C2-Congress Squared Restaurant
157 High Street
Portland, ME 04101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
C2-Congress Squared Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 207-517-8831x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar: Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Bates-Walsh
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Open all Holidays
A word from C2-Congress Squared Restaurant
Congress Squared Restaurant opened its doors in December of 2013. The cuisine is Contemporary American with an emphasis on New England ingredients and local favorites. The menu features New England sourced seafood such as Lobster, Mussels, Halibut, Scallops & Oysters. The bar menu includes more than 10 local Artisan Beers and many Maine Spirits such as Gunpowder Rye, Ingenium Gin, Ration Rum, Cold River Blueberry Vodka and Bartlett Apple Brandy. The intimate dining room seats 70 guests and the bar can accommodate an additional 20. Reservations are available up to 2 calendar months in advance. Congress Squared welcomes walk-in guests nightly in the dining room and the bar. Daily Happy Hour in the bar 4-7pm, 1/2 off Bar Food Menu, Select Maine Beer $4, Seasonal Sangria $6, Patron Silver Cucumber-Cilantro Margarita $7. Visit us for Wednesday Wine Night when all bottled wine is 1/2 off 5pm to close! The restaurant is on the street level of The Westin Portland Harborview Hotel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C2-Congress Squared Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Quite a pleasant surprisePortlandFoodieCoupleDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I decided to try C^2, located in the Westin Hotel, for dinner before a show at the Portland Stage theater. The hotel, including C^2 and its Top of the East Bar (located on the top floor, natch) underwent extensive renovation when the historic property (formerly the Eastland Park Hotel) changed hands in March 2011. We discovered that we could order off the bar menu - it's half off every day from 4-7PM - in the dining room. We started with a hummus dip with pita and olives, and grilled onion/apple/Brie flatbread. My husband ordered the burger and I had the lobster sliders. Service was exceptional (thanks, Evan!) and food quality was comparable to any great local restaurant. The final tab - only $50 including drinks & tip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulJoanDined on 10/4/2014Bar staff outstanding: friendly, real pros, drinks top notch. Bar itself super comfortable and elegant (could do without the TV, but at least there's only one). Ate slowly to savor everything - so delicious! Creamy goat cheese polenta: divine. Kale and broccoli rabe with garlic: bitter in all the right ways, the garlic nutty and flavorful. Dessert of salted caramel gelato with espresso and hot bourbon poured over it ... spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does Portland proudKarmakhamelion1Dined on 9/13/2014A bit off the beaten path in terms of location but the service, ambience and menu are impressive. The most attentive waitstaff who went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Gorgeous restaurant, top notch service, wonderful food that was beautifully presented. I could have made a meal of the bread and ricotta spread; very unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/31/2014The food, service, and decor is really great here. They have some good wines on there list too and 1/2 priced wine bottles on Wednesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseSkis10Dined on 7/25/2014What a pleasant surprise! Atmosphere great, decor wonderful, food spectacular . C2 exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- Pricy, but excellentSH207Dined on 6/30/2014We went to C2-Congress Squared for an anniversary dinner. We had previously had drinks/snacks at the bar, and had been impressed and curious about the dinner menu. The food was excellent and the service impeccable. It was a pricy meal, but the quality was on par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014First time here. The food was good - great flavors, fresh local ingredients and nice presentation but inconsistent. The pork belly starter was tough and although the lamb and the tuna were tasty, the portions were massive, half of which came home with in a doggie bag - not why we dine out. The service was excellent and the chef brought out the final sweets, a trio of delicious chocolates. The room is ultra modern but cold and uninviting. We arrived at 8:30, having tried out the spectacular view from the roof top bar first. There were only two other groups dining and well before we left we were alone - always depressing. C2 is obviously struggling to draw more than their hotel guests. We will wait 6 months before we try again.
- Mediocre DiningMEDinner42Dined on 6/22/2014Chose this restaurant for a special occasion Sunday Brunch. Somewhat disappointed to find that although it was advertised as a trendy hot spot, it really turned out to be really nothing more that a stylish dining room for a hotel. Nothing special about the ambiance except you should be prepared to talk loudly even for a party of two. The prices are on par with a hotel restaurant but definitely do not match up, with the quality which was on par with diner fair. No reason to go back. Better option available in Portland ME.
- The following 22 reviews are from the C2-Congress Squared Restaurant reviews archive.
- We were impressedLetseatVIPDined on 5/31/2014Visited for a late-night dinner after flying into Boston and driving up to Maine. The menu was varied, with locally sourced ingredients and a great selection. Our server, Eric, was knowledgeable about each dish and made some great recommendations. Had it not been so late, we would have definitely stayed for dessert. The bar area is lively and had a great vibe. We will definitely look forward to returning for a more leisurely meal the next time we are in Portland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprise!CatGardnerDined on 5/16/2014Great find and addition to the Portland restaurant scene. Friendly and efficient service not too formal not too casual. The "oysters three ways" was so good we had to go back to the bar the next night and requested again, Which they nicely agreed to make even though it was not on the bar menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Surprise was very special!onlinedivaDined on 5/11/2014My father and his girlfriend loved my surprise. Here's a comment from their email "The Mother's Day treat was just over the top. We felt very special and enjoyed every morsel of our brunch. The venue was lovely and your Dad was proud as punch of his much-loved daughter. Thanks again for the wonderful surprise."Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We had a lovely brunch on Mother's Day. The food was great and there were good options for vegetarians and people who don't eat gluten, (me). The wait staff was excellent. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was the service was a bit slow, probably because it was Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysMaureenVIPDined on 5/9/2014Though the restaurant has only been on the Portland scene a short time, the service and food are exceptional. I highly recommend their signature Cod entree, and for those with hearty appetites, the gourmet hamburger is sure to delight.Special Features:
- Good food/Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/5/2014Stayed at the hotel for a few nights and had dinner here the first evening. All associates were very friendly, especially our server, Jonathan who was absolutely fabulous! Great asset to the team. Food was good, more attention to detail may be necessary. Will be back next time in town, to both the hotel and restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing dinnerelliebethmvDined on 4/20/2014We stopped here for Easter Dinner. Portland has so many nice restaurants. This one is new and they are trying hard. My tenderloin was excellent and cooked just the way I ordered it. My husband's lentil cakes were superb and we loved the chocolate dessert. The service was excellent. The "Farmer's" garlic mashed potatoes seemed overly processed. My only real suggestion for improvement. Plus I think it's a bit pricey for the area.Special Features:
- ExceptionalMaureenVIPDined on 4/11/2014From gourmet hamburgers to their signature Cod, this restaurant, a relative newcomer to the Portland scene, is well worth the visit. Even the paid valet parking is worth the expense as it enhances the elegant experience of this very affordable and well run restaurant. As locals, we will be back ... One of our new favorites.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodMainerDined on 4/2/2014Delicious dinner with unusually attentive staff and chef came out to speak with us. First time I've experienced receiving fresh, warm gluten-free rolls with bread for my companion. Look forward to going again. Unusually great for a hotel restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- talk to the chefwillDined on 3/26/2014The food was outstanding. The beef tenderloin was succulent and tasteful, mash potatoes were creamy, and the asparagus was fantastic. I made the mistake of ordering asparagus on the side (when it already came with it), but ate them all. The chef came out and chatted which seared in the already flavorful feeling that the staff really cared about our meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot - too loudLocalDined on 3/7/2014We had the misfortune of being seated beside two groups, one of six, next to them a group of 12 or 14. Noise level really spoiled a terrific food service and presentation. We'll be back, but will be wary of where we are seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior TeamSamFranDined on 3/6/2014Wait staff and kitchen were very accommodating in re-doing my wife's entre to her satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fastastic new restaurant!!Baxter2banffVIPDined on 2/27/2014Went for dinner the other night, because we wanted to try a new place. It was quiet-not many other diners-but the food was fantastic. I loved the menu! Bread from Standard bakery. Great seafood options, even a good vegan option.Special Features:
- Fabulous FishNeanieDined on 2/16/2014C 2 was a find. The wait staff was attentive and genuine-not just going through the motions. The little loaf from Standard Bread Co, served with a wonderful herb spread was fresh and flavorful. We had lingered too long over drinks on the rooftop and had a limited time before a show so we skipped starters and dessert and ordered swordfish and scrod. The scrod was a generous portion and presented well, albeit a tad salty. The swordfish was transcendent, the best either of us had ever had, melt in your mouth, happy taste buds, raise the eyebrows, nod and smile. A couple at a nearby table were marveling over their meals, too. Obviously the kitchen staff loves what they do-we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIlverwareEmTal1972Dined on 2/15/2014The food was good but the silverware is awful. I hope they change it….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingtheBreezeDined on 2/14/2014Went to this restaurant for Valentines. Everything was outstanding including the staff and food. Well worth the money spent!! If you are looking for a top quality dining experience this is definitely the place to go. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine eveningFootlooseDined on 2/14/2014I had only seen a few reviews on C2 but we decided to go anyway as I wanted to cap the evening with a trip to the Top of the East. The service was impeccable. We got there about an hour before our dinner reservation and the bar tender set us up on a corner of the bar that was great. We had so much fun there we decide to actually eat at the bar! The food was great too. I had the scallops and a salad and they were both excellent. Spouse had the tenderloin and it was really superb. The wait staff were all super friendly and it was an excellent evening. The restaurant did fill up but was not packed. We then moved to the Top of the East where the addition has really expanded the place. The new windows and views were terrific. Great service.Special Features:
- V'Day dinnerMainedishDined on 2/14/2014Had valentines dinner with my wife. I expected it to busy and loud since most restaurants are booked on feb14th, It was not. There were plenty of open tables @ 7:00. Food was very good. Service was fantastic. It was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice ExperienceMainah3Dined on 1/25/2014The staff here was very friendly and accommodating. I told them I was bringing my elderly parents in for dinner and they offered up a private room. When I hesitated about that they offered to set two tables and allow me to choose when I got there. There private room was perfect for our group. We had 7 in our group but I would say we could have had 10 or maybe 12. Perfect for a business luncheon or family group! Food and service were both very good. I absolutely would go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The nightly special, cod,KathVIPDined on 1/17/2014The nightly special, cod, was excellent. My husband had the hamburger and claims it is the best he has ever had..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodvermonterpamDined on 12/25/2013We weren't sure what to expect having Christmas diner at the Weston. We made our reservations for 6 people only the day before as our plans for Christmas Day hit a snag. We had never been to Weston's before and we were pleasantly surprised. The service was outstanding. The waiter made our day. He was so knowledgeable about the menu and the wines. And the food was really outstanding. Two of us had goose - something I hadn't had since my youth! Every bite was memorable. The only downside was the signage to the restaurant from the main entrance and the walk down the hall. Fortunately once we were seated, all was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only open 1 week...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/20/2013...but very good!!! The Clam chowder was fabulous and the service was excellent!!! We'll be back in soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.