Cable Car City Pub & Cafe
1 Hallidie Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
Cable Car City Pub & Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cablecarpub.com/
- Phone: 4153987600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 AM - 11:30 AM;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Robert English
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer off-site catering and will make menus that fit your needs.
A word from Cable Car City Pub & Cafe
Stop in at San Francisco's most-loved sports bar for the Happy Hour that never ends at Cable Car City Pub & Cafe! With a casual, friendly atmosphere and a menu chock-full of classics, Cable Car City Pub & Cafe is the perfect place to gather the gang, cheer for your team and enjoy a cold drink. The extensive menu includes pub favorites such as Jumbo City Wings, the San Francisco Cheese Steak Sandwich, the City Pub Burger with fries, or the mouthwatering Hot Fudge Sundae, but you can also try something a little more exotic, if it suits you. If you're feeling adventurous, take a bite out of the Alaskan Snow Crab Claws, French Dip Sandwich, Portobello Burger, Seafood Cioppino or a slice of Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream. Cable Car City Pub & Cafe also hosts Brainstormer Pub Trivia every Tuesday night from 6:30 to 9:30, with $3 Sierra Nevada Drafts and Jager Shots; and a Beer Pong competition every Wed and Thur nights, with a $5 Bud Light pitcher included in the $10 entrance fee.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cable Car City Pub & Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- We chose this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/14/2012We chose this restaurant for our first night in San Francisco, prior to seeing a baseball game. It was close to our hotel, had a 1,000 point reservation, and also participated in our credit card dining program. Upon our arrival, we were told they no longer participated with Open Table, but after speaking with a manager, it was cleared up. Otherwise, the place is essentially a sports bar. The food was tasty, but a bit over priced. This is in the heart of Union Square, so not surprising.Special Features:
- Major disappointment!CellarSnobVIPDined on 6/30/2012What a disappointment. We were a group of 8 (children and adults)in the city to see a Musical and based on the location and sample menu we selected this restaurant for dinner. The food was actually good but the service ruined the experience. We had to ask for menus, water, and utensils. We had to ask if the waitress would take our order, and when she finally did she managed to mess up 6 out of the 8 dishes ordered. The bus boy didn't understand didn't speak / understand english which good for him that he's actually working and trying to earn a living but he didn't understand us when we were trying to send the food back. I don't know - maybe they were having an off night but I doubt that I would go back to give them a second chance.Special Features:
- Had a great time!!!! TheDarrenDined on 6/1/2012Had a great time!!!! The place was in walking distance from my Hotel, and the service was outstanding!!!!! And Food was amazing too!!!! I have told all my friends about ths little gem.Special Features:
- Country fried steak breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2012Country fried steak breakfast was a burger topped with gravy. No breading, and other than being greasy I couldn't tell that it had been fried.
- Food ranged from ok to poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/14/2012Food ranged from ok to poor. Open faced turkey sandwich had very little gravy and use turkey that seemed to be from a supermarkets sandwich meat aisle.
- Music is way too loud. AfterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/25/2012Music is way too loud. After 5 minutes waiting in the booth I went to get our own menus
- The Cable Car BBQ Burger wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2012The Cable Car BBQ Burger was delicious. This place is conveniently located near the downtown mall and Powell Street Station.Special Features:
- The food was edible but IBayBrendaDined on 12/18/2011The food was edible but I would not recommend this place. It is a loud sports bar and being in San Francisco there are MUCH better places even sports bars.
- We were at Cable Car CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We were at Cable Car City Pub & Cafe for Thanksgiving Dinner, and it was surprisingly excellent. We enjoyed nicely cooked turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes green beans and what tasted like homemade pumpkin pie. We were in the city for the holiday and ended up back at Cable Car City Pub & Cafe for a late night beer and sports watch. Has a lovely fresh salad and fries along with a cold ale and shirley temple. They were busy but attentive. We had teen kids with us, who enjoyed the restaurant as much as we did. One other draw was watching the world go by outside at the corner of Market and fifth- a busy entertaining city sight.Special Features:
- Service was very good. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2011Service was very good. Food was very good. We were greated by the host and he sat us at the window. The breakfast value was one of the best in the city.Special Features:
- Manager was friendly. WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2011Manager was friendly. Wait staff was slow and rude. Waiter messed up my order and tried to blame other people. My waiter was rude about me using the spotlight deal at the restaurant, he told me to go to Carl's Jr. next door.
- Probably a good pick-up bar placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2011Service was horrible. The restaurant wasn't crowded, maybe 5-6 tables in the whole restaurant had customers. The waitress forgot to bring our drinks. She kept making excuses for the kitchen. She greeted us with "It's too late for breakfast so don't order from that menu!" Then she came back and said the kitchen was slow because of the breakfast/lunch change over, then she came back and said that the fans weren't working in the kitchen and that's why the food was taking so long. It was really interesting that she said that since other gusts food was coming out just fine.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011What a find. The ribs were maybe the best I ever had. My wife had the turkey burger and said that it was very tasty. We were greated by a hostess that was more than friendly, can you believe that a pub hasone! Our server Brie was as bubbly as they come. The place was very clean and lively. We had a great time here and will definately return.Special Features:
- Our first time here and theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/5/2011Our first time here and the food exceeded our expectations. They have a very friendly staff and good happy hour deals/prices. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Don't waste your time here...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2011What awful service...The order was wrong, the staff couldn't have cared less, and the manager spent the entire time I was there sitting at a table doing paperwork (during the dinner hour). Nobody at this place cares about customer service, drinks go unfilled for over 20 minutes, orders get made and delivered wrong, and the whinos outside will try to take all your money. I REALLY wish there was an option lower than "Poor" for these reviews. I'll NEVER go back here!!!
- % star Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/30/2011This place rocks. The food was excellant. We had a great time here. The service was that of a 5 star restaurant. A pub that trends itself on a sports bar theme and the food quality of a 5 star place. My compiments to the chef. Burgers were very good and Ribs were to die for!! If your in the area, you should try this place. We will definatly reurn, and bring friends. Good job!Special Features:
- This place has great vibes.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2011This place has great vibes. The menu is really good and the service was good as well.Special Features: