Ca' Dario Pizzeria
29 E. Victoria St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Ca' Dario Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cariopizza.net/
- Phone: 8059572020
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Dario Furlati
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ca' Dario Pizzeria
Steps away from chef Dario Furlati's flagship eatery, Ca Dario Pizzeria has a warm yet urban feel, with an extensive wine list and domestic and Italian beers on tap. The authentic, thin crust pizzas feature both unique and traditional toppings, such as the Soffione con Uovo (dandelion greens, local farm egg), Rossa Picante (fresno chilies, calabrese, tomato) and Napoletana (tomato, anchovies, capers); all pizzas are available with gluten free crust. The menu also features a selection of simple and fresh salads, salami plates, and crostini. Located in the heart of downtown, it's the perfect cozy spot for a meal before or after a show at one of Santa Barbara's many idilic entertainment venues.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ca' Dario Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good not greatFoodfunVIPDined on 8/16/2014Good not great pizza...they lack flavor....it's a shame because the main restaurant serves such delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodie spotluvs2grubDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I love coming to Ca'Dario Pizzaria for the tapas and hand crafted pizzas. We love that they accommodate gluten free pizza crust as well they have a very well thought our small wine list that doesn't break the wallet. Good neighborhood eatery for locals and visitors the like. Friendly service and low key atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Ca' Dario Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Better not try itneedamedicDined on 4/26/2014Mediocre pizza, the bagelish crust all wrong with a few haphazard bits and pieces of canned clams swimming on a bed of blandly unrecognizable mozzarella. My friend's pizza was just as poor. For a restaurant that bills itself a pizzeria, this is bad news. The salad was overspicy, and the wine nondescript.
- disappointingSkichickDined on 4/3/2014There was a downtown event which likely increased the number of customers and lack of sufficient wait staff. Our waitress did the best she could and was friendly and apologetic. I was under the assumption that there were options from the main restaurant available. This was the first time at the pizzeria.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian Style PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2014Thin crust - fresh toppings in moderation. A worthy companion to the superb Ca Dario. Give it a try.
- not impressedAdrianaDined on 3/19/2014SB has some great authentic Italian pizza places , this is for sure not going to be my favorite.
- Italy in Santa BarbaraOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014Ca'Dario has blessed us with a second restaurant in Santa Barbara. The pizzeria has so many offerings of specialty Italian thin crust wood fired pizza's and salads that everyone can rejoice. Great service, good location, warm and friendly. A real gem.Special Features:
- Fun and yummysantabarbaralocalVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had fun ordering pizza and different small plates. Noisy but ok for 2. Would be difficult for a larger group to carry on a conversation. Great options for sampling wine. Fun evening and great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza with tomatoes was soggyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/16/2014Pizza with tomatoes was soggy and falling apart. They were nice enough to take it off the bill.
- Service was a little slowDinnerDined on 2/16/2014Service was a little slow an inattentive. Food was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, value and serviceOTreviewsDined on 2/14/2014My family and I love this restaurant. The food is always very good, satisfying, consistent, and with good rapport quality-cost. The staff is friendly and professional. My only complaint is that it is a bit noisy and that sometimes -e.g., busy weekend nights; Valentine's- you have to wait, sometimes for a while, even if you have a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked with Open table but ......941lifeVIPDined on 2/7/2014Booked with open table but when we arrived where told , the restaurant was full and we couldnt have a booked table as they where not taking bookings..... Not a great advert for open table !! we have eaten here many times and the food is always great but the staff attitude maybe needs improved !I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/8/2014great atmosphere,food was delicious... and service impeccable. I will keep this as a favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint late night bite.KarinVIPDined on 1/3/2014The restaurant Ca' Dario came recommended to us from our hotel, Spanish Garden Inn (fabulous btw), but we really just wanted a casual quick meal. Thankfully the same owner has a pizzeria just a few doors away. Delish! Vibrantly friendly staff and honest food. Looking forward to returning and dining at both restaurants on our next trip to SB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdeborahVIPDined on 1/3/2014VERY noisy and felt crowded. Tables tiny. Food was brought fast- it felt like a cafeteria. Extremely expensive for what we got. When I asked the waiter to bring me change he never did and we finally left without change.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our visit. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013We enjoyed our visit. There happened to be a big loud party, which made for difficult conversation. I did not get credit for my visit via open tavle, which was disappointing as it was my first attempt using open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza and salad.FridayDined on 11/29/2013Great pizza, but you need to offer a whole grain crust. Salad choices were interesting and tasty.Special Features:
- The décor is good, the foodMandHDined on 10/12/2013The décor is good, the food was fine & the staff were very friendly and helpful but due to the noise a four way conversation was not possible without shouting. I know a certain level of noise is useful to restaurants to suggest energy, fun etc but beyond a certain level it becomes unpleasant and off-putting (but perhaps the restaurant is not meant for anyone over 30?) We moved from one table in the center to the corner table by the window which was less noisy but it was still an effort to talk to anyone except the person seated next to you which was a shame b/c we liked the restaurant and the bartender and our waitress were extremely helpful and solicitous.Special Features:
- Great find in Santa BarbaraHarveyClanVIPDined on 10/4/2013We took a gamble and made a reservation at Ca' Dario Pizzeria before heading to SB for a weekend getaway. We were pleasantly surprised by everything: food, service, wine. It's crowded in its space, but it doesn't matter... we'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly PizzeriaAuntDabeeDined on 10/4/2013There is nothing better than a great Italian Pizzeria and Ca' Dario is just that. The service was friendly and good. The pizza was thin with great toppings. It is small and intimate with character.Special Features:
- We have eaten here three timesSBPinotFanDined on 9/10/2013We have eaten here three times since they opened and the food quality has improved each time. The pizzas were excellent and the salads were fresh. I really like how cozy the restaurant is, giving it a unique, more European feel.Special Features:
- Nice addition to Ca Dario!bosanova99VIPDined on 8/10/2013Had a really delicious meal with my friends to celebrate a birthday! Pizza was awesome and they have a great beer and wine selection. Love that they takereservations as I can tell this place can get quite busy. The bar looks very comfortable to sit as well. Will be back!Special Features:
- DeliciousNamasteDined on 7/23/2013Absolutely delicious. Friends wanted to go to Olio Pizzeria but we decided to try something new since our last experience there was something less than stellar. Ca Dario's was awesome. Loved, loved, loved everything about it especially the gluten free option. If somehow Ca Dario's could find a way to soften the ambiance just a bit and provide more space between the tables, everything would be perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in Town?RupertDined on 7/20/2013The folks that own Ca' Dario opened this place last year and it's become a favorite. The scene is decidedly casual, but the pizza is extraordinary. Real Italian. There's a great variety, and the salads and appetizers are great as well. Ridiculously affordable for the quality of the food they serve. There's only one other pizza joint in town that's even in the same league.... This is head and shoulders...Special Features:
- Disappointing spin-off for Ca DariodtdtDined on 7/17/2013The original Ca Dario is one of my favorite restaurants in Santa Barbara; I go there often and have always had an enjoyable meal with great service, so I was looking forward to dining at the their new pizzeria. The wine list is small but has some very good selections at reasonable prices and the burrata was fresh, but the pizza itself was uninspired and just a notch above Domino's. I ordered the Margherita pizza, which I consider the bellwether for judging a pizza restaurant. Instead of chunks of fresh, white mozzarella, it was more like the garden variety cheese pizza available anywhere. Even more disappointing, the crust was tough. If you want a real pizza experience in Santa Barbara, try the Olio y Limone spin-off instead.
- Tastes like grandmas cooking!GailDined on 7/14/2013By far, the best Italian food I've had since my grandma went to heaven! Rest in peace Dora!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure good as Olio PizzeriapizzaloverDined on 7/13/2013The food wasnt bad by any means. .. it just wasn't anything to jump over. We got the fava bean appetizer and it was really simple. .. could easily make it at home. The pizzas didn't have any popping flavors. The wine and service,however, were fantastic!Special Features:
- High quality good valueMikeGVIPDined on 7/9/2013Our first time here. We are local, we will be back. Excellent pizza. Reasonable prices.
- Delicious and differentKatiDined on 6/22/2013small place with a few tables and bar. well-planned. food is all pizza; different interesting combinations. Very relaxed. Great service.Special Features:
- YUM!foodiein93103Dined on 6/5/2013this is a new favorite for us...the mushroom pizza is to die for! AND they do the best GF crust in town. not pricey, lovely servers. great experience overall. try the oven baked olives as an app, they are delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cool space...small enoughSBPinotFanDined on 6/3/2013Very cool space...small enough to feel like neighborhood kitchen. Relaxed atmosphere.
- food was good and economicallyequiqueen3Dined on 5/29/2013food was good and economically priced, but save your money and don't order the carpaccio - you will not get your money's worth - not even close!Special Features:
- Mostly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/7/2013We love the parent restaurant, so we were excited to try this out. It just missed. It was relatively new at the time so maybe they were working out some kinks. We were there in May (writing this in Dec), and I have since read more recent dinning reviews and it seems like they have really impressed most diners. We will give it another shot.
- The Best PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013Delicious thin crust pizza. The gluten free crust was divine! Terrific salads with delicious dressings. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- It was terrific to be metOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2013It was terrific to be met at the door by a server who knew I was coming and knew my name, Nice ambience as well, but the pizza was bland, and I thought, undercooked. The tiny Friday night crowd suggests I'm not alone. Too bad. CA'Dario restaurant nearby is generally quite good and usually packed. The owners need to reassess their pizza technology.
- Really love the CaDario brand,DutchisDivineVIPDined on 4/12/2013Really love the CaDario brand, and this new pizzeria is no exception to the high quality and innovative food served up. A little disappointed in the service, which was pleasant, but not stellar. The restaurant is new, so perhaps theyll pull it together, as I will be back!Special Features:
- Although the space was charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2013Although the space was charming and because it is part of a really great restaurant, we had high hopes. We ordered the melon & prosciutto appetizer. The melon and berries were delicious, but the prosciutto had a taste of refrigerator (when food is put in the refrigerator and not covered properly). We also ordered two pizzas. The Parma (which had prosciutto and arugula), and a special pizza with shrimp, ricotta and a lemon type topping. Both pizzas were extremely dry and flavorless. We ended up asking for olive oil and adding lots of pepper to the pizza. The arugula was very nice, but the prosciutto had the same taste as the appetizer. The pizza crust was dry and brittle, almost like a cracker.
- Santa Barbara is sproutingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Santa Barbara is sprouting new locations for Spago-like pizzas. The pizza was OK but not remarkable at all - meaning those online reviews were saw that weren't deeply impressed matched our experience. We were hoping for something a little tastier (Anchor, Bucatinni, and Via Vai are current favorites.) Olio & LImon pizzeria nearby is pretty good and a bit better than Ca Dario. The setting and ambiance were nice, some good salads We didn't try anything from the rest of the menu so this is really just a snapshot of the pizza.
- It's not often you find aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2013It's not often you find a pizza "joint" that's worthy of "special occasion" status, but that's exactly what Ca' Dorio Pizzeria is. The menu is superb, pizza crust is just-right (thin) and service is attentive but not over-bearing.Special Features:
- Attractive space. Nice bar.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/6/2013Attractive space. Nice bar. Friendly service. Accoustics a bit loud. Arugula salad billed with shaved artichoke hearts but there were only a few slivers of artichoke heart. Clam pizza needed 50% more clams to qualify as a clam pizza. When mentioned to server a dessert was offered (which we declined.) For the cost of the menu items the featured ingredients should be more plentiful.