835 2nd Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cabianca.com/
- Phone: (707) 542-5800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Zicaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further emails.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer multiple private dining rooms, whcih work perfect for business meetings, rehearsal dinners, weddings, and family gatherings.
A word from Ca Bianca
Ca Bianca's cuisine is a blend from multiple regions of Italy, from Milano in the north to Sicilia in the south. Our delicious array of tantalizing dishes include house-made pasta and bread, perfectly cooked steaks, seafood classics, creative antipasti, garden fresh salads, and of course, rich desserts. Ca Bianca is a treasure of warmth and charm in the heart of Santa Rosa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ca Bianca - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Ca Bianca reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (28)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (12)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- MimiDined on 11/18/2014I used to frequent Ca Bianca while working, bringing colleagues and out-of-town guests. However, since retiring a few years ago, have not had the need to. I will come back more often. A gem, with good service, good food and great ambiance, which is so lacking in Santa Rosa restaurants. Don't change a thing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a girlfriend lunchhikers2Dined on 11/5/2014Mid week shopping with a friend began with delicious salads. I enjoyed the chicken Cesar and my friend the spinach salad. Both were fresh and tasty. The wait staff was friendly and attentitive. Last week I enjoyed dinner with a group of women and each of our dishes was cooked to perfection. We especially enjpyed the fresh pasta and ravioli dishes. Will be back again soon. The ambiance is quiet and homey located in a historic home in mid town with lovely gardens all around.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmospherePyeshkaDined on 11/4/2014The food is great, and it's everything is very service oriented. When we were there a large group of several dozen people was also, and that's when the fact that this restaurant is inside an old house proved useful. The doors to the main room were closed and the noise level in our section became manageable. All around, a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elrusochinoDined on 10/25/2014Very good food and the waiters are on the spot/ Overall a very good dining experience. pricey but very good. Definitely for special occasions/ The noise level was a bit too high when the dining room was fullSpecial Features:
- VIPfoodyVIPDined on 10/21/2014my second visit to Ca Bianca - and once again the food was extremely good, and offered a varied menu. As we dined on a night when the World Series was being played, the restaurant was fairly quiet. A lovely dining room, and attentive waiting staffSpecial Features:
- Mauihaoles123VIPDined on 10/20/2014Wonderful northern Italian style food--not a lot of red sauce. Reasonable prices and wonderful atmosphere of a white house, as the name suggests. Patio/porch area also available. A favorite.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicebarney99Dined on 10/15/2014The owner greeted us and seated us. The food was excellent as was the service. All of the food was hot when appropriate and likewise for the cold food. White table cloths and napkins, but not stuffy at all. My wife had the Ravioli and I had a lamb pasta. She had a soup that was wonderful and I had a caesar salad. Both excellent. For dessert we had panna cotta. When we left the owner spoke to us and thanked us for coming in. He is very gracious and personable. Very impressed he helped serve many tables while we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business or pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014My wife and I had been at different times with different family members and we all loved Ca Bianca. A year later I took some business colleagues because I thought they would enjoy the food and wine and it was again fantastic. On a Tuesday night it was crowded so I know I'm not alone. Great food, great wine, and especially great service. Location was unique too.Special Features:
- Only So SoTimRDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I chose Ca Bianca based on her experience there several years ago. We were unfortunately seated in a room with two very loud parties, making conversation impossible without shouting at each other. I realize this is not the restaurant's fault, but it does illustrate that the room was very "live", and not suitable for a quiet dinner. The food was OK, but the real disappointment was the service provided by our server. He did the absolute minimum...took our drink order, took our food order, and presented the check. The rest of the time he passed by without a second glance at us, even though we were trying to get his attention for drink refills, the dessert menus etc. Thank goodness for the other servers who picked up his slack.
- pleasantly suprisedroscoDined on 10/5/2014I found this restaurant on open table and decided to try it from the reviews. I was not disappointed - a great place for Italian food. We tried several dishes and all were fantastic. It is located in a beautiful old house tucked away on 2nd street, but what a find. You will not go wrong going to this restaurant. Our waiter was charming and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calkentVIPDined on 10/4/2014One of my favorites in Santa Rosa. Very good, well presented food, friendly staff, good wine list, and I love the architecture (old house,circa 1850's)Special Features:
- beautiful Victorian dinnerTravelerDined on 10/2/2014We go back again and again for great food in a beautiful old Victorian home. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ChangeOktwdinerDined on 10/1/2014Each of us in our group of four were 100% satisfied with all aspects of our meal. Only criticism was that there were several large groups in the restaurant at the same time we were, resulting in a rather long (1/2 hour) wait for our table service to begin.Special Features:
- Go To Place for Special CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2014Ca Bianca is my go to place for special occasion dinners. The food is always outstanding and the service great. Love the wait staff and their sense of humor.Special Features:
- Long time favorite!Yummy57Dined on 9/30/2014I have lived in Santa Rosa for 35+ years, and Ca Bianca has always been a favorite. The food has always been excellent, the atmosphere delightful and the service quite good. I highly recommend Ca Bianca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience and diningStanDined on 9/27/2014From the moment we walked in we were treated wonderfully. We were seated promptly and brought bread and olive oil/balsamic vinegar. The menu had adequate selections to choose from. Our waiter was friendly and provided good insight into the food options. The owner, upon learning we had spent 5 weeks in Italy this summer, came by and chatted with us for a goodly amount of time. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Just not very goodEdhrrVIPDined on 9/27/2014We had been to Ca Bianca years ago and didn't bother to go back until recently because we heard some good things about it. If it is a warm day and you sit on the front porch, it probably outweighs the food. But the inside is pretty tired. And the service was perfunctory. And the food..Two of us were pleased with our entrees. But two people ordered the pork and it didn't taste like anything. It was so boring, we left half of it on the plate and no one asked if there was a problem.
- Great restaurantMikeLVIPDined on 9/24/2014We loved the food and service. The gnocci appetizer with gorgonzola was delicous, as was the entree of pappardelle. We plan on returning.Special Features:
- Fine service, mixed verdict on foodCleanyourplateVIPDined on 9/24/2014We had great service at our recent experience at Ca Bianca. The food was all at least good, some very good. The Caesar salad was okay, not great, but the avocado salad was very tasty. The sea bass special was, again, very good, but the lamb pasta lacked a bottom note. All in all, very good and we'll certainly return.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceGaryBVIPDined on 9/23/2014We were in town on a group tour and several of us had received recommendations to try the food here. The ambiance was nice, good service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved itNoreenBVIPDined on 9/20/2014from the moment we walked in great food great service we will definitely come back again I had the Risotto with shrimp it was absolutely wonderful my husband had pork Marsella enjoyed it thoroughly prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionspendingkidsinheritanceDined on 9/19/2014Romantic setting in old Victorian mansion, fantastic for the special occasions: anniversary, birthday, etc. Or just a night out for Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VenueDCW1Dined on 9/12/2014This is an outstanding Italian restaurant. The ambiance is wonderful, the wait staff is great, and the food is outstanding. It is a gem of a place.Special Features:
- Classic Italian in a Classy SettingWineGooRewDined on 9/11/2014Loved the meal - I had the Lamb Shank, my friend had the NY Steak - both were delicious, but the lamb shank was the ultimate meal for my birthday. I was glad to have Damien as our server, he was perfect, engaging, knowledgeable without being overbearing - superb service and food down to the bread served. We started at the bar and the barkeep has this really odd looking beard with no personality. Then the owner came out, a good looking man, but then also had a negative presence - so we hurried to the table and everything from there on out was exquisite. I Highly recommend this place. We went a bit early around 6:30pm and the place was quiet on a Thursday evening. I imagine a bit later is more interesting and upbeat.Special Features:
- Great Place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Very good food and service. Atmosphere was fantastic as we'll went for anniversary and was treated fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014The restaurant is located in an old house just outside the Santa Rosa downtown. We found the food to be excellent and the service top notch. I will go back the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for date nightdinner4twoDined on 9/7/2014This is a great place for couples wanting a little romantic flare. The building is historic and charming. We were acknowledged immediately, seated after a moment. The server was courteous and friendly. Our food was served within 15 mins of ordering. The wine knowledge was spot on. Overall I was impressed with the atmosphere, service, and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ca BiancaWilliams700Dined on 9/7/2014Ca Bianca will always be Ca Bianca as long as Marco & Karin own it. We have been there many times, last Sunday night it was a wedding anniversary to celebrate. We had a wonderful dinner with every thing we wanted, along with wine, and dessert. I never leave there thinking this will be the last time I will be here, I know there will always be another time. You have to try it to know what I mean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a Happy Birthday!HappygirlDined on 9/5/2014I took my husband to Ca Bianca for his birthday and we were very happy with the service, food and ambience. It is a pleasure to dine at a restaurant where I can hear my husband talk to me. We ordered a very lovely Amarone to have with dinner. We have found that Ca Bianca has a wonderful and reasonably priced wine list which makes it easier to try something new. We shared an appetizer of prosciutto and melon. The balance between salty and sweet was perfect. We also shared the squash ravioli which we enjoyed very much. We both had the special, a fillet with truffle risotto. We both agreed that this was a very special dish. The beef was tender and the risotto was perfect. Our waiter brought dessert and sang Happy Birthday with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014I did not find the food to be very impressive. The lettuce on my caesar salad was limp. The bread bland. The fish special for the night they had run out of by 7pm, and the pasta I ultimately ordered had no flavor. The other 3 in my dinner party pretty much agreed we will not go back. The only saving grace for the evening was when they moved us to an outside table. We had asked for a quiet table as my father is hard of hearing, but they originally placed us right in the middle of the room.Special Features:
- Romantic gem!WCdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Such a neat little restaurant in a gorgeous old home. Very romantic with excellent food, service, and ambiance! Def would recommend to friends visiting Santa Rosa. Would be better if there were no kids as it takes away from the romantic vibe, but nonetheless, a great date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!WineandDineDined on 8/20/2014Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. The building is a beautiful heritage home and offers a romantic, relaxed atmosphere. The service was top notch. The only disappointment was that although our reservation was fairly early in the evening (7pm), two of the dinner specials were no longer available. That being said, after making other choices, the food was delicious! At the end of the evening the staff was very gracious and offered a tour of the house. It was worth seeing :) We would definitely recommend spending an evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had the best pasta Carbonara there so was happy to take friends at a later date. My fettucine was a bit dry, another's halibut was good but not great, other pastas seemed ok to the folks who may have been too polite to say. I ordered gelato for dessert which came quickly but was melted mush. Ill still go back because of the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeTrvlrswifeDined on 8/9/2014Very satisfied. Would never of found it if it hadn't been for OpenTable!Special Features:
- Good Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal, and the service was good. Our entrees were very flavorful, Italian favorites. The bread, though, was heavy and flavorless. Semolina bread would have been so much nicer.Special Features:
- The following 360 reviews are from the Ca Bianca reviews archive.
- Wonderful Birthday celebrationNancyDined on 7/25/2014We had a special occasion to celebrate and the service and food did not disappoint. We will be sure to return for dinner again soon.Special Features:
- JulieDined on 7/22/2014The night we attended was my 90th Birthday and I wanted everything to be special. We had a lovely table location and most enjoyable menu selections. We will certainly return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite goodpetraleDined on 7/19/2014The food was Italian and very good. Excellent Lamb Shanks. The ambiance could be better. It is a nice big house with several rooms for dining. But the lighting is awful, and they could use a lighting expert to help make it have a warm glow. The service was pleasant, but slow, and my son in law got the wrong cocktail, but declined to complain. I would go back, armed with a small flashlight and maybe one of those look alike candles with a battery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!!PattyDined on 7/10/2014We discovered Ca Bianca about six months ago and it has become our special "go to" place, most recently for a romantic Saturday evening dinner for my husband's birthday. It has casual elegance in decor, food and service, and never disappoints. My husband had an amazing lamb chop and my pasta was done perfectly as usual. The gnocchi appetizer is out of this world.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDinerDighDined on 7/7/2014Took friends to lunch and had the perfect combination of beautiful room, great food, good wine (a bottle I had had before), and knowledgeable servers. Ca Bianca is never a disappointment.Special Features: