Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
2805 South Hwy 16
Fredericksburg, TX 78624Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cabernetgrill.com/
- Phone: 8309905734
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
*While our outdoor Patio is a great spot to dine, guaranteed reservations are only available for indoor dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ross Burtwell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Upstairs Private Room
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Rodriguez 8309908381
A word from Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant
The Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant in the Cotton Gin Village serves unique Hill Country Cuisine, Steaks and Seafood in a casual environment. This award wining restaurant has been ranked as the #1 restaurant in the nation by TripAdvisor.com June of 2008. Executive Chef Ross Burtwell specializes in preparing only the freshest seafood, Certified Angus Beef, wild game and ranch fare for his Fredericksburg guests. Your every need will be catered to by our professional, yet "Texas friendly" staff. They will guide you through a wine list that features over 75 selections of wines from around the State of Texas. With the Cabernet Grill Restaurant centered in the heart of Texas Wine Country we are proud to boast the largest restaurant based Texas Wine list available anywhere. The Cabernet Grill also offers a full bar of premium liquor and beer. In addition to the restaurant we also offer romantic log cabin bed and breakfast lodging. Visit www.CottonGinVillage.com for info.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cabernet Grill Texas Wine Country Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- My wife and I have made CabernetMethodist56Dined on 9/27/2013My wife and I have made Cabernet Grill our priority dining spot on our trips to Fredericksburg. There is nothing better than visiting a couple wineries in the afternoon and then culminating with such a delicious meal at night. The chicken fried ribeye is brilliant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place. The servicegalonthegoDined on 9/14/2013We love this place. The service was great and the food fantastic. the only problem was...we did not have room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exemplary ServiceTeamOxfordDined on 9/6/2013My wife and I chose the Cabernet Grill for our fine dining experience while attending an event in Fredericksburg. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted and seated in a nice, quiet section of the dining room. Our waitress Marcelle was most helpful in assisting my wife with her appetizer and entrée selections. She also recommended a very nice wine to go with our meal. My wife had the filet mignon, which was wrapped in bacon (not listed on the menu as such), and I had the tenderloin kabobs, which exceeded my expectations. The portions were more than adequate, and we ended up bringing a box home. At no time did we feel rushed to complete a course, and Marcelle afforded us the absolute best service a couple could wish for. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In short it was amazing !!!DanroyerDined on 9/4/2013In short it was amazing !!! Meats were all cooked to the right temperature. The Texas wine list is very surprising. That little Port from Pedernales winery was truly exceptional. Well done. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013We ate here on a last minute whim on a busy weekend. The restaraunt had quite a few normal seats open but seemed intent on filling the tables with bolt upright, thinly padded benches against an upstairs wall. Service was only fair, due in no small part I suspect to inexperience. Likeable chap but I tire of reminding folks of requests the third time. OK so I got that off my chest, the bright spot was the food, which is what we went out for after all. Steak was tender and cooked as requested, all the food arrived hot, the maple sweet potatoes were excellent. All in, and given the locus, it was not bad and we would give them another try, as long as they save the bench seats for someone else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerYardbirdDined on 8/31/2013Took my wife to Fredericksburg for a birthday weekend and found this spot. Great dinner and fried pecan pie. Server was good, but seemed a little overwhelmed by tables. Definitely worth going to for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in FredericksburgOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013I've been to most of the nice restaurants in the area, and the Cabernet Grill is outstanding. Be sure to give their daily specials a try; I've never been disappointed. Their patio seating, if you can get it, is lovely when the weather is not too hot.Special Features:
- Entertaining guestsKakkiDined on 8/30/2013We had out of town guests and wanted to give them to experience this restaurant. I especially appreciated being able to make reservations. I was surprised I was able to make reservations on a Labor Day holiday. We live 45 miles from Fredericksburg and we would have been so disappointed to have driven to your restaurant and not being able to be seated. My husband also enjoyed the Martini . Our guests loved the dining experience! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/29/2013Food was excellent and dishes were executed well, but this is not a five star restaurant. Food came out so fast I almost wondered if it might be pre-cooked but it certainly didn't taste like it. Desserts are a sugary bliss. Our waitress was very warm and friendly. Nice surroundings with the Texas hokeyness under control (I'm from Texas so I'm allowed to say that). It was too hot to eat outside but the outside dining area seemed very charming.Special Features:
- Perfect!pamelaDined on 8/27/2013Good menu, good service, comfortable atmosphere, good food ------- a perfect dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restful & SpecialcalvoDined on 8/24/2013James was an excellent host & server & didn't bother us constantly--just enough. The environment is lovely & peaceful. You are out of town - but, not too far out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013Enjoyed our third dining experience here on August 24. They had a full house and we were glad we had a reservation because they were turning away walk-ins. This has become our must-do restaurant on Hill Country visits! From appetizer to dessert, food is wonderful. The wine flights are a great way to sample local vintages. And service is excellent, even at their busiest. Waitress Marcelle's recommendations were spot on. Thanks for another awesome meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening with goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2013Excellent evening with good food and service. The only negative comment that I might make would be that there was a fairly significant time delay between the time when the first three entree's were brought to our table and when the last three were brought out. Other than that, it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary on the patio15yearsDined on 8/9/2013we had a great meal on the patio, wait staff took great care of us....the Pork tenderloin was wonderful...! great Caesar! we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2013We drove all the way from San Antonio to share this restaurant with a friend from Washington, DC. He loved it! We have come here with other out-of-state visitors and just us and we always love it. The service could have been better but the food was great.Special Features:
- Accomodating KitchenRobertDined on 8/8/2013The kitchen accomodated my no sugar/no carb request. They left off the sauce on the Beef Kabobs and gave me a double order of green beans. My husband enjoyed the Tejas Mixed Grill and the "Smashed" Apple Pie. We arrived at 5:00 pm and enjoyed the quiet of the restaurant and the ambiance of the dining room. Our server, Johnny, was excellent in every way. He was knowledgeable and helpful with my order to accomodate my eating preferences. We have told our friends about this restaurant and will certainly be back again. We were able to eat and get to a performance at the Rockbox on time for a 7:00 curtain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hill country gem!DW7639Dined on 8/7/2013Went here for our 20th wedding anniversary and it was a great fit for our perfect day. The atmosphere is very quiet and relaxing. The staff is very attentive but not overbearing. All the foods we ate were outstanding, from the goat cheese appetizer to the quail, steak, and pork. Definitely better food and atmosphere than most upscale big city notable restaurants. We can't wait to return and dine here again!Special Features:
- Hill Country MustOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2013The Cabernet Grill is an amazing blend of Texas Hill Country ambiance and masterful dishes that rival the best anywhere. Be sure to save room for the Jack Daniels fried pecan pie. You won't want to miss it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off main , good eatsyarnizeDined on 8/2/2013went here to celebrate my wife's birthday, it is a bit off main st in Fredricksburg but well worth it the food was great the service was great., we were originally set for reservations at 7:00 but they were able to get us in earlier with no issue and no fuss.,and if you are in to the local wines they offer several local wine selections and some not so local wine selections ., would recommend this to anyone weather they are celebrating a special occasion or just a night out or just dont want to cook , the price is a little more then your normal establishment but it is well worth it for this is not your normal establishment , and if you plan on staying in the area would look into the cabins they have to offer for rentSpecial Features:
- Consistent performerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2013We dine at Cabernet Grill 4-5 times/year. The menu is varied, with a wide range of appetizers and entrees. Almost all are very good, and several are excellent. Their escargot is terrific, the stuffed trout special, and they do a superb job with wild game. The atmosphere is rustic/elegant, and it is a white tablecloth dining experience. On our most recent experience we had a young waiter with a great personality, but once the food was delivered he became less attentive, so getting water glasses and the bread basket refilled required some effort. They have a full bar and and feature some of the best of Texas wines. One caution: They are popular with both locals and visitors, so be sure to reserve well in advance, even if you're just a couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOudruDined on 8/2/2013It was spectacular! I love the food and the service is always great! That is the best spinach salad everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMarkDined on 7/31/2013Went to Cabernet after a one day get-a-way. The food and service was excellent. Enjoyed walking around the cabins and the outdoor ponds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodBeastDined on 7/30/2013The overall experience was wonderful. The food, the service was awesome. It was a 60th birthday and it was very special.Special Features:
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/30/2013I ventured out to the Lobster covered chicken fried rib eye this time and found it to be good but I always love the Filet Wish the tenderloin tails were still sold separately without having to order with the turf. My partner had the sesame fried shrimp which he commented was excellent. We shall return as usual. Probably next week when another part of the family visitsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in FredericksburgChristinaW888Dined on 7/30/2013We celebrated our honeymoon 5 yrs ago in Fredericksburg. We went back to celebrate our anniversary there this year. We visited several restaurants that we had been to during our honeymoon & NOT one restaurant was as good as we'd remembered. But, The Cabernet Gill was just as delicious, if not more so than the first time we were there. When we know people planning trips to Fredericksburg we ALWAYS recommend The Cabernet Grill. Hands down this is one of the top 5 restaurants we have ever been to. We travel lots & this restaurants food is not the only great thing about The Cabernet Grill, but the staff &!servers are fantastic. The restaurant is nestled in The Cotton Gin which only adds to the romantic atmosphere. We definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MyfavoriteDined on 7/30/2013We are never disappointed when we dine here! Best food and service ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delish!SmartbarbieDined on 7/27/2013My husband and I ate there for our pre-anniversary weekend dinner. I had the surf and turf and my husband had the red fish. We started with the crab gratin appetizer and finished with the smashed apple pie and bread pudding. The combination of euro-infused Cajun is flawless. Everything was beyond exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ah-mazingTexaslove87Dined on 7/27/2013Went to Fredericksburg for a weekend away and stumbled upon this place. My husband and I are all about trying new places and man are we glad we found this place. We sat outside by the water features, and had a bottle of wine recommended by our server Korina. The food was delicious. We had the ribeye and the Cajun smoked salmon. Korina was extremely knowledgable of the area and wine list. This restaurant is what fine dining is all about. Definitely a place we will visit again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NancyDined on 7/27/2013We have eaten here several times. Food, as well as the service, is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013We celebrated our wedding anniversary there. The food was terrific! The chef took basic ingredients you'd expect at a grill (steak, pork, poultry) and prepared them in a uniquely delicious way. We had the lump crab meat au gratin for an appetizer and wiped the plate. The fried shrimp with sesame seed breading with mango chutney mayo and a terrific coleslaw made from shredded carrots and red cabbage in a tangy sauce was simply delicious. My husband had a medallion of pork and beef and a stuffed quail which were all tasty. His was accompanied by sweet potato mash which has a nice kick to it. The desserts all looked delicious and the apple pie compote topped with salted carmel ice cream and fresh berries was. The coffee and service was meh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013Loved the Cabernet Grill! Food was excellent and the service was great. My only suggestion would be to offer a few California wines for those of us who aren't such great fans of Texas wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ExperienceTraveler1Dined on 7/27/2013Food and atmosphere were good but service was lacking. This was a special occassion and I was very dissappointed in the lack of service.Special Features:
- It was a great place to getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013It was a great place to get dinner, food was awesome and the water feature outside was excellent.Special Features:
- Food was really goodPaulDined on 7/27/2013We each ordered something different in our party of four and each dinner was so good. Steaks were cooked the way we liked them, the pork loin was so tender and the coconut shrimp was so tasty. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very large let downFurgisonDined on 7/26/2013My husband and I went as an anniversary dinner, and were very let down all around. The service wasn't the best and we never got a refill on water. The food was decent, but for the price it was really hard to justify the food. WE were really let down by this restaurant. The redeeming quality would be the buffalo enchiladas which were really good, but we didn't even stay for desert.Special Features:
- 5-Star DiningjustjanetDined on 7/25/2013"We discovered this restaurant thanks to the referral of a friend. Both of our entrees were cooked and seasoned perfectly. The food was delicious, dessert and all! The wine was perfectly matched to our meals. Our server was informative and timely with each of the items we ordered. The ambience was great for a private dinner for two after a long day of shopping Fredericksburg."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service andJackDined on 7/24/2013Excellent food, service and atmosphere. What else could you ask for?Special Features:
- Simply the Best!MarcosVIPDined on 7/20/2013The food was remarkable and the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fredericksburg gemJC74Dined on 7/20/2013Great food!!! At our table we each had different dishes so that we could try a variety. Escargot for appetizer, then there was a wonderful steak, coconut shrimp and stuffed shrimp. The side dish of grits was perfect compliment to all dishes. We found the overall experience to be refined and relaxed. Perfect for upscale dinning in the hill country. Will suggest to all our friends planning a trip to Fredericksburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were celebrationg our annivesaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013We were celebrationg our annivesary and it was the greatest time we spent that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.