Cabana Bar and Grille
3799 Lakeshore Road
Kelowna, BC V1W 3K5Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$30 and under
Cabana Bar and Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cabanakelowna.com/
- Phone: (250) 763-1955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Global, International
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant directly for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Bookings for larger groups can be accommodated in our Lounge, Private Dining Room, Dining Room, Patio or entire venue based on the day of the week and availability.
- Private Party Contact: Werner Kasper 2507631955x
- Entertainment: Live music and DJs featured weekly.
- Cross Street: Cook Street
- Public Transit: #1 Lakeshore stops on Lakeshore Road right in front of the restaurant at Cook St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking available in the Playa del Sol parking lot or street parking on Lakeshore Road or Cook St. Approach white garage door and follow signage left to stalls marked 'C'
A word from Cabana Bar and Grille
Located across the street from Kelowna’s prized Lake Okanagan and on the corner of Cook and Lakeshore, Cabana Bar & Grille is an oasis for regional, rustic, family cuisine. Owned and operated by restaurateur Werner Kasper. An affordable menu focusing on fresh local produce cooked in innovative ways will sure to become a family favorite and local hot spot.Continued
A relaxed and casual atmosphere offers guests a chance to sit back and enjoy their surroundings while dining on some of Kelowna’s finest Canadian cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cabana Bar and Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Dineout4funDined on 8/28/2014Friendly staff, good menu, and the solo musican was added bonus. Three out of four meals were perfect. Brother-in law found the Cabana mushroom burger oustanding on bagel bun. Thin crust Luau pizza with with shredded cocanut was delicious and the salad had a good portion of grlled salmon. Fresh pasta was a bit dry when served therefore was ok. Due to the construction on lakeshore the place was quiet and we felt should be busier at 7pm. Good spot for get together with friends. Loved the music, open for requests, and at the right level and so could still have a good conversation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pasta disheslikegoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014The "fresh made pasta" was more like vermiccilli. It was overcooked and gooey. If you enjoy girls wearing dresses that barely cover their butts then you may enjoy this restaurant but do not go for the food.
- The following 142 reviews are from the Cabana Bar and Grille reviews archive.
- Is this a restaurant?playmobil31Dined on 7/19/2014Worst. Dinner. Ever. We waited 1h15min to get our food. We had our food because we threaten them to leave. Food was just disgusting. The Thai curry seemed to have been cooked 2 days ago, the rice (who can failed a meal, especially cooking rice???) was all packed and way too sticky/gooy. The burger was un-believable dry, buns were cold and it was missing bacon and grilled onions. How can you freakin' miss bacon in a bacon burger??? The waitress was kind enough to offer us a beer "on the house" for the wait... After having tasted the meals, and chat with the manager, we just left without paying anything on her final suggestion. Not worth our time, not worth a dime, just a waist of our time. Obviously, we will never go back again.
- Back for appys & wineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Picked restaurant based on website menu, wine list & chef. All had changed so not a good start. Owner impressed me with going & getting the wine I had wanted at the LCB. Started w sharing appys all were very good. Scallops benny were outstanding with the calamari & baked brie very good. Out of a group of 6, 4 entrees were very much enjoyed (salmon salad, beef tenderloin, braised short rib, short rib pasta). My Puttanesca pasta was ordered el dente (as was the short rib pasta) however while the sauce was good, my pasta was under cooked & a much smaller portion than the short rib pasta which did not make sense. The el dente short rib pasta was perfectly cooked. My wife's green thai curry was disappointing & she would not order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appies and cocktailsAppiesRockDined on 6/30/2014Yummy appies that make your mouth water from the menu and taste even better. Great outdoor space for dining and socializing. 2 good group tables to seat 8. Loved the cocktail options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menuGourmet2Dined on 5/18/2014Dinner for 4, service was quick and attentive. Good weekly specials. The veggies on one plate were cold , they fixed it promptly. Appetizers were delicious. A 3 piece band was playing a variety of classics. They have a nice patio that could be enjoyed in the warm weather .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First place I ever walked out ofwine2dineDined on 4/25/2014We waited 1.5 hours with 3 very hungry kids and had to walk out before we were served our dinner. The service was awful and the one thing we did eat was even worse. They took 35 minutes to bring us a shrimp cocktail which ended up being luke warm boiled shrimp. I've never had a shrimp cocktail that wasn't chilled. This had zero seasoning and was pathetic. We waited and told our server that we were going to leave if we had to wait much longer. He said that the kitchen was very busy, which didn't make sense because the restaurant wasn't even full. He was apologetic and we left. I would NEVER recommend this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/19/2014Pretty good night, rotisserie chicken was fantastic. Server was a little slow and preoccupied.
- A little summer in Kelowna1KatrinaDined on 4/19/2014Very attractive with good location and underground parking. Lots of food choices as well as different liquors, wines and beers. Would recommend. We enjoyed it as we were longing for summer and the drive with the scenic surroundings made it worth the trip.Special Features:
- Almost a Home RunLadysmithTravellersVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a reservation and actually visited the restaurant to choose our table. However, when we arrive our table was already taken and we received a table with a view of the doors to the kitchen. After an exchange with the manager we ended up with a very nice booth and a couple of drinks on the house (thank you). We started with a salad (chicken and kale) and the calamari (lime foam dip), both were very good. Our main was the Mediterranean pizza, nice pizza but totally overpowered by the amount of green olives they put on it. We couldn't eat it all and once we picked off all the olives the leftovers were not bad. Wished we had seen the olive on the ingredients list as we would have asked for no olives or picked a different pizza. Good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not returnpackratsdadDined on 4/12/2014Started badly when ordered the beer jug special and were brought 3 dirty glasses with dishwater in the bottom of them. 3 of the menu items we thought would be good were not available. 2 of us ordered the seafood pasta bowl and what we received were 2 different dishes (one had shrimp, one did not, one had tomatoes, one did not, one had olives, one did not). On top of that, the pasta was way overcooked to the point of being mushy and was served with a moist piece of bread (Yuk). I ate the shrimp and told the waitress to take the rest back to the kitchen and tell them about being overcooked. She came back and said the chef apologized Nobody else complained at the restaurant of the 4 of us, but no one finished and all said it was not good.
- Not disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014This was our second visit to Cabana Grille and we were just as pleased as the first time, a year ago. The food is really yummy and we had a very positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FoodWilkieDined on 4/1/2014Arrived with a party of four and were greeted immediately by a friendly staff member. Shortly, our waiter arrived with water and a friendly smile. I liked the ambience of the restaurant and the very comfortable booth. The presentation of the different dishes was excellent and the chicken special was tasty and succulent. Our food was elegantly presented and very good as well as our service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate experience at CabanaDisappointedDined on 3/21/2014My husband surprised me with dinner at Cabana for my bday. We had reservations & when we arrived we were quickly seated & perused the menu. After 10 minutes of no server I asked the hostess if she could send him to grab drink orders. She did and he came & abruptly offered to go over specials. I thought he meant drink specials & said "oh that's ok thanks". We placed drink orders & he started taking our food menus away. I said "oh we'd like to order food". He condescendingly said "I thought you didn't want food, you didn't want to know the specials". I clarified we did & he headed off to tend to the booths behind us, laugh with coworkers & we didn't see him or our drinks for 5...10...15 minutes. We left for the El restaurant - SO much better!
- Fun space with friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed our evening, having a couple of drinks and sampling some of the appetizers. The server was wonderful, checking in with us but not rushing us at all, suggesting we have the dishes come out sporadically so they would all stay hot. The duck quesadillas were our favourite, with a tangy sauce and tender duck. We expected stronger mushroom flavours from the wild mushroom risotto fritters but they were nice and crispy. The place was buzzing with lots of groups, as it was easy with the big booths and long row format. Service is not exceptionally fast but if you want a relaxing night it's a fun place to go.Special Features:
- InvestigationCBranderDined on 2/22/2014We went to Cabana Grille to test the food and service so we could book them to cater our wedding. We were thoroughly impressed with the food and service and will definitely use them for our event!Special Features:
- GarlicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Do away with the paprika in the garlic butter. If you are serving garlic butter with seafood - SERVE GARLIC BUTTER The butter served did not add to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre "Winter Shaker" Dinner2ndhelpingDined on 2/22/2014Found the menu to be varied with a good selection of main courses all reasonably priced , the Buttered Chicken really hit the spot. Thought the appetizers were a little over priced. The wine selection was good and offered a wide range of reds and whites. Service was excellent, our server was very knowledgeable and friendly adding to the occasion. Over all a plesant dinning experience and will definetly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste & FlavourkelannDined on 2/14/2014Every time we have eaten at Cabana Grille the food has always been full of flavour and taste. Their menu has a taste for all types of foodies. The restaurant can be noisy so not a good setting for a romantic or visiting with friends type of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there for wine andAbbyDined on 1/25/2014We were there for wine and dine. Service was good but slow getting our food. We weren't in a a hurry so not an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014Wine and Dine was too much for this place to cope with. Our personal service was very good but even with that a wait of over 30 min between courses was too long. We were kept appraised which was nice. Will try again on a quieter night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerlaexpressDined on 1/11/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant was good. Service was good. It's a good restaurant for people with food restrictions (gluten free, sodium, cholesterol). I was impressed with that. For the most part food was pretty good although the Prawn Pompodoro had too much sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingProsDined on 10/11/2013This is a restaurant that sounds like a nightclub.Special Features:
- stagetteMsCheckDined on 10/4/2013our dinner was amazing and service was fantastic even on such a busy night. server had excellent timing . drinks were great. all staff was accommodating to the children we had and assisted us with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic timeCellogirlDined on 9/21/2013Four girlfriends and I just had a fabulous dinner at the Cabana Grille last weekend. The food, wine and energy of the place was very very good. Our nice waitress was just super! It was only her 2nd day working there and she was just adorable. Great service and the food was rich, pleasing and tasty. Just what us old girls were looking for that night. We went back to our resort full and satisfied. Will definitely be back there next time we meet in Kelowna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013Went to cabana for brunch. Limited selection-they kept running out of what was there. Only type of eggs were scrambled and although I asked about having some poached eggs was told "we don'tdo poached eggs with an insincere apology". For the class of restaurant they are trying to be, I would have expected a much better array of food. What was there lacked taste and creativity. Don't bother doing brunch there. There are much better ones elsewhere.
- Great food and Good serviceanitomDined on 8/17/2013The food at the Cabana was delicious and the service was attentive and timely. I will definately be back at the Cabana soon for another amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MalvernDined on 8/16/2013Had a delicious dinner! Staff very knowlegeable about menu items and ingredients and able to Answer all our questions. Great gluten free options (Italian gluten free pizza was delish!).service was excellent. Will definitely return. Was here twice last year and outdoor scene was also greatSpecial Features:
- I was disappointed with beingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013I was disappointed with being seated in the bar side of the restaurant. There was a good selection of empty tables outside on the patio and in the restaurant side. Our food was good, but the service was very mediocre. I was served the wrong drink twice. Could be that our server couldn't hear due to volume level of the canned music....
- Menu mediocreSuzieQDined on 8/9/2013This was my third time to this restaurant and I found the menu changes disappointing; it seemed more like an Earls and less like a special place with an interesting menu. We were seated right away and had drink and food ordered. The server clearly did not read our body language in that we wanted to talk and catch up. The cocktail drinks came and before I could take the first sip of my drink, the main food arrived; we had to have 2 coffees in order to prolong our evening with our friends. There were no seatings after us, so I was perplexed as to why the rush. I will probably go somewhere else in the future.Special Features:
- Reservation?!SunshineDined on 8/3/2013My group thoroughly enjoyed our dinner however, I was slightly disappointed that my reservation was given away when they evidently had to scramble to find us a table which ended up being a wobbly one outdoors because we were too hungry to care at the time. Just a little bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatioPatriciaDined on 7/23/2013The patio is lovely but when I pointed out that there were a lot of ants and perhaps you should address that issue, the server didn't really take it seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We made a reservation onlineskgfDined on 6/7/2013We made a reservation online which I really liked being able to do. The resturant has a nice decor and the staff is friendly. We mentioned that we would have a child with us and they had a booster seat, colouring page and crayons at the table when we arrived. The food we ordered was very tastey but a little pricey for the portion size. Overall a good resturant.Special Features:
- Another average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013Food was average, I had a pizza and my wife had a salad, we sat out on the patio which was noisy due to the traffic but expected. Service was slow so they gave us an appetizer to share while we waited which was a nice gesture however the appy (Smoked Salmon) had filling of fish eggs or something wrapped inside it that was not to my wife nor my liking. We were able to get a table out on the patio on a Friday night at 7 PM which was nice.
- We were really disappointedAndyDined on 4/20/2013We were really disappointed with this dining experience. We had made a reservation on Open Table and were placed in the bar side of the restaurant once we got there. We told them that we had made a reservation for a dining room table and then they tried to seat us right next to a table of 4 in a section that was not booths. Just tables and chairsnext to each other. We said we didn't want to sit right on top of another group and so they finally gave us a booth. By the time we left, there were still tables not being used all over the dining room, so the reluctance to seat us in the dining room was extremely frustrating. My food was so-so. A bizarre combination of artichokes, a few prawns- maybe 3, and some tough sausage thrown in.
- Our main course was very goodunhappyDined on 3/21/2013Our main course was very good but the callamari was very poor for that resturant, this is our third visit and was a little dissapointed in the service and the appy.
- Everything was great! It wastsatinDined on 3/15/2013Everything was great! It was a lot of fun, the food and drinks were superbe and our server was awesome.Special Features:
- I have always had great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013I have always had great food at Cabanas . I like the multiple areas, booths for private meal to open areas. I had the fresh artic char the last time I was in and it was very fravorful.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013This was our first visit to Cabana, and we chose it blindly based on reviews. We had a great dinner and were very happy with it! We were on a wine tasting tour, so it was nice to have a good selection of local wines to choose from. However, if you're looking for quiet and intimate, this did not fit that description on the Friday evening that we were there.Special Features:
- I had a special on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013I had a special on the menu for a drink which was a cesar that had bacon and a slider on the top. It was one of the best cesars that I have had, and was also an absolutely fantastic idea, as I posed a picture of it online and got quite the response. The meal was fantastic but I feel the service could have been a little more attentive. We waited quite a while to get our bill and pay.Special Features: