Cabo Flats - Delray Beach
14851 Lyons Rd Suite 122
Delray Beach, FL 33446Neighborhood:
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Cabo Flats - Delray Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caboflats.com/
- Phone: (561) 499-0378
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am -3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Chef David Honig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact our catering manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Featuring Karaoke, the area"s best DJs and live bands.
A word from Cabo Flats - Delray Beach
Cabo Flats is your home for a tasty & true Mexican meal featuring the very best tacos, burritos, enchiladas, guacamole, and signature dishes. Our huge, delicious, fresh & famous Cabo Margaritas and drink specials help our guests unwind at anytime. Each day, Cabo Flats focuses on serving excellent food and providing the friendliest service, in an energetic and entertaining atmosphere. Enjoy Cabo Flats with your family in our unique and comfortable dining area, watch the big game on our huge TV screens sitting around our open-air bar and patio, or dance the night away to the area’s best DJs on our fiesta floor. Cabo Flats...Come to Eat, Stay to Party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Cabo Flats - Delray Beach - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Cabo Flats - Delray Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- FoodSRMmmDined on 11/6/2014Mostly tasty. The new avocado strips were too moistSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCoolbreezeDined on 11/6/2014The service was good. The food quality was fair. You have a choice to sit indoors and be deafened by the music being piped in or you can sit outside with numerous dogs many of which are barking and/or sparring with each other while their "parents" dine.
- Shea the Hostess was awesome!lildee0216Dined on 10/31/2014I have tried to call a few times to talk to the GM but I cannot get through on the phone line, I am put on hold or hung up on. We made a reservation for 8:30pm on Friday October 31st, 2014 (thinking it's Halloween= busy). The place was not busy at all, we were seated right away. About 20min after we were seated no one came to our table for drink orders or to say hello. My husband went up to the hostess and asked if we can have a waiter come over, she left to ask someone. Another 10min went by and no one came. Finally the hostess (Shea) came to our table to ask if anyone had waited us and took it upon herself to get our drink orders. She did an excellent job at up-selling and got the process moving. Thank you for the excellent service Shea!Special Features:
- Good Mexican FoodGTSNY1VIPDined on 10/18/2014I really enjoyed this rather noisy place. Taco's were excellent, very good Fajitas and excellent guacamole.Special Features:
- Just okMJMJVIPDined on 10/18/2014We chose this restaurant for it's Delray location and vegetarian selection. While we had a reservation people kept coming to the desk to get a table. The hostess would say 20 minute wait. The restaurant was only half full. The restaurant remained the way through our dinner. We left at 8pm. My husband spilled water and no one helped us. We asked for napkins and went through a whole dinner with no napkins. We asked 2x. The food is affordable and very oily. Won't go back. The restaurant was noisy on purpose. The acoustics is a design element to make one think the restaurant was energetic. It was obnoxious.
- PriceShafeDined on 10/17/2014Overpriced and small uneven portions. Sangria overpriced.Special Features:
- great location - poor performance7239VIPDined on 10/11/2014the restaurant is very nice and is in a great location within Delray Marketplace. The only plus for the entire experience was the guacamole. It was fresh and delicious, but unfortunately they missed the mark on everything else. The taco salad was big, but was topped with ground beef that tasted like it came out of a Chef Boyardee can. The chimichanga was small and tasteless and did not even come with some type of side. Our experience here was not welcoming and was not worth the money..... we will not be returning. There are better mexican restaurants around.Special Features:
- Cabo Flats - Noisy and DarkbocadinerDined on 9/27/2014Noisy and Dark is all that I recall. It was dark and the menu was in black letters on dark color background. Who thought of such brilliance, I wonder. The food was so so. The service was very good, thanks to the waiter, a pleasant and charming person.Special Features:
- Good not greatGrandpabenDined on 9/26/2014Better than average. Manager came to table...for two seconds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- after movienormVIPDined on 9/20/2014great food location parking can be a problem service was terifficSpecial Features:
- DisappointingFoodieBVIPDined on 9/20/2014Not what we were expecting plus we had a bad experience having to wait a long time to be served.
- Enjoyable but tone down the musicDelrayLakeResidentDined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed the food. Service was a bit slow, however, when manager saw us sitting with our menus he came over to take the order. Recorded music was too loud and too pounding for our tastes. Great location, but parking can be a hassle. Shopping center has valet parking for $5. This was our second visit to Cabo and we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican foodMkrausDined on 9/6/2014That restaurant use up to be better but I didn't like my dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fun alternativeDrEdDined on 8/16/2014Bustling with hip vibe, food quality and taste decent enough but not as unique as the decor, service friendly lacking polish. Would return for after movie meal.Special Features:
- ConvenientnavidadVIPDined on 8/10/2014If you are going to the movies, this restaurant is very convenient and the food is good. This was my second time there. The first time was great but this time the waitress was seriously awful. Had to ask for EVERYTHING from more drinks, to taking the money!Special Features:
- Great food, fun atmospherejolen0623VIPDined on 8/10/2014We always love the food here - great variety, moderate prices and always delicious! We had an awesome waitress who made the night even better! There's a nice outside eating area with fans to cool, and the bar is open to outside as well. Once it gets a bit cooler, we love eating outside, but inside isn't too noisy like some restaruants. This is our "go to" restaurant after Sunday golf...and it NEVER disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh-xican restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Simply put, the food was bland. The margarita was good, but even with that they only salted one side of the rim. Try other restaurants in Delray Marketplace.Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Cabo Flats - Delray Beach reviews archive.
- Yummy!HebKDined on 7/20/2014Great experience. Food was great. My son and I had an enjoyable nite out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and goodScottyD993VIPDined on 7/19/2014Have been going there once a week for about 2 months. Always fun. Always good. Whether it's just my wife and I or the kids join in, we. Love it. Shrimp tacos or any kind of fajita. Love the queso fun dido with chorizo. Make sure to get dessert. 3 favorites are molten chocolate, fried ice cream and the bread pudding. Does what this type of place should do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No LIVE DJ not great for partiesMelwebDined on 7/12/2014This place was nice, only issue they stopped the LIVE DJ :-( I planned a birthday party for my girlfriend there, spoke to the staff a head of time so that I could set up, but they didn't have my table ready and would not reserve it, ROCCOS TACOS will reserve your spot and let you set up. Spoke to management about it and they did nothing to help the situation, so don't plan on an event at this location. Can't speak for all Cabo Flats, but the one in Delray was an issue, they need to bring the DJ back do specials and promote to the younger crouds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and foodAMAllenDined on 7/12/2014Their menu calls out gluten free and healthy options...which is greatly appreciatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamckrDined on 7/12/2014Fun place to eat. Food is good, as is the service. The noise level is way too high. I don't like shouting to my tablemates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast!lovedrinksDined on 6/28/2014We joined our friends for a late dinner and drinks. Food was delicious and cocktails were tasty as well.Special Features:
- Fun DiningyummytummyDined on 6/28/2014Cabos Flats is a fun place to dine. The guacomole is delicious and the Cobb salad i had was great.Special Features:
- YumScottyD993VIPDined on 6/28/2014We took friends there on Saturday night. Just a fun place to be. The food is very good. The chorizo is great. I had it in every course but dessert. Speaking of dessert try their special fried ice cream with cap 'n' crunch. Among others, just a fun good place with good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyRiffhelDined on 6/28/2014Couldn't have a conversation without yelling across the table. Waitress was cordial, but staff who brought the food from the kitchen were rude and practically dropped it on the table, then walked away. Would never eat there again.
- Good food but too noisy!!!!!!MomoDined on 6/28/2014We felt the food was good, especially the guacamole. We were with friends and could hardly hear each other talking. It was Saturday night, but still very loud and noisy.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere!MVK4Dined on 6/27/2014The service was excellent. The best guacamole I have ever had. Fish tacos were delicious and of course margaritas too! Highly recommend. Will be going back again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014For whatever reason this location always seems to have their flavors on point! Best Mexican food around, BY FAR!Special Features:
- Noisy, crowded, servers rushedTerrificDined on 6/21/2014The greeter when we checked in with our res was great. She greeted us by name and accommodated our switch to an outdoor from an indoor table, which we requested because of the noise inside. Salsa and chips were great, our enter tacos less so. When we asked for more chips, we got chips only, no salsa. We had expected both, as is customary at other Mexican restaurants. For $9 my Chardonnay was pretty bad. Ditto for my wife's Malbec. Place just didn't seem special.Special Features:
- My new #1MrFoodDined on 6/20/2014It isn't often you stumble into your new #1 restaurant, but I was fortunate enough to have this happen to me as I found Cabo Flats! It was love at first sight. The place is incredibly decorated. Equally incredible was the food. Our server was explaining to the table that all food was made from scratch and that we had to try the Sangria, or a specialty Margarita. We took her advice and had one of each. The absolute best Sangria ever! When the food came out we were blown away! The fajita's were full of flavor, and the burrito was outstanding. From the atmosphere, to the service, and food Cabo Flats wowed me! Not to mention 1/2 priced drinks Wed, and Sunday after 9pm the server told us about. All-U-Can eat Taco Tuesday's! I may just camp hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad servie and foodLoveMexicanDined on 6/20/2014The service was bad the hostess sat us down and than no one came over until the manager notice we didnt have anything. The taco I ordered was ice cold. The waiter told us the food is made fresh and it would take awhile to get. It sure did take awhile to get the food and than it was cold i sent it back. Yes it came back hot but the skirt steak was tuff. Dont waste you money. Oh I do have a nice thing to say the guacamole was good
- Man, This Place Was Busy!RestaurantGuruDined on 6/20/2014WOW! Very busy restaurant and I can now see why. The food was exactly what i was craving and the margaritas hit the spot. Very friendly staff from start to finish. This restaurant will only grow!Special Features:
- Real good tasting Mexican foodRestaurantGuruDined on 6/17/2014Nothing more to say. We keep coming back to Cabo Flats with friends and relatives because we love the flavors. nothing over the top as far as presentation (as there shouldnt be with Mexican) just big portions and amazing tasting enchiladas.Special Features:
- Excellent!RosalieVIPDined on 6/16/2014Lots of choices and caters to special diets. Food is delicious. Quacamole and salsa are the best anywhere. Only issue is they should offer brown rice. Who eats white rice anymore???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YoungatHeartVIPDined on 6/15/2014We visit Cabo Flats aboput once every other week. It is a fun place with a varied menu to satisfy many tastes. I chose this place for my Father's Day dinner as it is most enjoyable - food and atmosphere; service is unparalleled in SoFL. Unfortunately, parking is a disaster, especially for handicap access.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats.SandalsDined on 6/13/2014We arrive during a rainstorm so ate inside. We asked to be moved to a booth and were accommodated. It was difficult for one member in the party to read the menu at the table so the booth provided ample light. Our server was friendly, explained some of the food choices and continued to fill water glasses. The food itself was good and predictable. No one had any complaints and one person really enjoyed the mole sauce offered at this restaurant. We will return.Special Features:
- Very good casual spotKenlightVIPDined on 6/7/2014Above average Tex/Mex. More interesting combinations than most places. Homemade guacamole was good but not as good as Rocco's. The chips were excellent. This is a perfect place to grab a bite before the movies. Great outside seating if it is not too hot.Special Features:
- Never got to eatReservationDined on 6/7/2014We had a 6:30pm reservation for 6 people and a baby. When we got there (on time) our table was given to someone else and they didn't have one for us. We ended up having to leave our party because we didn't know how long it would take and having a 10 month old with us was the main reason for making the reservation in the first place. You could tell the hostess stand was overwhelmed and stressed out. The line to put your name on the list was out the door. The host blamed the manager for booking a large party for our wait. We ended up leaving and the rest of our party was given a table 30 minutes later. The food was good but service was rushed. The entrees were brought out with the guacamole appetizer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PlacebogartrVIPDined on 5/23/2014Good food, a bit pricy for the food though. Noise level is high. Must make a reservation in order to have a table to sit down.Special Features: