Cactus Pear Southwest Bistro - Clifton
3215 Jefferson Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45220Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Cactus Pear Southwest Bistro - Clifton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cactuspearcincy.com/
- Phone: 5139617400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Lunch and special event catering available. Contact Sally Sunkara or Rohan Dighe at 513-961-7400.
- Private Party Facilities: Seating for 20-25 available in party room. Weather permitting, outdoor courtyard available for parties of up to 30.
- Private Party Contact: Sally Sunkara 513-961-7400
A word from Cactus Pear Southwest Bistro - Clifton
Craving a taste of the Southwest and one of the best Margaritas in town? Cactus Pear has just what you need. Situated in Clifton, near the University of Cincinnati's main campus, you'll be able to enjoy whatever your mood dictates. From our handcrafted southwest and Mexican inspired specialties that include pastas, salads, fish, steaks, fajitas and sandwiches, to our full line of tequilas and Margaritas. You can't go wrong. You'll love our roasted tomato salsa, made in house daily. Whatever you crave, I'm sure we can make you happy. Outdoor dining is available in season. Private parking lot and street parking available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cactus Pear Southwest Bistro - Clifton reviews from OpenTable diners
- Expected moreUCparentDined on 10/12/2013We drove up and parked and were not sure what to expect from the outside, but we were pleasantly surprised on the inside. The service was good, the margarita selection was expansive. But when the (I presume) owner came around and made meal suggestions, he lingered too long and was to overbearing. Besides the fact that the suggestion of the best dish on the menu turned out to be a dud. And no one else at the table had any rave reviews to give. Good ambiance, good service, disappointing food.Special Features:
- Great place! Terrific foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Great place! Terrific food and really friendly atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cactus Pear Lover.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I was in a group of 6 people and I was the only one who had been there before that evening. They all loved it. It was so nice, we were in the back room and felt so special to be able to hangout without feeling rushed. Thanks Michelle ThomasonSpecial Features:
- We were able to fit 15 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We were able to fit 15 people in a private area, which worked out very well. We had a very good waitress who managed a large group with ease. The food was good and everyone had an enjoyable time.Special Features:
- Our lunch took 2 hours forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/11/2012Our lunch took 2 hours for this visit! Typically I am able to leave work and return within 1 1/2 hours. This visit the service was a little on the slow side.
- will be back again and againecclecticeatersDined on 12/8/2012Still love it. Need to take Pork Loin OFF of the menu since they don't have it anymore! Also there was a sign on the table saying to text to a number to get a free chips and salsa. We jumped through all the hoops to do this, told the waiter and he said don't worry about it he would take care of it, and it still showed up on our bill. Not worth quabbling over a $1.95 charge, but don't offer it if you're not going to honor the discount! (ALWAYS get the chips and salsa! They're the BOMB!) Our waiter was as cute as a button too.Special Features:
- Donny Ray likes it!ecclecticeatersDined on 11/30/2012I have always liked the pear. Sally and Swami are wonderful. Everyone working there obviously likes their jobs. ALWAYS GET THE CHIPS AND SALSA!!! Really wanted to get the pork loin, but were told it was no longer available! Well then, take it OFF the menu if you don't offer it anymore!!! Always a consistant high quality meal.Special Features:
- Always great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012Always great food and service! A gem in the neighborhood for sure.Special Features:
- I hadn't been to Cactus PearOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2012I hadn't been to Cactus Pear in 10+ years. The ambiance is poor. The lighting dim and the tables so close together that you can't get up without asking someone to move. The food was ok, a little one-note on the spices. The shredded beef in the enchiladas was tasty and moist. The green tomatillo sauce was piquant, but the beans and rice (especially the rice) were throw-aways. Desserts were tasty. Prices were adequate.Special Features:
- We love the Cactus Pear inOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/28/2012We love the Cactus Pear in Clifton. The service is great and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The food is consistently good and comes to your table really fast! Iit is one of our favorites for Friday night dinner. This time we brought our family wihich includes 3 grandkids 4 and under and the choices for them were excellent.Special Features:
- We met for lunch - one personOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2012We met for lunch - one person was late, the rest had chips & salsa while waiting. The salsa is unique, not the same old fare, and very good. One companion noted this is one of the few places that have plain cheese enchiladas. Portion sizes were good but not crazy.Special Features:
- Great casual dining in anOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2012Great casual dining in an area of Cinci that doesn't have many options...Special Features:
- Great Food, Poor ServiceJeanetteDined on 7/10/2012I met two good friends at the Cactus Pear for dinner, and we very much enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere. Unfortunately, the server was not the least pleased that we stayed for some time talking after we had finished eating, even though the restaurant was not full and there was no one waiting for a table.
- it was good. We got betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012it was good. We got better time by call the restaurant. Your times did not match theres.Special Features:
- We had a group of 10 on SaturdayRustyDined on 5/26/2012We had a group of 10 on Saturday night and had fantastic food and service. Excellent menu, fair prices.Special Features:
- Soft tacos that our friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Soft tacos that our friend got seemed to be the favorite, ordering it veggie, its almost like mini-fajitas
- We had 4 adults and a babyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012We had 4 adults and a baby (highchair) and we were placed at a table for 3-4. Could not easily get the food on the table--very crowed conditions to eat in. Table was right by the service station and the pathway from the kitchen. Constant movement around us, loud noise all the time. That table should be removed or if you place people in that space there should be a huge discount for the discomfort. Food was fine, but difficult to enjoy because of the above. I probably won't be back.
- I like that Cactus Pear hasHubertHumphreyDined on 4/28/2012I like that Cactus Pear has a good selection of vegetarian options. I had the tofu and eggplant fajitas, which were very good, except for the fact that the tofu was a little overdone in my option. The chips and salsa are really good and the beer selection is a cut above, with craft beers on draght. The service was very good also.
- The food was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012The food was wonderful and our service was excellent. Our waitress was more than accommodating!Special Features:
- Apparently they were out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2012Apparently they were out of tamales so they threw some shedded beef on a corn husk and served it anyway. No corm meal, just meat. Actually, one of the things did have some sort of runny, uncooked batter on the bottom. At least I hope that is what it was. On my wife's dish they substituted a little lettuce for pico de gallo. I guess they were out of the pico de gallo also. We have dined frequently over the years at this place but have noticed a deterioration in the last year or so. It used to be a local favorite of ours.
- Warm modern atmosphere. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012Warm modern atmosphere. Very friendly server. Will definitely go back!!
- The service and the mangoJennDined on 12/31/2011The service and the mango margarita's were great. The food was okay. Of the 5 people, 2 were completely satisfied with their order. The Cuban Melt was not as how as it should have been for 2 people and the other person just thought their burrito could have been better. Overall, a good place for a quick bite. Perfect for lunch and/or after work margaritas!Special Features:
- Craig was great --- kept checkingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/2/2011Craig was great --- kept checking and was always there when we needed refills! Great food and fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Very good southwestern / MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/19/2011Very good southwestern / Mexican style food (fajitas, burritos, etc.). Not upscale at all and very family friendly. Service was typical of this type of restaurant ... adequate but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- I would classify Cactus PearEJXD2VIPDined on 11/12/2011I would classify Cactus Pear as one of two things: "Just OK" or "Good in a pinch." I've been twice and haven't been blown away either time, but it's servicable. It's not typical American-style Mex, which is good, and the Tex-Mex flare is fun, but everything seems to fall just short of a truly enjoyable experience.
- We all had a great time, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011We all had a great time, the private dining area was superb!Special Features:
- Not a great experienceamoaventuraDined on 9/23/2011Went with 5 friends, drinks were weak and tasted weird (mainly the margaritas, but the beer was also very flat) and only half the table liked their food. Salsa is goofy tasting. Waiter didn't really respond to the questions we asked about taste. Would probably not choose this again for a while.
- It was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011It was our first visit to Cactus Pear and it was delicious. We'll be back!! We really appreciated being seated (table of 8) in the back room. It gave our group plenty of space and a chance to catch up without being in the way of other restaurant patrons. Thank you!!!!!Special Features:
- The food was very good withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011The food was very good with a wide selection for almost any taste. The servers were all very attentive, helping with all the tables, not just their own. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Cactus Pear a sweet treatCollierCulinaryCritiqueaVIPDined on 7/12/2011I am not normally not a fan of mexican food but this place made me change my mind. The food was fresh, quickly made, and fairly priced. This place will be on the repeat list. The drink options were amazing as well.Special Features:
- A late need for a reservationOutoftownerDined on 4/8/2011A late need for a reservation resulted in a wonderful group/family experience for 15. They were able to put the tables in a box formation so that we could all talk together. Food was very good; service great. Nice find.Special Features:
- nice place. Servers wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011nice place. Servers were friendly. I would go again.Special Features:
- It was perfect for our occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2011It was perfect for our occasion (going away party), staff was very accommodating to our needs. Room fit perfectly for what we needed. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- I went to Cactus Pear withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011I went to Cactus Pear with a last minute reservation on Valentines Day. It was fantastic! The seating was comfortable, service was excellent, and the food was phenomenal. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Food was good but not outstanding,bp57Dined on 2/4/2011Food was good but not outstanding, it was a bit pricey for upscale Mexican. Chips/salsa were brought to table with no mention of the additional charge, $2.99 I think. Should have been given the option.Special Features:
- Just what we ordered!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011I called ahead to let them know we were running about 5-10 minutes late. It was a very crowded night and our table was reserved and ready when we arrived! The food was great and the portions were hearty.Special Features:
- groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2011A group of my friends went out for my birthday. Cactus Pear is a favorite of ours. The food and drinks were good. THe service was great!Special Features:
- A little noisy due to childrenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011A little noisy due to children in the same area. Salsa was good, Caribbean Fajatas as well as Shrimp Fajatas were great. Requested a second beer when meal came. Nearly finished with meal before it was recieved. We had a Groupon. We were informed that because we were using a Groupn, the tip was 18%, which the server automatically added on, for two of us. We have never had this before using a Groupon.Special Features:
- About the best thing theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/11/2010About the best thing they have is good Mexican beer. The food was below average with very few patrons. Order something simple like fajitas.
- Good food, quite, nearly emptyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/28/2010Good food, quite, nearly empty restaurant, not sure why. Love their tofu sandwich! Still find it a bit odd they charge for salsa and chips at a mexican place.Special Features: