5575 Windward Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cabernetsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (770) 777-5955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Closed Sundays until December.
Bar - Last Call between 12:00 A.M. and 1:00 A.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Holley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cabernet offers a full catering department that will exceed your expectations. From Weddings, to Corporate functions, to intimate dinners at your house let Cabernet do the work while your relax. Contact Jason Zaleski at 770-777-5955 for further information.
- Private Party Facilities: Same as "banquets" above
- Private Party Contact: Jason Zaleski (770) 777-5955
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Scotch and Cigar Night every Wednesday where you receive a Premium Scotch and a Premium Cigar for $10. Caberent offers a $35 Three Course Prix Fixe Menu everyday. Join us Wednesday through Saturday for Live Music in the Bar Area.
A word from Cabernet Steakhouse
Cabernet Steakhouse is a Classic New York Style Steakhouse with an abundance of seafood. We have white table-cloth service in a lavish setting. We offer 5 Private and semi-private dining areas for every type of function. We also have a cigar bar and patio where we feature live entertainment Wednesday through Saturday. Lunch is also available Monday - Friday where value driven Sandwiches and Burgers are a staple as well as extensive salad, seafood and steak dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Cabernet Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Cabernet Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)notable wine list (56)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (47)romantic (47)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (19)hot spot (11)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice place for a business lunchSLA1Dined on 11/13/2014Overall the food was great and timely for a business lunch which is always a nice plus. The waitstaff was exceptional. The hostess service was a little challenged. For such a nice place I didn't expect to wait 5 minutes before someone acknowledged me. The very interesting part was that the hostess was present and saw me. She in fact even answered a phone call before saying something to me. I think if you are busy its okay to at least greet your guest and let them know you will be right there with them in a few minutes. That didn't happen. It wasn't until one of my coworkers showed up and stood next to me that she finally said something to me. It wasn't a good feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard, as in always above Standard.steveVIPDined on 11/12/2014Lamb Lollipops followed by the triple cut Vealchop, So, so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRobiVIPDined on 11/8/2014Unfortunately my friend's filet came out over cooked to the point of well done when it was ordered med. rare. The server offered to recook the steak and produced another one that was bigger than the previous one. Also, he removed the charge from our bill. Spectacular service and accomodations!!Special Features:
- Memorable Birthday400NorthDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday with 2 other guests. We had been to Cabernet previously and knew that we could expect superb service and quality steaks. My husband and I ordered the Filet Mignon and our guests had the bone-in Rib Eye. By the way, you must try the creamed spinach - it's excellent. Our wait staff was attentive and full of personality. After the entrees, the boys went into the cigar room and enjoyed cordials while we girls chatted over cocktails. For dessert, we all shared the flourless chocolate cake. A delightful evening overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good dinner without the upsellOnADateDined on 11/7/2014We both went with the nightly special, and it was excellent. $35 included very nice piece of beef & half a (chicken ) lobster. Portions were slightly smaller than most places, but that was fine. ###Note that bar is cigar friendly. Its glassed off from the restaurant, but it's not 100% effectiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly fantastic neighborhood findhu4uDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful food, upscale prices still affordable much suitable for some special occasions .The service is not as great as u would expect it to be when u enter but the ambience is awesome.We feel like royalty they call your kids prince and princesses.A definite place to visit for wines .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was good.CajunDined on 11/7/2014The service was great. It was a little price y for what you got. The wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Jason our waiter was great and the food as always was greatSpecial Features:
- excellent againjakes1Dined on 11/1/2014keep going back for great service, ambiance and steak. Added a delicious KC strip. Only issue was sons medium filet was as red as my medium rare strip. Not egregious but details matter and usually Cabernet nails all perfectlySpecial Features:
- I had a great eveningBillVIPDined on 10/24/2014Loved everything but I think the entrees should have more vegetables with them.Special Features:
- Great food..cigar smoke an issueKgraysonDined on 10/22/2014This was my first time going to Cabernet. On the food alone I definitely would recommend this place. I had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. My only complaint is that while I don't hate cigar smoking I didn't really want to be around it while I ate. They sat me in a booth that was next to the door for the cigar bar. Although I didn't notice it when I first sat down, the longer I sat there, the more it sort of ruined the experience. The hostess asked if this was my first time there. When I said yes the second question should have been does smoke bother you. Luckily I didn't have asthma or anything so it wasn't a horrible experience, I just think I would have enjoyed my food better. Don't sit at the back room tables close to bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceJimfcVIPDined on 10/18/2014The service was terrible. It took almost 30 minutes to get our order taken after we were seated and then it was another 45 minutes before our food was served. We noted that other customers at other tables had similar experiences. I would not go back and I would not recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This is our favorite restaurant and is always an amazing evening. The food is fantastic and the service is impeccable. Thank you Jason for another memorable evening.Special Features:
- great for businessTuscanyboundDined on 10/14/2014This is the one of the best places outside of Buckhead for a high level business dinner. Wine list is excellent, the steaks are prime and well prepared. Wait staff is attentive but not over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I had been here for lunch a couple times. But this Time I went with a group of 7 and it was off the chain! Great food and service. Classy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014It was a little noisy and the lights could be dimmtomimprove ambianceSpecial Features:
- Rewind..IdonoteatIdineDined on 10/11/2014This time it was Perfect.. Well, perfection is difficult, if not impossible to achieve, but the effort is commendable and very much appreciated. A+🍴 ThomasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- michaelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Great choice for a friend's birthday celebration. The ladies chose the dinner package at $35.00 which was good value for quality food. Specials on cocktails and wine was also an added benefit. The filet mignon steaks were delicious and cooked to order. Service overall was very good and the sommelier helpfull in wine choice. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- 1961Dined on 10/11/2014My wife took me there for My Birthday and the Ambiance was Great the service was the Best I've had and the food was Incredible... I will Indeed ggo Back.. This is now my New go to place for Fine Dining....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night!NatPadgetDined on 10/9/2014We come here about 3 times a year. It was a birthday celebration. Dinner was great; wine list was complete; finished with a good cigar in the bar and a cab ride home. Good times!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I had a great time. The food was awesome and the service was very professional and attentive. I would highly recommend Cabernet to a couple or a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014This is the best steak house in the area and fine dining at its finest. The service was incredible. Try the aged rib eye which has the most incredible taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AniniDined on 10/2/2014Best steak in town. Highly recommend. We have dined at Ruth Chris, Little Alley's, Stoney River, and Aspens. Cabernet has the most flavorful filet by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting old FriendsDirtmanDined on 9/30/2014We get together with old friends about once every year. This restaurant was picked off the map as a place that was equal distance from them and from us. We very much enjoyed the food, the service was great and it was quiet so we could communicate very well. Also we tend to talk for a long time and we felt no pressure to clear the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th wedding anniversaryhloliDined on 9/29/2014Thank you to everyone at Carbernet for making this special night a night my wife will remember for quite a while. We loved the attention and the hospitality from everyone there. Our waiter was phenomenal and the food was decadent. Everything we hoped for and more. Thanks againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentjakes1Dined on 9/27/2014another fine evening. Kansas City Strip was excellent and cooked to order, filet great, my wife had chicken which was very tasty. As usual service first rate. Will keep gong backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in classJustfineDined on 9/23/2014Grat food, great wine, great service and worth the time and money. It is beautiful inside and out.Special Features:
- Fabulous As AlwaysHappyDinerDined on 9/19/2014It is always a pleasure to go to a restaurant where you are never surprised by how great the food and service are. Perfect, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Food was excellent. Had our own room (12 of us) which was great. Only had one waiter most of evening which was very difficult for him and us as we had a hard time ordering cocktails in the beginning. The rest of the evening went very well and our waiter got some help half way through the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Time Not A CharmLuvSteaksDined on 9/6/2014This was my 3rd time to visit Cabernet. The 1st dinner my wife and I had about 6 months ago was fabulous in every way imaginable. Took my wife back for Mother's Day brunch and it was good as well. Our latest visit was on 9/6/2014. We went with another couple for dinner. We all ordered drinks and visited for awhile. For my entree I ordered the Bone-In Ribeye medium rare. My wife ordered the Prime Rib medium rare as well. Both of ours were over-cooked to just under well. My wife was very hungry and did not want to return hers. I sent mine back and requested a medium rare. The manager brought me a new steak in about 10 minutes. This one was very rare. I allowed it to "rest" for a few more minutes which brought it up to rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemjakes1Dined on 9/6/2014Being from Chicago,we love our steakhouses. We read reviews on Cabernet but you never know until you go. My wife and I had their signature steak, it was fantastic! OUr son had the filet and it was also great. Service was first rate,staff was excellent. Jason, the GM and Sommelier was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Want a good steakhouse? Look no furtherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteakhouseAtlantaResidentDined on 9/3/2014Great Food. Good Service. Very nice bar for Cigar Smokers.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!arpiebDined on 8/30/2014The food was perfectly paced and prepared, service was great! I've seen Cabernet there for several years, but recently moved into the area and decided to give it a try as a neighborhood steakhouse. Buckhead venues have nothing on this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steakHarryDined on 8/29/2014We were staying in a nearby hotel for the weekend (there are many). Everything was outstanding. We were seated in an elevated back room and for some reason seemed to hear every conversation at every table. Perhaps it was because we were in front of a large window overlooking the bar. The food, service, and location were all excellent. One of the best rib eyes I've had. Salads and veggies were also very good. A nice bonus was the 1/2 off bottle of wine. They had a large list to choose from and it was unexpected and welcomed on a Friday night. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Enjoyed dinner-Very satisfiedTheDinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We went to Cabernet for the first time and really enjoyed it. We both had fish as we are dieting and the tuna and grouper were excellent. Both were very tasty and prepared well with great accompaniments. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceouttodineDined on 8/23/2014We were in a bind and decided to use open table to search for a venue open until 11 so that we could enjoy our anniversary in peace and quiet. Cabernet was simply amazing. The service was spectacular and food divine. Our drinks were fabulous and really hit the spot. This was an unknown restaurant before that night but now will be one we visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NormWIllVIPDined on 8/23/2014They know what we like, Staff will sit down and chat if thats what you want or give you your space and be the quintessential professionals.Special Features:
- Important NightChallengeNightDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is always superb when you want everything to be excellent. Could not have had a better evening to celebrate a birthday for my sweetheart. The staff was friendly, the meal was superior and the rose presented to my birthday girl along with the beautifully presented slice of birthday cake really made it a night for her to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAAADined on 8/23/2014Always good. Great food, great wine. A little Pricey. If it were 20% less we'ed eat there weekly.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable lunchBillVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything was great but the waiter forgot to bring our beverages until we asked him when he delivered the main course. Food was great and I appreciate the quiet booth for my date and I.Special Features: