Cache Bistro and Lounge
1269 Hamilton Street
Vancouver, BC V6B6K3Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cache Bistro and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cachebistro.com/
- Phone: 6045581269x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thur: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Fri & Sat: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Alex Mok
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's table and private functions can be arranged. Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Zoe 6045581269x
- Special Events: Please call for details.
A word from Cache Bistro and Lounge
Caché Bistro and Lounge is the debut restaurant for Hong Kong born Chef Alex Mok. Honing his skills with the accomplished Chef Herves Martin, the once private chef to the late King of Leopold of Belgium, Chef Alex's inspired dishes emphasize classic French techniques complimented by unique Asian touches. With an extraordinary passion for fine cuisine, Chef Alex sources exceptional local ingredients and then meticulously crafts them into an unforgettable dining experience. The menu is complimented with Hacker-Pschorr, the finest German draft beer in the world, classic handcrafted cocktails and a well rounded wine list showcasing both European and Pacific North West vintages.Continued
Caché will captivate you with its charcuterie, wine and beer flights and some of Vancouver's most imaginative desserts. Caché Bistro and Lounge; Yaletown's neighbourhood French bistro.
Caché will captivate you with its charcuterie, wine and beer flights and some of Vancouver's most imaginative desserts. Caché Bistro and Lounge; Yaletown's neighbourhood French bistro.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cache Bistro and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- A new keeperDerrillDined on 2/7/2014From the time we arrived the service was impeccable, with our waiter there when needed, but never hovering. The food was excellent, from the beet salad, with a crusted goat cheese, to the beef tenderloin, done to perfection, to the chocolate mousse (topped with a special treat) and the crepes suzette, it was all done wonderfully. I would definitely recommend Cache Bistro and Lounge to others, especially with the $38.00 prix fixee.Special Features:
- Quiet Friday after Dine Out Promo..Bellini818Dined on 2/7/2014Our 2nd visit, bringing 2 friends to join us for dinner. The 3 course meal selections were not as appealing unless you chose the more expensive items. The perch came with pasta; however, the quail did not come with rice just a few veggies in a mini skillet. For the price of the quail portion it just seemed overpriced. This is a restaurant that doesn't offer bread while you are waiting for your appetizer, that would be an extra cost. The s'mores dessert was burnt to a crisp. Presentation was not the same as we experienced for DOV 2014. Unsure if we will recommend or return in the future.Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/3/2014The food was great but the service was really slow to start. The menu changes so will definitely have to return to see what else they have to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best ...SaltSpringDined on 1/25/2014I took my daughter and 2 of her friends (all ballerinas) out for dinner at Cache, and once again, Adam Boys (the famous Australian actor) was our server tonight, and he kept everyone (especially the girls) entertained with his wit and charm. And the food was again fantastic. We each had something different off of the menu (duck, quail, filet and trout) and everyone was saying that their meal was the best. The girls loved the desserts, and we had the fortune of introducing one of the girls to Cache version of s'mores, and she thought it was heaven. We can say enough about how great this place is, and we'll be back in a few weeks with the rest of the ballet students. And we'll definitely be looking for Adam again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our Dine Out Experience.Bellini818Dined on 1/25/2014Very convenient, just two doors down. We were amazed with the flexibility of the menu where we were able to select from the Dine Out menu & their regular menu to create our own 3 course dinner. Presentation of the food especially the desserts we ordered was amazing. Our waiter was friendly & knowledgeable with the menu and able to make conversation. We enjoyed our first Dine Out experience at Cache Bistro & Lounge and will definitely be returning to experience the other menu items.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014My second here and it was awesome! Food was great, service was friendly, my friends loved it!! For some reason, it was very quiet on a Thursday evening but that didn't bother us since it gave a nice, soothing environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of potential!ladydocVIPDined on 1/17/2014This was our first time at Cache Bistro. It is a very small venue - typical of a lot of Vancouver Bistros where space is at a premium. We were seated promptly by the hostess. 10 minutes later she came back to ask if our server had greeted us yet. When we replied "no", he appeared within the next minute. We had to ask for water.We both had fois gras pate which was excellent except it was a tiny portion served on a stale piece of bread. The duck breast was very nicely prepared but the veggies were mushy and unexciting. My husband's fish was tasty but the portion was tiny and he left hungry! The profiteroles dessert was adequate with disappointing pastry. With so many choices in Yaletown, I don't think we will return.
- surprisingly goodyummVIPDined on 1/11/2014Really enjoyed the benny brunch; and the people watching was a great bonus.Special Features:
- Server Adam Deserves a Raisebabz3000Dined on 12/24/2013When my original Christmas Eve dinner reservation for another restaurant was unceremoniously denied at the eleventh hour, I first panicked, then scrambled to find another good place to go with my family party of five. Thankfully Caché had openings for dinner - phew. From the moment our server, Adam, stepped up to the table, we instantly felt at home. He was funny, charismatic, charming and super knowledgeable about the food. He made us feel welcome and very much at home during our family Christmas Eve outing. The food (I had the chestnut soup, Turducken, and eggnog creme caramel) was delish, as well. A very special thank you to Adam for adding a huge helping of festive joy to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Creative Menu -Like2EatDined on 12/24/2013In spite of online reservation, we were seated at a high table with stool - restaurant was fully booked- however looked like a wine bar rather than a full-on restaurant. Food was of very high standard - however could have been served a bit warmer or on a hot plate. Appetizers were a bit small - however beautifully presented. The crepe with Orange Peel was the highlight. The vanilla eggnog desert was very plain. I would have expected a bit of trim and garnish to show some of the festive nature of Xmas. As a whole satisfied - but expect more from a restaurant with this kind of menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service were exceptional.thedeezDined on 12/20/2013food and service were exceptional. It was our first time there and we will be making this a regular dining stop! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good overallRowyDined on 12/2/2013The food we had was very tasty. My only issue with the food was the "Crepe Suzette" which had no Grand Marnier / Cointreau / orange liqueur / brandy. The service was very friendly and attentive. Good value overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeSidwain10Dined on 11/16/2013The staff were excellent, the food was beyond my expectations. We didn't feel rushed after enjoying our meal. Will definetly being going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We got off to a rocky startWanttoknowVIPDined on 11/2/2013as we were told we would have to sit at the bar as all the tables were full. I reserved in advance to enjoy a 'french bistro' not a bar counter looking at a big screen TV, not the evening we had planned. The only reason we chose to stay was because the weather was so bad. We enjoyed the food, the salads were beautifully presented, very good flavours. My dining companion enjoyed the ribs, very tender and the cute little corn bread cake pops. I had the deboned quail which was good but could have used some type of sauce as it was a bit dry, the sweet potato that came with was not warm through, so that was disappointing. So all in all it was a disappointing evening at a restaurant we were hoping would become a frequent dining choice.Special Features:
- Great Food, But.....RollyMDined on 10/29/2013The food was great, as was the service. The only complaints we had was that the Mok Ribs were lukewarm when they were served and the corn bread was a little dry. The wines were very reasonably priced (unlike a lot of restaurants) and the food was well priced. We were concerned about parking early on a Saturday evening but were pleasantly surprised to find an abundance of parking in front of the restaurant. There was not a lot of available parking when we left at about 10pm however. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantbalmDined on 10/12/2013The food was delicious and the service excellent - this restaurant is a real gem and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was such a great experiencemeyetnotmeDined on 10/11/2013The food was amazing. I had the luxury to try the Chef's Feature, which was the bone marrow risotto, pheasant, pumpkin pie... that was a very very good choice. Bone marrow risotto - mouthful of flavor; Pheasant - moist, delicious, tastes a bit of asian fusion in it; Pumpkin pie - focus not at the pie but the white chocolate cream, which i was told was hand whipped by the chef... and it showed because the texture was more thick but so lovely yet not like ice cream. It was a fantastic meal :) well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for the special arrangementDor528VIPDined on 10/10/2013I have booked a table for 4 and made a special request re a birthday cake to my friend. I didn't expect Chef has prepared a special blueberry crepe cake to our table. It's not only delicious but mindful. Thanks for giving my friend a very special night.Special Features:
- Good French cuisineSundaydinerDined on 9/11/2013Having recently returned from France, we were pleasantly surprised with starters and main courses - really good French cuisine - great taste and presentation. The dessert was a bit bland though and looked much better than it tasted. Service was excellent (thank you Soffie!)I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2013Good menu with imaginative presentation. The wait staff were uniformly pleasant and informative. We had escargots and pate for entrees and scallops and steak frites for mains - all excellent.Special Features:
- Ikea blanketTHW44VIPDined on 8/17/2013They has ikea blankets for use for outside diners along with warm heatersSpecial Features:
- Restaurant was not busy butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Restaurant was not busy but service was slow. One couple left after being seated because server took too long. Foot descriptions were not accurate. Fo example a sundries tomato crus was actually Dijon mustard and a mint sauce was actually so spicy I couldn't eat it.....but they did make consolations for the slow service and staff was friendly. Just don't go if you have any sort of timeline...Special Features:
- Ok, but.....VanphxDined on 7/31/2013Food was great, but the service could`ve been better and attentive. Also the kitchen is very slow, we were there for 2 1/2 - 3 hours for dinner and then had to rush to our other engagement.Special Features:
- Good dinnerTheVJaminDined on 7/29/2013We went for brunch and we loved it so we decided to come back for dinner. It's well presented. The food is good even I think the portions were a little small! But I think it's the kind of restaurant! The server was very nice. My only complain could he that it was a little long between dish... We will come back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodvancouverfoodieDined on 7/26/2013Great place for dinner. Food was very well prepared, reasonably priced, bearable wait for food to come. This one of the best dinners I've had this year. We had a lobster bisque, duck le orange, foie gras and duck breast. Everything was imply delicious. Definitely will be back not once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great find! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2013This was a great find! We went on a friend's recommendation and were so pleased. The selections on the fixed price menu appealed to my guest and I was so impressed with the Beet Salad (tasty, presented beautifully, could have served two) and the chef's special Mok's Ribs. The sauce was not tomato based, so flavorful, and the meat did literally fall off the bones. Both the host and the server were knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. We will each be taking others back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for girls lunch gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013I went there with 2 other ladies for brunch on a weekend. This is our second time there as we can stay longer without being rushed out and enjoy our brunch. The menu has been changed since last time so I tried Casoulett which was a beans and sausage stew topped with a pouched egg. I think it was not flavorful enough to enlighten my face...not exciting dish for brunch. My friends ordered Croque madame and they said it was good and looked like it was a good portion as well, so I better order it next time.Special Features:
- Foot and Service OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2013This neighborhood gem was a delight. Lobster bisque and foie gras were AMAZING. The steak and duck a l'orange were perfect. No words could describe how good dessert was. Our server Quinn was a gem. Try it ASAP. You'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.... We will be backTheVJaminDined on 6/16/2013The brunch is very good. We went for Father's Day and they offered a beer and a nice beer glass to my husband! The brunch was delicious. I really loved their free range egg. We will be back for sure. Next time I would like to go for dinner...Special Features:
- Amazing little bistro!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2013I brought my girlfriend here and we had an amazing evening dining on their fixed course menu. Every dish was very unique and tasted absolutely amazing. The server that we had was great to talk to as well and to be honest he made half the meal as he he felt like a friend rather than a simple server. All in all phenomenal place to go to! The tree desert was amazing to see!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our second time atShortyVIPDined on 5/18/2013This is our second time at Cache and both times we have had excellent service from attentive and personable wait staff. The Lobster Bisque is one of our favourite appy's, especially the puff pastry crust. The main course of Salmon was done perfectly. We are always too full to carry on with a dessert, but am sure that they are all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the ambience of thefoodloverrDined on 5/12/2013I like the ambience of the restaraunt - small , dimly lit red room. I felt exclusive in there. The waiter was very kind and patience when I asked him to explain the menu. Although I didn't enjoy my filet mignot as much, because it was a little overcooked and chewy. I did love the lychee prawns. The bacon wrapped quail was very tasty as well. I'm glad it ended on the highnotes with the delicious desserts: the French brest and the chocolate mousse. Overall I enjoyed the restuarant and it was a great Mother's Day/birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2013Our reservation's 6:15. Granted we arrived late, we missed getting the wine freebie that comes with the prix fixe dinner if we had ordered by 6:30. Not sure if the waiter was really that busy or conveniently came by after the 6:30 mark. Restaurant's not even 1/2 full w/2 servers. It's really not enough. Saw owner paying much attention to the couple, so felt a bit neglected. We're dining w/kids on Mother's day. Would be nice if we were attended too earlier. Our waiter even mentioned how well our kids behaved given the LONG dinner. Appy n main r delish. But NOT impressed with the dessert -Paris Brest. It's a choux pastry, halved, filled with whipped cream n strawberries. The cream was WARM. Warm whipped cream really isn't appetizing.Special Features:
- Okay, but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Having never been there before, we had our Mothers' Day lunch at Cache Bistro & Lounge. The menu seemed rather restricted, and the mains were served about 30 seconds after the appetizers, which was disappointing. Although the staff were very friendly, it surprised me that they would serve both courses simultaneously without recognizing the obvious confusion! Aside from the crowding on the table, we were concerned that the main courses would be cold before we got to them. The dishes are reasonably priced, but on balance I thought they were moderately sized. The food was tasty, and we enjoyed ourselves, but we weren't blown away. Probably won't hurry back, just because there are many other restaurants in Vancouver to explore.
- Friendly Service, Reasonable PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013I booked a table for 4 for Mother's Day. It was a brunch with my husband, his mom, myself and our 18-month old. The server was very friendly and helpful. Food was good, although I wasn't blown away by it. Prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- nothing less than a grea experiencermasonDined on 5/11/2013I chose this place in search for somewhere to have a mothers day brunch that was casual, but still offering fancy gourmet style food. This met all those expectations, with the adition if amazing service and a great ambiance. overall, great experience and place to take someone for a pleasant morning meal. it looks like a great place to lounge as well with a few friends. come check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2013Visited Cache with my fiancée after reading reviews on Opentable. From start to finish...it was a great experience. As we are not to familiar with French/Asian cuisine...asked our server for recommendations. We each tried their fixed menu with wine pairings. Delightful appies, amazing entrees (sablefish and steak frites), scrumptious desserts, and perfect wine pairings. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is simply fantastic ...SaltSpringDined on 5/4/2013I took four 13 year old girls, and my wife, out to this restaurant, and we had one of the best times ever. The waiter (an Australian by the name of Adam, I think) made this a night of laughter and good times. The food was excellent. I had the fixed price menu, which started with a rabbit terrine that was perfect, followed by sablefish that was done to perfection. The rest of the table was equally impressed, and the filet minion was given rave reviews by the girls. But in the end, it was Adam that made the night fantastic. By the end, the girls were laughing so hard, tears were coming from their eyes. Highly recommended, and we will be back.Special Features:
- An Unexpected SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013One of just a handful of restaurants with an available reservation for five people on a Saturday night, Cache had me slightly worried. It turned out, however, that I needn't have fretted as the food more than made up for the small shortfalls of the evening. The Prix Fixe Menu at $35 is a steal for the excellent food-smartly presented, well-balanced, and most importantly, delicious. Everyone in our party raved about their meal. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseKoalabearVIPDined on 5/4/2013My friend and I used a Social Living voucher for the raclette appetizer for 2.We were warmly welcomed and proceeded to have a lovely 2 hours,enjoying the delicious raclette,then sharing the perfectly prepared sablefish special.Our waiter was charming and helpful and this certainly contributed to a wonderful pre-symphony meal.The décor may not be to everyone's liking(previous occupant was a Thai restaurant) but we were comfortable and enjoyed the ambience.We appreciated the $6.50 a glass Prosecco which is $11.00 at one of our usual places.The wine list is small but has some reasonable choices..We will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.