CABO Restaurant and Tequila Bar
210 2nd Street
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
CABO Restaurant and Tequila Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cabo-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3022268226
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Whether celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or holiday event, CABO Restaurant and Tequila Bar is happy to assist you with the ideal spot to host your next special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Private Party Coordinator 8665124889
A word from CABO Restaurant and Tequila Bar
Cabo will be an upbeat and leading-edge tequila bar with an array of Mexican shared-plates, ceviches, tacos, burritos and fresh fish. The new Cabo Restaurant & Tequila Bar will feature over 40 varieties of tequila, margaritas by the glass and by the pitcher.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CABO Restaurant and Tequila Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great service & FoodsammDined on 11/16/2013It was nice going here in the off season. The restaurant was not as fully as it typically is in the summer. Our server was outstanding and everything came out quickly. The food was great, as usual!Special Features:
- Jay Caputo Dining ExperienceObisOneDined on 10/26/2013We did Espuma, Cabo and Rose and Crown this week. All we're better than expected, which is tough to do. We particularly liked...well, everything!Special Features:
- First time visitpmrthirdVIPDined on 10/20/2013Had never been to this fairly new restaurant. I was not sure what to expect but I was pleased overall. They were hosting a happy hour in the bar area with discount food and drink. I was stuffed on 2 fish tacos and nachos with short rib. The short rib was very plentiful on the nachos too! Their house wine was from Chile (I know, what am I doing drinking wine at a Tequila Bar), but I am not a tequila fan! The house Cabernet Sauvignon was very good (Chilean)! The bartender, host and waitress on that night were ALL super nice and trying to please everyone, including myself! Next time, I may check the deck upstairs (outside) with fire pit! Well, as long as it is not winter! LOLSpecial Features:
- FUNdinaDined on 10/5/2013I have eaten at Cabo maybe 5 times now and always upstairs on the roof. I never had a bad experience! Always fun and the food is very good. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaboOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/21/2013Worst civiche I have ever had, virtually no fish, no flavor, very small portion for $11. Steak and pablano burrito had no steak or pablano. Was made with brisket, which was tasty and plentiful, but not as described on menu.Special Features:
- Food was better than expectedchickVIPDined on 9/7/2013Food was better than expected as I had read some ugly stories about this place so was pleasantly surprised at the food. Then we got a pitcher of Sangria. It obviously was old, red even though it was white wine. Shocking that a James Beard winner would serve such an item.Special Features:
- alot of fun!dinaDined on 9/1/2013Sat up on the top balcony and had no problems getting a seat. Food was delicious; service was great and the sangria's were amazing. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible food and serviceKeggerDined on 8/18/2013We arrived and were seated outside. Started to drizzle so we were accomodated inside. Had to wait about 15 minutes before I alerted hostess that we had received no service. Then, time from drink order to serving was 15 min. Margaritas below average. About 30 tortilla chips were placed in the center of our table of 8 people. Salsa extremely watery. Food order to serving was almost an hour. Didn't order appetizers because entrees included side salad. Thought we never received them. In retrospect, side salad was the sad looking shredded ice berg lettuce on the side of the entree. Corn salsa included with entrees was never served. Food was burned and portions were small. Don't waste a minute of your time at Cabo.
- Awful food!Kjl8VIPDined on 8/14/2013Burrito was like soup in a bowl. Veracruz fish was tasteless, sauceless and dry. Nothing arrived as described on the menu! Waitress response was "that's the way it is". Pretty sure the margarita had no alcohol in it. Just don't go there!
- Worst $52 ever spentVacatripDined on 7/27/2013First off I waited at least ten minutes till I had to go to the hostess and say no one has even greeted my party at the table. Finally someone came who I'm not really sure if they were our server. We ordered drinks and food and had to deal with a very loud table nearby. We were hungry so the food was good but probably because of the wait. Thinking back our meals were supposed to come with side salads & chips at which we never got the salads. My meal was supposed to come with corn too. The chips WoW who messes up chips? We received them with our entrees and had to sift through the hard ones and the soft ones. My only positive is that the margarita was pretty good but pricey. This place needs to improve their customer service period.Special Features:
- Food is awfulRehobothweekenderDined on 7/20/2013All five of us agreed that our meal was terrible. It just wasn't very tasty. The Sangria pitcher was good but not as good as it used to be. They used to make amazing homemade Sangrias with lots of fruit. This time there were no e. finally the noise level indoors was intolerable. We couldn't hear each other it was so bad. The only reason to go hear are for the Sangrias on the small rooftop deck.
- This was our second time hereDCPRPROVIPDined on 7/19/2013This was our second time here and the food and drinks were quite good. What we really like is that despite the crazy summers at Rehobeth Beach, you can make rezzies here and know you'll have a great dinner place.Special Features:
- Something was offpescia1Dined on 7/18/2013Have been to Cabo several times and this time wasn't the same. Michelle in the bar was pleasant and attentive. There was something lacking in the dining room though. It was early and our server only had one other table. Service was slow and the kitchen missed our soup. What happens when they're busy? Just wasn't our usual experience.
- Don't go to Cabo!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2013We have dined at Cabo three times - the first time was last winter and the food was good. The second time we thought the food had definitely gotten worse, but thought it was perhaps just an off night. This time, the food was absolutely TERRIBLE! All four of us were very unhappy with our dinners and we would absolutely never go back there again, and would tell other Open Table diners to go to one of the many other great restaurants in Rehoboth, and to steer clear of this one. The only bright spot about Cabo was our server Ally, who was great.
- Good drinks, food disappointingFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/2/2013We went to Cabo with a group of 8 (5 adults, 3 kids) who eat a lot of Mexican food. The specialty margaritas were fabulous, as was the guacamole trio. However, everything else ordered was a bit of a disappointment. Also, we had to keep requesting additional chips for our guacamole (it almost seemed like there was a chip shortage). Service was ok. Would only go back for drinks. We choose this restaurant since we were able to get in at the last minute with a large party. We now understand why we could get in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been better.DrRonDined on 7/1/2013My wife and I made an early reservation (5:30 PM) on a Monday to celebrate her birthday. We had never been to Cabo and thought that we'd avoid the summer weekend crunch. The weather in Rehoboth was dreadful on that particular July day, so we had no idea how crowded the place would be. From the moment we stepped into the establishment, we were impressed by the friendly atmosphere and inviting decor. While there were a few other couples in the dining room, the ambience was soothing and relaxing. Our server was very attentive and helpful in suggesting options for our meals. The margaritas were excellent and our entrees were superb. We will definitely visit Cabo again this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly DisappointedLAURADined on 6/22/2013Was excited to try restaurant this past weekend. Ended up very disappointed. Ordered the nachos with chorizo sausage. The nachos arrived with many chips on the outside black and burned, needing to be sent back.The guacamole was a hard clump. Then as an entree, ordered the shrimp with peppers, tomatoes and corn. ($16). There were 6 very small shrimp, no tomatoes and 6 kernals of corn. While it was tasty, it was hardly worth the price (The manager did reduce the price when he was notified). My dining mates did enjoy their tacos and all day pork. We also thought the margaritas were lacking . If you want upscale Mexican, stick to Agave in Lewes, where I believe the owner of Cabo owns the Rose and Crown, which I have tried and was very pleased.
- Things have changed at Cabo....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013....and not for the better. This has been one of our favorites since it opened but after our most recent experience there, we won't be going back anytime soon. Some food ordered at our table was very good (enchiladas) but some not - skirt steak - or not available at all that day - pork chops - which we were only told after we had already ordered. No plantains available that day either, which, again, we weren't told until we tried to order them. Their signature corn was average at best and not served in the husk, which has always been a nice touch. Overall, the energy was sluggish, the staff under-informed and not on their game - no silverware or napkins until we asked after our food was served - and some food just so so. Disappointing!Special Features:
- restaurant weekCB56Dined on 6/3/2013I had dinner during restaurant week. The special price was $25 for a "classic Margarita, a choice of 4 appetizers and a choice of 4 dinners. The Margarita tasted watered down and served in a short glass with ice, no lime. The shrimp quesadilla appetizer was recommended by the server and it was good. The mahi-mahi fish was excellent, but it was served over a mixture of white rice and black beans which were not tasty or inspired. The vegetable enchiladas were good, but on the plate in a glob was a serving of re-fried beans which had already started to harden on the top. I was not impressed.
- Had a great corner table inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2013Had a great corner table in the Treehousea at Cabo for the start of restaurant week. Tried the Pre-Fixe menu Chipotle Chicken (very good) and Grilled Steak Burrito (not bad). Margaritas were a bit weak and my wedge salad app was missing the promised Queso Fresco. Service was very good this time as compared to our first visit late last summer when it was just plain awful. All-in-all a good dinner and eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, what happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2013We ate here on the Sunday evening before Memorial Day. Usually the food and service have been good, we've been several times. But not this evening. Our entire experience last 2.5 hours, of which only the last 20 minutes was with our main course. The food that did arrive was room temperature at best, and when one of the plates was sent back because of the temperature (twice!) it finally came hot from the oven, dried out and nearly inedible, instead of making a fresh plate. Tortillas will do that, you know. Also, CABO ran out of avocados. What Latino restaurant does that? The explanation given for the problems was that it was a holiday weekend and they were slammed. How could they not know that it would be busy AND PREPARE FOR IT?
- Great margaritas!KirbyskipperDined on 5/26/2013Great happy hour....food's also good. Overall, a nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cabo, better than nothingRamseyDined on 5/25/2013Loud, slow, chaotic, over priced, small portions, inattentive waitstaff, with good food. Plan ahead and go elsewhere.
- Don't expect them to honor itDaveVIPDined on 5/25/2013Showed up ontime for reservation. Was told wait of atleast a half hour. What is the point of a reservation? No apology or offer of anything as comp. we left Food and ambience rated from visit in 2012
- Poor service, poorly trainedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013Poor service, poorly trained staff...management did NOT care about mistakes, spilled food on clothing etc. No compensation for gross errors at this poorly managed restaurant.
- Skip CaboOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/17/2013Half hour before drinks were served and dinner order was taken. Even longer for dinner to be served. Terrible dry and tasteless black beans. Disinterested waitress. Only the host finally seemed concerned, but had little influence on the outcome. Unfortunately two very loud parties brought the noise level way past acceptable and no attempt was mad by staff to ratchet them down a notch, making a long mediocre meal an ordeal.
- DisappointedKT927Dined on 5/6/2013My husband and I dined at Cabo on Monday 5/6/13. We were staying across the street at The Bellmoor Inn and noticed the restaurant. Since the weather was cold and rainy, we decided it seemed like the place to try. We entered and we were the only people in the restaurant.. Our server was very nice. Unfortunately, the bartender on duty was a loud mouthed obnoxious employee. She stood behind the bar telling other coworkers about some horrible people she waited on and she was going on and on VERY LOUDLY! We were the only people in the restaurant, one would think she would try to conceal her voice. We waited almost 15 minutes for our cocktails only to find out the one I ordered she didn't have. We definitely will not return. The food was okay.
- Great Service...northerngirlDined on 5/4/2013It was a busy night even with a reservation we (5) had an hour wait. The great food and service made up for our time at the Hostess Stand.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never go back....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/4/2013- we had to ask for our waiter after 15-20 minutes...food was awful. We took friends and were embarrassed. Table was ready....food was slow.....drinks were slow...no attention. It pained me to pay the bill.
- Great MargaritasnewintownDined on 5/4/2013Margaritas here are just about the best I have ever had and a pitcher is a great way to go. The restaurant should look for a better way to pour the drink without loading it with ice. Our waiter was very accommodating and brought us a ladle to assist with this task.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and disappointingSGJMMoDined on 4/27/2013Room we were placed in had 2 large parties of woman and a large family with a crying baby. Was hard for us to talk above the roar. When the food arrived we were beyond disappointed with the mahi tacos. Two of us ordered it There were only two/three VERY small bites of fish and the order I had was mostly burnt. Drinks were good and others entrees were good.Special Features:
- good food but when we gotTnortVIPDined on 4/27/2013good food but when we got there it was only partially full and they sat us next to a large table with loud children. Why would you do that. There were plenty of other tables to seat us at without subjecting anyone to that!
- It was our first time here,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013It was our first time here, we wanted to check it out. The food was good. We came while it was late in the evening - around 9:00. So I think the server may have been ready to leave. She was still pleasant, but lacking some enthusiasm. For being a tequila bar, the server wasn't very enthusiastic about the tequila. She just mentioned that the more expensive it was the better it was.Special Features:
- This is a so-so restaurantRehoMoeDinerVIPDined on 3/30/2013This is a so-so restaurant in Rehoboth. Very mediocre. I would suggest dos locos over this place any day of the week. Probably won't go back.
- Great place to dine late atsamdeeVIPDined on 3/29/2013Great place to dine late at night. We had appetizers and margaritas which were very good and completed our day. We definitely will return as the value for the food is exceptional in Rehoboth. The atmosphere can be noisy, but it is a good place to have upscale bar food.Special Features:
- FROM BROADKILLOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013EXCELLENT AND TRULY UNEXPECTED.WINTER NIGHT SO IT WAS GREAT BY THE FIREPLACE. FOOD WAS WELL BEYOND OUR EXPECTATIONS... YES WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:
- Very loud with you g footballCmooreDined on 1/12/2013Very loud with you g football crowd. No place to sit. Smoky from fireplace..Special Features:
- Love the short rib nachos!TuckerVIPDined on 12/29/2012Love the short rib nachos! Yum. Quality food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- The food was very good, althoughrbdinerVIPDined on 12/28/2012The food was very good, although a little spicier than I expected. We have eaten here a few times with my family and do wish there was a children's menu available. Using Open Table in Rehoboth is a pleasure.
- Seen many reviews that praisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012Seen many reviews that praised this restaurant......no at all what we expected. There are so many places with better food in Rehoboth Beach. Would not go back...