782 King Street West,
Toronto, ON M5V 1N6Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cabalsocial.com/
- Phone: 6473428866x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Cocktails: Thursday: 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Cocktails: Friday - Saturday: 6:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Min Gi Jung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room
- Catering: Please contact info@cabalsocial with your catering requirements and we will get back to you with more details.
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate parties to product launches, day events to engagement and birthday parties, live bands to dance parties, Cabal is flexible enough to accommodate your event, and customize its services to meet your needs and requirements. Please Contact us for our Canapé menu.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8886239652
- Entertainment: Live Bands and DJs perform after 10:00 PM from Thursday to Saturday. Please refer to our Facebook page for the latest update on entertainment.
- Special Events: From corporate parties to product launches, day events to engagement and birthday parties, live bands to dance parties, Cabal is flexible enough to accomodate your event, and customize its services to meet your needs and requirements. Please Contact us for our Canapé menu.
A word from Cabal
We are Cabal, a clique of creative thinkers who conspire against the mainstream in pursuit of their vision. Our vision is to bring together creative minds who appreciate good things, be it food, drinks, music, or art.Continued
Join Cabal for an alluring, social experience.
Join Cabal for an alluring, social experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cabal reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great first impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My friend and i decided to grab dinner there last Saturday before a Secret Society/friend's birthday event and the food was amazing. So was the staff! And i love that they carry St. Germain. The music and atmosphere was phenomenal. It was one of the best nights i've had in a really long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Showed up for our reservation and they were having a private party. They agreed to seat us for 45 min and then made the experience so uncomfortable that we decided to leave as they had no interest in serving us.
- Almost thereCandRDined on 7/19/2014Eating at Cabal was a pleasant experience, although I don't feel as though the $35 per person seat was worth the food we received. For openers we got the soba and salmon tartar, which were pleasant, but not spectacular. The tartar had a very fresh taste, but the soba was not particularly amazing. The meatballs, which I feel were the highlight of the dish, were missing some key seasoning that I couldn't put my finger on. For entrees, we had the hake and ribs. The ribs were delicious, although again the taste was not unique. The Hake tasted again very fresh, but the flavours were no revelation. Dessert was the most polarizing. Fruit salad tasted like something I could make but the mousse was great. Overall the food was hit or miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrispyBumblebeeDined on 7/18/2014The food is always excellent - go for the soba with beef balls, beef short ribs and panna cotta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingDeeeDined on 7/18/2014I went with my boyfriend for summerlicious. The place advertises itself as a gathering for art lovers, so the tacky, hideous art was surprising. The app and main course were good (salmon tar tar, hake), but the dessert was not (panna cotta). The server was unfriendly. The drinks were crazy overpriced. The overall feeling was that we got gouged.
- wouldn't go back.CherryPieDined on 7/17/2014Went for the Summerlicious dinner menu and was disappointed. Portion size are small tapas - there was not enough food for dinner (and I don't have an overlarge appetite). Had the vegetarian main (Kong Go Gi) and it was bad. The visual was like a cheap processed burger, the taste was bland but the texture was the worst (sludge). Ended up skipping the dessert because we were so underwhelmed. Would not recommend or go back.
- AwesomesauceRusskiHurricaneDined on 7/16/2014Made a reservation for Summerlicious 2014 - the 3-course pre-fixe for $35 was a great value. The salmon tartare with Yuzu was fresh and crisp, the braised ribs were mouthwatering and the panna cotta was beautifully balanced with a Yuzu salsa. The waitress was very knowledgeable and the drink availability was pleasantly suprising (I had a local Torono cider). Will return for sure!Special Features:
- Excellent Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014I was 45 minutes late for my summerlicious reservation because of downtown traffic and the hostess was very accommodating. She assured us it was not a problem when my friend (who was on time) went in and asked if we could push our reso a bit later, and the service throughout our entire dinner was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great summerlicious choiceilikefoodDined on 7/12/2014I made this choice for a group of friends and my date, they were all impressed and loved the design of the venue. Music was non-existent at some point, it was not busy for a saturday night, I would imagine people are still unfamiliar with the name. One thing I was confused about was the restaurant design and the menu, a once french gastro restaurant is now asian fusion, the decor is different and threw me off. Service was great, it was a nice intimate venue and we enjoyed our time there! Food was amazing, our favourites were the salmon tar tar and the short ribs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Food was just okay. Vegetarian main was gross. Cocktails were great. Service was great.
- Definitely a place to recommendrosaliDined on 7/5/2014small menu but the food was great. their staff were very friendly and they have a great cocktail menu. Definitely a place to recommendSpecial Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Cabal reviews archive.
- Amazing food!almondizeDined on 6/19/2014Food was fresh, modern and unique. I loved the tomato salad, the vegetarian noodles (green!) and the custard was absolutely delicious. Menu is small but every choice is a great one. Only complaint is that I felt service was a little slow. We did not order drinks so I cannot comment on that.Special Features:
- Good food but unpretentiousInternationalfoodieDined on 6/19/2014People in King West will enjoy this neighborhood restaurant. The menu is limited but the selections are solid and fairly priced. A thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - rude service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014Great food in a trendy location. However staff was rude and washroom was in poor condition.Special Features:
- Exceptional!DTHCDined on 6/19/2014Finally a dining experience for foodies that isn't pretentious. Absolutely delicious food, nicely sized portions, and friendly service. The interior is hip and posh; not overly loud. The drinks were great, but I just can't stop talking about the food. The ingredients are so fresh and flavourful. This place doesn't just add ingredients for the sake of making it unique. It all works so well. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Perfect Father’s day dinnertwistedlittleoneDined on 6/14/2014We went early and were the first ones there with our 9 month old. The staff was very accommodating, nice and patient with us. The food was amazing! We ordered the crispy chicken for an appetizer - perfect amount of spiciness. We both had the steak for dinner - made medium rare - perfect. The mushroom sauce it came with was amazing and the scalloped potatoes with crusty cheesy top was the bomb!!! Would go there again and have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- YUM!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Our dinner at Cabal was incredible! The warm mushroom salad - every taste was a sensation! The steak was tender and juicy...I will dream about those potatoes for years to come. And the yam crumble was a creamy taste of divinity. My mouth is still watering at the memories! The service was friendly, informative and absolutely cheery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodOutoftownersDined on 5/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised by our meals at Cabal. At first we weren't sure what to expect as there were only a few tables, yet it was earlier in the night. When the food came the presentation was picture worthy and the combination of flavors and uniqueness was perfect. Portion size was Excactly right and we didn't leave dissapointed. I would recommend trying the salmon tartare appetizerand and the Yam crumble for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesome!Rob1980Dined on 4/17/2014All of our 3 courses were incredible. Surprisingly not many people for dinner. I would certainly revisit.Special Features:
- Good food good servicelooking4greateatsVIPDined on 3/28/2014Had a delicious meal here, the warm mushroom salad is a must. The service is very friendly but not overbearing. Great ambiance, it just lacked people, we may have just been there earlier than the usual crowd. This place turns into a bar lounge later in the night, very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayWebulatorDined on 2/13/2014In general the food was good with interesting flavours but the portions were sooooo small that the main course of braised beef ribs barely met the definition of "ribs" with just 2 small ribs with just enough actual meat for an appetizer. It's not that the food wasn't good (it was) and I'm not looking for "Milestones-sized" portions, but the three of us commented afterwards that we were still hungry. The service was REALLY slow. It took forever for the waiter to bring us our starting cocktails and when he did he got one of them wrong - even though he wrote the order down. On the fixed prix Winterliscious menu, it took almost 3 hours to get to the dessert. Tables that arrived after us got served before us.
- Great food, very slow serviceWL2014Dined on 2/8/2014Went here for Winterlicious 2014. It took almost an hour just to get appetizers. The kitchen had apparently "lost" our order. There's only about 15-20 tables. Had our drinks comp'd which was a nice gesture. But the rest of the courses also took forever to arrive. Even the dessert. By the time they got to the table, I was so hungry I could barely appreciate the great quality of the food itself - although it was very tasty. Nice ambience and lighting.Special Features:
- What a gem!VikaVIPDined on 2/7/2014Winterlicious menu is often hit or miss but not at Cabal. Each course was very well thought out. Dishes were original, perfectly portioned and superbly executed. Elevating this already wonderful experiences were attentive and knowledgable service staff and great drink choices. My favorite was lychee infused vodka martini. We definitely plan to come back and check their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/1/2014Food is excellent, portion size is a little small. Great place to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Perfect little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014Food was really tasty, but even better was the service. Our server made it feel like we were the only ones there and was very knowledgeable. Appetizer and main were delicious, I could have done without the dessert. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Winterlicious @ CabalfoodwfriendsDined on 1/31/2014Had a fantastic dinner at Cabal! Was our first time there. 1st of many Winterlicious dinners in 2014. Service was exceptional. Food was fantastic. Would go back again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and emptyPeekstarDined on 1/18/2014Not sure why but we came here on Saturday night at 8 pm and the place was empty!! Only two other couples eating there and by the time we were done it was just us. Some people came in around 9:30 for the bar and by some people I mean two people who were friends with the bartender. However the food was really tasty but the portions were so small we had to eat again at a pub after. The decor is nice so I hope the place picks up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceMystticDined on 1/11/2014The service was outstanding, would come back for a party for sure.Special Features:
- went for my birthday dinnersheneilDined on 12/7/2013went for my birthday dinner here, it was quiet, intimate group of 16 people. the food was, portions could be a slightly bigger but it was still great. It was great service, decent prices and Korean chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!ReidDined on 12/6/2013Had the Beef Sirloin Steak it was delicious. It was a quiet Friday night there, there was only 2 other customers and have no idea why because service and food was top notch. Definitely recommend for couples or groups of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gemfoodie123Dined on 11/15/2013Tucked just West of the bustling restaurant scene on King West, Cabal surprised and delighted us with incredible cuisine and a funky vibe.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceannieETriyazDined on 11/15/2013The service was exceptional, something that I haven't gone through in a while. We wanted to thank her personally after dinner. Dim lighting/ candle lights provide a very decent atmosphere for a romantic dinner night. Although a little loud, the contemporary-modern splash in the restaurant atmosphere and food makes this place shine from the rest. We were told that the owner who is a DJ plays sometimes, and the restaurant transforms into a semi club/dance floor towards midnight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very good.eatinginTODined on 11/14/2013The service was very good. The wait staff were friendly and attentive and asked many times how everything was. The food itself was very good. The portion sizes were on the smaller side, but very well prepared and tasty. The music was a very loud (the restaurant seemed to serve as a dance club as well, even though no one was dancing). Difficult to bring a date for a quiet conversation, but definitely a nice restaurant to go with friends as a group.Special Features:
- Confusing - Dining or Lounge?MPTBDined on 11/9/2013We had reservations for a birthday dinner based on food reviews. I asked Cabal acknowledge the birthday. The restaurant called earlier in the day to confirm the reservation. However, when we arrived staff appeared confused and there was no table. We were asked to go to the bar and then invited to a table at the door which had been available when we first walked in. Given it was a cold night, I asked to wait, or move. We were invited to dine on a couch as the "restaurant" is actually more a lounge. The menu is small, food good, but small servings. Staff provided decent service. However, the atmosphere was confusing and we were annoyed with the lack of reservation and birthday acknowledgement.Special Features:
- Terrific foodTravelndineDined on 10/24/2013We went on a Thursday night and it was quiet, only a couple of other tables occupied so the atmosphere was a bit disappointing. Nonetheless, the food was terrific with very good presentation. My friend and I started with the chestnut soup and the sausage stuffed calamari. Both dishes were unique and nicely done. Our main entrees were the sirloin steak and 64* chicken. Again, both well-prepared and delicious. The only fair dish was dessert, apple tart, but as we were quite full by then, we weren't too disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood gem tucked away!rondamicVIPDined on 9/12/2013Great spot, terrific food - the waiter was very attentive. Restaurant was quiet, not a lot of people present but the staff was very attentive to our needs and the food was delicous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, quiet, romantic...with greatgmcnabVIPDined on 7/20/2013The place was a bit quiet for a Saturday night, but that meant you got more attention and we're fighting to be heard. The place has a very nice looking bar and the staff were very friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in what we thought of the food and the restaurant overall. Both our meals were very good and the portions generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The yuzu bingsoo (summerlicousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013The yuzu bingsoo (summerlicous dessert they had) was very unique and yum. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food over ServicedftcDined on 7/19/2013Food was very good - everyone ordered steak and had large portions, however mine was significantly smaller. Despite the fact, everyone was still hungry after the 3-course Summerlicious meal. Service was not very attentive but was not terrible- however the waiter seemed to make a half-hearted last-ditch effort at making small talk when we asked for the bill (he also spent his time finishing up making a drink he just started and snacking on an item a waitress brought over before coming over with the bill). Otherwise, a nice, quiet place for dinner with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undiscovered GemJennifersEatsDined on 7/13/2013Cabal is located a bit West of King & Bathurst, which makes it a little less noticeable to the public eye & all that walking traffic. I had been recommended to go for dinner by a friend so I figured why not! Let's say I was MORE than impressed. I have a thing for hardword floors & brick, and it gave off this wonderful lounge-y atmosphere, as well as the art on the walls was magnificent. The food is gourmet at a reasonable price, the plating is appealing to the eye, & the colours and freshness are superb. My friend & I had planned only to stay for dinner, but since it was a Saturday there was apparently a party going on afterwards so we decided to stay. They played house music which I think is their specialty. Hands down I'm coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.