835 2nd Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cabianca.com/
- Phone: 7075425800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Zicaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further emails.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer multiple private dining rooms, whcih work perfect for business meetings, rehearsal dinners, weddings, and family gatherings.
A word from Ca Bianca
Ca Bianca's cuisine is a blend from multiple regions of Italy, from Milano in the north to Sicilia in the south. Our delicious array of tantalizing dishes include house-made pasta and bread, perfectly cooked steaks, seafood classics, creative antipasti, garden fresh salads, and of course, rich desserts. Ca Bianca is a treasure of warmth and charm in the heart of Santa Rosa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ca Bianca - Best Restaurants in Santa Rosa ›
Ca Bianca reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (37)neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (20)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great restaurantMikeLVIPDined on 9/24/2014We loved the food and service. The gnocci appetizer with gorgonzola was delicous, as was the entree of pappardelle. We plan on returning.Special Features:
- Fine service, mixed verdict on foodCleanyourplateVIPDined on 9/24/2014We had great service at our recent experience at Ca Bianca. The food was all at least good, some very good. The Caesar salad was okay, not great, but the avocado salad was very tasty. The sea bass special was, again, very good, but the lamb pasta lacked a bottom note. All in all, very good and we'll certainly return.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceGaryBDined on 9/23/2014We were in town on a group tour and several of us had received recommendations to try the food here. The ambiance was nice, good service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved itNoreenBVIPDined on 9/20/2014from the moment we walked in great food great service we will definitely come back again I had the Risotto with shrimp it was absolutely wonderful my husband had pork Marsella enjoyed it thoroughly prices reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionspendingkidsinheritanceDined on 9/19/2014Romantic setting in old Victorian mansion, fantastic for the special occasions: anniversary, birthday, etc. Or just a night out for Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VenueDCW1Dined on 9/12/2014This is an outstanding Italian restaurant. The ambiance is wonderful, the wait staff is great, and the food is outstanding. It is a gem of a place.Special Features:
- Classic Italian in a Classy SettingWineGooRewDined on 9/11/2014Loved the meal - I had the Lamb Shank, my friend had the NY Steak - both were delicious, but the lamb shank was the ultimate meal for my birthday. I was glad to have Damien as our server, he was perfect, engaging, knowledgeable without being overbearing - superb service and food down to the bread served. We started at the bar and the barkeep has this really odd looking beard with no personality. Then the owner came out, a good looking man, but then also had a negative presence - so we hurried to the table and everything from there on out was exquisite. I Highly recommend this place. We went a bit early around 6:30pm and the place was quiet on a Thursday evening. I imagine a bit later is more interesting and upbeat.Special Features:
- Great Place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Very good food and service. Atmosphere was fantastic as we'll went for anniversary and was treated fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014The restaurant is located in an old house just outside the Santa Rosa downtown. We found the food to be excellent and the service top notch. I will go back the next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for date nightdinner4twoDined on 9/7/2014This is a great place for couples wanting a little romantic flare. The building is historic and charming. We were acknowledged immediately, seated after a moment. The server was courteous and friendly. Our food was served within 15 mins of ordering. The wine knowledge was spot on. Overall I was impressed with the atmosphere, service, and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ca BiancaWilliams700Dined on 9/7/2014Ca Bianca will always be Ca Bianca as long as Marco & Karin own it. We have been there many times, last Sunday night it was a wedding anniversary to celebrate. We had a wonderful dinner with every thing we wanted, along with wine, and dessert. I never leave there thinking this will be the last time I will be here, I know there will always be another time. You have to try it to know what I mean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a Happy Birthday!HappygirlDined on 9/5/2014I took my husband to Ca Bianca for his birthday and we were very happy with the service, food and ambience. It is a pleasure to dine at a restaurant where I can hear my husband talk to me. We ordered a very lovely Amarone to have with dinner. We have found that Ca Bianca has a wonderful and reasonably priced wine list which makes it easier to try something new. We shared an appetizer of prosciutto and melon. The balance between salty and sweet was perfect. We also shared the squash ravioli which we enjoyed very much. We both had the special, a fillet with truffle risotto. We both agreed that this was a very special dish. The beef was tender and the risotto was perfect. Our waiter brought dessert and sang Happy Birthday with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014I did not find the food to be very impressive. The lettuce on my caesar salad was limp. The bread bland. The fish special for the night they had run out of by 7pm, and the pasta I ultimately ordered had no flavor. The other 3 in my dinner party pretty much agreed we will not go back. The only saving grace for the evening was when they moved us to an outside table. We had asked for a quiet table as my father is hard of hearing, but they originally placed us right in the middle of the room.Special Features:
- Romantic gem!WCdinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Such a neat little restaurant in a gorgeous old home. Very romantic with excellent food, service, and ambiance! Def would recommend to friends visiting Santa Rosa. Would be better if there were no kids as it takes away from the romantic vibe, but nonetheless, a great date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!WineandDineDined on 8/20/2014Everything about this restaurant was wonderful. The building is a beautiful heritage home and offers a romantic, relaxed atmosphere. The service was top notch. The only disappointment was that although our reservation was fairly early in the evening (7pm), two of the dinner specials were no longer available. That being said, after making other choices, the food was delicious! At the end of the evening the staff was very gracious and offered a tour of the house. It was worth seeing :) We would definitely recommend spending an evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely venueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had the best pasta Carbonara there so was happy to take friends at a later date. My fettucine was a bit dry, another's halibut was good but not great, other pastas seemed ok to the folks who may have been too polite to say. I ordered gelato for dessert which came quickly but was melted mush. Ill still go back because of the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeTrvlrswifeDined on 8/9/2014Very satisfied. Would never of found it if it hadn't been for OpenTable!Special Features:
- Good Italian FareOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal, and the service was good. Our entrees were very flavorful, Italian favorites. The bread, though, was heavy and flavorless. Semolina bread would have been so much nicer.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday celebrationNancyDined on 7/25/2014We had a special occasion to celebrate and the service and food did not disappoint. We will be sure to return for dinner again soon.Special Features:
- JulieDined on 7/22/2014The night we attended was my 90th Birthday and I wanted everything to be special. We had a lovely table location and most enjoyable menu selections. We will certainly return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite goodpetraleDined on 7/19/2014The food was Italian and very good. Excellent Lamb Shanks. The ambiance could be better. It is a nice big house with several rooms for dining. But the lighting is awful, and they could use a lighting expert to help make it have a warm glow. The service was pleasant, but slow, and my son in law got the wrong cocktail, but declined to complain. I would go back, armed with a small flashlight and maybe one of those look alike candles with a battery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!!PattyDined on 7/10/2014We discovered Ca Bianca about six months ago and it has become our special "go to" place, most recently for a romantic Saturday evening dinner for my husband's birthday. It has casual elegance in decor, food and service, and never disappoints. My husband had an amazing lamb chop and my pasta was done perfectly as usual. The gnocchi appetizer is out of this world.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsDinerDighDined on 7/7/2014Took friends to lunch and had the perfect combination of beautiful room, great food, good wine (a bottle I had had before), and knowledgeable servers. Ca Bianca is never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant in Sta RosaDinerDighDined on 6/28/2014Took my visiting friend from Santa Barbara to dinner here, after we had had dinner elsewhere that was quite nice on another evening, and this was hands down the best of all the food we had during her visit. I moved up here from Sta. Barbara and they have good restaurants too. I was glad to be able to take her to a place she could go home and rave about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 6/25/2014This place has become our favorite. Most important is the creativity and the quality of the food. This is Italian food as it is prepare in the good restaurants of Italy. The setting is perfect with a casual elegance that make you glad to be there. The service is attentive ant pleasant. The owner is also sure to check on you to make sure that you are pleased with your dining experience. The prices are far lower than what you would expect...less than $90 per couple including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved service neededvivacitaDined on 6/21/2014Food was great, as always. The waiter seemed to be clocking his visits at ultrahigh speeds, wanting to get the order in a hurry and move on. It definitely had a spoiling effect. Maybe my fault was not telling the owner of our discontent when he came to ask how our meal was. I'd go more often if the service was more reliably pleasant.
- Divine spot, refined Italian food.doghairnancyDined on 6/5/2014Ca Bianca is one of my favorite places for carefully prepared Italian food in a beautiful setting. I always love the gnocchi and the butternut squash ravioli. The caesar salad is tangy and done perfectly. We tried the seafood pasta special, which was lovely….a very light tomato sauce and the freshest fish. The wine list has plenty of good choices, local and Italian. The service was friendly and efficient, without being too much. Marco and Karen have made this a special place for diners who love peace and quiet and simple elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 351 reviews are from the Ca Bianca reviews archive.
- Lots of food!3folkseatingoutDined on 5/21/2014A very enjoyable meal in a restored Victorian house! Super service from a very knowledgeable wait staff. Well prepared Italian cuisine out of the ordinary. The lamb dishes and the quail dish where all extraordinary! Highly recommended! Bring your appetite!Special Features:
- Not your average Itallian retaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/14/2014Great ambiance, outstanding service. Lunch with 4 generations of out family was Very nice.Special Features:
- Fantastic as ALWAYS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day dinner was fantastic as always. Our server Damian was incredibly sweet and fun! He even made sure every detail was taken care of with all the changes that were made to our order (I was the easiest no changes at all). Never had a mediocre let alone bad meal there and we've been going for years.
- Great DinnerGreat2eatDined on 5/10/2014This was a Great Dinner and the place was right with the food.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Ca Bianca!RogerHDined on 5/2/2014Went there the day before my Wine Country Century bike ride with my partner...both she and I agreed that the food was outstanding and the service was wonderully non-intrusive but attentive. I would go there again!Special Features:
- Gorgeous with great foodecolieredelagastronomieVIPDined on 4/22/2014What a beautiful restaurant! The walls are a pale yellow with gentle landscapes set into the wall and a blue-grey ceiling. The food is sensation. I had a wonderful avocado salad, followed by saltimbocca. The preparation reminded me of the sublime version I had had in Rome--sage sandwiched between the veal and the prosciutto. It was simply terrific! I followed that up with unforgettable cannoli. IT was without question the best casnnoli I have ever had--almond flavored, a very thin crust, sprinkled with almost slices and shavings. The house is surrounded by a pretty little garden. Service was beautiful.Special Features:
- Great Italian - AnytimeFoodLoverDined on 4/21/2014I have been going to Ca Bianca for about 15 years. It is consistently fantastic on all fronts. Try it for lunch or dinner - it is amazing!Special Features:
- What a surprise!kefitzpatrickDined on 4/19/2014We were in the Sonoma/Napa area for over a week with a group of people. We had a lot of great food and wine. The last night we wanted to stay close to our rental and decided to try this restaurant based on other reviews. What a great surprise. Not only was the food excellent the restaurant itself is beautiful and the people/service went above and beyond to make our dinner a perfect ending to our travels. My gnocchi was perfect, my husband has one of the specials, also excellent. We had to stop our uncle from licking the plate of his chicken dish. Everything was great. We would make a special trip back to Santa Rosa to go here again. We have already recommended it to other people.Special Features:
- A treat!MailLadieDined on 4/18/2014I consider this fine dining. Lovely surroundings with lots of old world charm as well as history. All 4 of our meals were excellent. Hand made pasta with lamb ragu very tasty. Waitstaff excellent, our waiter even gave us an upstairs tour after dinner. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSITY DinnerDisappointedDined on 4/17/2014Service(poor)male server rushed us to order even before we had a chance to review menu, then was no where when we were ready to leave. No smile nothing.Had to ask female server for bill. Needs to be more attentive.Special Features:
- Our new favorite!PattyDined on 4/15/2014Great food and service in a wonderful setting. This is our new go to place for a special dinner or a lunch. So glad we found it. Wait staff is knowledgable and welcoming, owner chats with the guests, The setting is awesome and the food spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dining and amazing foodFabSoCoFoodDined on 4/15/2014I go to this restaurant often. This visit was for a work lunch. Several of us came at different times and as each person arrived, they immediately took the order and delivered the drinks. They always have amazing food, excellent service and wine list. It is great when you want to be able to have a conversation without raising your voice and be able to hear across the table. The outside seating is fabulous, you can sit on the deck with all the flowering trees and shrubs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner timestardokDined on 4/8/2014Good location but parking somewhat tight. Seated promptly. Service slow by US standards but this is an Italian restaurant so we didn't mind, makes it more of an event as opposed to an activity. Wine list needs work. They are in wine country and have few wines by the glass and limited bottle selection. Polenta appetizer very good. Wanted arugula salad but they "didn't get their delivery (how about going to the local store?). Pear and gorgonzola salad was good. Chicken Marsala average, tasted like maple syrup. Pappardella with lamb very good. Would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.