509 State St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cadizsb.com/
- Phone: 8057702760x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday-Sunday, 5pm-9pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday, 5pm-10pm
Lounge/Nightclub: Friday-Saturday, 10:30pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Spanish
- Executive Chef: John Pettit
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer various options for catering. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: On Friday and Saturday nights at 10:30pm Cadiz transforms into a lounge/nightclub with DJ's for entertainment.
- Special Events: Cadiz can be used a venue for many different events. Rehearsal dinner's, wedding reception's, the after party to your wedding, bachelorette dinner's and private luncheon's to name a few. Please call to book or inquire
- Cross Street: Haley and Cota
- Public Transit: Right in front of our building at 509 State St.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet Thur - Sun . Please around to our back entrance on Fig Ave. and valet will assist you. Monday - Wednesday there is a public lot across the street on Anacapa and Cota .
A word from Cadiz
Cadiz Restaurant & Lounge offers a Seaside Cuisine influenced by flavors from the seaside villages of Italy and Spain. Cadiz offers pizzas, pastas, seafood, entrees, and a variety of "small plates." The menu is seasonally driven, and all produce is bought from the local Farmer's Market right outside our front door. Our wonderful selection of seafood dishes come from local, harbor fresh seafood, purchased daily. Our mixology bar offers seasonal, market-fresh cocktails, and on weekend nights Cadiz transforms into an upscale European style lounge/nightclub at 10:30 until 2am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cadiz reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (30)special occasion (30)neighborhood gem (18)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (18)notable wine list (17)good for groups (14)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Moorish DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Cadiz is much nicer 'in person' than one would imagine based on the pictures on their website. It feels like dining in a garden at the Alhambra in Granada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance over serviceLivingLargeinCaliforniaDined on 9/24/2014Beautiful restaurant amid the bar scene of this block of State Street. Food was excellent- the wine list limited in the Chardonay world (I know, I know, but that's what my wife drinks!). At 6:30 pm there were a number of empty tables to serve inside, and only one waiter serving the filled outside dining area I had noted on my Open Table Reservation that this was a birthday dinner- which the lovely Hostess acknowledged upon my arrival- however the waiter never acknowledge it- which was awkward. I didn't order deserts thinking he was going to offer the desert menu, and thought prompting him by saying we are going to need a check shortly- he brought the check, we paid and left. I was very disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour !BillVIPDined on 9/24/2014Awesome happy hour, local Pure Order brew and awesome flatbreads !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinner but a bit lackingbeerorwineDined on 9/20/2014seated right away. staff was friendly. waitstaff should scan the room more often. Summer Melon Salad: about 8 melon balls with a sprinking of arugula floating in a literal bath of lavender mint and watermelon vinaigrette. the crispy proscuiutto was so small that they got lost in the dressing. the goat cheese disintegrated also in the liquid. the best part about the grilled beef skewers was the cauliflower dip and another sauce that was on the plate. order a side of pita bread to scoop it all up. they charged us $3 for the pita, but it was worth it. only 3 skewers of beef. Afumigato Flatbread was very good. House-made Pasta Bolognese was very good but a bit on the salty side. decent entre portions. Jaffurs wine was lovely.Special Features:
- Food great, service lacking.JudeDined on 9/19/2014Ate here last Friday night. Food was great but the service was poor. Was brought the wrong entree; waiter profusely apologized and offered to replace but would have taken forever, I was afraid, and my husband was already tucking into his hot pasta. Ate what was brought, and anticipated being comped for the mistake. Nope, in fact was initially upcharged me for the entree brought in error--until I said something. Then a shared dessert took FOREVER to be served. Really put a bad vibe on an evening of otherwise wonderful food.Special Features:
- Cioppino!gparkDined on 9/18/2014Been to Cadiz a few times now and had a nice experience every time. This time around I went with the Cioppino. Great option! Very large portion with a variety of fresh seafood. Delicious, but beware it was a little spicy which I like. I also had the caprese to start with which had such fresh tomatoes and mozzarella. Stuffed by the time I went homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night on our SB tripcanadiangirlDined on 9/12/2014From the moment we walked in a half hour early for our reservation to the moment our waiter and the bartender sent us off to another hot spot to continue our evening ( we had a blast at the Sandbar - thanks Alex ) it was wonderful!!! The table was comfortable for a long lazy dinner, the wine impeccable and the bruschetta was the best we've ever had. ...and the scallops....yum! A great evening. ...one place I would recommend to all my friends and when I think of our trip to Santa Barbara - this night will be my favorite! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantsLocalDined on 9/6/2014Lovely meal with friends. Service was great, staff nice, food good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific meal!foodie7Dined on 8/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Cadiz on Sunday night while visiting SB. The ambiance is lovely. We sat outside, but inside is just as nice. While the menu isn't big, everything we had was delicious and beautifully prepared. We started off with the scallops which were very nice although the sauce was a little heavy. The lamb meatballs were divine. We then had one of the flatbreads that was very flavorful and finally ended up with the gnocchi and it was the best dish of the night. Gnocchi is not something we usually order, but this sounded good and others had raved about it. We are so happy we did. They were small pillow-like dumplings with a wonderful, light pesto sauce. The service was excellent and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Very goodGpmdineDined on 8/30/2014My friend and I both had the halibut at the recommendation of our waiter, and neither of us were crazy about it. The chocolate dessert was great, and other dishes looked like they would have been better.
- Nice place, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014The apps and mains were just OK, but the dessert was good. The service was below average for the price.Special Features:
- Bruschetta to die for!fakefoodieDined on 8/28/2014My friend and I came in for small bites the other night and ended up staying for a full dinner! We started with the Bruschetta and Caprese salad and Pesto gnocchi and it was all so good that we ended up staying for a full dinner and dessert! Everything was delicious but my personal favorite was the bruschetta, which was a different take on bruschetta with avocado's. Fun vibe and our server Chris was great! We will def be back for girl's night againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails fun placeSaraMDined on 8/28/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at Cadiz. I'm always looking for a place with good, inventive cocktails. I loved the "Andalusian!" ...cool name btw. My boyfriend had the steak for dinner and really liked it. I had the halibut with gazpacho mmmmmm so delish. Recommending to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sluggish Service Dash ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014Food was beautiful, tasty and distinctive. The hostess was polite and so was the wait staff. Menus took awhile to arrive as did the food (the hostess finally brought our main courses), even though the restaurant was not even half full. The big problem started when our server asked if we wanted dessert. We said "yes" and waited 5 to 10 minutes for the dessert menu. Then we waited another 15 minutes for our server to come take our dessert order. We finally flagged down the hostess, asked for our check and went elsewhere for dessert.Special Features:
- Usually very goodSnoopy1Dined on 8/25/2014I like this restaurant. Very nice feel to the restaurant.The food is usually very good but I had the pasta with the meat sauce this time and won't order it again. It was extremely dry. Extra sauce didn't help as the meat part was so thick. The staff offered to make something else without any problem. I decided on an appetizer and got the lamb meatballs. It also had a gamy taste to it. The pasta with just tomato sauce is very nice. The beef skewer appetizer was very tasty and so were the lamb meatball appetizer. I have eaten here before and enjoyed my meal and was disappointed this time. I will still go there and just not order the pasta with meat sauce. Great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014This was listed as a 4 star restaurant. As far as the food is concerned, at best, this is a 3 star. Service and ambience was nice. I guess I was expecting a huge wow factor with this restaurant based on previous reviews. I still think it's a nice restaurant, but probably a little over rated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014Very disappointed. Uninteresting food. Some fairly good appetizers, main courses poor. Pasta dishes mushy, heavy, salty. French fries soft. Gnocchi little balls with rich sauce..............
- Amazing ScallopsChristianHDined on 8/20/2014Scallops are one of my favorite dishes and whenever they're available at a restaurant, I order them. These were some of the best tasting, freshest scallops I've had in a long time. Also got the bruschetta which was different than your classic bruschetta but was great. Definitely recommendedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Nice ambiance. Beautiful seasoning and flavors, unique and delicious. Server was experienced and knowledgeable, however when then kitchen slowed because of volume we were sitting with no service....no water refills, no inquiry if we wanted more drinks. Needs to fine tune kitchen and service. Attitude was somewhat arrogant towards the customer as if it was the customers obligation/privilege to dine at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Cadiz did not pleasegastricguruDined on 8/15/2014If you enjoy bad service, small portions, and bland overpriced food then I highly recommend Cadiz. For me and my family, Cadiz did not please.
- Very good service; food just okMesaTennisDined on 8/14/2014Our sever was very helpful and enthusiastic, which made for a good dining experience. Neither our peach nor Caprese salads were fresh. The peaches actually tasted like fried oil, unfortunately. Our main courses were also a bit soggy. Again, a great place to visit and have a drink, but the food can be off.Special Features:
- WonderfulLuv2dineDined on 8/13/2014Every Aspect of our experience at Cadiz was perfectly on point! Atmosphere, cocktails & food we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and different menuBennyDined on 8/13/2014We had a very nice experience at Cadiz. The food was an inventive take on southern Italian food, not your everyday Italian joint but still authentic. I started with the pesto gnocchi which was some of the best gnocchi I've ever had. Great summer dish. Then I went with the Halibut with gazpacho which was more of a Spanish dish, and was delicious. Spot on service, and solid wine list. My wife and I will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great Spanish - ItalianJohnDined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent - the flatbreads are superb and creative. Salads are fantastic and the chef is very creative in creating a blend of Italian and Spanish Mediterranean style cooking. Definitely worth a visit and Cadiz is definitely worthy of their ranking as one of the top few restaurants in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- Great on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Notable wine list and expert server. I wanted pasta and a bottle of wine this Sunday evening and Cadiz was the perfect spot for this. I have always wanted to stop in here and so glad I finally did. I had the housemade pomodoro. Truly an amazing touch when the pasta is housemade. I could have eaten the table bread, also housemade, and butter for my dinner it was so good. The wine that Sean recommended to go with my pasta was an Italian Pinot and he paired it perfectly. Thank you Sean and Cadiz for a perfect Sunday pairing!Special Features:
- MmmmmmdscottDined on 8/6/2014Been to Cadiz a few times and this was the best yet. Saw the lobster on the menu and had to splurge....totally worth it! Very large portion of lobster which came in a farro risotto. Perfect. I hope it's still on the menu next time I'm thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but not cheap at alldawnyDined on 8/5/2014Was a really good meal but the price was far above what we had expected from the Tripadviser recommendationSpecial Features:
- Doesn't quite live up to pricesBrianDined on 8/4/2014Cadiz is very nice, we enjoyed the service and the location on Santa Barbara's main strip, State Street. But we felt the food didn't quite measure up to the prices, which were quite a bit higher than other locations in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Amazing Cadiz!KalawDined on 8/1/2014I love Cadiz. Consistently good Itlaian/Spanish seafood and pastas made with fresh ingredients. Ordered the Capellini Pomodoro, twice in one visit! Try their duck and roasted chicken; they are fantastic. I've been there three times in just the last month. If you're a foodie, you've got to try this place. The ambiance is very relaxing.Special Features:
- Great spotBrianVIPDined on 8/1/2014Really enjoyed Cadiz. Food was great, service was very good and place had great buzz to it. Great all around.Special Features:
- Great ambience and superb food.nesslovesfoodDined on 7/24/2014On arriving we were given a nice quiet corner which was perfect. Even with two children in our party the selection was superb for them as well - my youngest had an excellent burger which he demolished in record time. The service was also perfect, very at tentative when required. This is both a lovely restaurant for a romantic evening or for a group in a beautiful setting. We will be back again on our next trip to the States.Special Features:
- NashvilleNashvilleVIPDined on 7/23/2014Darling atmosphere.good specialty drinks, raw oysters were perfectly prepared and cold, food was exceptional and the staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun new menu items, great serviceeatoutwaytoomuchDined on 7/17/2014I've eaten here a few times and heard that there were some new menu items so wanted to come try them out. Came on a busy Thursday, and got great service even though the restaurant was quite busy. Noticed some decor changes as well which gave it a really fun, hip feel. For dinner I started with the calamari which was fried just right, not too heavy at all, with a really tasty lemon sauce. For my entree I got the King Salmon which was cooked to perfection and came with an amazing corn and blackberry sauce. I will be back soon and recommend Cadiz to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaside Italian menu is a hitwannabefoodieDined on 7/15/2014Came to Cadiz on a quieter Tuesday night and had a wonderful experience. The setting is beautiful and makes for a fun vibe. We sat on the patio which is right on State Street and people watched. My meal was delicious...to start with I had the Diver Scallops which were perfectly cooked, and just right for a starter. For my entree I chose the new Duck dish which was so inventive, and summery and delicious...I can't remember everything that was on it, but it had an amazing sauce along with fresh grilled peaches, YUM! Both dishes were light and summery, but I went home feeling very fulfilled. Will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- great place nestled on state streetcovskiDined on 7/11/2014What a great find. We liked the place so much that we made two reservations during our week long stay in SB. We really enjoyed the roasted mary's chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visitbigeaterVIPDined on 7/8/2014The food and atmosphere are perfect, but our waiter could have been more professional. I really don't like being called "miss" all night. I am a grandmother, not a little girl. I love the unusual cocktails offered there. Looking forward to my next time at Cadiz!Special Features:
- Gets better every time we visit!hilllouDined on 6/20/2014Our Cadiz dining experience was amazing. We are frequent diners there, and always are very happy with the service and the food. During the week I crave their gnocchi and can't wait to go back to order it again. Chef Alex does something wonderful with oxtail and gnocchi, and I am a very tough critic when it comes to any kind of Italian dish. He hits a home run! They have a new on tap Italian beer, Milano, that my husband really loved. Try to leave room for Chef Alex's creative, comforting, and magnificent desserts. Friendly, delicious, attentive, nice ambiance-- every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Was OkayHelgaundHelmutDined on 6/6/2014On the website the pictures looked great, but upon entering Cadiz it seemed smaller and divided up. They gave my wife and me a small table in the inside front section. The online menu showed grilled octopus, which we love, but it wasn't on their restaurant menu. The waiter said, "That's gone." Disappointing. I ordered the dungeness crab salad and the gnocchi with oxtail. The crab salad was good but quite small and the gnocchi was kind of gummy but tasted good. My wife wanted the ridgeback shrimp, but they didn't have any. Another disappointment. She ordered the flatbread, which was tasty and plenty to eat, and the the fried calamari, which was crispy and nicely seasoned. Overall, a fair experience. $13.50 for a martini--kind of steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerKMiddDined on 6/3/2014We had an excellent time at this SB restaurant. I definitely recommend for diners expecting a delicious dining experience and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 220 reviews are from the Cadiz reviews archive.
- Good but not greatPlanetClaireDined on 6/1/2014The food was decent but this restaurant seems to be in the wrong part of town. The area seems to be very popular with college kids and people looking to go bar hopping. Cadiz has an upscale ambiance that doesn't fit with the clientele in the area. The restaurant was extremely quiet the night we were there and lacked ambiance. We've eaten at several other restaurants in Santa Barbara and we would rather return to those than come here again. Overall, it was fine, but not memorable.