C. William's Bistro
26 Grace Drive
Powell, OH 43065Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
C. William's Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cwilliamsbistro.com/
- Phone: 6145056788
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Christopher William Spreng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from C. William's Bistro
Powell's best kept secret. Voted by Columbus Montly as one of 2009's Best New Restaurants.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C. William's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food in odd locationsleepycgDined on 4/20/2014Had Easter brunch here on a first visit. Finding it can be a bit of a challenge; it's block off the main Powell intersection, but the building it occupies is so nondescript you could very well drive by it assuming it's all dentist's offices. They prefer you make reservations, and it's quickly apparent why: It's a small (assuming family-run) staff that likely needs to know ahead of time that they'll be busy. Service was quick and friendly, and the food is obviously the product of culinary training and experience. As a converted store space, there's not much in the way of ambiance (our table was a bit wobbly, and tablecloths obscure cheap furnishings). A decent choice when you can't get in anywhere else.Special Features:
- Small place with great foodHolly18Dined on 3/29/2014Food was great! No oversized portions and big flavors!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenly GoodFoodFancyDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I always enjoy our dinners at C. Williams. The staff is warm and engaging. Christopher even comes around the tables to chat. The food was amazing and his mushroom risotto is the best I've ever had. No one elses' compares.Special Features:
- Our first time here. PlaceBabeRuthDined on 3/15/2014Our first time here. Place is in the neighborhood. Great food and service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food & serviceTippytcupDined on 3/14/2014You can't beat the food at C Williams, our party had a variety of selections (filet, eggplant parmesan, scallops) and everything was fantastic. The service was great too...don't miss this, it's a hidden gem!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingWeluv2eatoutVIPDined on 2/8/2014I truly had high hopes for this place. We dine out to eat frequently but hadn't yet made it there. It was fine but there are too many great places to choose it again. The portions are small--even the pasta. Glasses of wine are stingy. The server totally butchered the pronounciation of many of their regular menu items. It felt as if they were just doing enough to get by and had given up. Sadly disappointed.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseTuliboVIPDined on 1/15/2014We've lived in the area for almost two years but tend to head south for dinner, when our dinner plans fell through we decided to take our 4 year old daughter and try something new. The waitress was incredibly friendly, attentive, and helpful, the cocktails were well made and generous, and the food was excellent. The filet my wife had actually had a grill/char taste to it that added a lot of flavor without overwhelming the meat. If you had to pick on something, the decor is dated, the chairs feeling like your at a wedding reception in 1980, but given the location in a strip mall in Powell I can't fault them for it. The food, drinks, and service were all excellent and we were very pleasantly surprised to find something so good so close.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of The ListWheelerFamDined on 12/14/2013This place is always top notch! I enjoy the quite, small and quaint feel when my husband & I are out on date night! The menu is great and they always make you feel welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal not worth the costSusieDined on 12/13/2013I was very disappointed with this restaurant since this was the second time that it was visited. There was four in our party. The wine portion was very skimpy and I did not feel that the value for the amount was appropriate ($8.50 for about 1/4 of a glass). The meal, the evening special, was a bone-in-ribeye which had a lot of gristle and therefore the value paid ($35) was both neither worth it nor the quality of the meat justify the price. The desert was crème brulee and the portion was very small. Finally, the waitress should have advised us the there was a split plate charge which they charged us for both the salad and the main meal.Special Features:
- A Little Hidden GemMimiStarrVIPDined on 11/19/2013This is a nice little dinner spot in an otherwise non-descript strip mall near downtown Powell. The Chef is excellent and his food reflects culinary skill and creativity. Lovely ambience although it can be a bit drafty in the winter. A fireplace (or at least the illusion of one) would be nice to creat a cozier scene in cold months. When the front door opens as guests enter, the whole place cools down real quick! There is generally only 1 waitress who has to tend to the entire place. on quiet nights, that is great. On busier nights, she is more than running! This MAY slow down the ordering, drink filling, food delivering process. We enjoy the meals and love the small town homey feel overall. Definitely worth checking out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!FoodFancyDined on 11/8/2013We are never disappointed when we visit C. William's bistro. They seem to always have a 'new' wine for us to try with our meal. The food is consistently good. A good value for the quality of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent Visit to a Great RestaurantSteveDined on 10/3/2013C. Williams Bistro is a great place to dine. Four of us dined here and all enjoyed the great food, atmosphere and service. We will dine here again!Special Features:
- Fabulous lamb!HiyaQtVIPDined on 9/11/2013Aged Australian lamb, done to perfection. Wonderful! Would recommend highly, but then again, we always have a great meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately a neighborhood gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013C. Williams is a terrfic alternative in Powell for a more relaxed and upscale food selection at a reasonable price. There were a number of larger parties after an OSU game but the service was attentive and the food came out in a timely manner. I've eaten there numberous times before and have never been disappointed with the quality of the food. The wine list is also a pleasant surprise. The flatbread speacial for the night was amazing!Special Features:
- This is the third time myDaveVIPDined on 7/12/2013This is the third time my wife and I have been to C. Williams Bistro. The food was excellent. I had the special which was duck breat. It was prepared that it was not greasey at all. Top notch food. Our waitress was wonderful but slightly overwhelmed due to lack of staff. This is the second time the service was slow, but still my wife and I had a great evening out. Dave SchmidtSpecial Features:
- C. Williams is a hitTeddyBoyDined on 6/15/2013Overall our group of 6 had a great dining experience. The hostess is the owner's mom, a Brooklyn native, fun and obviously proud of her chef/owner son. I think she has every right to this opinion. The food was wonderful, everything made to order and fresh. 3 ladies in our group stuck to appetizers with a salad. The lobster risotto is to die for. ($10 ). I had a shrimp scampi special. 4 HUGE and wonderfully prepared shrimp (hard to call these shrimps at this size) on fresh pasta in a creamy garlic sauce. Yummy and rich. Everyone loved the food. I think this is a great neighborhood restaurant with fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return soonHiyaQtVIPDined on 5/30/2013Best meal I've had in a long time & that's saying a lot, sine we just got back from a 10-day trip eating our way through Savannah & Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE THIS PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/25/2013The food here is as good or better than what I've gotten at 4 and 5 start restaurants in Manhattan. GO! My favorite is the Chicken Picatta, but everything I've ever had here is just wonderful. Christopher (Chef and owner) does a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As a relatively frequent guest,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2013As a relatively frequent guest, we appreciate that the staff greets us by name, remembers our favorite drink orders, and is friendly -- yet doesn't interfere with our interest in having a private dinner!Special Features:
- C Williams serves up excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013C Williams serves up excellent food that is consistently and thoughtfully prepared and presented. The food at dinner and brunch certainly meet the expectation for 'special occasion.' The dining room seems more 'neighborhood gem' - simply decorated. This to me is a winning combination.Special Features:
- C. Williams has a wonderfulPamelaVIPDined on 3/19/2013C. Williams has a wonderful chef and excellent food. Service is good. But the restaurant could use an update on decor, it's a bit boring and dated inside. But if you are looking for excellent and consistant food, this is your place. Great neighborhood and comfortable place to be.Special Features:
- The food here is always superb;Mark3VIPDined on 3/16/2013The food here is always superb; one of the top properties in Columbus. It might not have the name recognition or location of a Cameron Mitchell, but the quality is equal or better. I appreciate it's family owned and the owner/chef takes great pride in running an outstanding restaurant. I don't often give four stars across the board - and this only comes after making multiple visits and having the food and service being consistently top notch each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for a girls night out.BuckeyeGalDined on 3/8/2013Went for a girls night out. All of us liked our food. Will go again!Special Features:
- The service was fast and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2013The service was fast and food came quickly. The food itself was a mixture of great, good and fair.
- Wanted to try somewhere newScalasDined on 1/18/2013Wanted to try somewhere new so we went to C. Williams Bistro. Service and food were both great but it is over priced. On a Friday night, we were one of 5 tables in the entire place. Need lower prices and more value add for me to go back but it was worth the try.
- Food was well prepared. EntreeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/21/2012Food was well prepared. Entree selection in the group ranged from steaks, seafood and chicken. Food and decor do not fit together! Ambiance was lacking by providing a feeling of being in a diner or a small town restaurant.Special Features:
- My wife and I tried C. William'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2012My wife and I tried C. William's Bistro for the first time and had great food and service. We support local restaurants as much as possible and will dine here again. Thanks for a great night out!Special Features:
- Hidden gemCindyVIPDined on 10/26/2012Food and service exceeded our expectations, would defiantly return.Special Features:
- Omelets were good, but veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2012Omelets were good, but very greasy. I asked for a side of grits and was told the chef grumbled and would have to charge me for a full $8 portion, I passed. I thought that was a little rude. The service was great, she was very apologetic.
- Food quality is exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/21/2012Food quality is exceptional - I think if the decor was different it would qualify as romantic too but needs a facelift. I don't even think it's old, it just needs some style! Again, super friendly staff and amazing food!Special Features:
- What a great surprise. MyDaveVIPDined on 9/21/2012What a great surprise. My wife and I had a wonderful time. The entire staff provided great service. The food was delicious. I highly recommend C. Williams Bistro and will definitely return.Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2012The food was good but the wine and food were over-priced. We were there for a special occasion so were expecting to pay more but the quality of food did not match the price. The restaurant itself was nicely decorated and quiet, the service was good.
- The cheddar biscuit made fromOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2012The cheddar biscuit made from scratch was delicious and the soup of the day, tomato soup, was so rich (even though it didn't contain cream) and at the same time spicy and flavorful. They had a wide variety of (good) wines by the glass. The amount of time and care that was put in was evident in every dish. I'm glad I've found this place!Special Features:
- Not a star at allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012food was very disappointing - not what I expected for the price. Waitress was not very good, including not knowing the name of the special or the price, even though they have been serviing it all week. atmosphere was nice, seating was nice. chef's mother was helping out and proceeded to fill the water glass right over my cell phone, not even aware of it. Again, the food was extremely disappointing. I heard good reviews about this place - but that was over a year ago. Maybe the Chef has changed. This was a special dinner that I had planned --- should have gone to L'Antibes in the Short North, about the same price, but much, much higher quality of food.
- It's nice to have a reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2012It's nice to have a really good restaurant close to home with excellent food and a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- This review is difficult toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012This review is difficult to write because some of the food was fantastic, but the rest was just dismal. The grilled brie tasted like someone bathed it in propane, but the white bean soup was decent. The chicken fettuccine (grilled chicken) also tasted like propane and the pasta/sauce was just a mushy, mess with poor flavor. It was actually inedible, especially with the propane chicken. The star of the dinner was the stuffed chicken and mushroom risotto. It was perfect...well, aside from the side vegetables being undercooked. And the berry dessert (that we received free because the entree was so bad) was pretty good. Service was very good and extremely friendly.
- My bowling team went to C.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012My bowling team went to C. Williams on a Tuesday night. It was the quietest night we've ever had at a restaurant, being that there was only one other family there for most of the evening. We liked the fact we could talk to each other without a problem. The food was delicious and the service was great. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed high qualitySheila0824VIPDined on 4/20/2012Thoroughly enjoyed high quality food in our neighborhood. Reminds you of a family neighborhood restaurant in a big city! Will be back!Special Features:
- I had been to C. William'sSusieDined on 4/3/2012I had been to C. William's a couple of times for lunch and once for dinner. However, my friends had never been there. They loved it. Of course, I did too. We get together once a month for dinner and will be sure to return.Special Features:
- My husband and I dine at C.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/25/2012My husband and I dine at C. Williams rather frequently because we love how consistently well-prepared and delicious! The chicken parm complimented by homemade pasta is one of the best in the city! Small and intimate, the C. Williams is perfect for a quiet night out with family or friends but can accomodate larger groups. The desserts change weekly and Chef always has something to tempt your sweet tooth! C. Williams is a must try for anyone in the Dublin/Powell area!Special Features: