1910 Belcourt Ave.
Nashville, TN 37212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cabananashville.com/
- Phone: 6155772262x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Brian Uhl
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Special event inquiries may be additionally submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include projected party size, day/date of proposed event, and any other relevant information in addition to a day-time phone number and email.
A word from Cabana
'Cabana' is Nashville's introduction to 'New Southern Comfort Cuisine'. The elegantly casual fare is offered in an atmosphere suited with a varying seating styles from booths and couches to private or semi-private cabanas adorned with plush fabrics and separately controlled audio/video. Additionally, Cabana provides patio seating as well as a covered open-air setting, enclosed on both sides by large garage-style doors. Cabana is a casual but trendy spot in Hillsboro Village, nestled between Vanderbilt and Belmont Universities and Music Row, where one will enjoy reasonably priced yet chic foods in an atmosphere of comfort and class. YOU MUST CALL US TO BOOK AN ACTUAL CABANA 615-577-2262Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cabana - Best Restaurants in West End ›
Cabana reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (78)special occasion (54)hot spot (48)great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (38)fit for foodies (37)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (24)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (10)scenic view (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great for girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We went for a bachelorette party and it was perfect.Special Features:
- vanderbilt parents weekendkimberDined on 9/12/2014great dinner. reserved a table for 4. When we arrived requested a Cabana and were given one. No minimum. Fun and different. My daughter played music with her phone on the cabana speaker. Waitress was great. Food Great. Try the shrimp and grits. MMmmmm. Flight of martinis okay. All a bit too sweet. Great open air room in back as well.Special Features:
- Great food, knowledgeable waiterDoctorBitmapDined on 9/6/2014To celebrate my birthday this year, I wanted to go to a restaurant that was new to me. The Cabana fit the bill. I used OpenTable to set my reservation - reservations definitely required on weekends, even for early dining times! My wife has several dietary restrictions (no eggs, no cheese), but the online menu indicated that she would have a decent selection. I do most of our home cooking and prefer to order entrees that I do not or cannot make at home. I had the bacon-wrapped scallops. My wife had peach BBQ pork shanks. Both dishes were well balanced and delicious. The side items fit each order perfectly. Prices are very reasonable. Tim was attentive to our needs. I expect that we will be back sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 9/3/2014Several friends and I went for the ladies night on Wednesday. Their happy hour prices are amazing. We had a great time! The $5 small plates were perfect too. Can't wait to go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Active Adults EnjoyEmptynestersVIPDined on 8/31/2014The staff makes the difference ! The place is in college town. We are way past college. We felt very much at home. Food was right on ! We were told promptly by the server of the specials.Special Features:
- Pleasant and relaxing.FoodlovrVIPDined on 8/29/2014Outside seating was very nice in this West Nashville spot, on the edge of the Vanderbilt and Belmont campuses. My son likes it because it is on his Commodore Card for meal plan. My wife and I enjoyed the different twists on salmon. Nice Hillsboro neighborhood to walk through after dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Lots of PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This place has a great location, valet parking, and a varietal menu, but it's just not quite there. Looking at the menu there was a lot to choose from but the food wasn't great. I got the scallops and it was a $20 dish and besides the 4 scallops it was on a bed of corn, and beans and basically canned goods I could make at home for $4. The hanger steak was flavorless and dull. I liked the atmosphere but the food was not great, nor the service. Our server was rushed and short with us. For the amount I'm paying I expect a little more quality in the food and service.Special Features:
- Very impressedthiscloseDined on 8/29/2014Went here for a bachelorette party, and was very impressed. Drink selection was excellent.Special Features:
- MehFluffywhiteangel1Dined on 8/19/2014Nothing impressive. I ordered the fried green tomatoes, pork pot stickers, and sweet potato biscuits. Biscuits were cold, and there was so much sauce and cream cheese in and on the tomatoes that I couldn't taste the tomatoes. The pot stickers were ok. Service was very good. Very young crowd which didnt bother this 50 something. Expected better. Maybe my tastes are just more mature than what Cabana has to offer. This was a one-and-done visit.
- Great Place For Dinner!DivaDined on 8/19/2014Picked this place out of the booklet that I picked up in town.Great food loved the atmosphere!Had a great time love it would recommend to everyone!Special Features:
- Delish diningKateDined on 8/17/2014I'm glad we had a reservation, otherwise we'd have had to wait a little for a table. The service was fast and friendly, and the good was so tasty! Would definitely recommend Cabana in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beNeenBeanDined on 8/16/2014While Cabana is still pretty good, it is definitely not what it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food!Livinghalf2Dined on 8/15/2014Four of us had four appetizer/salads and shared most, all were tasty. The entrees were as promised and delicious. A free piece of cake for the birthday girl was a nice touch. The bargain wine list at "half price", really just 50% marked up is probably the best buy in a restaurant if you can find something you like. The atmosphere is fun and youthful. It was our second time there and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality FoodNinjarabbitDined on 8/15/2014Experienced very good food and service. Loved the ambience and outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three words...Sweet Potato BiscuitsnewnashvillegirlDined on 8/13/2014Everything at Cabana is delicious, but I go there for their sweet potato biscuits!! I have never had anything like them...warm sweet potato biscuits with warm peach preserves paired with their kale and spinach salad makes for the PERFECT combo!Special Features:
- Great environment slow serviceHappyblackjesusDined on 8/6/2014The cabanas were nice and the food was pretty good the only draw back was the slow service took over an hour to receive food after we orderedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudstillvibrantat40Dined on 8/1/2014My date and I had tickets to a film at Belcourt. Decided on a bite before at Cabana's. We were sat on the patio. TOO LOUD FOR dinner of two. Toooo many Bachelorette Parties. Tooooooo many 20-somethings. Food was ok - a bit too salty. Service subpar.Special Features:
- AwesomeFaygoDined on 7/26/2014This place was laid back, clean, friendly, kind, and pleasant!!! I would book reservations again...Special Features:
- Great Place to eat!AndreaDined on 7/26/2014Cabana was a great place to have dinner at! We went as a group for a bachelorette party and the environment was perfect ! Our waitress was amazing with a great personality. She gave us great recommendations for the menu and drinks! The specialty moonshine drinks were great too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!KatieDined on 7/19/2014This place has it all! We went for our bachelorette's weekend and the service was fantastic and the vibe is so fun! You get your own table where you can plug your phone in and play your own music and watch your own tv. Get the sangria! It is the best I have had since being in Spain. Everything was so good and they really want to make your night fun and memorable! A must go to!Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014I was a little disappointing in the food. I had the Fried Chicken entree and substituted green beans for the sweet peas. The chicken was very chewy - although the crust was cripsy. The green beans tasted and looked like they came out of a can - I was expecting fresh green beans, especially since everyone is going for a more heathly vibe now. The mashed postatoes seem to be instant, they were very smooth, almost like a soup. My fiancee ordered the burger medium and it came out extremely well done. The fries tasted good though. Martini flight was delicious! The table next to us ordered the pizza and it looked delicious, wish we would have ordered that!Special Features:
- Great placeHollypDined on 7/5/2014Great looking place, super unique setting. Drinks weren't anything special. Service lacked. Food was very good but the "cabana" experiences presented on their website was not what they made it out to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- madeaDined on 7/2/2014The food was great, our server was great. A great place to hang out with friends and talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okDrGardenerDined on 6/27/2014Good for large groups as there are some big booths inside. The porch has a nice atmosphere. Service and food were only OK.Special Features:
- nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014This restaurant was just fair. The food was just fair.... the table in the back was very cafeteria like. The booths with the curtains were all occupied by young girls having bachelorette parties. Very young and silly. It was very cold and un-enjoyable. Could not wait to leave. There was just nothing special about this restaurant. No atmosphere, no great service, nothing special.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We dined with a group of 20, and the event went flawlessly. I will definitely return - I can't say enough praises.Special Features:
- Fabulous food!QuinnsterDined on 6/23/2014The penne pasta with salmon, tuna, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes AND Parmesan was truly the best food I have ever enjoyed at a restaurant! It was hard narrowing down what to order because all of their food is delicious! Very varied menu with small and large plates! Highest recommendation! Go to Cabana!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad servicebadserverDined on 6/20/2014I hate when gratuity is already added to the check. Our waiter didn't give us his name he took to long with drinks and food he didn't deserve a tip....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I hoped forLoulouDined on 6/14/2014Fish sandwich that was dry and barely warm, cold fries on the side. Poor wine list and service was slow and unreliable. They did meet the request to sit outside.
- AppetizerBarbSandDined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed the entrée tremendously but the appetizer left a little to be desired. We had the tomato, mozzarella & basil salad & the tomatoes were not very good at all. The drinks, entrée & dessert were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service2foodsnobsDined on 5/31/2014The Cabanas are the only place to sit and be comfortable. But make sure you have at least 6 people attending. Otherwise the chairs at the tables are worse than cheap plastic patio chairs and very uncomfortable. The atmosphere was so loud you couldn't have a conversation with the person sitting across from you! I will not go back.Special Features:
- Bachelorette DinnerTriciaDined on 5/31/2014Cabana was an awesome find for a group of 8 for a Bachelorette party. We were seated right away and our waitress was very attentive. The food was great and the drinks were even better! Highly recommend the martini flight or sangria pitchers. Great place overall!Special Features:
- Unique place, unique (good) food!SheilaJDined on 5/31/2014First time there. It was great. Loved the hip, unique atmosphere but with awesome pizza and some good country cooking dishes too. Great for our group. Loved the cabana style group seating. Music was nice. Even had a TV for the kids to watch. The adults could talk. Great service too. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sartorialsallyDined on 5/27/2014This was my first visit, and I enjoyed it very much. I liked the privacy for a small group. Having small place was also very appealing. In fact that is the main reason why I booked the reservation. It did not disappoint. All six of us enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Great Food!RealtorDined on 5/20/2014The food had a great presentation and was wonderful to eat! I picked this place for our Anniversary because it appeared to be romantic but it wasn't. I wouldn't recommend for special occasions but it is definitely worth going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 655 reviews are from the Cabana reviews archive.
- loved it!funfoodDined on 5/18/2014My husband, so and I went for dinner on advice from a friend. We were not disappointed! Everything was so good. The cheddar grit bites and sweet potato biscuits were the perfect way to start the meal. We had the trout, pork chop, and penne pasta, and they were all wonderful. Desert was a vanilla bean tort with fresh strawberries...delicious! Service was great and atmosphere was fun! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over GroupedFranklinFoodieDined on 5/17/2014The Food was exceptionally good, I had the scallops and my wife had the salmon. The drinks were great and creative. We tried this place for our anniversary and some great conversation. Unfortunately, they have a special package for groups and the place was filled with bachelorette and bachelor parties. We could not hear each other without shouting. We were seated in the middle of them all. 90% were large groups. Suggest that they either limit the number of groups at one time or have a section that is reserved for quieter dining. We will definitely try them again. Want to try shrimp and grits!Special Features:
- Good food, too popularhungrysoulDined on 5/17/2014We have a good dinner experience. Good food, while the wine list was a little bit price. Wine by the glass had a bad selection. We were ther for dinner at the same time that there were many, many group parties, so it was very laud. It could be a good place when not so bussy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomerKristinDined on 5/17/2014I made reservations with Cabana for a bachelorette party...I called to inform the staff that we would not be making it for a reservations due to our bride-to-be and a bridesmaid getting stuck in our hotel's elevator! They were so kind and said to just let them know when we were on our way and they would work something out for us! Little did I know that I was speaking with the manager and upon arrival (1 hour and 15 minutes late) they had chilled champagne and fresh appetizers prepared for us at our cabana. To say this staff was incredible is an understatement! We all had an amazing time....the food was great and the entire staff was top notch! I HIGHLY recommend Cabana NashvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think I'll try againTomNashvilleVIPDined on 5/16/2014The menu looks fantastic and the reviews were mostly very good and the prices turned out to be cheaper than expected. Two problems for us: 1) the huge square bar in the middle of the restaurant consumes the place. Tables seem an afterthought. 2) service was not good. I want to try several others items. We will plan to sit at the bar next time.