cabin - Hockley Valley Resort
793522 Mono 3rd Line RR#1
Orangeville, ON L9W 2Y8Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
cabin - Hockley Valley Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hockley.com/
- Phone: (519) 942-0754
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Canadian
- Executive Chef: Alex Johnston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Friday Nights in Babbo Lounge & Lobby Bar/Patio
A word from cabin - Hockley Valley Resort
Hockley Valley Resort’s signature restaurant cabin is the expression of the regional cuisine of the Hills of Headwaters. Sourcing locally offered products, the cabin culinary team creates memorable dishes in our intimate, yet comfortable dining area. Cozy up to the chef's bar for an interactive experience with our chefs, or select a vintage from our extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
cabin - Hockley Valley Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)fit for foodies (13)romantic (13)notable wine list (9)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Thanksgiving & Anniversary WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014This was our first wedding anniversary and return to Hockley. We were treated like royalty and highly recommend Cabin Restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Fall coloursSenseiDined on 10/5/2014We visited Hockley for the Fall colours. Unfortunately, we didn't have a good day as the colours weren't quite the vibrant reds, oranges and yellows we had anticipated. Nonetheless, we had a wonderful lunch at a marvellous resort and thoroughly enjoyed the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !DVP35VIPDined on 10/4/2014We have been here a few tiems and always walk out impressed. From the greeting at the door right through dessert...awesome. The staff are friendly and the food is outstanding. We will return.Special Features:
- 4 Time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We've dined here 4 times now and the food is reliably good, service is very good and the wine list is fairly broad. Very happy not to have to drive downtown to get a decent mealSpecial Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014very, very slow service for a Saturday afternoon. We were a party of 5 and were not attended to.Special Features:
- Great spot!mitchellbeansDined on 9/13/2014Do not think for a second you're going to be subjected to typical overpriced bland resort food here. The owners clearly have a passion in true farm to table cooking. We sat at the chefs pass and chatted with the chef pretty much all night. Also, JP, the son of the family who owns Hockley Valley Resort served us and took AMAZING care of us. He knows his food and knows his wine! We live in Aurora where good food is hard to come by. We normally head downtown for a good restaurant meal but have been finding ourselves at Cabin instead. I'd put the food and service against pretty much any restaurant in Toronto. Try it out if you haven't already. Started with mushroom risotto and had veal chop as my main. Both were amazing!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerTimsterDined on 9/7/2014I brought my wife to Cabin for our anniversary. She being a restaurateur can be difficult to please but Cabin really impressed her. We had a great time. There was a noisy table near us but it was no big deal. Food and atmosphere was great. We will be back again soon for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW !!!Juve747Dined on 8/30/2014It was my first time at Cabin, and we were treated like royalty, and the food was just outstanding. The vibrate flavors were to die for. Well done !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cabin-Hockley ValleyLouLouDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I recently went to the Cabin for our first time for our Anniversary. The meal was exceptional as well as the service and additional accompanying staff. We were very well looked after. The food was local, unique and delicious. The wine -made on premis was a additional lovely suprise we stumbled upon as well. We will gladly make a point to revisit in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed with serviceManxman5000Dined on 8/23/2014Nice location and great ambience in the restaurant. Served by Manager? (as he was wearing a white shirt not the plaid), First of all he did not welcome us nor introduce himself, just plonked down the menu and wanted to take the order, no specials, no recommendations, also he kept coming back over and over again almost pressurizing us to order, then when we needed him he was not around, and the servers in plaid helped us and were good. The larger Group next to us had a full explanation of the best meals and what was good about them. Overall the service ruined the night and it was our 19th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wasn't cabin.TODinerDined on 8/9/2014Although I made the reservation for lunch at cabin, cabin was not open, and we actually dined at Babbo. They provided us with the menu for cabin, but it probably would have been nice if Hockley had told us up front that cabin wasn't available. The food and ambiance at babbo was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the cabin - Hockley Valley Resort reviews archive.
- BaronofskyDined on 6/26/2014Intimate dinner to celebrate a special milestone. Food was unique, tasty and sensible portion sizes. Would return again and recommend to anyone looking for a special evening out.Special Features:
- greatrutherfordDined on 6/20/2014worth the drive for dinner or an night stay..the food doesn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kaseyDined on 6/14/2014I ordered the halibut which was supposed to come with a root vegetable side. However, the dish showed up without that side and no mention was made as to why it wasn't there. For dessert I had the polenta and apple cake. I found it quite dry. The halibut was good and so was the seafood dish I had as an app. We had pre-paid for the restaurant through a package, therefore gratuity was included. I wonder if this is why our waiter never checked on us during our meal and forgot to bring our drinks so we had to ask another waiter who passed by about them. Ambiance is nice.
- wow!gwenandmikesnewretreatDined on 6/7/2014nothing short of excellence. the food and service are well beyond what we've experienced at some of the finest resorts and restaurants around the world! congrats and keep raising the bar.Special Features:
- Girls weekendgirlsgetawayDined on 5/24/2014our group of 4 thought the decor and ambiance was great. We were given a little sampler salad and fresh artisan bread while we waited for our main courses (we had had cheese and wine in our room before hand). 2 of us ordered the pasta with cheese. It was tasty, one friend loved it. Another ordered halibut which she felt was a bit overcooked but the flavours were delicious. The other ordered the Cornish hen which she said wasn't as meaty as she had hoped for. The creamed potatoes accompanying the hen were amazing. Good selections of wine by the glass. Great coffee after.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerLizLovesFoodDined on 5/9/2014Enjoyed a nice dinner at Cabin. Menu selection was limited but food was tasty and well presented. Place has been renovated and is very nice. Not typically a fan of Italian food but will definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseSycancookDined on 5/3/2014We live in Caledon and I didn't feel like driving to Toronto for a good meal. After searching on Google for something in our vicinity Cabin popped up. Thought we'd give it a try. I made the reservation using open table. When we arrived the hostess asked if we had a reservation. I gave her the name and she just looked at her computer & then began shuffling some papers. She then grabbed some menus and walked us to our table without a word. My husband and I just shared a glance. Once our server arrived everything improved. Drinks and food arrived in a timely manner. Service was attentive. Our food was well prepared. Menu selection was limited. Hope they change the menu frequently because I would like to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchLC77Dined on 4/26/2014I didn't know what to expect coming to Hockley Valley as I had not been before.... I was very impressed with the food, service, ambience. I recommend this restaurant for a special occasion, for groups, or even when dining with kids.Special Features:
- Good, but not great.613foodieDined on 4/13/2014We came because we had previously had extraordinarily good food at Michael Potters' other restaurants in Toronto and Picton. Unfortunately, Cabin really doesn't live up to this standard. The service was friendly. The decor was nice, but it felt a bit boring or creepy being the only ones in the otherwise empty restaurant. The prosciutto plate was really good and I highly recommended this a group starter had with bread. The sandwiches and pasta dishes were nothing special however. Wine was good, but horribly expensive. Overall, a nice lunch, but I wouldn't go out of my way to come back.Special Features:
- best restaurant outside of T.Ofoody112233VIPDined on 4/4/2014The food was just amazing and beyond delicious. Service was fantastic and prompt. The ambiance was perfect not to noisey and was fun.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceTinaTeeDined on 3/16/2014I had visited Cabin once before for dinner on a weekend golf getaway and the meal was fantastic. We were looking for a nice spot for my dad and four sisters to celebrate one sister's 50th birthday so I suggested Cabin. Everyone was pleasantly surprised and all loved the food, service and ambiance of Cabin. We will be returning next year to celebrate my 50th :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the atmosphereyumyumDined on 3/15/2014It's got a modern and elegant charm with truly original decor. The high back soft chairs were so comfortable, the lighting was perfect (moderately low-lit), and music was general pop stuff, but just background (not too loud). Service was amazing! They never missed a beat. And the food was all scrumptious. We had the beef tenderloin - cooked to perfection. It was like something out of the Matrix - juicy, tender, and delicious :) Also, the wine choices went on for miles... and now they are even making their own on-site. I had a couple glasses of the house red, and it was lovely ! Desserts were rich and yummy, and if you order tea you get a pot large enough for 3 or 4 cups... nice for sharing. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful weekendSparkyDined on 3/7/2014Went for a weekend package deal and really enjoyed the dinner at the cabin. Perfect setting and well looked after. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshly cut prosciutto!SkierJoe123Dined on 2/22/2014Great modern/rustic atmosphere. Tasty and well presented.Special Features:
- Valentine’s DayStephenDined on 2/15/2014We went to the Cabin to celebrate our ‘first’ Valentine’s Day as MR. + MRS. (recently married!). The food was fantastic, the service was unparalleled and the added touches from the restaurant with the Valentine’s Day balloons at our table was outstanding. Absolutely by far one of the greatest experiences we’ve ever had at a restaurant! THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsome!DebbieDined on 1/19/2014Was there for the second time. Love the ambience of the restaurant and the menu selection. Located in Hockley Valley so we only go there when we stay there for a night and go skiing the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013I highly recommend The Cabin. It is a beautiful place and the good was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, disappointing serviceRed67Dined on 10/20/2013The title says it all---dined on a Sunday evening at 6:30. Took over 4 hours to complete our meal and pay. Servers were 'team' serving so we didn't know which server to hail when we needed something. Wine service was strange, I ordered the wine but my friends husband was offered the taste? Then we had to refill our own glasses twice. :( Food was awesome. Very interesting dishes and wonderful flavours. Meals were plated attractively. Bill was delivered but our server left without identifying whom we should ask about payment. After our credit cards sat on the table for 35 minutes we got up and sought out a server who said our fellow had left but she didn't notice our credit cards on the table.
- A Happy Thanksgiving indeed!AngelaVIPDined on 10/13/2013My husband and spent the night at Hockley Valley and dinner at cabin just made our short stay perfect. I loved the intimate table with the wing back chairs and thought they executed the earth to table concept perfectly. We enjoyed our appetizers and entrees and am definitely look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Package / room /meals / grat inclinsearchoftreatsDined on 8/31/2013Disappointing. Noticed a distinct difference in service betwn this occasion when gratuities were included in the purchased package. Service was lacking: we felt like we were insignificant. Food: scallop app was excellent! Expensive steak was way overpriced, not as requested. Special ordered was way too spicy! We love lots of spice heat but this was unedible. Prawns in the dish were old. Dessert: marscapone tart with berries... Lovely. Won't go again. May not return to resort as a result. Temperature: unbelievably hot. When spoke to waiter about this air came on for 2 mins and went off again. Unbearable. Had to take my coffee out of restaurant to hotel lounge where it was comfortable.
- Our meal was memorable. IOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/12/2013Our meal was memorable. I had the gnocci which was like eating little pillows of heaven. Our waitress was very attentive and was spot on with her recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice... but priceymapgirl76Dined on 7/6/2013I don't think I would go back based on the prices. The service was good, the food was tasty but overpriced I think. I got a half chicken and a TINY salad for $42. I would consider going back for a really special occasion and likely be more selective in my choices for entrees. Atmosphere was fabulous.... liked the decor. We had a gift certificate up to $150 and we had no alcohol, shared an appetizer and had our own dessert and it JUST covered it.Special Features:
- Perfect for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2013This was the perfect place to celebrate our wedding anniversary! The food was superb, the staff were so friendly and very attentive, and the atmosphere was eclectic. It's a bit pricey but worth it for a special occasion. We would recommend this to friends and will go back again to celebrate another milestone in our lives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as always! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Perfect as always! The food and service are second to none! If you haven't tried Cabin you are missing out on a truly amazing food experience;))) Always exceeds expectation!Special Features:
- A real gemStonesthrowDined on 3/29/2013A real gem in an out-of-the-way location. Charming though upbeat décor and great food and wine. The use of local ingredients wherever possible and the offering of Ontario wines is refreshing.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013Very good food, all on the pricey side, wine is very expensive even for a restaurant. Good romantic ambiance for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Very romantic, amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2013Very romantic, amazing food (tenderloin done perfectly with amazing potato puree), impeccable service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Great setting and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Great setting and the food was good from a somewhat limited menu.
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Great food. Great service. Love the samples provided and the fresh local bread!Special Features: