Ca' Dario Ristorante
37 E Victoria St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ca' Dario Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cadario.net/
- Phone: 8058849419
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dario Furlati
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Danny Chisholm 8058849419
A word from Ca' Dario Ristorante
"Anything grilled is divine, and the rest of the menu is delectable at this charming Italian restaurant in Santa Barbara known for its excellent execution of simple pasta, meats and other classics. A fantastic wine list with many available by the glass; its a local favorite, so reservations are a must."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Ca' Dario Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Ca' Dario Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (48)romantic (32)notable wine list (23)hot spot (17)great for lunch (16)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Consistently One of the BestAnandaDined on 8/30/2014Ca' Dario is always a lively scene, very high noise level and terrific food. The best spinach ricotta ravioli in town! Try their signature app, grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto! Very tasty.Wonderful wait staff. Note this restaurant doesn't close between lunch and dinner, making it a great choice for those who like to eat in the late afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again, Owner (Dario) is awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Had my birthday dinner here with my family over Labor Day Weekend 2014. The restaurant completely messed up an order (it came after all other people were done eating) and when we asked them to remove the dish from the bill, they refused. They said they would comp our two appetizer salads but when the bill came, both salads were on there and they removed $8.48 BUT they also ADDED a desert charge and we didn't order any desert (VERY SNEAKY)! We spoke to the manager and Owner (DARIO) they were rude and dismissive. Further, DARIO's solution was for us to just not tip on the meal - what an awful business owner that he would rather his employee's lose out than to resolve a dispute with his customer! I would encourage you to never go here.
- One of the best in townFoodHoundDined on 8/28/2014Lots of places to dine in Santa Barbara, but very few can compare with the food, service, and vibes of Ca' Dario. Just the right touch of Italy to make a perfect lunch or dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014First let me say that I am Italian. My goodness what a great meal we had. We started with drinks. I have had plenty of Martinis but these were amazing! We had side Cesar salads (not bad but I would skip next time), John Dory putanesca (seriously amazing), eggplant parmigiana (best I have had in a restaurant), and some capellini pomodoro. I was in Santa Barbara for 3 days and this was the best meal we had. I will be there again.Special Features:
- DeliciouszackerDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed lunch with a friend at Ca Dario. Not nearly so noisy as it is for dinner. Food delicious and service excellent. Roast chicken grilled sandwich very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatpizzaexpertVIPDined on 8/19/2014We were out of the country for several months, but on returning came back to our favorite Italian restaurant. The food was 100% consistent with what it had been, everyone recognized us and we were given the same great service as always. Ca'Dario is consistent! The always filled restaurant shows others feel the same way about it as we do.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantDetroitDonny58Dined on 8/16/2014Great Italian food!! I love Italian and this place is a local hangout with the best I have found in California. The ravioli, house salad, eggplant pram, lamb chops, striped bass, are all excellent! I go every year for my birthday. I love it!Special Features:
- Greet dinnerTruegritDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food. I had the privilege of trying 5 different dishes. My favorite was the risotto. Great staff and nice scene.Special Features:
- Great foodcaroletDined on 8/12/2014Lovely neighborhood restaurant. Large menu and really good pasta. The evening specials were also delicious. When crowded it's pretty noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodJustokVIPDined on 8/11/2014Busy and somewhat rushed until we said to slow down. Food pretty good lots of specials. Bread cold and chewy which we just expected better from an Italian restaurant with a pizzeria attaches
- Delicious foodenjoyfoodDined on 8/9/2014We were only visiting Santa Barbara for one night and were very pleased to have been told about Ca'Dario. The food was all completely delicious and there was plenty of it. We went for sea food options throughout and really enjoyed everything we tried. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 8/9/2014if you like Italian this is the spot in Santa Barbara......Pasta if fabs.Special Features:
- We like Ca DarioRozzieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always have a great dinner here and our waiter, Don, is always good. We like to take our friends from Los Angeles because it's one of the better places in Santa Barbara. The only drawback is that it's extremely loud because of the acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid if you want to conversecentralcoastdinerDined on 8/8/2014I've enjoyed this restaurant in the past when I have arrived at early, off season, and week days. My most recent dining on a Friday night at 7:15 pm was awful due to the exceptionally noisy conditions. Had to lean in across our small table and almost shout to be heard. We cut our dinner short and left within 1 hour. Contributing to the noise level was a party of 8. The dining space is small and confined so you can't escape noisy people. If you want to talk, this isn't the place or be sure to ask if there are any groups coming in around your reservation time. Without the noise problem, my overall rating would have been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise beyond beliefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent but the entire experience painful due to the noise level. Tables are close together and with a packed house loud voices bounced off the walls. We would never go backSpecial Features:
- As good as it ever wasWittyDined on 8/1/2014I used to live in Santa Barbara some years ago and Ca Dario was my favorite restaurant back then. My husband and I were passing through town on our way to LA and wanted to have a nice dinner in SB and thought we'd go to Ca Dario. In short, it was as fantastic as I remember. We were both blown away by our meals (I had the bologonese--yum! He had the gnocchi--super fresh, and we both shared the fresh local mussels for an app--just delicious! Oh and don't forget the affogato desert...sigh!) In short, it's still amazing here. Any restaurant that can last in sb has to be something special, and cadario is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- betterrestaurantsSBVIPDined on 8/1/2014I haven't been to Ca'Dario in quite a while. I don't go there in general because of the noise level. In the past their food was quite good, the typical Italian fare in Santa Barbara where all the Italian restaurants seem to have the same menu , with the same flavors. My dinner this time however was poor on every level. My rotisserie chicken was overdone and tasted as though it had been cooked quite a bit earlier in the day. The spinach was tasteless and also tasted and looked as though it had been made days before and sitting a refrigerator and reheated. My three companions thought their dinner only fair as well. The service was fine and efficient . I would try it again in a pinch but I am certainly not rushing back.
- Nothing specialFoodie70Dined on 7/30/2014Food could be better prepared Service needs upgrading
- An Outstanding Dining ExperienceGuidoDined on 7/27/2014As a 2nd generation Italian, I come from a family of traditional Italian cooking and truly appreciate this marvelous cuisine. Although I live on the east coast, I am frequently in Santa Barbara. My visit to Ca' Dario was my first, but certainly will not be my last.The waitstaff was welcoming, and attentive throughout without being intrusive. My waterglass was never more than half empty, there was never a used plate on my table for more than a few minutes.They work as well as a team. My own server was most knowledgeable and very helpful and attentive.My four course dinner included a marvelous antipasto appetizer, a delicious ravioli dish, a terrific baked chicken in a succulent vegetable red wine sauce, and meringue-based cake! DELICIOUS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant diningFoodie1Dined on 7/26/2014We had a fabulous time at this restaurant. Beautifully prepared food, great atmosphere with a New York feel. Great service. We will come back here often.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/22/2014We had a wonderful evening at Ca'Dario. Everyone in our group of six loved their meal and our waitress was attentive and friendly!Special Features:
- YesFineWineVIPDined on 7/20/2014A great haunt of ours, where Jennifer always takes care of us with her charm and smile. Always a delight. Food is super good. Just one thing- their Red Wines are served way to warm!Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!Supermom81Dined on 7/19/2014We were hosting some out-of-town guests and decided to bring them to our favorite restaurant. Each person had a different dish and we ended up sharing because they were all so good.Special Features:
- Turn it down, please!ronpDined on 7/18/2014I love the food - especially the Branzino. But I've become hesitant to dine there because of the shattering noise level. Decided to try early. Arrived at 6. Only patches of people. Hostess sat us in second room right next to a loud party of 10. I should have asked for another table. My bad. Server was slow and indifferent. As place filled up, noise increased exponentially. There are no rugs, no wall drapes to cut down on noise reverberation. They obviously are doing well and will probably be indifferent to my concerns. But. as with all restaurants, the 15 minutes of fame can end at any time. To add insult, I got a note from Open Table that Ca'Dario saidI didn't show up for my reservation. That was straightened out.Special Features:
- Much Ado...JonathanCDined on 7/14/2014(This is just one man's opinion.) My wife and I went there on Monday night--my first time and her third--and although the ravioli was right up there with the absolute best, my disappointment with my course was enough not go back. I splurged and got the 24 ounce rib-eye and it was flat out inedible. For starters, the cut was tremendously fatty, more so that other rib-eyes; second, the chef went overkill with the sage or whatever herb type seasoning he/she used. The meat had no flavor and was so seasoned up I ate about 1/10. Great pasta, terrible steak; but then again, I was the idiot who ordered steak at an Italian place. With that said, my wife's salmon was great, the service was good and the staff was nice. It's just not worth the money.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Love coming to this restaurant. They are always consist with the food and service. Everything on the menu is delicious and you won't be disappointed with any choice that you make.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I had the whitefish and it was fantastic. Very tasty and perfectly balanced with a wine sauce. Our waiter, Jesus, couldn't have been more helpful and genuine with his service and recommendations. He left us with a warm feeling and a desire to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findtheballDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful food and impeccable service. The hostess was the most efficient employee I have ever seen. Great place!!!Special Features:
- Great for Food & SecretsBadgersrockVIPDined on 7/11/2014It was so loud that you could be seriously disparaging the next table (very close by) and they would never know. That said, the food made up for it. My husband's lentil porcini soup was delicious and he was delighted with the pappardelle alla boscsiola which came with porcini mushrooms and pancetta in a tomato sauce - he had enough for lunch the next day. My caprese salad was good and was a generous enough serving that it provided a starter the next day. I thoroughly enjoyed what tasted like house made spinach tagliatelle with a rich meaty bolognese sauce, which tasted even better the next day. We were too full for desert but hope to try it on our next visit to Santa Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta GO!!!RickyDined on 7/10/2014we almost did not go..glad we did...the food was outstanding..the Risotto was out of this world..great value for the amount of food and the quality was awesome..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a hot nightnomorecookingDined on 7/5/2014After a busy day, knowing most SB restaurants are air conditioned, we decided on Ca'Dario. Haven't been for a few years and were not disappointed. The food and drinks were awesome; but what always makes the evening even if the food is not great is the service and server.Both were great and I would go back again tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and great service!AP65Dined on 7/4/2014My family and I enjoyed a wonder meal a Ca 'Dario during our first visit to Santa Barbara. The food was excellent and it was accompanied with fantastic service.
- Wonderful food, and fair serviceMikeskiDined on 7/4/2014This place has always had a certain peculiarity with the service, but fortunately makes up for it with the fantastic food. My family and I went early on a Friday, 4:30 pm or so, and were essentially the only patrons there. The five of us got our table right away and then proceeded to noticeably wait for things like water and bread. It wasn't a huge deal, just noticeable considering that the place is small and the entire staff was apparently getting their chatting out of the way before the evening rush. Such is being human, though I guess I was hoping they might be more attentive at a time the restaurant was not busy. As I said, the food more than makes up for it, and my quail dish was superb, as was everyone else's food. I will yet return.Special Features:
- Loved this placeDeepap19Dined on 7/3/2014The Foos was totally awesome. The Ravioli was the best I have ever had. The wine we selected was jus as fabulous. I would come back here every time I am here in Santa Barbara.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Food, creative and delicious Service, outstanding by every employee, especially our server Ambience, comfortable seating, soothing colors, very well designed space. Music, Great classics played at a low level that was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food and service ever!nicknameVIPDined on 6/26/2014Had the gnocchi special. Best food ever! Service was also outstanding! Will return for sure.Special Features:
- consistentFlossie17Dined on 6/26/2014I go to Ca Dario several times a year and it is always excellent. Claudia has been a server there for years as well and is fantastic. Ask for her. The food is authentic Tuscan fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atrocious serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Our hostess had to dual function as a server also because there weren't enough employees. The waiter hardly came around because he was serving so many tables. After waiting 1.5hrs for our meal, it turned out our waiter had ordered the wrong meal! He was so forgetful and unapologetic. Then we had to wait ANOTHER 30 mins for the CORRECT meal. The men's bathroom looked worse than the NY subway restrooms. The toilet was clogged and didn't function! For a supposedly 5 star restaurant, this is beyond acceptable. I asked to see the manager, who was simultaneously bartending because they didn't have a bartender. I politely let him know the toilet was broken. He was not receptive of my critique at all and didn't seem to care. Terrible manager.Special Features:
- never fails fantasticpkbloves2dineDined on 6/15/2014This is one of our go to spots for special occasions. It is reliably delicious and comfortable. Everything is delicious, well-presented and the service is friendly and impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ca'Dario!foodieluvVIPDined on 6/12/2014Like having dinner in Italy! The bolognese is the best I've had outside of Italy and the ravioli with brown butter and sage sauce is to die for!Special Features: