835 2nd Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cabianca.com/
- Phone: 7075425800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Zicaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further emails.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer multiple private dining rooms, whcih work perfect for business meetings, rehearsal dinners, weddings, and family gatherings.
A word from Ca Bianca
Ca Bianca's cuisine is a blend from multiple regions of Italy, from Milano in the north to Sicilia in the south. Our delicious array of tantalizing dishes include house-made pasta and bread, perfectly cooked steaks, seafood classics, creative antipasti, garden fresh salads, and of course, rich desserts. Ca Bianca is a treasure of warmth and charm in the heart of Santa Rosa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ca Bianca - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Ca Bianca reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (36)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (20)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Romantic gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Such a neat little restaurant in a gorgeous old home. Very romantic with excellent food, service, and ambiance! Def would recommend to friends visiting Santa Rosa. Would be better if there were no kids as it takes away from the romantic vibe, but nonetheless, a great date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!WineandDineDined on 8/20/2014Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. The building is a beautiful heritage home and offers a romantic, relaxed atmosphere. The service was top notch. The only disappointment was that although our reservation was fairly early in the evening (7pm), two of the dinner specials were no longer available. That being said, after making other choices, the food was delicious! At the end of the evening the staff was very gracious and offered a tour of the house. It was worth seeing :) We would definitely recommend spending an evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had the best pasta Carbonara there so was happy to take friends at a later date. My fettucine was a bit dry, another's halibut was good but not great, other pastas seemed ok to the folks who may have been too polite to say. I ordered gelato for dessert which came quickly but was melted mush. Ill still go back because of the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeTrvlrswifeDined on 8/9/2014Very satisfied. Would never of found it if it hadn't been for OpenTable!Special Features:
- Good Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal, and the service was good. Our entrees were very flavorful, Italian favorites. The bread, though, was heavy and flavorless. Semolina bread would have been so much nicer.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday celebrationNancyDined on 7/25/2014We had a special occasion to celebrate and the service and food did not disappoint. We will be sure to return for dinner again soon.Special Features:
- JulieDined on 7/22/2014The night we attended was my 90th Birthday and I wanted everything to be special. We had a lovely table location and most enjoyable menu selections. We will certainly return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite goodpetraleDined on 7/19/2014The food was Italian and very good. Excellent Lamb Shanks. The ambiance could be better. It is a nice big house with several rooms for dining. But the lighting is awful, and they could use a lighting expert to help make it have a warm glow. The service was pleasant, but slow, and my son in law got the wrong cocktail, but declined to complain. I would go back, armed with a small flashlight and maybe one of those look alike candles with a battery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsDinerDighDined on 7/7/2014Took friends to lunch and had the perfect combination of beautiful room, great food, good wine (a bottle I had had before), and knowledgeable servers. Ca Bianca is never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant in Sta RosaDinerDighDined on 6/28/2014Took my visiting friend from Santa Barbara to dinner here, after we had had dinner elsewhere that was quite nice on another evening, and this was hands down the best of all the food we had during her visit. I moved up here from Sta. Barbara and they have good restaurants too. I was glad to be able to take her to a place she could go home and rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 6/25/2014This place has become our favorite. Most important is the creativity and the quality of the food. This is Italian food as it is prepare in the good restaurants of Italy. The setting is perfect with a casual elegance that make you glad to be there. The service is attentive ant pleasant. The owner is also sure to check on you to make sure that you are pleased with your dining experience. The prices are far lower than what you would expect...less than $90 per couple including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved service neededvivacitaDined on 6/21/2014Food was great, as always. The waiter seemed to be clocking his visits at ultrahigh speeds, wanting to get the order in a hurry and move on. It definitely had a spoiling effect. Maybe my fault was not telling the owner of our discontent when he came to ask how our meal was. I'd go more often if the service was more reliably pleasant.
- Divine spot, refined Italian food.doghairnancyDined on 6/5/2014Ca Bianca is one of my favorite places for carefully prepared Italian food in a beautiful setting. I always love the gnocchi and the butternut squash ravioli. The caesar salad is tangy and done perfectly. We tried the seafood pasta special, which was lovely….a very light tomato sauce and the freshest fish. The wine list has plenty of good choices, local and Italian. The service was friendly and efficient, without being too much. Marco and Karen have made this a special place for diners who love peace and quiet and simple elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of food!3folkseatingoutDined on 5/21/2014A very enjoyable meal in a restored Victorian house! Super service from a very knowledgeable wait staff. Well prepared Italian cuisine out of the ordinary. The lamb dishes and the quail dish where all extraordinary! Highly recommended! Bring your appetite!Special Features:
- Not your average Itallian retaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014Great ambiance, outstanding service. Lunch with 4 generations of out family was Very nice.Special Features:
- Fantastic as ALWAYS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day dinner was fantastic as always. Our server Damian was incredibly sweet and fun! He even made sure every detail was taken care of with all the changes that were made to our order (I was the easiest no changes at all). Never had a mediocre let alone bad meal there and we've been going for years.
- Great DinnerGreat2eatDined on 5/10/2014This was a Great Dinner and the place was right with the food.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Ca Bianca!RogerHDined on 5/2/2014Went there the day before my Wine Country Century bike ride with my partner...both she and I agreed that the food was outstanding and the service was wonderully non-intrusive but attentive. I would go there again!Special Features:
- The following 346 reviews are from the Ca Bianca reviews archive.
- Gorgeous with great foodecolieredelagastronomieVIPDined on 4/22/2014What a beautiful restaurant! The walls are a pale yellow with gentle landscapes set into the wall and a blue-grey ceiling. The food is sensation. I had a wonderful avocado salad, followed by saltimbocca. The preparation reminded me of the sublime version I had had in Rome--sage sandwiched between the veal and the prosciutto. It was simply terrific! I followed that up with unforgettable cannoli. IT was without question the best casnnoli I have ever had--almond flavored, a very thin crust, sprinkled with almost slices and shavings. The house is surrounded by a pretty little garden. Service was beautiful.Special Features:
- Great Italian - AnytimeFoodLoverDined on 4/21/2014I have been going to Ca Bianca for about 15 years. It is consistently fantastic on all fronts. Try it for lunch or dinner - it is amazing!Special Features:
- What a surprise!kefitzpatrickDined on 4/19/2014We were in the Sonoma/Napa area for over a week with a group of people. We had a lot of great food and wine. The last night we wanted to stay close to our rental and decided to try this restaurant based on other reviews. What a great surprise. Not only was the food excellent the restaurant itself is beautiful and the people/service went above and beyond to make our dinner a perfect ending to our travels. My gnocchi was perfect, my husband has one of the specials, also excellent. We had to stop our uncle from licking the plate of his chicken dish. Everything was great. We would make a special trip back to Santa Rosa to go here again. We have already recommended it to other people.Special Features:
- A treat!MailLadieDined on 4/18/2014I consider this fine dining. Lovely surroundings with lots of old world charm as well as history. All 4 of our meals were excellent. Hand made pasta with lamb ragu very tasty. Waitstaff excellent, our waiter even gave us an upstairs tour after dinner. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSITY DinnerDisappointedDined on 4/17/2014Service(poor)male server rushed us to order even before we had a chance to review menu, then was no where when we were ready to leave. No smile nothing.Had to ask female server for bill. Needs to be more attentive.Special Features:
- Our new favorite!PattyDined on 4/15/2014Great food and service in a wonderful setting. This is our new go to place for a special dinner or a lunch. So glad we found it. Wait staff is knowledgable and welcoming, owner chats with the guests, The setting is awesome and the food spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dining and amazing foodFabSoCoFoodDined on 4/15/2014I go to this restaurant often. This visit was for a work lunch. Several of us came at different times and as each person arrived, they immediately took the order and delivered the drinks. They always have amazing food, excellent service and wine list. It is great when you want to be able to have a conversation without raising your voice and be able to hear across the table. The outside seating is fabulous, you can sit on the deck with all the flowering trees and shrubs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner timestardokDined on 4/8/2014Good location but parking somewhat tight. Seated promptly. Service slow by US standards but this is an Italian restaurant so we didn't mind, makes it more of an event as opposed to an activity. Wine list needs work. They are in wine country and have few wines by the glass and limited bottle selection. Polenta appetizer very good. Wanted arugula salad but they "didn't get their delivery (how about going to the local store?). Pear and gorgonzola salad was good. Chicken Marsala average, tasted like maple syrup. Pappardella with lamb very good. Would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian restaurant in SonomaBob1VIPDined on 4/5/2014We had a very delightful evening at a truly Italian restaurant on our visit to Sonoma County. This place really had the look and feel of Italy, and our meals were terrific. We would love to return to Ca Bianca on our next trip to Sonoma!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Ca Bianca restaurant is set in a beautiful victorian house. It is very romantic with good food and and excellent service. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone who is celebrating a special occasion or just wants to spend a little more money for wonderful evening. It was my husband's birthday and I had informed the restaurant when I made the reservation on line. After dinner he was served a chocolate cake dessert with a candle in it. I was surprised because I forgot to remind my waiter about my husband's birthday when we first showed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBobharrisDined on 3/22/2014My wife and I loved our dinner. Friendly helpful staff and excellent Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem close to downtownTdrexVIPDined on 3/17/2014Selected the restaurant at random as this was our first visit and it was one of the few restaurants open for lunch on a Monday that appeared to have some panache. We were not disappointed. We ate on the porch surrounded by a beautiful garden of this old Victorian mansion. Food was very good and the service was superb. Restaurant is open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Some items were not on the menu but the server helped us to similar other items resulting in all four people in our party being very pleased. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might become a favoriteSdeCDined on 3/14/2014Comfortable but elegant, good classic italian food with a lighter touch. I loved the mussels and clams appetizer and the tagliatelle with lamb sauce; my husband has enjoyed the seafood linguini and the fettucini with an angus beef sauce. The risotto with salmon from Sonoma restaurant week menu was perfectly cooked but a little salty for my taste. The Caesar is authentic and delicious. Good wine selection with plenty of Italian wines. Very friendly and competent service. This was my second visit. It's in an old white house with murals and chandeliers, wooden floors, an inviting bar and outdoor dining that looks like it would be nice on a summer night or after work some day. I'll no doubt be back. My family and friends all enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried this restaurant outDebbieDined on 3/14/2014We tried this restaurant out during restaurant week & will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restraunt Week Menu ReviewNorCalMomDined on 3/12/2014We loved the ambiance and the Victorian home setting. Our service was outstanding, very attentive and friendly. We tried two of the entree options for restaurant week, the Pollo Ca'Bianca and the Fettuccine Al Ragu Genovese, both were delicious! The vanil;a bean panna cotta with fresh berries for dessert was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Ca Bianca soothes the soul.doghairnancyDined on 3/12/2014It's my favorite place for an inexpensive, luxurious little meal. The food is always very good. But the ambience….that beautiful white victorian with cozy spaces….is what really sets it apart. Like dining at your elegant grandmother's house. Marco and Karen are terrific owners who don't cave in to fads.Special Features:
- Always delicious; beautiful settingSharonDined on 3/11/2014ONce again we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Ca'Bianca. The food was lovely, the portions reasonable, the staff attentive, and the noise level allows you to enjoy your company there too. A favorite for special occasions for us all year long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service,KawenaDined on 3/11/2014Great food, great service, ambience, what more could we ask for?Special Features:
- Always FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2014We have eaten at Ca Bianca five times now which is no where near enough as it is a terrific dining experience in every respect: ambiance, service, menu selection, food preparation/presentation, wine selection (AND pricing), and value. Our only regret is that we live too far away to become regulars, but whenever we're remotely close to Santa Rosa, Ca Bianca for dinner is a must. Indeed, anyone who lives in or near Santa Rosa is making a huge mistake if they do not go -- whether for special occasions or for no particular reason other than to enjoy a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our love lives on!MfishesqVIPDined on 3/7/2014Simply said....every time we go to Ca Bianca we are reminded about what it's one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Great SpotRehobobumDined on 3/7/2014Had a very enjoyable meal! Food was very good, service was complete and the wines by the glass were very good! The only reason I couldn't go for to excellent was we had a problem with the person who ran our credit card as they didn't run it correctly and the amount was more than the meal should have been. It was quickly corrected but other than that mistake, everything was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond DeliciousJennygirlDined on 3/4/2014The food, the drinks, the service... all stellar. Traditional Italian with lovely specials. Will return soon for my Italian fix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.