moment our waiter and the bartender sent us off to another hot spot to continue our evening ( we had a blast at the Sandbar - thanks Alex ) it was wonderful!!! The table was comfortable for a long lazy dinner, the wine impeccable and the bruschetta was the best we've ever had. ...and the scallops....yum! A great evening. ...one place I would recommend to all my friends and when I think of our trip to Santa Barbara - this night will be my favorite! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantsLocalDined on 9/6/2014Lovely meal with friends. Service was great, staff nice, food good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal!foodie7VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Cadiz on Sunday night while visiting SB. The ambiance is lovely. We sat outside, but inside is just as nice. While the menu isn't big, everything we had was delicious and beautifully prepared. We started off with the scallops which were very nice although the sauce was a little heavy. The lamb meatballs were divine. We then had one of the flatbreads that was very flavorful and finally ended up with the gnocchi and it was the best dish of the night. Gnocchi is not something we usually order, but this sounded good and others had raved about it. We are so happy we did. They were small pillow-like dumplings with a wonderful, light pesto sauce. The service was excellent and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very goodGpmdineDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I both had the halibut at the recommendation of our waiter, and neither of us were crazy about it. The chocolate dessert was great, and other dishes looked like they would have been better.
- Nice place, mediocre foodMrose19Dined on 8/29/2014The apps and mains were just OK, but the dessert was good. The service was below average for the price.Special Features:
- Bruschetta to die for!fakefoodieDined on 8/28/2014My friend and I came in for small bites the other night and ended up staying for a full dinner! We started with the Bruschetta and Caprese salad and Pesto gnocchi and it was all so good that we ended up staying for a full dinner and dessert! Everything was delicious but my personal favorite was the bruschetta, which was a different take on bruschetta with avocado's. Fun vibe and our server Chris was great! We will def be back for girl's night againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails fun placeSaraMDined on 8/28/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at Cadiz. I'm always looking for a place with good, inventive cocktails. I loved the "Andalusian!" ...cool name btw. My boyfriend had the steak for dinner and really liked it. I had the halibut with gazpacho mmmmmm so delish. Recommending to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sluggish Service Dash ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Food was beautiful, tasty and distinctive. The hostess was polite and so was the wait staff. Menus took awhile to arrive as did the food (the hostess finally brought our main courses), even though the restaurant was not even half full. The big problem started when our server asked if we wanted dessert. We said "yes" and waited 5 to 10 minutes for the dessert menu. Then we waited another 15 minutes for our server to come take our dessert order. We finally flagged down the hostess, asked for our check and went elsewhere for dessert.Special Features:
- Usually very goodSnoopy1Dined on 8/25/2014I like this restaurant. Very nice feel to the restaurant.The food is usually very good but I had the pasta with the meat sauce this time and won't order it again. It was extremely dry. Extra sauce didn't help as the meat part was so thick. The staff offered to make something else without any problem. I decided on an appetizer and got the lamb meatballs. It also had a gamy taste to it. The pasta with just tomato sauce is very nice. The beef skewer appetizer was very tasty and so were the lamb meatball appetizer. I have eaten here before and enjoyed my meal and was disappointed this time. I will still go there and just not order the pasta with meat sauce. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014This was listed as a 4 star restaurant. As far as the food is concerned, at best, this is a 3 star. Service and ambience was nice. I guess I was expecting a huge wow factor with this restaurant based on previous reviews. I still think it's a nice restaurant, but probably a little over rated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Very disappointed. Uninteresting food. Some fairly good appetizers, main courses poor. Pasta dishes mushy, heavy, salty. French fries soft. Gnocchi little balls with rich sauce..............
- Amazing ScallopsChristianHDined on 8/20/2014Scallops are one of my favorite dishes and whenever they're available at a restaurant, I order them. These were some of the best tasting, freshest scallops I've had in a long time. Also got the bruschetta which was different than your classic bruschetta but was great. Definitely recommendedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Nice ambiance. Beautiful seasoning and flavors, unique and delicious. Server was experienced and knowledgeable, however when then kitchen slowed because of volume we were sitting with no service....no water refills, no inquiry if we wanted more drinks. Needs to fine tune kitchen and service. Attitude was somewhat arrogant towards the customer as if it was the customers obligation/privilege to dine at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Cadiz did not pleasegastricguruDined on 8/15/2014If you enjoy bad service, small portions, and bland overpriced food then I highly recommend Cadiz. For me and my family, Cadiz did not please.
- Very good service; food just okMesaTennisDined on 8/14/2014Our sever was very helpful and enthusiastic, which made for a good dining experience. Neither our peach nor Caprese salads were fresh. The peaches actually tasted like fried oil, unfortunately. Our main courses were also a bit soggy. Again, a great place to visit and have a drink, but the food can be off.Special Features:
- WonderfulLuv2dineDined on 8/13/2014Every Aspect of our experience at Cadiz was perfectly on point! Atmosphere, cocktails & food we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and different menuBennyDined on 8/13/2014We had a very nice experience at Cadiz. The food was an inventive take on southern Italian food, not your everyday Italian joint but still authentic. I started with the pesto gnocchi which was some of the best gnocchi I've ever had. Great summer dish. Then I went with the Halibut with gazpacho which was more of a Spanish dish, and was delicious. Spot on service, and solid wine list. My wife and I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great Spanish - ItalianJohnDined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent - the flatbreads are superb and creative. Salads are fantastic and the chef is very creative in creating a blend of Italian and Spanish Mediterranean style cooking. Definitely worth a visit and Cadiz is definitely worthy of their ranking as one of the top few restaurants in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- Great on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Notable wine list and expert server. I wanted pasta and a bottle of wine this Sunday evening and Cadiz was the perfect spot for this. I have always wanted to stop in here and so glad I finally did. I had the housemade pomodoro. Truly an amazing touch when the pasta is housemade. I could have eaten the table bread, also housemade, and butter for my dinner it was so good. The wine that Sean recommended to go with my pasta was an Italian Pinot and he paired it perfectly. Thank you Sean and Cadiz for a perfect Sunday pairing!Special Features: