C5 Restaurant Lounge
100 Queen's Park
Toronto, ON M5S 2C6Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
C5 Restaurant Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.c5restaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4165867928
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am to 3:00pm;
Brunch: Special Features available Saturday & Sunday
c5 Catering is available for private events 7 nights a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Corbin Tomaszeski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: c5 restaurant // lounge transforms each evening into one of Toronto's most intimate and sought after private event venues. Host your next dinner or reception in c5. Available every day after 6pm. c5catering offers the same great food and quality of service in a ROM gallery setting.
- Private Party Contact: Lenore White 8776255168
A word from C5 Restaurant Lounge
c5 is a unique dining destination featuring menus from the ROM's new Executive Chef, Corbin Tomaszeski. Enjoy a casual yet tasteful dining experience in the c5 crystal dining room or comfortable lounge, located at the pinnacle of the Michael Lee-Chin Crystal.The elegant dining ambiance allow patrons to enjoy stunning views of the cityscape. c5's dining room and lounge are open 7 days a week for lunch, with brunch features on Saturday and Sunday. Pleasing the palate by featuring local and sustainable food practices and a selection of Canadian and international wines. chef Corbin's food philosphy revolves around simple and classic dishes that tell a story. He believes the best meals use everyday ingredients to create beautifully presented dishes that are uncomplicated, accessible and appealing to everyone. The ROM is an iconic Toronto destination, bringing people together to celebrate nature and culture. Dining at the ROM's restaurants reflect the Museum's heritage through food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C5 Restaurant Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- I have often taken visitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013I have often taken visitors from out-of-town for lunch at C5, and it has always been a pleasant experience. I prefer C5 to Frank because of the view and the lower noise level. I hope that you re-open soon.Special Features:
- Excellent food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/6/2013Too bad that they closed for business. The food was excellent. We had lunch there. It was the best lobster sandwich I've ever had. The atmosphere was fair. A bit like a cafeteria.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a delectable lunch,A1terifictimeDined on 4/4/2013Enjoyed a delectable lunch, was pleasantly surprised by the view, nice modern decor. We has a very nice lunch,Special Features:
- Service is not bad, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2013Service is not bad, however, it is just too slow. The food took too long to arrive, considering the dining room is not full. Wait staff are slow as well.Special Features:
- Although C5 only serves lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2013Although C5 only serves lunch (it used to offer dinner service), the food was not bad. I thought it was above average but it wasn't amazing either. I would still recommend the restaurtant for its food and the view. I noticed that a lot of families there, which makes sense as it's inside the ROM.Special Features:
- Super awesome lunch environment. GOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013Super awesome lunch environment. Great spot in Toronto. Food presentation was outstandingSpecial Features:
- one of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2013one of my favorite places in the city, but I love the city views, architecture, and museum. Also kid friendly.Special Features:
- Dining was a treat...the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2013Dining was a treat...the food was great...the service was friendly and helpful without being intrusive....the architecture was terrific....the view of the city pretty neat....good place if you are visiting the museum or if shopping on Bloor. Good to take your kids to if they are U of T students!Special Features:
- Excellent food! Best was theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Excellent food! Best was the Clam & Shrimp appetizer. To die for.Special Features:
- a very satisfied customer.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013a very satisfied customer. I will come back and tell my friends.Special Features:
- With its magnificent view,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013With its magnificent view, fine food, and conversation-friendly set-up, this was one of my favourite lunch-time spots. However, with the new menu the food quality seems to have plummeted. The dressing on the romaine salad had practically gone missing. The shepherd's pie was nothing of the sort, made with chunks of fatty, gristly, beef in a bland sauce. (The chicken pot pie, a previous favourite, is no longer on the menu.) The Salad Nicoise was a complete rip-off: two small slices of tuna on a bit of greens with a few almost-transparent shavings of fennel and a couple of tiny potatoes, with no sign of the hard-boiled eggs promised on the menu. The profiteroles were four small balls of stale puff pastry,around a small scoop of ice cream.Special Features:
- Good - but not special - foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013Good - but not special - food with good presentation & service (eg coq au vin:- dry baked chicken with generic gravy in deep dish greens-topped over-presentation). Side orders (included with main entree) were the high point. Better value available nearby.
- First class food, flavor,JosephVIPDined on 2/21/2013First class food, flavor, atmosphere and service. Perfect size menu which changes regularly.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Food was outstanding. Service was undoubtedly somewhat slow - but staff compensated with free drinks. Very attentive. View wonderful.Special Features:
- Beware!!PerplexedVIPDined on 2/17/2013Sadly, this restaurant is past its best and needs a major overhaul. Lunch today was slow and allegedly busier than expected, according to our waiter. Perhaps the restaurant was slightly understaffed. My soup was not what I ordered. The main course took a long time to arrive and a bowl of chips was presented as compensation for the delay. The bottle of wine was opened only after our starter was consumed. The waiter was a touch casual until he presented the bill when he apologised for any shortcomings. My wife and I have been patronizing this restaurant occasionally since it opened and usually we have been satisfied, though not ecstatic, about the experience. Anyhow we are unlikely to return anytime soon.
- The Valentine's Day menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The Valentine's Day menu was excellent: nicely balanced and every course very tasty; and our waiter was superb: very personable and responsive.
- Loved It!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We absolutely loved it at c5. From start to finish, from the hostess to our waiter we were so impressed. Our waiter was friendly and very informative. He really knew the menu well. Service was impeccable, and we were not rushed at all. The Lobster Bisque, Lamb and Coq au Vin were delicious. Truffle Chips are addictive. For desert we had the Sticky Toffee Pudding and Apple Beignets with an incredible surprise of rice pudding. We can’t wait to go back and work our way through the menu. It’s a sleek modern and very well designed space that would make a fabulous location for any special event.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance but we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013Nice ambiance but we were very cold because of poor insulation. Very interesting and promising appetizer but our entrees were definitely too rich: the portions were really huge and it was greasy and had so much garlic that we felt sort of uncomfortable for hours.. We were dying to try their desserts but couldn't because of how heavy we felt after one appetizer and one entree. We were really excited about the place and it didn't really meet our expectations. Good wine pairing though and a nice place for a romantic dinner (open space, pretty view), too bad it was so cold...
- Food and ambience excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2013Food and ambience excellent. Our server was very inattentive. Was difficult to get his attention at every stage - ordering, getting extra water, getting the bill. It is not a large space and the restaurant was half empty so I found this trying.
- Great food, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/24/2013C5 was excellent. The food was very well prepared and ingredients incredibly fresh. Surpassed my expectations and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- C5 is my favourite place toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013C5 is my favourite place to bring special relatives and special friends for special occasions. Thank you Don for your service on Wed Jan 09.Special Features:
- Stellar service & food - guaranteedLuvGudFoodDined on 1/4/2013My go-to venue for lunch. Service - always prompt, polite, attentive and well-versed. Food - always pretty to look at and delicious to eat. Time and money definitely well spent.Special Features:
- C5 is an elegant setting atopOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/2/2013C5 is an elegant setting atop the ROM, with as interesting menu and good service.Special Features:
- Disappointing as it was aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Disappointing as it was a New Year's Eve lunch. Website listed their speciality as a lobster BLT and is was no longer available. For a fine dining experience, the menu was lacking - items such as a burger or sheppard's pie are not my idea of fine dining. Our waiter was affable but although he replenished our water glasses, did not refil my wine glass and did not check to see how our meals were. Overall, it was equal to having lunch in a much less expensive venue at a high price.Special Features:
- Fantastic space, very bright,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Fantastic space, very bright, well laid out, but looks better from the outside (as it's part of the Crystal) than inside. Very friendly responsive service. Lunch was quite mediocre given the setting. Cream of wild mushroom soup tasted watered down with mushrooms not fully cooked with rubbery texture. Caesar salad had pastes of mayonnaise in between leaves. Pork rind on salad (instead of bacon) was a good idea, but rind should have been light and crispy. I wouldn't go back to eat, but would to go for a quick drink in the lounge/bar area - just for the space.Special Features:
- SPECIAL DIET REQUIREMENTSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012We needed gluten free food. Our waiter didn't understand the request, but when we asked to talk to the chef everything was just fine.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised at thehotdogDined on 12/23/2012Pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2012Came for Dec 23rd brunch and am glad i did. Food was delicious, croissant was superb, dessert was heavenly. Reasonable price for such quality. Thanks Chef Corbin for the wonderful brunch!Special Features:
- Horrible experience: 60-90min delaycraigarVIPDined on 12/18/2012I have been a frequent patron of C5 for years, but this was my first time since the recent change of chef/menu. My previous reviews of C5 have been raves - IMHO, easily one of the best restaurants in TO. On Dec 18th 2012, I took 4 favourite clients out for a lunch to express our gratitude for the business/friendship. C5 failed/disappointed horribly, largely due to awful service/inexcusable delay. We arrived at 12:45, ordered b/n 1-115. Our waiter went AWOL. At 2:15, he showed up to apologize for delay - food did not begin to arrive until 2:30. To C5's credit, we got 1 wine top-up and a free dessert, but dessert arrived without asking (about prefs), no food like bread provided during delay while we, incl/ a pregnant client, starved....
- Beautiful room, shameful serviceJDineVIPDined on 12/18/2012Gorgeous / Beautiful room... Unfortunately, food and service were not up to par. The soup special (vegeterian curry soup) was excellent but the main course of Tuna Nicoise was overpriced, tuna overcooked, very small portion (3 oz maybe?) and potatoes so drenched with oil, barely edible. The worset was the service. Reservation was for 11:45 am. Waiter came by to give water at 11:57 am. At 12:21 we were asked to order. We were never offered drinks. We ordered. First coures came at 12:45 (two soups). Second course at 1:30 pm...after we complained... We were offered 2 glasses of bubbly, which we declined. We were then offered free dessert but it was almost 2 pm and we had to go... Nothing was compted.Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/16/2012Frankly, rather disappointed in everything. It felt like a notch above the cafe at Ikea. The food was mediocre and, at 12.30, looked like it had been there hours. The service is rather unprofessional. They need some training. A waste of money. I will not be going back and I will not be recommending it.
- Great for Christmas gatherings.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012Great for Christmas gatherings. A good selection of food. Thank you.Special Features:
- Chef Corbin T. has developedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2012Chef Corbin T. has developed a wonderful menu! My friend and I had an excellent meal, and the prices were reasonable. I like the 3 oz wine option too.Special Features:
- Excellent dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012We dined here to celebrate a birthday. My wife and I had different dishes and both enjoyed them very much, both the appetizers and the main course. Staff were very pleasant and appeared at appropriate times. The prices are high but we expected that going in and the food is a notch above to justify the prices. There was a function on the mezzanine that intruded slightly with children crying, but nothing to get excited about. I would recommend this highly.Special Features:
- C5 Restaurant Goes FestiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012I like the large, open spacious aspect of the restaurant. This way, people do not feel crowded in. The service was excellent - From the time I was seated to when I left the restaurant, the waitstaff was very attentive to my needs and comfort. I was really happy with the food. The presentation was conducive to one's concept of an elegant restaurant. The food was very tasty, and with plenty of variety. The background music was just right, setting the festive mood, yet not too loud for comfort. This restaurant is a must go-to, now and in the future!Special Features:
- We loved our brunch at C5.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012We loved our brunch at C5. From the moment we arrived the staff were exceptional. The brunch was excellent with all the food perfectly prepared. We have already recommended it and will be back. Thank you for making our whole experience a very special one.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch; lovelybry6Dined on 12/5/2012Great place for lunch; lovely view; nice ambiance. Food was interesting, delicious and nicely presented!Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/25/2012This was our 2nd visit to C5. We celebrated my son's birthday and the food was excellent.So much so that we invited 3 couples to join us for lunch.I raved about the Shepards Pie and Dauphinoise Potatoes and five of us ordered the Shepards Pie. Unfortunately ALL of them were just warm and one had to be send back. The potatoes were scorched and stuck to the sides of the casserole. A major disapointment since the previous visit the Shepards Pie was perfect as well as the Potatoes. The only redeeming factor was Marlon who served us again. He was very attentive and made the occasion enjoyable. Overall unless C5 pays more attention to the kitchen I would hesitate to recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent menus that changeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2012Excellent menus that change often for added variety. Everything we ate was delectable without being too complicated.Special Features:
- Lunch without the dinosaursBeachesBritsDined on 11/21/2012Good food in a spectacular setting. Most of the staff worked hard to make the lunch fun and rewarding. The food was very good and the cranberry cocktail was just right. Where are the dinosaurs? It would be great to eat amongst them, this is the ROM after all :)Special Features: