188 Grand Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cadaquesny.com/cadaquesny/Welcome.html
- Phone: 7182187776x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 2:00am.
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 4:00am.
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00am - 4:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Guillaume Thivet
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cadaqués
Cadaqués is one of the most romantic restaurants in the heart of Williamsburg. Our menu is an inspiration of the southwest of France, you can enjoy small tapas and a variety of traditional mediterranean plates.Continued
We have a wide selection of dishes suitable for vegetarian and the restaurant has an intensive wine and beer list.
Atmosphere is casual with a great service.
We have a wide selection of dishes suitable for vegetarian and the restaurant has an intensive wine and beer list.
Atmosphere is casual with a great service.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cadaqués reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)romantic (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014I went to cadaquez with my boyfriend on a Monday, and there was only one server on the floor. The space is huge, so that was obviously a huge factor of our meal. The food was great, but took forever to hit the table. The sangria was watered down. So much potential in this place, the space is beautiful. Just give the spazzy waiter a bigger team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousboreas88Dined on 8/22/2014Good was fantastic. Got the dinner to share that included steak duck and pork belly balanced with mash potatoes asparagus and brussel sprouts. Ordered two tapas and it was plenty of food for 3 people. The only downside was no AC which made the restaurant quite hot. Still worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish FoodAnonymousDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and ambiance, great for tapas lovers!!Special Features:
- Good Tapas BarCuquetVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good, especially Pan con tomate was the best so far in NYC. Croquetas de Jamon has nice chunk of Ham which surprisingly tasted better than the plate of Serrano Ham (not bad but not as good as I expected). Nice casual place to have Tapas and a bottle of wine. There was no air conditioning and no available seats in front so we sat on the back. It was hot and we were sweating at the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!TiredAndHungryDined on 8/8/2014Came here with my girlfriend on a Friday night. Was sat down right away! Ambience was great and relaxing, I believe the jazz group that was playing helped. The food was delicious and the service was excellent! Super friendly staff which makes it a big plus. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zizinets2VIPDined on 6/28/2014Our waiter, Oscar was the best! Great recommendations and a pleasure to talk with during our dinner. The octupus was the best I've had and the rest of our plates were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Informal Spanish-ish foodmavenVIPDined on 6/7/2014Casual restaurant with a bar atmosphere. SPanish in name and in many of the items on the menu, though several of them did not seem particularly Spanish. That said, our paella Valenciana was excellent -- flavorful and with the rice done right (fluffy, not gummy as so often happens in ho-hum places) We started with the fried cauliflower, which was surprisingly tasty, and ended with creme caramel (not flan, interestingly), which was very good. The waiters were pleasant, decor nothing much to speak of. We were glad we wentI would recommend this to a friend.
- Again and againFlacoDined on 6/1/2014Your food, service and atmosphere continue to be a key ingredient in the recipe for a deliciously synergetic evening. Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice for president theatrewticemanDined on 5/30/2014Nice staff, great food, cool vibe... the steak was cooked perfectly as was the burger. Fries were not greasy. The churros with fresh cream and chocolate sauce was outstanding. All in all.. a perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Cadaqués reviews archive.
- Wonderful placetarguitnyDined on 5/18/2014First, the food is great! The folks are warm and welcoming. I have been there 3 times and each time was a good experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to see, taste and hear.FlacoDined on 5/17/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was great. The bartender was attentive. The host was charming and welcoming. The food and portions were amazing for three. We each ordered two things and were extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok Spanish foodBKLNMAMAVIPDined on 5/10/2014We went to celebrate my husband's birthday. Food was good not fabulous, good spot for fun date night but not"fit for foodies" on a special occasion nigh. Paella was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great MusicBryNycVIPDined on 4/4/2014It started quiet for a Friday night as we went for a 7:30pm dinner. Jazz started at 8pm and the place started to fill up...the food is excellent!!! Service is great!! Drinks are fantastic!!! Go!!Special Features:
- Definitely worth checking outBeckyDined on 3/29/2014We were so happy to get a reservation on a rainy Saturday for brunch after being shut out at a couple other spots. The place was really cool, our food was great, and the cocktails were awesome. We just had a little slow service, especially considering that it wasn't very busy. It looked like they might have been a little short staffed, so it could have been a one time thing, or maybe just wasn't our server's day. We will definitely go back next time we are in town to try more of the menu. It's definitely worth checking out!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good.JayEllarVIPDined on 3/15/2014I love this place. The food is consistently well executed, the service is attentive but not overly so and the wine list nicely compliments the food offerings. For a winning dinner, try the octopus dish and order the grilled vegetables for sharing. The fisherman soup is a winner as well. The charcuterie appetizer was underwhelming and forgettable. The noise level was moderate; i liked it more when they had a DJ on Saturday nights.Special Features:
- Great vibeDknyDined on 3/7/2014The night I went they had an awesome jazz standards trio with a fantastic singer. The volume was quiet enough to have an intimate conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AMERVIPDined on 2/28/2014We came here on a whim, because the restaurant we planned to go to was full. We were a group of 6, and we were able to get a same-night reservation very easily. The owner was very friendly and the food and drinks were awesome. Try the mussels... they are AMAZING! The only issue is they only take cash and AMEX. I have never heard of a restaurant taking AMEX but not visa or mastercard. Other than that, we had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014we went for a last minute valentines cocktail and it was perfect. nicely decorated, bustling, good service with appropriate wait time. had the tuna tartar was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSliderDined on 2/14/2014Loved this place, the food, the staff, the guy in the hat (I'm sure he was the owner) who was very proud of the place and very friendly and inviting. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- host was rudecrrrumbleDined on 2/14/2014My wife is not tall nor is she super short. However the taller tables had stools instead of chairs. Her feet could not reach the foot rest bar. We had a reservation and just seated. The restaurant was less than half full and plenty of regular tables with chairs. We requested to move but the host rejected us with a poor excuse that he had setup his plan and did not want to alter it. He even claimed that other people with reservations already took the regular tables. If so we were not offered a choice when we made our reservation. I know it's Valentines but a good host would at least be gracious enough to make a slow of trying. This put my wife in a bad mood and ruined our night.
- poor servicealwayshungryVIPDined on 2/8/2014service ruined our meal, paella lacked flavor. we were served complimentary ice cream, which was the best part.
- Why not?NormlGuyDined on 1/9/2014Came here on a first date. Was completely empty and server was especially attentive and helpful. Food is pretty good, but maybe a bit overpriced for what it is. That being said, I would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can get betterRheneMathurinDined on 12/31/2013Aside from the wait and lack of staffs this is a nice place to dine out. Food is excellent, the night my wife and I went; they had a DJ and he was really good. The staffs whom were present were very friendly and up to par with everything the restaurant has to offer.Special Features:
- French bistro w/ Spanish flairYogamom88VIPDined on 12/31/2013Great tapas and entree menu. I dined with my picky husband and 14 year old daughter. My husband ordered a couple of the appetizers, my daughter ordered steak frites medium rare and I ordered the Mouiles Frites and fried cauliflower. We all were so satisfied with our choices as well as the dessert menu, We split the Fondant au chocolat. I was pleased with the Sancerre as my husband loves a warm drink on a cold night and they offered a hot toddy. We truly enjoyed each other's company with the ambiance easy to hold a conversation even when the restaurant filled and the music playing in the background. We wish we had such a restaurant in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas in Williamsburgbolette79Dined on 12/31/2013We went there for an early dinner on New Year's Eve. The place was quite empty when we got there, but filled up soon afterwards. We tried three different tapas from the menu and a couple of their special cocktails. Everything was were delicious and tasty, and the staff was observant and friendly. Our only critique is that they don't accept credit cards apart from American Express, which we were not aware of and using the ATM is rather expensive if you have a foreign credit card.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every aspect is ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/26/2013I make it to NYC a handful of times a year and always make it a priority to patronize this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hardest part is stoppingReveleeDined on 11/22/2013We just wanted to keep eating. We just couldn't stop. We ordered the pork belly entree as part of our desert order. Yes we had subsequent bites of home made ice cream, pork belly, crunchy chocolate dipped churros. Amazing. The crouqets with jamon and oh my lord the risotto dazzled with urchin butter. Really delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this restaurant! GreatCristinaDined on 9/16/2013Loved this restaurant! Great for a casual night and quick bite to eat, but also good for a long romantic sit down dinner. Our server, Jason, was very knowledgable and very sweet! Definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- The real dealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013Charming staff amazing food. It's my second night at cadaques and I was not disappointed. The food is well above average, music was nice and the staff friendly and helfull. We will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Air ConditioningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2013With the heat and humidity we currently have I couldn't believe they didn't have any air conditioning. Friends chose the place, so we stayed. But highly unlikely we'll go back in the summer.
- Very good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2013I went there with my wife and kids and everything was great. I had the ny strip steak and the waiter suggested the perfect Rioja to go with it. The kids menu was great with fresh homemade pastas. It was very lovely experience. We want moreSpecial Features:
- Red FlagOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013Instead of letting me know at the door that their American Express (only credit card that they accept by the way) system is not working, the waiter strategically waited for me to consume $100 and ask for the check to tell me. They conveniently have an ATM INSIDE of the restaurant for Cash Withdrawals. This ruined the experience at Cadaqués.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2013Went for a date night - was mostly full of other couples out for dinner. Fun place to share various tapas! Service was decent and we had nice, intimate spot in the backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFHDinerVIPDined on 5/12/2013Food, OK, service not good. Pretentious, Brooklyn hipster restaurant. They think they are better than they are.
- Best mussels ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013But be warned, they accept only AMEX and cash for payment. It's first time I've been to an establishment that did not accept Visa/MC but did accept AMEX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A BLASTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013Everything was about fun in this place!!!! We opened the door and this vibe of cool 80's/2013's music brought us to great table. The service was super friendly and the food was amazing. The restaurant was packed but the cocktails and our dishes come to us smoothly. I'll come back. So my date, hopefully with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although the brunch specialJaciDined on 3/31/2013Although the brunch special was extremely affordable, drinks and food took a really long time, especially considering the restaurant was nearly empty. Also small ants kept falling on us from somewhere, which was a little creepy.
- Amazing food and nice portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Amazing food and nice portions. A bit loud and the giant screen showing sports was off putting on a Saturday night. The churros were to die for!Special Features:
- Everything was really great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Everything was really great! Felt like I was back in Spain.Special Features:
- Quite wonderful selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2013Quite wonderful selection of creative dishes, I was quite happy as a vegetarian as were my carnivore friends. The garlic soup, beet salad, and asparagus were unique and delicious in particular, and the giant churros with fantastic chocolate and creme brulee were great. Charming and helpful service as well. NIce energy also even for a chilly Monday night...Special Features: