Ca' Dario Ristorante
37 E Victoria St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ca' Dario Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cadario.net/
- Phone: 8058849419
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dario Furlati
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Danny Chisholm 8058849419
A word from Ca' Dario Ristorante
"Anything grilled is divine, and the rest of the menu is delectable at this charming Italian restaurant in Santa Barbara known for its excellent execution of simple pasta, meats and other classics. A fantastic wine list with many available by the glass; its a local favorite, so reservations are a must."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ca' Dario Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Ca' Dario Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (43)notable wine list (27)romantic (27)hot spot (15)great for lunch (12)good for groups (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great foodChrissyDined on 10/18/2014Overall it was excellent, just really noisy where we were sitting. The tables are really close together as we sat against the window in between two other tables. Not fit for a romantic dinner sitting there. Or waitress was very good and or food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoogFoodieDined on 10/16/2014Ca'Dario is always good food and service, always consistent. Big city energy in a small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Ca' Dario never disappoints. Our reservation was promptly honored. The waiter was pleasant but not very attentive--it took too long to order, and we had to flag someone down to ask for water, bread, etc. But the food was very good; very tasty without being pretentious or too fancy; we got the impression a lot of diners were return customers. The variety of selections was good, and portions were adequate. The bar was good, with some inventive concoctions. A solid dependable place; we return as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fav spotstablabDined on 10/14/2014For our anniversary, we briefly thought about trying something new, but no. Why ruin a good night. We went back to our favorite food in town, at Ca' Dario. Love it. I always have to get the same thing, because I miss it in between visits! So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobraveDined on 10/14/2014A gem in Santa Barbara. Terrific food and consistently good. Get the ravioli, grilled asparagus with pancetta and balsamic, and the lamb.Special Features:
- Food good, atmosphere chaoticcrademacDined on 10/10/2014Nice food, very flavorful. Quite expensive for the atmosphere. Can't sit without other patrons rubbing against you as they go buy. Plenty of attentive staff. If you like a hustling atmosphere for a night out this place is fine. I fell there were too many tables in this tiny place.Special Features:
- Great FoodtygerrDined on 10/1/2014It's no wonder this place is a local favorite. Great wine list and even better food. Tables are a bit small, but make for a nice romantic and fun evening.Special Features:
- Another Great DinneratadineDined on 9/29/2014This was our 5th or 6th visit to the restaurant spanning a few years - whenever we visit Santa Barbara and want a really good meal. The food is consistently excellent. This evening we were taking another couple out for the gentleman's birthday. Whitefish Puttanesca special, Veal Chop and Rack of Lamb were the 4 entrees, preceded by stuffed artichoke and grilled asparagus appetizers and Caesar salads. All in the 8-10 range of taste, quality and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMelissaFDined on 9/28/2014Once again Ca'Dario was delicious. We were in a time crunch to get to a concert. The waiter was attentive and moved our dinner along nicely without us having to remind him. Our food was yummy and atmosphere was great as always.Special Features:
- Great food, great timepspmikeVIPDined on 9/23/2014One of the best restaurants in Santa Barbara. A can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must if you are in Santa BarbaraRBDiner2014VIPDined on 9/20/2014The Ravioli is fantastic. Seriously. The staff are very helpful and attentive. Five stars!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchlovebirdDined on 9/19/2014This was our first meal in Santa Barbara as fiancés. I have eaten here before for dinner and it was packed. Lunch was very toned down and open. The food here is amazing!! I urge everyone to try it. If you're going for the first time, go for lunch, but don't be surprised if you're going back for dinner.Special Features:
- CharmingMaxTartuffoDined on 9/17/2014This is the kind of restaurant you want to be around forever. It's where you get a bite with a friend or casual date. The food isn't "foodie remarkable" but it's reliable with sweet and sincere service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationPaulfromnaplesDined on 9/8/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner with another couple. Other than the high noise level in the full room, the evening was enjoyed by all. The complimentary tiramisu was a great way to end our dinner.Special Features:
- A bit tightCjonesVIPDined on 9/8/2014Hard to hear your table guests with long tables. I would not bring a group there again. You miss most of the conversation.
- Delicious Italian Foodluv2dineVIPDined on 9/8/2014Their ravioli and pastas were amazing! Nice wine list, too!Special Features:
- Trustworthy great foodWertDined on 9/7/2014This is a lovely restaurant that always delivers quality food. I hadn't been in a while because it can be noisy but for this occasion I asked for a quieter table and they put us in the second room in a corner and it was perfect (this second room is not someplace you are shunted off to, just a little quieter). Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!AG66Dined on 9/5/2014Food, service, wine all perfect! Will come back here every time we visit Santa Barbara. One of the best Italian meals we've ever had!Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodsyDined on 9/5/2014It's been a few years since we visited Santa Barbara. I remembered how great the food was & I looked forward to a return visit to Ca'Dario. We were not disappointed, the food was fabulous. My only complaint was the noise level which made it difficult for the four of us to hear each other speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerramaDined on 9/4/2014I had a salad and spinach ravioli here. Both were excellent and lived up to the reputation. Pasta was freshly made. Service was very efficient.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JulioDined on 9/2/2014Food is spectacular. Great value for the dollar. Just too noisy.Special Features:
- Continues to impressRB36VIPDined on 9/1/2014Came back to this place because we were craving the Bolognese and it still surpassed our expectations. We do Italian all the time and CaDarios has the best Bolognese we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently One of the BestAnandaDined on 8/30/2014Ca' Dario is always a lively scene, very high noise level and terrific food. The best spinach ricotta ravioli in town! Try their signature app, grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto! Very tasty.Wonderful wait staff. Note this restaurant doesn't close between lunch and dinner, making it a great choice for those who like to eat in the late afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again, Owner (Dario) is awfulNoMoreDARIODined on 8/30/2014Had my birthday dinner here with my family over Labor Day Weekend 2014. The restaurant completely messed up an order (it came after all other people were done eating) and when we asked them to remove the dish from the bill, they refused. They said they would comp our two appetizer salads but when the bill came, both salads were on there and they removed $8.48 BUT they also ADDED a desert charge and we didn't order any desert (VERY SNEAKY)! We spoke to the manager and Owner (DARIO) they were rude and dismissive. Further, DARIO's solution was for us to just not tip on the meal - what an awful business owner that he would rather his employee's lose out than to resolve a dispute with his customer! I would encourage you to never go here.
- One of the best in townFoodHoundDined on 8/28/2014Lots of places to dine in Santa Barbara, but very few can compare with the food, service, and vibes of Ca' Dario. Just the right touch of Italy to make a perfect lunch or dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014First let me say that I am Italian. My goodness what a great meal we had. We started with drinks. I have had plenty of Martinis but these were amazing! We had side Cesar salads (not bad but I would skip next time), John Dory putanesca (seriously amazing), eggplant parmigiana (best I have had in a restaurant), and some capellini pomodoro. I was in Santa Barbara for 3 days and this was the best meal we had. I will be there again.Special Features:
- DeliciouszackerDined on 8/22/2014Enjoyed lunch with a friend at Ca Dario. Not nearly so noisy as it is for dinner. Food delicious and service excellent. Roast chicken grilled sandwich very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatpizzaexpertVIPDined on 8/19/2014We were out of the country for several months, but on returning came back to our favorite Italian restaurant. The food was 100% consistent with what it had been, everyone recognized us and we were given the same great service as always. Ca'Dario is consistent! The always filled restaurant shows others feel the same way about it as we do.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantDetroitDonny58Dined on 8/16/2014Great Italian food!! I love Italian and this place is a local hangout with the best I have found in California. The ravioli, house salad, eggplant pram, lamb chops, striped bass, are all excellent! I go every year for my birthday. I love it!Special Features:
- Greet dinnerTruegritDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food. I had the privilege of trying 5 different dishes. My favorite was the risotto. Great staff and nice scene.Special Features:
- Great foodcaroletDined on 8/12/2014Lovely neighborhood restaurant. Large menu and really good pasta. The evening specials were also delicious. When crowded it's pretty noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodJustokVIPDined on 8/11/2014Busy and somewhat rushed until we said to slow down. Food pretty good lots of specials. Bread cold and chewy which we just expected better from an Italian restaurant with a pizzeria attaches
- Delicious foodenjoyfoodDined on 8/9/2014We were only visiting Santa Barbara for one night and were very pleased to have been told about Ca'Dario. The food was all completely delicious and there was plenty of it. We went for sea food options throughout and really enjoyed everything we tried. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatVIPDined on 8/9/2014if you like Italian this is the spot in Santa Barbara......Pasta if fabs.Special Features:
- We like Ca DarioRozzieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always have a great dinner here and our waiter, Don, is always good. We like to take our friends from Los Angeles because it's one of the better places in Santa Barbara. The only drawback is that it's extremely loud because of the acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid if you want to conversecentralcoastdinerDined on 8/8/2014I've enjoyed this restaurant in the past when I have arrived at early, off season, and week days. My most recent dining on a Friday night at 7:15 pm was awful due to the exceptionally noisy conditions. Had to lean in across our small table and almost shout to be heard. We cut our dinner short and left within 1 hour. Contributing to the noise level was a party of 8. The dining space is small and confined so you can't escape noisy people. If you want to talk, this isn't the place or be sure to ask if there are any groups coming in around your reservation time. Without the noise problem, my overall rating would have been very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise beyond beliefOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food was excellent but the entire experience painful due to the noise level. Tables are close together and with a packed house loud voices bounced off the walls. We would never go backSpecial Features:
- As good as it ever wasWittyDined on 8/1/2014I used to live in Santa Barbara some years ago and Ca Dario was my favorite restaurant back then. My husband and I were passing through town on our way to LA and wanted to have a nice dinner in SB and thought we'd go to Ca Dario. In short, it was as fantastic as I remember. We were both blown away by our meals (I had the bologonese--yum! He had the gnocchi--super fresh, and we both shared the fresh local mussels for an app--just delicious! Oh and don't forget the affogato desert...sigh!) In short, it's still amazing here. Any restaurant that can last in sb has to be something special, and cadario is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- betterrestaurantsSBVIPDined on 8/1/2014I haven't been to Ca'Dario in quite a while. I don't go there in general because of the noise level. In the past their food was quite good, the typical Italian fare in Santa Barbara where all the Italian restaurants seem to have the same menu , with the same flavors. My dinner this time however was poor on every level. My rotisserie chicken was overdone and tasted as though it had been cooked quite a bit earlier in the day. The spinach was tasteless and also tasted and looked as though it had been made days before and sitting a refrigerator and reheated. My three companions thought their dinner only fair as well. The service was fine and efficient . I would try it again in a pinch but I am certainly not rushing back.
- Nothing specialFoodie70Dined on 7/30/2014Food could be better prepared Service needs upgrading